FANDOM


  • What did you think?

    DO NOT Talk about the promo. 

    Clearly, it must be stated often as users are constantly not adhering to it. 

    Spoilers go on the Spoilers board.

    7x19's thread is on the Spoilers Board.

    DO NOT Rant. 

    That goes on the Rant and Rave board.

    Let's grow a fruitful discussion as we countdown to the final finale! (4 episodes left!)

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • What happened in this ep? Couldn't watch it. 

      Who's the Guardian? What are Facilier and Gothel up to? Flashbacks? Present day? Revelation about the Dagger? New coven witches?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I dunno if you guys noticed, but this is the first episode in Season Seven where Lucy was absent. I really missed her, to be honest.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Sabine and Drew kissed??

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thank god that Sabine didn't appeared... I can't stand for she and Drew together...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Matheus1234zx wrote:
      Sabine and Drew kissed??

      Nah, Sabine wasn't even in this episode. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      Sabine and Drew kissed??
      Nah, Sabine wasn't even in this episode. 

      Oh! Thank god they didn't ruined my NookedBayou

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, the end of this episode really did woke me up to something... my favorite show is 4 episodes away from ending. Wow. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      I dunno if you guys noticed, but this is the first episode in Season Seven where Lucy was absent. I really missed her, to be honest.

      Same! I was surprised she didn't pop up once in this episode.

      I am really loving the way the writers are playing with this curse. We've seen people be awake or remember themselves while the curse is still intact, but I am getting intrigued by the concept of giving Henry and Jacinda a hint (the blood test result) that there is truth in Lucy's ramblings, so they might become aware of something more going on even without truly remembering their past selves.

      Also, I LOVED Alice's cloak with the giant blue bow on it! She looked beautiful. <3 It was very cute that in HH, Tilly was wearing a blue blouse under her jacket and Margot was wearing something green, which seemed to be a subtle nod to their NEF counterparts. Blue is the color associated with Alice, and green for Robin Hood.

      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      Sabine and Drew kissed??
      Nah, Sabine wasn't even in this episode. 
      Oh! Thank god they didn't ruined my NookedBayou

      LOL me too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      I dunno if you guys noticed, but this is the first episode in Season Seven where Lucy was absent. I really missed her, to be honest.
      Same! I was surprised she didn't pop up once in this episode.

      I am really loving the way the writers are playing with this curse. We've seen people be awake or remember themselves while the curse is still intact, but I am getting intrigued by the concept of giving Henry and Jacinda hints that there is truth in Lucy's ramblings, so they might become aware of something more going on even without truly remembering their past selves.

      Also, I LOVED Alice's cloak with the giant blue bow on it! She looked beautiful. <3 It was very cute that in HH, Tilly was wearing a blue blouse under her jacket and Margot was wearing something green, which seemed to be a subtle nod to their NEF counterparts. Blue is the color associated with Alice, and green for Robin Hood.

      I loved that too!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Seasrmar wrote:
      Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?

      He stopped Alice from absorbing the power because he didn't want her to be burdened with immortality. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Leroiblanc wrote:
      Seasrmar wrote:
      Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?
      He stopped Alice from absorbing the power because he didn't want her to be burdened with immortality. 

      But why would Alice become immortal? Isn't she supposed to be the Guardian? That means Guardians are immortal? Really confused with this ep tbh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Leroiblanc wrote:
      Seasrmar wrote:
      Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?
      He stopped Alice from absorbing the power because he didn't want her to be burdened with immortality. 
      But why would Alice become immortal? Isn't she supposed to be the Guardian? That means Guardians are immortal? Really confused with this ep tbh.

      The Guardian doesn't destroy the power, they just absorb it. Since they aren't corruptible, they don't really do much dark stuff ig, but they still would have all of the powers. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Leroiblanc wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Leroiblanc wrote:
      Seasrmar wrote:
      Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?
      He stopped Alice from absorbing the power because he didn't want her to be burdened with immortality. 
      But why would Alice become immortal? Isn't she supposed to be the Guardian? That means Guardians are immortal? Really confused with this ep tbh.
      The Guardian doesn't destroy the power, they just absorb it. Since they aren't corruptible, they don't really do much dark stuff ig, but they still would have all of the powers. 

      Interesting. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Leroiblanc wrote:
      Seasrmar wrote:
      Wait, I'm confuse. Did Rumple really stop Alice from using the dagger to remove the darkness because he really care for her or another reason that was misinterpret as he care for her? What I mean was when Alice was using the dagger to remove the darkness, it looks like Alice as the Guardian (different from Emma as the Savior) could remove the darkness out of Rumple without it having to occupy another host. It look to me he stop her because once again he wasn't ready to give up his power. The whole Belle VO bit was a bit of internal struggle for Rumple, let Alice take the darkness from him and he could be united with Belle or keep the power. He may just have told Alice that he didn't want her to be doom to a life of darkness and Nook misinterpret it as Rumple did a good thing. But was it a struggle to preserve power?
      He stopped Alice from absorbing the power because he didn't want her to be burdened with immortality. 

      You're right, he did say immortality. But my question remains the same, was he sincere? I guess I'm trying see how Alice as Guardian different from Emma as Savior removing the darkness. Thought she could remove the darkness without absorbing it herself and immortality was just a side power. If the Guardian was going to essentially remove the darkness that comes with power of immortality, the Guardian should have immortality too. I thought that what Rumple meant.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ok my question, what was in that bowl that Tilly brought Margot in the bar towards the end of the episode? She was like "you're right. you can put candy on anything". It looked like she put candy on a bunch of avacodoes! 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Great ep, way better than last week. Poor Rumple:{

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What happened in this ep? what was the revelation about the dagger? who was the Guardian? whats Facilier up to? how did scaly Rumple come back? why did Rumple and Robin fight? what happened and the flashbacks? and present day?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Truest Believer wrote: What happened in this ep? what was the revelation about the dagger? who was the Guardian? whats Facilier up to? how did scaly Rumple come back? why did Rumple and Robin fight? what happened and the flashbacks? and present day?

      Alice is the Guardian, she was back then but when she was about to absorbe the Dark One’s Magic and free Rumple, but he stopped her as soon as he realized that he would force her into another tower, the immortality. However in the present, the DO dagger was all the time in Tilly’s Backpack, as she was guarding it without knowing, it was calling her, meaning she’s actually The Guardian!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AnimationFan18 wrote:

      Truest Believer wrote: What happened in this ep? what was the revelation about the dagger? who was the Guardian? whats Facilier up to? how did scaly Rumple come back? why did Rumple and Robin fight? what happened and the flashbacks? and present day?

      Alice is the Guardian, she was back then but when she was about to absorbe the Dark One’s Magic and free Rumple, but he stopped her as soon as he realized that he would force her into another tower, the immortality. However in the present, the DO dagger was all the time in Tilly’s Backpack, as she was guarding it without knowing, it was calling her, meaning she’s actually The Guardian!

      Facilier is trying to get Rumple's power, plain and simple, although he didn't do much to accomplish that in the episode. Rumple became scaly because he was succumbing to darkness again; presumably, the thing about him "locking up his memories" he said in The Eighth Witch" was to preserve part of his humanity. Rumple and Robin didn't fight. In flashbacks, Rumple tested Alice by trying to get her to kill Facilier (telling her that if she did, she could break the poison on Nook's heart).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AnimationFan18 wrote:

      Truest Believer wrote: What happened in this ep? what was the revelation about the dagger? who was the Guardian? whats Facilier up to? how did scaly Rumple come back? why did Rumple and Robin fight? what happened and the flashbacks? and present day?

      Alice is the Guardian, she was back then but when she was about to absorbe the Dark One’s Magic and free Rumple, but he stopped her as soon as he realized that he would force her into another tower, the immortality. However in the present, the DO dagger was all the time in Tilly’s Backpack, as she was guarding it without knowing, it was calling her, meaning she’s actually The Guardian!

      Thank you! did they reveal Faciilier's plans?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This was a pretty okay episode. It was far from bad, but it didn't exactly break any new ground, either. We always kind of knew Alice was going to be the Guardian. We pretty much know Rumple isn't going to fall back to darkness. And, honestly, I'm getting kind of bored of Facilier and wish they would focus some on Gothel -- especially since Facilier isn't really doing much of anything. This episode was basically about how he failed at his goal and we still don't know what's going on between him and Regina. (But I've basically given up on seeing that.)

      I'm glad they're actually developing Alice and Robin as a relationship and not just a token. It's a shame I don't have a single ship to be particularly supportive of this season (Hook/Tiana is the closest but I'm like 80% sure it was an accident and I'm trying to keep my hopes low), but I guess Jacinda/Sabine's friendship and the little bits I like of Henry/Cindy will be enough.

      I'm finding it hard to focus on the parts I liked but I swear there really were some. I'd give this episode a 6/10 for a solid structure and better than several other episodes, but unfortunately boring.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really liked this episode, but it did seem to have so much going on we didn't get to focus on any one thing.

      I'm glad we get to see old Rumple again, but he made me feel really sad, he seemed so alone even though he has more friends than ever.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • "You haven't changed a bit and I'm done with it"

      Preach Regina!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Watching Bobby do his Rumple-isms without all of the makeup (apart from his hands) was a sight worth seeing! Shows just how fantastic an actor he is to pull it off looking normal.

      Also loved the moment when Rumple almost fell over when Nook came up behind him...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • NickM98 wrote:
      Watching Bobby do his Rumple-isms without all of the makeup (apart from his hands) was a sight worth seeing! Shows just how fantastic an actor he is to pull it off looking normal.

      Also loved the moment when Rumple almost fell over when Nook came up behind him...

      Agree. That was the best part of the episode for me as well

      The was turning into his imp-like self. Even his voice changed for a bit at the end of the scene. That was brilliant

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This episode was really good. Alice being the Guardian came as no surprise. To be honest, I was a bit confused on how Rumple was testing Alice at first because he just seemed to be manipulating her into crushing Facilier’s heart in order for Killian’s heart to be cured, but then I realized that was the whole point. Rumple was encouraging her down a dark path so when she chooses to not crush it, her pure heart is confirmed. I loved that when Alice brings the dagger to her, the darkness starts getting sucked back into the dagger and it begins to glow until Rumple’s named fades away. It then turns into a ball of light that Alice starts to try and control, which makes Rumple get a conscience and realize he can’t burden the dagger onto Alice because immortality is just another tower. This episode showed Rumple slipping back into the darkness without Belle to help him stay good (hence him turning back into the imp), but he finally realized that in order for him to truly be free of the darkness and be a good person, he can’t make someone take it on, even if that person is unable to be corrupted by it and was willing. I liked how this was in contrast to the present day where Weaver seems to be slipping back into the darkness and not because he got a conscience. 

      I loved all the Curious Archer scenes we got, both in the NEF and in Hyperion Heights. I love that Robin became the messenger for Alice and Killian and that she gave her a bracelet which she gives to her a second time in Hyperion Heights. I thought their date of eating candied apples and going to Alice’s favorite bookstore was wonderful and I also loved how Robin told Alice that she would never be too much for her, even on her bad days. I also love how at the end of the episode in the NEF, they appear to be living together in Alice’s cabin. 

      Another thing I enjoyed about this episode was Rogers and Henry breaking into Nick’s apartment and Henry stealing the test results so he could show them to Ella. It seems that Henry believes Lucy about the curse now that there’s proof. Rogers also now believes something weird’s going on. I’ve really enjoyed this “some characters are awake, others are suspicious, and a few are clueless” thing this season has going on in regards to the curse. 

      Some confusion: How did Rumple know Alice is the Guardian? Other than the pure heart test and Alice being the first person Rumple saw when he decided to look for the Guardian, what did Rumple know about her that made him think she was the Guardian? What if Rumple tested some random person who also happened to be pure of heart? Does that make them the Guardian? Probably not, but it’s still confusing. On a related note, does Alice have magic because she’s the Guardian or is she the Guardian because she has magic she might have inherited from Gothel and her being pure of heart in contrast to Gothel’s pure evilness make her incorruptible?

      I found it hilarious that Wish Killian referred to OG Killian as his “less-dashing other self.” Like, dude, you look the same. You’re both equally dashing. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Emillian Swanones wrote:

      I found it hilarious that Wish Killian referred to OG Killian as his “less-dashing other self.” Like, dude, you look the same. You’re both equally dashing. 

      IKR? They even wear the same clothes

      I can't believe they couldn't afford a different costume for WHook 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Solid episode. It's cool that they actually still had the Darkness affect

      A solid episode. The only dislike I have is I actually believe that Regina will get the idiot ball and somehow trust Samdi. Regina acts like Rumple wants Henry to die and doesn't think "Oh, hey, Tilly is the Guardian, so she could have the magic to heal Henry just like Anastasia!"

      The Rumple-isms was super cool. Plus, Mr. Gold walking around in crocdile hands is pretty hilarious.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh and Rumple didn’t know who Facilier was. Rumple knows everyone but apparently not him, even if Regina somehow knew him before.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Exciting episode, one of the better ones of the season. 

      Can I just say how incredible Robert Carlyle was in Facilier's cabin? Insane Rumple taking over etc and then with Nook. His scenes were so sad, especially in the end when he seemingly was at a dead end. Belle's voice was a nice surprise. Also spin spin spin spin spin is addictive hahhahaha. 

      I'm just glad they're filling up some pieces like how Rumple got scales again. I realize they weren't expecting to end the series this year and needed more time with some flashbacks to fill in the blanks but they did what they could.

      Alice and Robin were cute both in HH and in flashbacks but okay, I didn't lose my head over them haha. Alice with Rumple though was great. Such a beautiful, innocent character. 

      I'm glad they're using Drew somehow and he's not just a trophy prince hahaha. When he first showed up I thought he'd be another Prince Eric. 

      I'm so intrigued as more and more characters start waking up and finally Rogers sees something is off. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Oh and Rumple didn’t know who Facilier was. Rumple knows everyone but apparently not him, even if Regina somehow knew him before.

      Yeah, that was weird

      Even more because Facilier in present day said something like Rumple was always interfering between Regina and him

      I guess that's something that happened during the 8 years, right?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Probably my favourite ep of 7B (so far). Robert Carlyle's acting was on on point and super-creepy, when he went into the Rumple persona (it's weird to see him Rumple-like without the gold makeup). The Guardian wasn't a shock to anyone. I love the exploration of Regina and Rumple's relationship. I really like Facilier, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be the big bad of the season (he's too disney-fied).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 2 things

      1) Why doesn't Rumple/Gold/Weaver ever mention Gideon? He wants so bad to die that he doesn't think of leaving behind his son? I'm afraid that point will be ignored given that Giles said he is not in the finale.

      2) Was it mentioned anything about WRumple? As in how can the Darkness ever be defeated if it would still live on in WRumple anyway?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lola987 wrote: Probably my favourite ep of 7B (so far). Robert Carlyle's acting was on on point and super-creepy, when he went into the Rumple persona (it's weird to see him Rumple-like without the gold makeup). The Guardian wasn't a shock to anyone. I love the exploration of Regina and Rumple's relationship. I really like Facilier, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be the big bad of the season (he's too disney-fied).

      I was amazed during that scene with the ripped out heart... The subtle drop in his voice as he sounded slightly more impish and everything. Like woah. It was also interesting to see Facilier scared for once when his heart was at stake as in HH, he's always so cool and collected.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote:
      2 things

      1) Why doesn't Rumple/Gold/Weaver ever mention Gideon? He wants so bad to die that he doesn't think of leaving behind his son? I'm afraid that point will be ignored given that Giles said he is not in the finale.

      2) Was it mentioned anything about WRumple? As in how can the Darkness ever be defeated if it would still live on in WRumple anyway?

      He mentioned him at the start with the letter, but I agree with the latter part, since it'd be pretty odd if Gideon was left parentless (although he is a grown adult now). 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, that was pretty damn solid. 

      I have to admit, although the premise of season seven lacked character in Hyperion Heights (the setting, not the episode), I think it's gotten a lot better by now. "Urban city growing sketchier by the hour." Plus, some of the indoor sets are really cool (Samdi's office, the botanical garden in Secret Garden). 

      Robert Carlyle is AMAZING. I can't even put it in words. Although Rumple almost manipulated Alice into becoming a killer, there was still a ton of growth when he decided that he couldn't burden Alice with the power. Alice and Robyn in the flashback was adorable too. Nook too! The setting also felt more magical this time around, with the Coco thing 'n all, plus the snow!

      Margot and Tilley are so adorable. Probably the first time I've felt so happy about a couple since CS in season four or OQ in season three (that might be a lie; I probably thought Zelena and Hades's bike riding sequence was a little cute...and some of Hades prior to him manipulating Zelena).

      Regina telling Rumple off was pretty great too. Especially her pointing out that Henry IS HIS grandson. And when Weaver realized that Alice is still the guardian, he showed very well his new moral crisis (like Henry in season two and three-a). Wondering what she'll do now with Samdi... 

      The Drew & Rogers sequence was pretty sick too. Nice to see that Drew has more character than what I found to be his sort-of flat, "I act cocky but there was a tragedy in my life" in Taste of The Heights.  

      I would have liked to known a bit more about Facilier, but I guess we can figure that he just knew about Rumple and happened to discover him in the Coco thing. Then, after Rumple uses him as the test, Facilier gets motivated even more to take his power because...revenge?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote:
      2 things

      1) Why doesn't Rumple/Gold/Weaver ever mention Gideon? He wants so bad to die that he doesn't think of leaving behind his son? I'm afraid that point will be ignored given that Giles said he is not in the finale.

      2) Was it mentioned anything about WRumple? As in how can the Darkness ever be defeated if it would still live on in WRumple anyway?

      Mr. Gold mentioned Gideon in the first scene of the ep. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Great episode! In my top five of this season. I loved MadArcher, the writers are developing their relationship surprisingly well. I was worried that they would just introduce them in 714 and then abandon their storyline. The plot is also picking up with both Henry and Rogers, who have remained stagnant for most of the season

      The scenes between Rumple and Alice were also highlights. Regina and Rumple towards the end was also good, both Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle are fantastic actors that bring some of the best moments of the show.

      I want to see what is going to happen to Facilier, they’ve built a lot of questions around him and I hope they get answered. His dynamic with Regina is interesting and I want to see how it progresses.

      I typically prefer episodes with a slower pace such as this one, it never felt rushed and it never jumped from scene to scene but transitioned into the next one smoothly. This is one of the few episodes of season 7 were I have enjoyed both the flashbacks and the present-day scenes.

      Four episodes left!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Leroiblanc wrote:
      FrancisPaul wrote:
      2 things

      1) Why doesn't Rumple/Gold/Weaver ever mention Gideon? He wants so bad to die that he doesn't think of leaving behind his son? I'm afraid that point will be ignored given that Giles said he is not in the finale.

      2) Was it mentioned anything about WRumple? As in how can the Darkness ever be defeated if it would still live on in WRumple anyway?

      He mentioned him at the start with the letter, but I agree with the latter part, since it'd be pretty odd if Gideon was left parentless (although he is a grown adult now). 

      Saying Rumple has to stay alive because he has a son is such an unhealthy message. It would be one thing if Gideon was still a child (I still question Snow and Charming's decision to put themselves to sleep, possibly permanently, and abandon their infant son to let their daughter be reunited with her boyfriend), but he isn't. He's an adult and he's expected to be independent. Not to say people aren't allowed to have a relationship with their parents once they turn 18, but would you say "how dare [parent] die of cancer? They left [25-year-old child] all alone!" In this case, Rumple might not have literal cancer, but he has been alive for 3-4 centuries. The average human starts to get tired of life at around 70/80. Furthermore, we now know Rumple will very likely go dark again if he doesn't die soon. Is it better for Gideon to have a father who's a mass-murderer, or to be a self-sufficient orphan? Gideon does not need his father anymore, but Rumple is unhealthy and volatile and deserves to move on.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Loved it! I see there was no real villain here, Facilier was just a test and a red herring, I'm liking the set up for the episode, it's different, also a slower pace and some fun scenes like Alice wondering how the afterlife is, MadArcher scenes and their reverted roles, plus Rogers investigating the craziness of the city and Henry finding out the truth. Obviously Rumple was great but some of his decisions... I dunno, it's the only magic that can save your grandson and you take it like that, he is still a very gray character. I missed Sabine and Lucy in this ep.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • As I say, Gideon understands what his father wants to do and was ready to take his burden. It’s clear that they still talk and stuff and he’s ready to let his parents go no matter how sad.

      I also think that Regina overreacted a bit towards Rumple. It’s understandable, but I really hope this isn’t to make her “run into Samdi’s arms” as he’s obviously evil. I mean Rumple might make mistakes but Samdi does them with glee. They didn’t really say anything about magic though and he legit teleported Weaver out.

      I wanted to be a little critical of Margot and Tilly. Some praise but I feel that they probably should have a little more Robin. I feel that Margot is a bit eccentric which kinda clashes with Tilly’s eccentric behavior. I guess it’s a nice beautiful relationship but I would have liked to have a little obstacle in their path to add a bit to it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Agree, a very solid episode.

      Flashback especially was great. I loved Rumple's transition back to the crocodile again. Robert was simply outstanding. Alice's test was an amazing scene, also very well made. Alice is such a wonderful character. Plus, loved the Coco easter eggs!

      In present day, loved as always Tilly and Margot's scenes, they're so cute. Another impressive scene was the one between Roni and Weaver at the end. Still on the fence about Facilier, I like him as a villain but I wanna know more of his past with Regina. Finally Henry is starting to believe btw!

      Grade is 8.5

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • One thing I've always thought was weirdly unnecessary about this whole guardian situation is that the person Rumple ultimately needed to find....is the product of a doubled wish character in an alternate universe that the Split Evil Queen created in 6x10. 

      Like the implication is that there wouldn't have been someone in Rumple's own original universe that would've worked for him and I really don't think that should've been the case. I know the writers likely never thought that deeply about how the WR being the ultimate key to Rumple's happiness, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the contrivance. Idk if I'm making a lot of sense here but yeah....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote: One thing I've always thought was weirdly unnecessary about this whole guardian situation is that the person Rumple ultimately needed to find....Idk if I'm making a lot of sense here but yeah....

      We all know that the writers made this up this season. They always do a lot of things on a season by season basis.

      Under a technical sense, the Guardian is just a special light mage.

      We got three classes of light mages:

      Natural Light mage—Their magic easily get corrupted by the darkness in their heart. See every dark mage.

      Savior-Their magic stays light regardless and as a response to a great evil.

      Guardian—They absorb dark magic and cannot be corrupted easily lest they lose their magic.

      So, technically, there could be a Guardian from FTL and the old worlds but there are a whole lot of dark mages and a lot of mages in general. Rumple probably knows a bunch of them.

      It’s just a convenient thing for the storytelling.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote: 2) Was it mentioned anything about WRumple? As in how can the Darkness ever be defeated if it would still live on in WRumple anyway?

      Hopefully they will have time to address it the way it deserves, in Rumple's own words, he "do[es]n't do loose ends."

      But thinking about Alice for a second (if she does turn out to be the Guardian and not another red herring), that's A LOT of darkness she will be containing. Rumple absorbed the combined powers of every DO in history in 5x11. Instead of the same quantity of power being passed down (i.e. each DO has the identical "Power Level 100") he's like a nuclear DO (Power Level 1000+).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Now that we saw how darkness will rest I have a question: can a saviour be a guardian???

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Black darkness curse wrote: Now that we saw how darkness will rest I have a question: can a saviour be a guardian???

      No. Different types of light magic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still think they're heading towards Henry being the guardian.  Rumple said in this episode that he'd have to find another guardian since he didn't want Alice to be burdened with immortality and whats one thing that could save Henry right now but immortality.  The guardian is one of pure heart and wouldn't Henry who is the "truest believer" fit that mold?   The prophecy always said that Henry would be the undoing of the Dark One.  It all fits IMO.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DSP88 wrote:
      I still think they're heading towards Henry being the guardian.  Rumple said in this episode that he'd have to find another guardian since he didn't want Alice to be burdened with immortality and whats one thing that could save Henry right now but immortality.  The guardian is one of pure heart and wouldn't Henry who is the "truest believer" fit that mold?   The prophecy always said that Henry would be the undoing of the Dark One.  It all fits IMO.  

      That prphecy was over in season 3, like my gosh, the writers have said that five times over.

      Henry has no magic and has too many things going on right now and making Henry immortal is worse than doing that to Alice as Rumple has done enough bad things toward Henry.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DSP88 wrote:
      I still think they're heading towards Henry being the guardian.  Rumple said in this episode that he'd have to find another guardian since he didn't want Alice to be burdened with immortality and whats one thing that could save Henry right now but immortality.  The guardian is one of pure heart and wouldn't Henry who is the "truest believer" fit that mold?   The prophecy always said that Henry would be the undoing of the Dark One.  It all fits IMO.  

      Come on. The Dagger was calling for Tilly. She's the Guardian, that's pretty obvious at the time. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!

      It's a financial reason, not one about narrative importance.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!

      They promoted her because she was also doing Chicago Med.... They believed that they were getting a season 8, so they wanted Mekia to be around...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Matheus1234zx wrote:
      BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!
      They promoted her because she was also doing Chicago Med.... They believed that they were getting a season 8, so they wanted Mekia to be around...

      Not because of season 8, but because of season 7. This way, Mekia would have to prioritize her filmings in OUAT because she's a series regular, while in Chicago Med she's recurring. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the episode sort of shows the better presentation o the new and the old characters a lot better as well as getting past the garbage (because with so many people awake, it was getting ridiculous, plus the Dark Curse is a pretty lazy curse anyhow).

      I’m just crushed that the writers haven’t explained Samdi at all. I know that after 7 years I shouldn’t think too much of them but I feel that they actually do try sometimes. I’m all about the magic and mythos, etc. but:

      ...they didn’t explain a thing about Samdi. Why does he have hand-wavey magic in HH? Am I suppose to assume that he kept some dust and that somehow means he can use handwavey magic? (Actually, that’s my headcanon anyway that eloise used the RA and Samdi used the ash to give themselves access to their base magic.)

      What about Facilier? Samdi is “crazy powerful” apparently. Rumple doesn’t know him, yet Regina does. Neither Regina nor Zelena take him to be that serious of a threat, but that could be ego. He can listen to the dead...somehow. Uses voodoo and stuff...somehow. I’m guessing that he just has basic skills like teleporting and the rest is voodoo because he really seems to be very dependent on items and knows a lot (Omniscient villain).

      Like where does his arc go? Bringing it around from questions to general thought, we’ve seen his dark heart and we’ve seen the dagger. I doubt they really are going to have both Eloise and Samdi go after the dagger once more. What’s left for Samdi? Maybe saving Henry’s life while his friends drag him to the other side?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!
      They promoted her because she was also doing Chicago Med.... They believed that they were getting a season 8, so they wanted Mekia to be around...
      Not because of season 8, but because of season 7. This way, Mekia would have to prioritize her filmings in OUAT because she's a series regular, while in Chicago Med she's recurring. 

      Still doesn't change the fact that she's barely appearing through the season, so she doesn't have many filmings to prioritize

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • BreRaffa wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!
      They promoted her because she was also doing Chicago Med.... They believed that they were getting a season 8, so they wanted Mekia to be around...
      Not because of season 8, but because of season 7. This way, Mekia would have to prioritize her filmings in OUAT because she's a series regular, while in Chicago Med she's recurring. 
      Still doesn't change the fact that she's barely appearing through the season, so she doesn't have many filmings to prioritize

      Just like Esk said, it's a financial reason. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      BreRaffa wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Matheus1234zx wrote:
      BreRaffa wrote:
      I still don't know why they promoted Mekia Cox (Tiana/Sabine) to the Main Cast, for then she doesn't appear in many episodes (since the return of the show in March, this is the fourth time she doesn't appear)!
      They promoted her because she was also doing Chicago Med.... They believed that they were getting a season 8, so they wanted Mekia to be around...
      Not because of season 8, but because of season 7. This way, Mekia would have to prioritize her filmings in OUAT because she's a series regular, while in Chicago Med she's recurring. 
      Still doesn't change the fact that she's barely appearing through the season, so she doesn't have many filmings to prioritize
      Just like Esk said, it's a financial reason. 

      If they hadn't paid her series regular salary, she might have appeared even less.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Decent episode. Alice is the Guardian, of course. Coco references were cute. I have a theory about the backwards watch and New Wonderland's timeline, but I'll share that later in it's own thread.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      I think the episode sort of shows the better presentation o the new and the old characters a lot better as well as getting past the garbage (because with so many people awake, it was getting ridiculous, plus the Dark Curse is a pretty lazy curse anyhow).

      I’m just crushed that the writers haven’t explained Samdi at all. I know that after 7 years I shouldn’t think too much of them but I feel that they actually do try sometimes. I’m all about the magic and mythos, etc. but:

      ...they didn’t explain a thing about Samdi. Why does he have hand-wavey magic in HH? Am I suppose to assume that he kept some dust and that somehow means he can use handwavey magic? (Actually, that’s my headcanon anyway that eloise used the RA and Samdi used the ash to give themselves access to their base magic.)

      What about Facilier? Samdi is “crazy powerful” apparently. Rumple doesn’t know him, yet Regina does. Neither Regina nor Zelena take him to be that serious of a threat, but that could be ego. He can listen to the dead...somehow. Uses voodoo and stuff...somehow. I’m guessing that he just has basic skills like teleporting and the rest is voodoo because he really seems to be very dependent on items and knows a lot (Omniscient villain).

      Like where does his arc go? Bringing it around from questions to general thought, we’ve seen his dark heart and we’ve seen the dagger. I doubt they really are going to have both Eloise and Samdi go after the dagger once more. What’s left for Samdi? Maybe saving Henry’s life while his friends drag him to the other side?

      I feel like Samdi was going to get a big flashback episode next season, (explaining his origins, relationship with Regina, motivations, why he wants the dagger, how he is half-dead, and how he maintained magic and memories in HH)

      Other stories I feel got the short end of the cancellation stick:

      1) Henry's first days/adventures in the NEF (as Jared Gilmore)


      2) Alice's adventures in Wonderland (and Other Places!), (with Alice, Rumple, Cecelia, Marcus, Jabberwocky)


      3) Tiana leading resistance against Tremaine, while also striking a deal with Tremaine and working with her against Drizella.


      4) Ella/Jacinda flashback showing how Tremaine treated her, Fairy Godmother, how the Prince killed her father, etc


      5) Where Robin and Zelena were which aged Robin up to 18 before "Secret Garden" ​​​​​

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Like where does his arc go? Bringing it around from questions to general thought, we’ve seen his dark heart and we’ve seen the dagger. I doubt they really are going to have both Eloise and Samdi go after the dagger once more. What’s left for Samdi? Maybe saving Henry’s life while his friends drag him to the other side?

      Yeah, they've set up quite a few things here and there for Facilier/Samdi and I'm not sure if they're going to really follow up on much of it. There's Tiana's Ruby, Haveen's brother's necklace, what his goal is with the dagger, the Facilier/Regina relationship. He seems more relevant than Gothel at this point. They would've been better off not doing the "Nick the serial killer" side arc and showing more of Facilier and Gothel instead. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:

      Like where does his arc go? Bringing it around from questions to general thought, we’ve seen his dark heart and we’ve seen the dagger. I doubt they really are going to have both Eloise and Samdi go after the dagger once more. What’s left for Samdi? Maybe saving Henry’s life while his friends drag him to the other side?

      Yeah, they've set up quite a few things here and there for Facilier/Samdi and I'm not sure if they're going to really follow up on much of it. There's Tiana's Ruby, Haveen's brother's necklace, what his goal is with the dagger, the Facilier/Regina relationship. He seems more relevant than Gothel at this point. They would've been better off not doing the "Nick the serial killer" side arc and showing more of Facilier and Gothel instead. 

      Yep. It’s like 7B is mini-arc central.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.