FANDOM


  • I posted this in another thread but it got deleted so I figured I posted it in the wrong section so I figured I'd try it here. Anyways, I keep reading theories and theorizing on my own that Lana and Jen aren't the closest. I mean we rarely see them socialize off set and they have never done a panel together before like a Swan Queen panel and they're apparently not following each other on Instagram but oddly enough, they are following each other on Twitter so I don't know if they're not aware of each other's Instagrams or something? Seems odd they wouldn't be aware. Another thing I've noticed and other people have noticed is that there was a point or two during the 2016 comic con where Lana was talking and Jen looked uncomfortable like she didn't like what Lana was saying. Honestly, I feel like Regina and Emma are closer friends then Lana and Jen are and Regina and Emma used to hate each other and try to kill each other! I know Jen and Lana have posed together in pictures but that was a rare blessing. People have said their rare interaction is because they wanna avoid the Swan Queen bullying which I can understand. Another thing someone has said is that Jen is more introverted and Lana is more extroverted which I guess explains why Jen is closer with Colin since he's also kinda introverted and Lana is closer with Rebecca Mader cause she's more outgoing like Lana. Though Jen has interacted with other cast members who are more extroverted. Also Lana and Colin seem kinda close since they have done a panel together before and have interacted on social media. I know this shouldn't be a big deal but it just kinda saddens me to think of two wonderful ladies who aren't as close as I feel they should be.


    Side note:If I again put this in the wrong section, please tell me where I can put this.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yup, they don’t like each other. I mean, they don’t hate each other, but there is definitely something between them.

      I’ve heard rumors about Lana sharing a video with Amaury Nolasco who was Jen’s ex boyfriend and who treated Jen awfully (at least that’s what CS fans say). And that was after Jen and Amury broke up. So maybe that’s the beginning of it.

      Another reason I’m thinking is that Jen is very shipper and a lot like CS fans. And she ships CS. So she doesn’t like SQ shippers that much, contrary to Lana who ships everything according to herself. She is probably uncomfortable when there’s a SQ conversation is going on.

      We’ll probably never know the answer, but it’s safe to say that they are just set friends and nothing more.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm not sure what the question is here. Jen and Lana were coworkers, and they did what they needed to. They don't have to be best friends or something. Some people click and some people don't. Maybe Jen and Lana just don't click. I don't think there is any major problem between them though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's pretty common for actors who portray "enemies" (even if said characters later become friends) to have rumors that they hate each other. Just like there are always rumors that best friend characters' actors are friends irl. Usually has no basis in fact, just some weird assumption a lot of fans make.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think there’s no way to do anything but speculate and make judgements off of subjective “between the lines” stuff about people’s lives.

      We shouldn’t go out our way to investigate their lives and if they do/don’t like each other.

      I’ve seen it elsewhere it it usually devolves into no facts, shipping wars, etc. The actresses are different from the characters they play. It’s best to respect their privacy and if they just don’t overtly show how they feel about one another, especially since we are only a limited part of their lives outside the Big Screen and stuff.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I always just got the impression that they were never that close. Co-workers, they had a few laughs on set, but nothing more. Jen seems a lot closer with Colin, Rose, Ginny, Josh and Lana with Bex and Victoria. It's not that deep.

      I disagree that Jen "doesn't like" SQ shippers, but she simply did not wish to pander to them like Lana did (no offense to Lana, I doubt she had bad intentions, but she did come off as pandering and bordering on queerbaiting). She wanted to talk about the show and only the show whereas Lana was more open to discussing fan theories.

      Also re: panels, apparently Lana's agent said that due to the amount of bullying Jen and the organisers recieved over FT3, Jen decided not to do appearances with Lana. Which sucks massively.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:

      (no offense to Lana, I doubt she had bad intentions, but she did come off as pandering and bordering on queerbaiting).

      That's not "bordering on queerbating" just because you allow fans to publicly and openly discussed about their same-sex ships in your presence, and to tell them to always keep hope about them.

      But yeah, not a secret that Lana & JMO are just seeing each other as co-workers. Not all co-workers must be super close to the other. Pretty sure they do enjoy working the other, but that's all. And they don't need to be closer if they don't want to ^^

      It is up to them, their problem and none of our concern ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Aine1989 wrote:

      (no offense to Lana, I doubt she had bad intentions, but she did come off as pandering and bordering on queerbaiting).

      That's not "bordering on queerbating" just because you allow fans to publicly and openly discussed about their same-sex ships in your presence, and to tell them to always keep hope about them.

      But yeah, not a secret that Lana & JMO are just seeing each other as co-workers. Not all co-workers must be super close to the other. Pretty sure they do enjoy working the other, but that's all. And they don't need to be closer if they don't want to ^^

      It is up to them, their problem and none of our concern ^^

      No, but when one fanon ship gets just as much attention from the actress as the canon ships, people will obviously think something is up. Telling fanon shippers to keep hope about their same-sex ship being canon is queerbaiting. As well as using phrases like "acts of love". Again, I doubt this was her intention, but that is how it came across.

      Which imo is why people think Jen hates SQ, because she preferred not to pander to SQ fans. And why people thought there was beef between them

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:

      Aine1989 wrote:

      (no offense to Lana, I doubt she had bad intentions, but she did come off as pandering and bordering on queerbaiting).

      That's not "bordering on queerbating" just because you allow fans to publicly and openly discussed about their same-sex ships in your presence, and to tell them to always keep hope about them.
      But yeah, not a secret that Lana & JMO are just seeing each other as co-workers. Not all co-workers must be super close to the other. Pretty sure they do enjoy working the other, but that's all. And they don't need to be closer if they don't want to ^^

      It is up to them, their problem and none of our concern ^^

      No, but when one fanon ship gets just as much attention from the actress as the canon ships, people will obviously think something is up. Telling fanon shippers to keep hope about their same-sex ship being canon is queerbaiting. As well as using phrases like "acts of love". Again, I doubt this was her intention, but that is how it came across.

      Which imo is why people think Jen hates SQ, because she preferred not to pander to SQ fans. And why people thought there was beef between them

      I really doubt Jen hates SQ. I don't follow stuff on Twitter anymore, but there was that incident a while back when Michael Coleman (Happy) tweeted something inflammatory about SQ and it really upset a lot of fans, but Jen herself also tweeted something. I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something along the lines of not being mean and letting people ship what they want.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:

      Aine1989 wrote:

      (no offense to Lana, I doubt she had bad intentions, but she did come off as pandering and bordering on queerbaiting).

      That's not "bordering on queerbating" just because you allow fans to publicly and openly discussed about their same-sex ships in your presence, and to tell them to always keep hope about them.
      But yeah, not a secret that Lana & JMO are just seeing each other as co-workers. Not all co-workers must be super close to the other. Pretty sure they do enjoy working the other, but that's all. And they don't need to be closer if they don't want to ^^

      It is up to them, their problem and none of our concern ^^

      No, but when one fanon ship gets just as much attention from the actress as the canon ships, people will obviously think something is up. Telling fanon shippers to keep hope about their same-sex ship being canon is queerbaiting. As well as using phrases like "acts of love". Again, I doubt this was her intention, but that is how it came across.

      Which imo is why people think Jen hates SQ, because she preferred not to pander to SQ fans. And why people thought there was beef between them

      I really doubt Jen hates SQ. I don't follow stuff on Twitter anymore, but there was that incident a while back when Michael Coleman (Happy) tweeted something inflammatory about SQ and it really upset a lot of fans, but Jen herself also tweeted something. I can't remember exactly what she said but it was something along the lines of not being mean and letting people ship what they want.

      She said she loves every ship surrounding Emma, including SwanFire, CS and SQ. But that was way before lots of stuff happened. Around S3 if I remember correctly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Didn’t JMo and Lana take a picture together, both wearing customized Swan Queen sweaters? I don’t think Jen hated SQ.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TheRose123 wrote:
      Didn’t JMo and Lana take a picture together, both wearing customized Swan Queen sweaters? I don’t think Jen hated SQ.

      Yes, but there were also rumors about that, but I don't want to get into them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Jen and Lana are two successful women who happen to be leads in the same show and live in a society that pits all successful women against each other. That's the bulk of it. Jen has never really been particularly sociable and has had a very toxic relationship with fandom in the past (particularly during House). She has professional boundaries. The truth is, Jen is barely close to anyone on set aside from maybe Colin, but even that's questionable since it's most likely PR.

      In the end, this whole "Lana and JMo have a feud" is all about sexism and fandom politics, with very little basis in factual reality.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen and Lana are two successful women who happen to be leads in the same show and live in a society that pits all successful women against each other. That's the bulk of it. Jen has never really been particularly sociable and has had a very toxic relationship with fandom in the past (particularly during House). She has professional boundaries. The truth is, Jen is barely close to anyone on set aside from maybe Colin, but even that's questionable since it's most likely PR.

      In the end, this whole "Lana and JMo have a feud" is all about sexism and fandom politics, with very little basis in factual reality.

      Your making it sound like Jen has no friends. From what I understand Jen and Ginny were friends from before they even started filming Once.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen and Lana are two successful women who happen to be leads in the same show and live in a society that pits all successful women against each other. That's the bulk of it. Jen has never really been particularly sociable and has had a very toxic relationship with fandom in the past (particularly during House). She has professional boundaries. The truth is, Jen is barely close to anyone on set aside from maybe Colin, but even that's questionable since it's most likely PR.

      In the end, this whole "Lana and JMo have a feud" is all about sexism and fandom politics, with very little basis in factual reality.

      Your making it sound like Jen has no friends. From what I understand Jen and Ginny were friends from before they even started filming Once.


      That's not what she is saying, but it is true that JMO had a reputation of not being the warmest one, since House.

      That's not a bad thing, she just likes her privacy and keep things profesionnal. We can't blame her for that ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • a part of the issue is that fans have this expectation that stars HAVE to share their personal lives with us. And when they don't, they're called "cold" and "unfriendly". Assumptions run wild.

      Back around S2 there was a vicious rumor that Eion Bailey was "fired" because he was "difficult". It all started with a certain fan photographer bashing him on Twitter because Eion didn't stop to give him an autograph between takes.

      You can't believe everything you read.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      a part of the issue is that fans have this expectation that stars HAVE to share their personal lives with us. And when they don't, they're called "cold" and "unfriendly". Assumptions run wild.

      Back around S2 there was a vicious rumor that Eion Bailey was "fired" because he was "difficult". It all started with a certain fan photographer bashing him on Twitter because Eion didn't stop to give him an autograph between takes.

      You can't believe everything you read.


      Yup. Same happened with Sean.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I wanted to take the time to share that my intention wasn't to for lack of a better term get into Lana's and Jen's personal lives which I feel some of you guys got that impression and I'm sorry if I made it out that way. I understand actors have rights to their privacy and we shouldn't interfere with that. My intention was to simply clear the air about what I've been hearing and sometimes noticing about Lana and Jen. I love them both a lot and I do not want to talk negatively about them or interfere with their personal lives. I just look at those two especially Lana and just can't imagine anyone not getting along with them or having a fun time when they're around. Again especially Lana cause she has such an upbeat and fun personality and she always looks like she's having the time of her life and making the environment around her a fun place. I'm an introverted person myself and I know I would be having the time of my life if I got to hang out with Lana! I just feel like she's the type of person who can make friends wherever she goes! Also, I understand that actors often have a simple work only relationship but I just often imagined that applying to the more serious less upbeat actors. Not necessarily boring actors but less perky.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I mean there is always the theory that they are secretly dating and their PR teams are forcing them to act like they don't like each other so their homophobic fans don't leave them XD Or that Jen is in the closet and avoids Lana because she loves her but doesn't want to face the fact that she is gay.

      (i want to make it clear that while this is a theory from a tiny, tiny, tiny, minute fraction of the fandom, this is not me saying i believe it, just poking fun)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Say what??

      ....

      A while ago there was a blind item in a gossip site saying that a female main from a TV show wasn't happy at all because one of the co-stars was like "stealing" the show from her. Like the show was becoming all about the co-star A lot of people speculated the show was OUaT and that JMo wasn't happy because the show was becoming Once Upon a Regina.

      I dont know if this is true but the show is clearly becomimg Regina-loaded. I mean, at the end of season 6 there were 3 Reginas (lol)

      Also, there are rumors JMo wasn't happy with A&E because the direction the show was going. Like season 5 was supposed to be Emma's season as the Dark One. And JMo was super excited to play evil Emma. But they took the plot and gave it to Colin. In fact, the whole season 5 was about Hook. Then season 6 was supposed to be Emma's arc as the saviour but they gave it to Rumple and Regina. I mean, at the end it wasn't even Emma who defeated the BF.

      So, yeah there is definitely something going on, but it's something more like professional rather than personal. But weird stuff has happened, and that's a fact. A while ago JMo re-posted an old pic with some of the cast and she cut Lana out of the picture

        Preparing Editor Spell
    •  "In fact, the whole season 5 was about Hook." No it was not. 5A was about Emma (which featured her relationship with Hook) and 5B was about Regina. And I can back this up with objective screentime data. Emma got way more focus and developmetn in season 5 than Hook did. 

      re: cutting Lana out of the pic, I think people are just reading way too much into it. She also cut out Colin, Jared and Bobby. Most likely she just wanted a close up of her and the writers.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Say what??

      ....

      A while ago there was a blind item in a gossip site saying that a female main from a TV show wasn't happy at all because one of the co-stars was like "stealing" the show from her. Like the show was becoming all about the co-star A lot of people speculated the show was OUaT and that JMo wasn't happy because the show was becoming Once Upon a Regina.

      I dont know if this is true but the show is clearly becomimg Regina-loaded. I mean, at the end of season 6 there were 3 Reginas (lol)

      Also, there are rumors JMo wasn't happy with A&E because the direction the show was going. Like season 5 was supposed to be Emma's season as the Dark One. And JMo was super excited to play evil Emma. But they took the plot and gave it to Colin. In fact, the whole season 5 was about Hook. Then season 6 was supposed to be Emma's arc as the saviour but they gave it to Rumple and Regina. I mean, at the end it wasn't even Emma who defeated the BF.

      So, yeah there is definitely something going on, but it's something more like professional rather than personal. But weird stuff has happened, and that's a fact. A while ago JMo re-posted an old pic with some of the cast and she cut Lana out of the picture


      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm at a loss for where anybody gets this information on what the actors think or want lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Where in the world did you get this from?! Jen has been a #1 proponent of A&E's vision - she has said so every time she's asked about what influence she might have on a storyline/scene. I have never heard of any drama between her and A&E, especially over "creative control." And fighting between her and the production crew? To spread all this is utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Say what??

      ....

      A while ago there was a blind item in a gossip site saying that a female main from a TV show wasn't happy at all because one of the co-stars was like "stealing" the show from her. Like the show was becoming all about the co-star A lot of people speculated the show was OUaT and that JMo wasn't happy because the show was becoming Once Upon a Regina.

      I dont know if this is true but the show is clearly becomimg Regina-loaded. I mean, at the end of season 6 there were 3 Reginas (lol)

      Also, there are rumors JMo wasn't happy with A&E because the direction the show was going. Like season 5 was supposed to be Emma's season as the Dark One. And JMo was super excited to play evil Emma. But they took the plot and gave it to Colin. In fact, the whole season 5 was about Hook. Then season 6 was supposed to be Emma's arc as the saviour but they gave it to Rumple and Regina. I mean, at the end it wasn't even Emma who defeated the BF.

      So, yeah there is definitely something going on, but it's something more like professional rather than personal. But weird stuff has happened, and that's a fact. A while ago JMo re-posted an old pic with some of the cast and she cut Lana out of the picture


      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.


      Excuse me cos I have no other word... Like really. But that's completely bullshit x)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Beekee404 wrote: I wanted to take the time to share that my intention wasn't to for lack of a better term get into Lana's and Jen's personal lives which I feel some of you guys got that impression and I'm sorry if I made it out that way. I understand actors have rights to their privacy and we shouldn't interfere with that. My intention was to simply clear the air about what I've been hearing and sometimes noticing about Lana and Jen. I love them both a lot and I do not want to talk negatively about them or interfere with their personal lives. I just look at those two especially Lana and just can't imagine anyone not getting along with them or having a fun time when they're around. Again especially Lana cause she has such an upbeat and fun personality and she always looks like she's having the time of her life and making the environment around her a fun place. I'm an introverted person myself and I know I would be having the time of my life if I got to hang out with Lana! I just feel like she's the type of person who can make friends wherever she goes! Also, I understand that actors often have a simple work only relationship but I just often imagined that applying to the more serious less upbeat actors. Not necessarily boring actors but less perky.

      You say you don't want to get into their personal lives... and then immediately start speculating on their personal lives XD

      A lot of fans do it and don't realize they're doing it. They expect and assume, and when they see something that doesn't fit their assumptions, they start assuming new things. Then rumors happen, and they become less and less based on reality and evidence.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Where in the world did you get this from?! Jen has been a #1 proponent of A&E's vision - she has said so every time she's asked about what influence she might have on a storyline/scene. I have never heard of any drama between her and A&E, especially over "creative control." And fighting between her and the production crew? To spread all this is utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.

      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Say what??

      ....

      A while ago there was a blind item in a gossip site saying that a female main from a TV show wasn't happy at all because one of the co-stars was like "stealing" the show from her. Like the show was becoming all about the co-star A lot of people speculated the show was OUaT and that JMo wasn't happy because the show was becoming Once Upon a Regina.

      I dont know if this is true but the show is clearly becomimg Regina-loaded. I mean, at the end of season 6 there were 3 Reginas (lol)

      Also, there are rumors JMo wasn't happy with A&E because the direction the show was going. Like season 5 was supposed to be Emma's season as the Dark One. And JMo was super excited to play evil Emma. But they took the plot and gave it to Colin. In fact, the whole season 5 was about Hook. Then season 6 was supposed to be Emma's arc as the saviour but they gave it to Rumple and Regina. I mean, at the end it wasn't even Emma who defeated the BF.

      So, yeah there is definitely something going on, but it's something more like professional rather than personal. But weird stuff has happened, and that's a fact. A while ago JMo re-posted an old pic with some of the cast and she cut Lana out of the picture


      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Excuse me cos I have no other word... Like really. But that's completely bullshit x)

      No. I believe you missed most of the wedding dress drama last year.
      But alas, this isn't the place to talk about this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:

      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.

      It was mentioned multiple times that it was a collaborative effort, from both Jen and Eduardo. Giving an actress an opinion on a wedding dress doesn't mean that she "overstepped" or that it must have signified drama elsewhere. Not to mention Eduardo has said himself multiple times that he didn't like designing wedding dresses.

      You have other actors who have openly talked about going to A&E to change something in the story and Jen, not being one of them, is apparently the overstepper?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I want to live in my own fairy tale and believe that all the cast likes being together like it happens in conventions and youtube videos. lol

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I want to live in my own fairy tale and believe that all the cast likes being together like it happens in conventions and youtube videos. lol

      Same xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:

      Beekee404 wrote: I wanted to take the time to share that my intention wasn't to for lack of a better term get into Lana's and Jen's personal lives which I feel some of you guys got that impression and I'm sorry if I made it out that way. I understand actors have rights to their privacy and we shouldn't interfere with that. My intention was to simply clear the air about what I've been hearing and sometimes noticing about Lana and Jen. I love them both a lot and I do not want to talk negatively about them or interfere with their personal lives. I just look at those two especially Lana and just can't imagine anyone not getting along with them or having a fun time when they're around. Again especially Lana cause she has such an upbeat and fun personality and she always looks like she's having the time of her life and making the environment around her a fun place. I'm an introverted person myself and I know I would be having the time of my life if I got to hang out with Lana! I just feel like she's the type of person who can make friends wherever she goes! Also, I understand that actors often have a simple work only relationship but I just often imagined that applying to the more serious less upbeat actors. Not necessarily boring actors but less perky.

      You say you don't want to get into their personal lives... and then immediately start speculating on their personal lives XD A lot of fans do it and don't realize they're doing it. They expect and assume, and when they see something that doesn't fit their assumptions, they start assuming new things. Then rumors happen, and they become less and less based on reality and evidence.

      Well, it's not like I'm asking that we go and berate Lana and Jen with questions about why they don't interact. I'm not interested in interfering that far. I mean is it wrong to simply want to understand why I keep hearing these things about them or if what I sometimes notice is true or not?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Where in the world did you get this from?! Jen has been a #1 proponent of A&E's vision - she has said so every time she's asked about what influence she might have on a storyline/scene. I have never heard of any drama between her and A&E, especially over "creative control." And fighting between her and the production crew? To spread all this is utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.
      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.

      But costuming is an area where actors will give more input many times, as that is something they phsically have to wear on their body. I suppose you think Elizabeth Mitchell overstepped as well, by deciding Ingrid wouldn't wear shoes much.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      DracoWombat wrote:

      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.

      It was mentioned multiple times that it was a collaborative effort, from both Jen and Eduardo. Giving an actress an opinion on a wedding dress doesn't mean that she "overstepped" or that it must have signified drama elsewhere. Not to mention Eduardo has said himself multiple times that he didn't like designing wedding dresses.

      You have other actors who have openly talked about going to A&E to change something in the story and Jen, not being one of them, is apparently the overstepper?


      This isn't what this is about. You weren't keeping track of dress drama, which is okay, but Eduardo subtly called out JMo several times. I'm not going to expand about it here, if you care to know either create another thread or look it up on Tumblr.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Beekee404 wrote:

      Well, it's not like I'm asking that we go and berate Lana and Jen with questions about why they don't interact. I'm not interested in interfering that far. I mean is it wrong to simply want to understand why I keep hearing these things about them or if what I sometimes notice is true or not?

      Didn't say anything was "wrong", just pointing it out :) As I said, a lot of fans don't realize when they're diving waaay into a stranger's personal life. Not saying you're doing that, but it definitely happens.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Where in the world did you get this from?! Jen has been a #1 proponent of A&E's vision - she has said so every time she's asked about what influence she might have on a storyline/scene. I have never heard of any drama between her and A&E, especially over "creative control." And fighting between her and the production crew? To spread all this is utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.
      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.
      But costuming is an area where actors will give more input many times, as that is something they phsically have to wear on their body. I suppose you think Elizabeth Mitchell overstepped as well, by deciding Ingrid wouldn't wear shoes much.

      It's not that simple. Jen's choices for the wedding dress were unfortunate for many, many reasons. And Eduardo let it clear in the language of crew that Jen had them backed into a corner. This is the last I'll be speaking on the matter since this isn't what this thread is about.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      DracoWombat wrote:
      Jen was fighting with A&E and the production crew for quite a long time. She feels entitled to creative control, something that's rarely awarded to actors and even rarer in shows with ensemble casts and multiple leads. But this is between JMo and A&E, not the actors.

      Where in the world did you get this from?! Jen has been a #1 proponent of A&E's vision - she has said so every time she's asked about what influence she might have on a storyline/scene. I have never heard of any drama between her and A&E, especially over "creative control." And fighting between her and the production crew? To spread all this is utterly ridiculous and completely unfounded.
      It started in season six. If you keep track of Eduardo's comments about the wedding dress and know a little bit about how television costume departments work, it's clear he's been hinting at the fact that Jen overstepped and the wedding dress was her idea primarily. Creative control sin't just about the storyline, it's also about things like costuming.
      But costuming is an area where actors will give more input many times, as that is something they phsically have to wear on their body. I suppose you think Elizabeth Mitchell overstepped as well, by deciding Ingrid wouldn't wear shoes much.
      It's not that simple. Jen's choices for the wedding dress were unfortunate for many, many reasons. And Eduardo let it clear in the language of crew that Jen had them backed into a corner. This is the last I'll be speaking on the matter since this isn't what this thread is about.

      Now I'm interested though, so would you please start a thread about the dress drama. I'd really like to see more about these claims.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I want to live in my own fairy tale and believe that all the cast likes being together like it happens in conventions and youtube videos. lol

      I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably what does happen, generally. There is no obvious bad blood between the cast, there are some strong friendships. And some who are simply work friends, like Jen and Lana.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The dress thign is literally the perfect example of how this fandom has 0 concept of this magical thing known as "the middle ground"

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think there is something wrong with each other. I do not think they hate each other, but there was something. in the first season we saw the attraction between the two.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I want to live in my own fairy tale and believe that all the cast likes being together like it happens in conventions and youtube videos. lol
      I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably what does happen, generally. There is no obvious bad blood between the cast, there are some strong friendships. And some who are simply work friends, like Jen and Lana.

      Yes. People in the fandom have been trying to act like there's thie feud but that's explicitly created by fandom politics. The actresses are coworkers who get along just fine.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.