FANDOM


  • The news is out! It seems like Drizella/Ivy's exit will happen in 715 or 716.

    Adelaide confirmed she finishes filming for OUAT in January, in an interview for NKD magazine.

    https://twitter.com/KaneSource/status/947842253275500545

    https://twitter.com/KaneSource/status/947843217961226242

    They're back in Vancouver tomorrow (January 2nd) to start filming 7x15. By the end of the month, they'll be on 7x16. So, she'll be out a few episodes after Gabrielle's exit (in ep 11 or 12).

    How do you think her ending will happen? Personally, I see her redeeming herself, trying to save Ana from Gothel ^^

    EDIT: Apparently, her last ep could also be 717 as they'll start it in January ^^

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

      -Darth Vader

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Frankly, I'm not surprised. Thought she would go before her Mum, but Drizella did have long term potential (if Once actually has another potential season).

      It depends when Anwar exits because I don't think they would do death every other week.

      Anwar gets redemption through death (or very abrupt), Kane goes out with a blaze of fury (redemption through death). I don't see both getting redemptive deaths.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Carlyle will exit, Mader will exit (presumably), Kane will exit, Anwar will exit. (In reverse order).

      Even if Season 8 is a thing, I expect Colin to exit too. 

      Not the place to talk about that ;) Here, it is only about Adelaide's exit :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Carlyle will exit, Mader will exit (presumably), Kane will exit, Anwar will exit. (In reverse order).

      Even if Season 8 is a thing, I expect Colin to exit too. 

      Not the place to talk about that ;) Here, it is only about Adelaide's exit :)

      "Oops!" XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, I knew she'd have to be out at some point, since they didn't make her staring. Honestly, I'm surprised at how many episodes she did get, without getting a staring credit. 14 - 16 episodes is a ton out of a 22 episode season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Apparently, they may start 717 in January too, so Adelaide could also leave in this ep ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Interesting, I'm guessing Drizella's death is sacrificial and redeems her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, this at least proves they are willing to make risks with the storyline? If Rumple also dies at the end of this season, that makes four character deaths.

      I’ll be sad to see her go. She did a fantastic job in this show.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TheRose123 wrote: Well, this at least proves they are willing to make risks with the storyline? If Rumple also dies at the end of this season, that makes four character deaths.

      I’ll be sad to see her go. She did a fantastic job in this show.

      Four? Who are the other three? Drizella maybe then there was Belle, neither Lucy or Henry are gone. I guess there was Cecelia and Annatasia almost died, but who did you mean?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:

      TheRose123 wrote: Well, this at least proves they are willing to make risks with the storyline? If Rumple also dies at the end of this season, that makes four character deaths.

      I’ll be sad to see her go. She did a fantastic job in this show.

      Four? Who are the other three? Drizella maybe then there was Belle, neither Lucy or Henry are gone. I guess there was Cecelia and Annatasia almost died, but who did you mean?

      Drizella, Lady Tremaine, Belle, and Rumple.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Damn, this is actually surprising. Did not expect this at all. And its a shame because Adelaide is a great actress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I sorta knew it, deep down, because this was her arc, it focused on her heavily, that's what Once does to recurring villains, before it kicks them out. It's sad because Cinderella will never grow a good relationship with either Tremaine or Drizella like Snow did with Regina. I was hoping Jacinda and Ivy could become actual sisters, and eventually be both main in season 8. I already didn't see season 8 happening, but now without Drizella, uhm... not sure I want it, she is one of the strongest new characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I wish she stayed the whole season, she's definitely my favorite new character along with Alice :( 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Regarding which episode she dies in (assuming that is what happens to her and she doesn't just move to Hawaii or some nonsense), I'd imagine it will be a centric for her, so when Adam reveals the upcoming episode titles, I think it will be very telling. I'm personally hoping for something like "Sing Sweet Nightingale", assuming they can tie that to her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TheRose123 wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote:

      TheRose123 wrote: Well, this at least proves they are willing to make risks with the storyline? If Rumple also dies at the end of this season, that makes four character deaths.

      I’ll be sad to see her go. She did a fantastic job in this show.

      Four? Who are the other three? Drizella maybe then there was Belle, neither Lucy or Henry are gone. I guess there was Cecelia and Annatasia almost died, but who did you mean?

      Drizella, Lady Tremaine, Belle, and Rumple.

      Lady Tremaine didn’t die

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:

      TheRose123 wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote:

      TheRose123 wrote: Well, this at least proves they are willing to make risks with the storyline? If Rumple also dies at the end of this season, that makes four character deaths.

      I’ll be sad to see her go. She did a fantastic job in this show.

      Four? Who are the other three? Drizella maybe then there was Belle, neither Lucy or Henry are gone. I guess there was Cecelia and Annatasia almost died, but who did you mean?

      Drizella, Lady Tremaine, Belle, and Rumple.

      Lady Tremaine didn’t die

      She/he's assuming she will die, as Gabrielle is pratically quite confirmed to be leaving after Ep. 11/12. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I doubt they are giving one to Gothel. From what I can tell, they seem to be setting up Gothel and the Coven as the Big Bads.

      Maybe (and tis is pure speculation) Drizzy will go out in a blaze of glory trying to stop Gothel, sort of like Neal did in 3b, and then Gothel will go on her Evil Rampage.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote: Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

      Considering that she lost her magic, it was only a matter of time before something happened to her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote: Well, I knew she'd have to be out at some point, since they didn't make her staring. Honestly, I'm surprised at how many episodes she did get, without getting a staring credit. 14 - 16 episodes is a ton out of a 22 episode season.

      Red was in 18 episodes of season 1 and wasn’t a main and she was in 12 as a main in season 2 lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

      Adelaide's exist says nothing about wether OUaT is getting an eighth season. The Reaper has it as 45% chance of renenwal and F3 considers it a bubble show. Networks never cancel shows just because actors are leaving, and if season seven has shown us anything, it1s that OUaT isn't the kind of show where any single actor is necessary for the plot.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

      Adelaide's exist says nothing about wether OUaT is getting an eighth season. The Reaper has it as 45% chance of renenwal and F3 considers it a bubble show. Networks never cancel shows just because actors are leaving, and if season seven has shown us anything, it1s that OUaT isn't the kind of show where any single actor is necessary for the plot.

      But what are they going to do for Season 8? Again, unless something happens in the second half, they've written off both of their best chances for interesting character arcs. Seasons 1-6 of Once were carried by Emma, Regina, and Rumple. Henry is an okay Emma, though he's really much better at being Snow, but without Victoria and Drizella, we don't have a Regina or a Rumple.

      It's not that I think this decision will result in them being canceled. Odds are, the decision will be made by the time this airs, even if it's not official. But the fact that they're writing off both of the characters who have the most potential to fill the niche the target audience usually enjoys (that is, redeemed villain) makes it feel as if they aren't planning for an eighth season. And given the fact that the people at ABC tend to like this show, I'm inclined to think they've already made the decision to cancel it and have given Adam and Eddy a chance to give the series a satisfying resolution.

      This is all just my speculation, though, and mostly uninformed and abnormally pessimistic speculation at that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Can't say that I'm all that surprised about this news. With Adelaide being in nearly every episode but not as a series regular, I'm just glad she's making it past the winter finale. Still, she's definitely one of the better parts of Season 7, and I'll miss her when she's gone. Here's to hoping Drizella/Ivy gets a good resolution.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless
      The Lord of Deathless removed this reply because:
      Whining
      08:50, January 2, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Okay. I'm done. No more OUAT for me. It's been fun, though, y'all, I've really enjoyed these discussions! Thanks for making it real!...

      No, seriously, I'm out.

      Good for you. Can you keep that kind of message out of this thread? We're not here to hear about that kind of things. Thank you.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless
      The Lord of Deathless removed this reply because:
      Unnecessary whining on my part
      08:50, January 2, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Alright, I'll stop whining and put in a real opinion. It seems like such a waste to let the season's best new character either get killed off or leave the show on such an unsatisfying note (it's nowhere near the finale so there will most likely be nothing very climactic), but IF they plan on bringing her back next season (like she leaves midway through this season to go on a journey of self-discovery or something, like a chance to redeem herself) then that is fine by me. If next season gets a greenlight, she should come back as a regular but I am probably just grasping at loose strands at this point.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe we could...consider a few other perspectives?

      Kane: Maybe this is all she signed up for, wanted to do, etc. it’s her career, not ours.

      Writers: If someone really thinks the writers peer into the vast throng of fans to “see what characters they like/think are good”, that’s...not how those decisions go down. The show would look erratic like that.

      ABC: Once can lose half its cast or more, but if there’s money to be made, wounds to close, other focal points, they’ll at best do focus groups and stuff. I doubt the execs just walk into every writers room of every show and tell them what to write, every step of the way.

      Though I think it’s a bit funny that half of the OG cast left, no one though it was going to be canceled. Bobby Carlyle was planning to leave, no thoughts of Once going toes up. Anwar is presumed to be gone now, a few peaked thoughts. But Kane is leaving and the the show is now done-done. All I can say is “Let’s wait and see how the story plays out.”

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Actually, most people thought it would be cancelled when they heard the word "reboot" and departures from the cast, so they stopped watching, praying that it would get cancelled, I said "why not, the reboot has me curious". After the Carlyle said he wanted to leave, I already wondered if the show could continue carried only by newbies and Lana at this point, including my favorites, Tiana, Drizella and Alice. Now, no Drizella? I doubt the new cast can be still solid, and the curiosity for the reboot has been fulfilled, the only thing that keeps me wanting a season 8 is "I want more Once", but I'm not a fan of them stretching things for too long either.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Similar views with regards to Kane’s characters. The writers might have written a good arc and a great ending for her and I’ll enjoy that over stretching things thin.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Raymondnoodles wrote:

      CoolDudeAl wrote: Well, I knew she'd have to be out at some point, since they didn't make her staring. Honestly, I'm surprised at how many episodes she did get, without getting a staring credit. 14 - 16 episodes is a ton out of a 22 episode season.

      Red was in 18 episodes of season 1 and wasn’t a main and she was in 12 as a main in season 2 lol.

      I'm pretty sure that is because Megan decided she wanted to leave though, thus not being in the last 5 episodes of Season 2.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

      Adelaide's exist says nothing about wether OUaT is getting an eighth season. The Reaper has it as 45% chance of renenwal and F3 considers it a bubble show. Networks never cancel shows just because actors are leaving, and if season seven has shown us anything, it1s that OUaT isn't the kind of show where any single actor is necessary for the plot.

      Who or what is F3?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote: Alright, I'll stop whining and put in a real opinion. It seems like such a waste to let the season's best new character either get killed off or leave the show on such an unsatisfying note (it's nowhere near the finale so there will most likely be nothing very climactic), but IF they plan on bringing her back next season (like she leaves midway through this season to go on a journey of self-discovery or something, like a chance to redeem herself) then that is fine by me. If next season gets a greenlight, she should come back as a regular but I am probably just grasping at loose strands at this point.

      But, we don’t know if it will be unsatisfying cause we haven’t seen it yet.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Though I think it’s a bit funny that half of the OG cast left, no one though it was going to be canceled. Bobby Carlyle was planning to leave, no thoughts of Once going toes up. Anwar is presumed to be gone now, a few peaked thoughts. But Kane is leaving and the the show is now done-done. All I can say is “Let’s wait and see how the story plays out.”

      That's because it's being piled upon. Again, Once is carried by its villains. They are the fan-favorites, the characters with the best writing, and the characters with the most focus in episodes and promotional materials more often than not. When half the OG cast left, we still had Regina, Hook, and Rumple plus the potential for new villains. When Rumple was planning on leaving, we still had Regina, Hook, Tremaine, and Drizella. By the time we found out Tremaine was leaving, it was clear that Regina and Hook are now full-fledged heroes instead of redeemed villains, so that left us with only Drizella. Now Drizella is leaving. The most popular, promoted, and well-written character trope on the show does not have any characters left to fill it, that we're aware of. That's concerning.

      That said, we do still have Zelena, Facilier, Gothel, Anastasia, Alice, and Robin that we don't really know what's going on with them. Zelena, Anastasia, and Gothel aren't likely to stick around as regulars if at all, but Facilier, Alice, and Robin might, although the latter two we don't really know any of their motives to know if they could fill this niche (Alice has a lot of potential as an anti-hero, though).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:That's because it's being piled upon. Again, Once is carried by its villains. 

      (parts omitted)

      Alice has a lot of potential as an anti-hero, though.

      That's in part a problematic part of Once and especially this season. The show has heroes and villains and one-side shouldn't carry the other. On the note of Alice, I expect her to go as well, but that's neither here nor there.

      I can see why Adelaide's departure signals the death bells, but there were signs pointing towards her departure, despite how they wrote the character. (I'm certain that the writers think Ella is the most intriguing, conflicted, warrior mom ever.) Seeing that all of the early recurrers had a chance to be bumped up, I think the moment Mekia achieved that before anything serious with the character sort of gives the idea that Kane and Reynolds were far less likely to be sticking around. 

      I think the quick end to a regular (Anwar) also gave me a similar feeling as she was and is the villain/regular. I'm sure more will unfold in the upcoming weeks.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:That's because it's being piled upon. Again, Once is carried by its villains. 

      (parts omitted)

      Alice has a lot of potential as an anti-hero, though.

      That's in part a problematic part of Once and especially this season. The show has heroes and villains and one-side shouldn't carry the other. On the note of Alice, I expect her to go as well, but that's neither here nor there.

      I can see why Adelaide's departure signals the death bells, but there were signs pointing towards her departure, despite how they wrote the character. (I'm certain that the writers think Ella is the most intriguing, conflicted, warrior mom ever.) Seeing that all of the early recurrers had a chance to be bumped up, I think the moment Mekia achieved that before anything serious with the character sort of gives the idea that Kane and Reynolds were far less likely to be sticking around. 

      I think the quick end to a regular (Anwar) also gave me a similar feeling as she was and is the villain/regular. I'm sure more will unfold in the upcoming weeks.

      Whaat? After a regular and a recurring leaving, Rose would leave too? I don't think so.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:That's because it's being piled upon. Again, Once is carried by its villains. 

      (parts omitted)

      Alice has a lot of potential as an anti-hero, though.

      This is besides the point but I thought Alice was a straight up hero, what makes her an anti-hero?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Ugh... This is incredibly disappointing to me.

      So does this mean they're just not doing a redemption storyline? Or are they going to force one on Gothel...? Or, I guess, Wish Hook has technically never been redeemed.

      Really, this makes me think we won't get a Season 8. Unless there's a major surprise, there isn't anything interesting here. Once generally speaking does not write heroes well and Jacinda is already a pretty unpopular character, while Tiana lacks storylines (at least so far). The most popular characters in the past have been redeemed villains and they've killed their only two obvious choices.

      I'll hold out hope for something to happen in the second half that gives them a better chance, but... This doesn't bode well.

      Adelaide's exist says nothing about wether OUaT is getting an eighth season. The Reaper has it as 45% chance of renenwal and F3 considers it a bubble show. Networks never cancel shows just because actors are leaving, and if season seven has shown us anything, it1s that OUaT isn't the kind of show where any single actor is necessary for the plot.
      Who or what is F3?

      F3 is short for freifraufischer, the Tumblr username of Katherine Keirns, a popular fan who's known for making Funko Pops, keep screentime data for all the regulars, and run an OUaT news blog. She's usually right when dealing with ratings and is rumored to have some contacts within ABC, so I trust her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:That's because it's being piled upon. Again, Once is carried by its villains. 

      (parts omitted)

      Alice has a lot of potential as an anti-hero, though.

      That's in part a problematic part of Once and especially this season. The show has heroes and villains and one-side shouldn't carry the other. On the note of Alice, I expect her to go as well, but that's neither here nor there.

      I can see why Adelaide's departure signals the death bells, but there were signs pointing towards her departure, despite how they wrote the character. (I'm certain that the writers think Ella is the most intriguing, conflicted, warrior mom ever.) Seeing that all of the early recurrers had a chance to be bumped up, I think the moment Mekia achieved that before anything serious with the character sort of gives the idea that Kane and Reynolds were far less likely to be sticking around. 

      I think the quick end to a regular (Anwar) also gave me a similar feeling as she was and is the villain/regular. I'm sure more will unfold in the upcoming weeks.

      Adelaide rarely takes upon regular roles where she's not a main, so I wasn't expecting her to last. The fact that she's leaving so soon is what surprises me more; I thought she was going to at least last until the finale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aaaaand here's to some more LOST potential.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GothicNarcissus wrote: Aaaaand here's to some more LOST potential.

      Not really. The story can easily have great payoff. Once also could be cancelled so...that’s a pretty big stretch given that we haven’t seen any episode leading up to that departure.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GothicNarcissus wrote: Aaaaand here's to some more LOST potential.

      Now, they have a change to do this right - she COULD leave with a bang and ruin Gothel's plans along the way - but it seems too early in the season. They'll probably just kill her in seconds and Henry (who was interested in her for most of the season) will be like "eh she wasn't so great anyways."

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:

      GothicNarcissus wrote: Aaaaand here's to some more LOST potential.

      Now, they have a change to do this right - she COULD leave with a bang and ruin Gothel's plans along the way - but it seems too early in the season. They'll probably just kill her in seconds and Henry (who was interested in her for most of the season) will be like "eh she wasn't so great anyways."

      Early? About 15 episodes out of 22 is early?

      And Cursed Henry, who is completely lost? Or Henry who was almost poisoned by her? Ship what you may but you can’t objectively think that Henry likes her/ or that cursed Henry’s thoughts matter. That’s akin to accusing Snow that she cheated on David with Dr. Whale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Early? About 15 episodes out of 22 is early?

      And Cursed Henry, who is completely lost? Or Henry who was almost poisoned by her? Ship what you may but you can’t objectively think that Henry likes her/ or that cursed Henry’s thoughts matter. That’s akin to accusing Snow that she cheated on David with Dr. Whale.

      Well, Cursed Henry's memories probably don't matter too much, but what I want is for them to at least respect her sacrifice if (and probably when) it happens. And about the whole "early" thing, it feels to me like there's so much more to do with her character that is potentially being wasted by killing her in ep. 15. If she were to pull a sacrifice, it should be at the end of the season. That's just me.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver
      Eskaver removed this reply because:
      Have a thread on this
      19:05, January 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Eskaver
      Eskaver removed this reply because:
      Have a thread on this
      19:05, January 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Eskaver
      Eskaver removed this reply because:
      Have two threads on this
      19:06, January 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Eskaver
      Eskaver removed this reply because:
      Chain of deletion
      19:06, January 4, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote: To be honest, I don't want either Drizella or especially Gothel to redeem themselves, I think Victoria will already sacrifice herself for her daughter (Ana), since she was originally a good person, this arc needs a real big bad.

      I hope Drizella’s and Rapunzel’s deaths are different. I don’t want both of them to sacrifice themselves for Ana, especially because they die within a short span of each other.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TheRose123 wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote: To be honest, I don't want either Drizella or especially Gothel to redeem themselves, I think Victoria will already sacrifice herself for her daughter (Ana), since she was originally a good person, this arc needs a real big bad.

      I hope Drizella’s and Rapunzel’s deaths are different. I don’t want both of them to sacrifice themselves for Ana, especially because they die within a short span of each other.

      Victoria dies for sure, she can't leave her favorite daughter. Drizella I don't know, it's possible she doesn't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      TheRose123 wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote: To be honest, I don't want either Drizella or especially Gothel to redeem themselves, I think Victoria will already sacrifice herself for her daughter (Ana), since she was originally a good person, this arc needs a real big bad.

      I hope Drizella’s and Rapunzel’s deaths are different. I don’t want both of them to sacrifice themselves for Ana, especially because they die within a short span of each other.
      Victoria dies for sure, she can't leave her favorite daughter. Drizella I don't know, it's possible she doesn't.

      See, maaayyybeeee she doesn't die but I can't find a reason why she'd leave without dying. And this is why I hated the idea of killing her and Tremaine to begin with - just pick one or the other, not both. It's like Phantom Menace - "I can only sell one slave or none to you, make your choice". And plus killing them like four episodes apart is even worse. I mean, this is not Game of Thrones for Lord's sake.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      TheRose123 wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote: To be honest, I don't want either Drizella or especially Gothel to redeem themselves, I think Victoria will already sacrifice herself for her daughter (Ana), since she was originally a good person, this arc needs a real big bad.

      I hope Drizella’s and Rapunzel’s deaths are different. I don’t want both of them to sacrifice themselves for Ana, especially because they die within a short span of each other.
      Victoria dies for sure, she can't leave her favorite daughter. Drizella I don't know, it's possible she doesn't.
      See, maaayyybeeee she doesn't die but I can't find a reason why she'd leave without dying. And this is why I hated the idea of killing her and Tremaine to begin with - just pick one or the other, not both. It's like Phantom Menace - "I can only sell one slave or none to you, make your choice". And plus killing them like four episodes apart is even worse. I mean, this is not Game of Thrones for Lord's sake.

      I totally agree! Bloodsheds like this only use to happen in.. final seasons. I'm gnawing on my nails.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote: See, maaayyybeeee she doesn't die but I can't find a reason why she'd leave without dying. And this is why I hated the idea of killing her and Tremaine to begin with - just pick one or the other, not both. It's like Phantom Menace - "I can only sell one slave or none to you, make your choice". And plus killing them like four episodes apart is even worse. I mean, this is not Game of Thrones for Lord's sake.
      I totally agree! Bloodsheds like this only use to happen in.. final seasons. I'm gnawing on my nails.

      And as bad as she is, I don't think she should die midway through an arc. I can't think of any heroic sacrifice she can perform midway through. Unless the writers are GENIUS enough to kill Gothel and the Coven along with Drizella - midway through (even they're not thick enough to try that).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote: See, maaayyybeeee she doesn't die but I can't find a reason why she'd leave without dying. And this is why I hated the idea of killing her and Tremaine to begin with - just pick one or the other, not both. It's like Phantom Menace - "I can only sell one slave or none to you, make your choice". And plus killing them like four episodes apart is even worse. I mean, this is not Game of Thrones for Lord's sake.
      I totally agree! Bloodsheds like this only use to happen in.. final seasons. I'm gnawing on my nails.

      And as bad as she is, I don't think she should die midway through an arc. I can't think of any heroic sacrifice she can perform midway through. Unless the writers are GENIUS enough to kill Gothel and the Coven along with Drizella - midway through (even they're not thick enough to try that).

      Not happening... What would they do in Episodes 16-22? Introduce a new villain with VERY bad development like they did with Black Fairy in S6?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:

      Not happening... What would they do in Episodes 16-22? Introduce a new villain with VERY bad development like they did with Black Fairy in S6?

      You know what, after this, I wouldn't put anything past them. No, I'm serious. They are not handling this well. But enough whining from me, I'll just... ride it out... sigh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • (MOD): Leave redemption for the Redemption thread. Wanna talk about "shipping Henry and Ivy"? Use that thread.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.

      We don't know if Kane's character dies.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.

      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.

      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the writers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.
      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the wrtiers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.

      PFF HAHAHA XD those are amazing suggestions! Although wandering the Void is harsh, even for her... that's a fate I'd reserve for Peter, Fiona, or Hades. But that's besides the point, yes, pretty much anything is better than killing two Tremaines in a row.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.
      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the wrtiers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.
      PFF HAHAHA XD those are amazing suggestions! Although wandering the Void is harsh, even for her... that's a fate I'd reserve for Peter, Fiona, or Hades. But that's besides the point, yes, pretty much anything is better than killing two Tremaines in a row.

      It was just announced that the characters will deal with someone beyond the Coven, which is an awake fairytale character. Perhaps this has to do with Drizella vanishing?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.
      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the wrtiers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.
      PFF HAHAHA XD those are amazing suggestions! Although wandering the Void is harsh, even for her... that's a fate I'd reserve for Peter, Fiona, or Hades. But that's besides the point, yes, pretty much anything is better than killing two Tremaines in a row.
      It was just announced that the characters will deal with someone beyond the Coven, which is an awake fairytale character. Perhaps this has to do with Drizella vanishing?

      Huh? HUH? How many more times are we gonna get a "man behind the man"?... oh well, we can discuss the mystery on a new topic post. Whoever they are, would they kidnap her?... or would she go with them seeking another parental figure, maybe? If there's another season, that could lead into a new storyline for her (if her actress comes back).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.
      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the wrtiers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.
      PFF HAHAHA XD those are amazing suggestions! Although wandering the Void is harsh, even for her... that's a fate I'd reserve for Peter, Fiona, or Hades. But that's besides the point, yes, pretty much anything is better than killing two Tremaines in a row.
      It was just announced that the characters will deal with someone beyond the Coven, which is an awake fairytale character. Perhaps this has to do with Drizella vanishing?
      Huh? HUH? How many more times are we gonna get a "man behind the man"?... oh well, we can discuss the mystery on a new topic post. Whoever they are, would they kidnap her?... or would she go with them seeking another parental figure, maybe? If there's another season, that could lead into a new storyline for her (if her actress comes back).

      They said that person is seeking revenge from someone. Drizella perhaps?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      The Lord of Deathless wrote:
      So we have at least three major character deaths this season, including two new characters. I'm assuming Rump is going as well given that Carlyle said this is his last one. The writers are just cleaning shop by this point.
      We don't know if Kane's character dies.
      (sigh) You're right, I'll stop saying that. It seems likely but it's not still confirmed.
      Just trap her in one of those Russian dolls or send her to wander the Void or something. Options are plenry and I'd hope the wrtiers don't go and kill off everyone in an effort of writing them off.
      PFF HAHAHA XD those are amazing suggestions! Although wandering the Void is harsh, even for her... that's a fate I'd reserve for Peter, Fiona, or Hades. But that's besides the point, yes, pretty much anything is better than killing two Tremaines in a row.
      It was just announced that the characters will deal with someone beyond the Coven, which is an awake fairytale character. Perhaps this has to do with Drizella vanishing?
      Huh? HUH? How many more times are we gonna get a "man behind the man"?... oh well, we can discuss the mystery on a new topic post. Whoever they are, would they kidnap her?... or would she go with them seeking another parental figure, maybe? If there's another season, that could lead into a new storyline for her (if her actress comes back).
      They said that person is seeking revenge from someone. Drizella perhaps?

      Font: https://www.facebook.com/OnceSerie/posts/1577751828961305 (very trustable page from Brazil). 

      It says: "According to Eddy, the Coven of Witches is not the only threat that the characters will face in the series' return in March. There is a fairytale character in Hyperion which is awake from the curse and seeks revenge against a very specific target in mind".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That doesn't relate to Kane's exit.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      That doesn't relate to Kane's exit.

      Maybe it does? I mean, what if this new villain has to do with Drizella's vanishing? Anyways, i'll create a new thread.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So like Eskaver said she'll probably just get sent to an interdimensional prison or whatever. I dunno. Any idea's good at this point.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That doesn't relate to Kane's exit.
      Maybe it does? I mean, what if this new villain has to do with Drizella's vanishing? Anyways, i'll create a new thread.

      It doesn't. Looking forward to the thread.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A-Okay. Well all we can do now is wait for March.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That doesn't relate to Kane's exit.
      Maybe it does? I mean, what if this new villain has to do with Drizella's vanishing? Anyways, i'll create a new thread.
      It doesn't. Looking forward to the thread.

      I just realized you've already created it. (:

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Adelaide exits on 715 for definate :(

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eh, I think she's getting a redemption and a happy ending with Anastasia. There's no reason to keep anyone involved with the Belfrey storyline past this point with Rapunzel dead and Anastasia clearly not being the Guardian.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote: So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

      Writers. She already mentioned it if I recall.

      Also, Adelaide is guest star. Quite uncommon for them to leave on "their own choice", they have a contract for a certain number of episodes ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Lady Rapunzel wrote: So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

      Writers. She already mentioned it if I recall.

      Also, Adelaide is guest star. Quite uncommon for them to leave on "their own choice", they have a contract for a certain number of episodes ^^

      Yes, i know, but it's so hard to think that they'd choose to let her go. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote:

      Lady Rapunzel wrote: So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

      Writers. She already mentioned it if I recall.

      Also, Adelaide is guest star. Quite uncommon for them to leave on "their own choice", they have a contract for a certain number of episodes ^^

      Yes, i know, but it's so hard to think that they'd choose to let her go. 

      Not really? Drizella's arc was over so they made her leave. Don't see why it is hard to imagine they'd let her go ^^'

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

      A mixture of both, probably? It was stated that Drizella, Alice, and Tiana all had the potential to be promoted mid-season; obviously, that went to Tiana. My best guess as to why is that Mekia Cox would be busy on Chicago Med, so they gave her the bigger salary so she would clear more of her schedule.

      On one hand, Drizella seems like the kind of character who would stick around until a potential Season 8 as the "redeemed villain" stereotype (seeing as there were few options for that, besides maybe Samdi). On the other hand, the style and timing of her exit didn't seem particularly out-of-nowhere. She resolved her issues with her mother (more-or-less), Henry, Regina, and Cindy, and they needed a way to keep Anastasia safe so that they could switch the focus of the Guardian plot over to Alice. Drizella was the most logical choice to do that.

      It's possible Adelaide Kane didn't want to stick around for the whole season if she wasn't a series regular; it's possible the writers changed their minds after promoting Tiana and elected to write her off as a guest star. Whichever one it was, I'd say both parties had plenty of warning to make plans (Adelaide knew when she would be done and didn't seem too surprised; the writers were able to write her off satisfyingly instead of suddenly), indicating the parting was amicable, so I don't think it matters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Lady Rapunzel wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote:

      Lady Rapunzel wrote: So... was Adelaide's exit her own choice or the writers/producers? Any evidence about this?

      Writers. She already mentioned it if I recall.

      Also, Adelaide is guest star. Quite uncommon for them to leave on "their own choice", they have a contract for a certain number of episodes ^^

      Yes, i know, but it's so hard to think that they'd choose to let her go. 
      Not really? Drizella's arc was over so they made her leave. Don't see why it is hard to imagine they'd let her go ^^'

      I know her arc was over, but it was over because the writers decided that way. IMO, she had much more potential... But i guess that's how TV works. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I’m certain that it was simply a writing thing. Fans wants things driven into the ground (because it’s better to be brief and good than to see it become a shell of its former self).

      Any speculation that Kane wanted out is frivolous and speculative. The writers did as they intended. It’s not like they pick every actor and actress and see how well they do and change their writing at every turn to cater to the fan base whims.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Sad because Adelaide was really fantastic in it and deserved more, she was nice to be present at the finale screening! Same for Emma Booth.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I imagine Drizella (and therefore Adelaide) would have made at least a few appearances in Season 8, if the show had gotten renewed, in FBs at the very least.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I imagine Drizella (and therefore Adelaide) would have made at least a few appearances in Season 8, if the show had gotten renewed, in FBs at the very least.

      Well, i think the first episode the writers wrote after cancellation was The Guardian (am i right?), so i bet Drizella would just disappear in flashbacks like Tremaine did after 11. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • But they kept her alive, clearly they wanted her to return in season 8.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I imagine Drizella (and therefore Adelaide) would have made at least a few appearances in Season 8, if the show had gotten renewed, in FBs at the very least.
      Well, i think the first episode the writers wrote after cancellation was The Guardian (am i right?), so i bet Drizella would just disappear in flashbacks like Tremaine did after 11. 

      They might have known before the announcement came to the general public. We know they had time to "prepare".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I imagine Drizella (and therefore Adelaide) would have made at least a few appearances in Season 8, if the show had gotten renewed, in FBs at the very least.

      I bet S8, had it existed, would be way better than 4-5. Yet, we must accept that it is over and they sure had to cut a lot of plans

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.