FANDOM


  • So, per Kat:

    https://twitter.com/katmtan/status/940741334196817920 https://twitter.com/katmtan/status/940806020519079936 https://twitter.com/katmtan/status/940982227139043328 http://katmtan.tumblr.com/post/168505098052/wait-when-you-say-a-cast-member-is-missing-and

    She is saying that Gabrielle is not on the series anymore, and that we might get an announcement.

    Of course, not 100% confirmed or sure... I mean, the winter vacation starts next Monday, and Robert already left for his vacation, so... But it is Kat, and she is know to have valuable information.

    What do you think about it?

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have little reason to doubt her. However, I don’t see why Tremaine would be axed off around the 7x12 to 7x14 timeframe.

      Maybe she gives her life for Anastasia (as Lucy is up and about). I just don’t see why not the fatal meeting in the mid season finale or the mid season premiere.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Looks like she was last on set during 7x12, yes? And none of the last 3 episodes seem to pertain to her. 7x11's title could, however, and Gabrielle might've just been filming late.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That doesn't make any sense at all??? I really hope it isn't true. It sounds like it might be speculation (the "ding ding ding!" is a little bit more definitive though). But she's the most interesting character in the new main cast, at least IMO, and they literally just gave her relevance.

      If she does leave, I hope they promote Gothel or Drizella to main cast like how August replaced Graham.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nakis91 wrote:
      Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

      ...that would be even more disappointing.

      We get an interesting, creative villain, and they kill her off halfway through to replace her with a Disney insert.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nakis91 wrote:
      Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.

      I agree with DNK. We get a twist on two Disney inserts to...get a Disney insert. But then, why make Gabrielle a regular and not Adelaide (assuming they plan to keep her)? Guess since they made Tiana leapfrog every episode I guess that means very little.

      Narratively, I can see why. She might have nothing left to offer and they decided to axe her on a high-note than drag her through the mud over time. (Then again, I think the show if continuing has a crutch in the former cast.)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • While I wouldn't doubt her not being her for Season 8, would they really keep recurring Drizella and Gothel around and get rid of regular Tremaine?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Nakis91 wrote:
      Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.

      Isn't it the opposite btw? XD Gothel kind of reminds me of how Isaac's role in 4B was. Had the power to be the most powerful but just follows orders. Although I definitely think she will be the main villain in 7B over Facilier. Is he even coming back?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      But then, why make Gabrielle a regular and not Adelaide (assuming they plan to keep her)?

      I was going to make this argument, too, but then it occurred to me that they literally made Jamie Dornan a series regular in Season 1 for shock value when they killed him off.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      While I wouldn't doubt her not being her for Season 8, would they really keep recurring Drizella and Gothel around and get rid of regular Tremaine?

      Gothel is bound for death. Drizzy...is a toss-up. Early on, it was noted that they would likley up the three recurring stars, Kane, Cox, and Reynolds depending on some criteria. Cox is a regular, but the others are still as they were.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:

      Nakis91 wrote:
      Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.
      Isn't it the opposite btw? XD Gothel kind of reminds me of how Isaac's role in 4B was. Had the power to be the most powerful but just follows orders. Although I definitely think she will be the main villain in 7B over Facilier. Is he even coming back?

      Not really. If you read betweenn the lines (actually it's pretty obvious), Gothel is the Big Bad of the season, Tremaine and Drizzy just got running starts. Facilier is sort of like Jafar in season 6.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmmm... very interesting. I could see her getting killed off in present day, I guess, but I think she would still be part of the cast through the end of the season, kind of like Neal in Season 3, because I think we will still need her in certain FBs.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Tysonjackson wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:

      Nakis91 wrote:
      Ooh maybe an Ingrid ending for her?

      If she is indeed leaving, then I can see them making Facilier main villain

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.
      Isn't it the opposite btw? XD Gothel kind of reminds me of how Isaac's role in 4B was. Had the power to be the most powerful but just follows orders. Although I definitely think she will be the main villain in 7B over Facilier. Is he even coming back?

      Not really. If you read betweenn the lines (actually it's pretty obvious), Gothel is the Big Bad of the season, Tremaine and Drizzy just got running starts. Facilier is sort of like Jafar in season 6.

      I've just always thought of Drizella and Rapunzel as a Big Bad Ensemble since Drizella cast the curse, while Rapunzel was the upfront antagonist. But I do think Gothel is shaping up (mid-finale likely) to officially join their ranks and not just be a follower. But I agree about Facilier. But this whole thing is why I can't see Anwar leaving. But then again, Once doesn't have a good track record of regulars. Ruby joined in S2, was gone by S3. Will joined in 4, didn't appear at all after that. Zelena and Robin were added in as regulars in 5. He was killed by 6 and she's gone now in 7. So yeah, on second thought, maybe she is gone.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Based on screen time and plot relevance, Drizella is pratically a main.

      Moving forward, yeah, I guess Drizella will be their villain set for redemption while Gothel is the big bad. Maybe they'll fight over Anastasia.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If this is true, I'm thinking she's going to get killed off in 7x11 to make way for Gothel being the big bad. The old big bad dying in the new big bad's centric makes sense. Tremaine's an interesting character, so I hope we see more of her in flashbacks.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

      So I guess they're pulling a Graham.

      ...I'm still not happy about this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote: Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

      Yikes, I take it she's not a fan of Kat lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote: Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

      Yikes, I take it she's not a fan of Kat lol.

      Also take her point. Kat is not watching S7, she is not so going on set anymore, and she actively hopes for the cancellation of the show. She could be biased and only shows the "bad side" of the news, while EFNS has good points to consider too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      JennaMae wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote: Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

      Yikes, I take it she's not a fan of Kat lol.

      Also take her point. Kat is not watching S7, she is not so going on set anymore, and she actively hopes for the cancellation of the show. She could be biased and only shows the "bad side" of the news, while EFNS has good points to consider too.

      Full disclosure, I've kinda written that person off as a fandom crazy after years of pushing negative rumors about cast members and other things that were shot down by Adam. In regards to the Gabrielle news, Kat hasn't said anything blaming the actress. I just wonder if Gabrielle was aware of this going in.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote:

      JennaMae wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote: Here is a message from the girl in charge of EFNS, who's actually really following Season 7 (contrary to Kat) and who has also her sources like Kat.

      http://freifraufischer.tumblr.com/post/168508109136/gabrielle-anwar-is-a-respected-actor-who-hasnt

      Yikes, I take it she's not a fan of Kat lol.
      Also take her point. Kat is not watching S7, she is not so going on set anymore, and she actively hopes for the cancellation of the show. She could be biased and only shows the "bad side" of the news, while EFNS has good points to consider too.

      Full disclosure, I've kinda written that person off as a fandom crazy after years of pushing negative rumors about cast members and other things that were shot down by Adam. In regards to the Gabrielle news, Kat hasn't said anything blaming the actress. I just wonder if Gabrielle was aware of this going in.


      That person? You mean Kat? BTW, I know she did not say anything bad about the actress, but she could give the impression that they fired Gabrielle to change their plan, while it is prolly how they planned her arc from the start, as pointed out by EFNS

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe Victoria is the fatal consequence in 710, setting up an arc focusing on Anastasia (since we know she's still around in 714) but she will appear in flashback for 711/12 which is why she was still filming.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Maybe Victoria is the fatal consequence in 710, setting up an arc focusing on Anastasia (since we know she's still around in 714) but she will appear in flashback for 711/12 which is why she was still filming.

      Agree. Knowing that Ana is still there, and Tremaine out... I think the cliffhanger will be related to Tremaine's demise and her ending will be in the first eps of 7B

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      That person? You mean Kat? BTW, I know she did not say anything bad about the actress, but she could give the impression that they fired Gabrielle to change their plan, while it is prolly how they planned her arc from the start, as pointed out by EFNS

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Well, I'm sure whatever the plan was will be addressed in due time. :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't think that they're wasting Lady Tremaine so fast, I mean, she is a ruthless, psychopatic woman, who desires to have power and to destroy her step-daughter and, as proven by the last episode, she is, indeed, a great villain. Also,she is the main villain from Cinderella, so, it's like if they killed Regina in early season 1

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote:

      That person? You mean Kat? BTW, I know she did not say anything bad about the actress, but she could give the impression that they fired Gabrielle to change their plan, while it is prolly how they planned her arc from the start, as pointed out by EFNS

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      She has always been really professional, and always tried to stay away from haters & ship wars, while still giving all info/possibilities from the set. I mean, contrary to Kat, who is known to be biased since years x)

      Anyways, not about this discussion x)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I hope she will take Jacinda with her on her way out =)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      I hope she will take Jacinda with her on her way out =)

      I think you're looking for this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      I hope she will take Jacinda with her on her way out =)


      Also, can you can take your trolling attitude out of here please? :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.

      I agree with DNK. We get a twist on two Disney inserts to...get a Disney insert. But then, why make Gabrielle a regular and not Adelaide (assuming they plan to keep her)? Guess since they made Tiana leapfrog every episode I guess that means very little.

      Narratively, I can see why. She might have nothing left to offer and they decided to axe her on a high-note than drag her through the mud over time. (Then again, I think the show if continuing has a crutch in the former cast.)

      It is very possible, Gabrielle Anwar's contract was only for half a season. Or that Tremaine/Rapunzel and Drizella's storylines were not finalized, until after ABC negotiated the actresses' contracts. The first few episodes of the season felt like the writers were experimenting, and trying to figure out which way they wanted the story arc to go. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She's doing a live with ET (I think) in a few minutes. Perhaps she is going to announce it?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AlbOuat wrote:
      She's doing a live with ET (I think) in a few minutes. Perhaps she is going to announce it?


      Highly doubtful ^^' It would potentially spoil the winter finale :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Also take her point. Kat is not watching S7, she is not so going on set anymore, and she actively hopes for the cancellation of the show. She could be biased and only shows the "bad side" of the news, while EFNS has good points to consider too.

      I never considered Kat to be a OUaT fan. Mainly, because she is a professional paparazzo. While, I have not enjoyed S7 much, it is good that someone is finally calling out Kat.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Gothel is the main villain, with both Tremaine and Drizzy as Secondary. So, at best, he'd get to be a secondary villain.

      I agree with DNK. We get a twist on two Disney inserts to...get a Disney insert. But then, why make Gabrielle a regular and not Adelaide (assuming they plan to keep her)? Guess since they made Tiana leapfrog every episode I guess that means very little.

      Narratively, I can see why. She might have nothing left to offer and they decided to axe her on a high-note than drag her through the mud over time. (Then again, I think the show if continuing has a crutch in the former cast.)

      It is very possible, Gabrielle Anwar's contract was only for half a season. Or that Tremaine/Rapunzel and Drizella's storylines were not finalized, until after ABC negotiated the actresses' contracts. The first few episodes of the season felt like the writers were experimenting, and trying to figure out which way they wanted the story arc to go. 

      I agree with this observation. 703 was the first episode that really felt like it had any real direction. 701/2 were playing with ideas for the Cinderella cast and W!Hook/Captain Swan. 703 gave Cinderella and Tremaine purpose by introducing Anastasia and Gothel and giving Cinderella a bit of development with Regina, which, in turn, lead to Drizella receiving purpose in 706.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:

      Also take her point. Kat is not watching S7, she is not so going on set anymore, and she actively hopes for the cancellation of the show. She could be biased and only shows the "bad side" of the news, while EFNS has good points to consider too.

      I never considered Kat to be a OUaT fan. Mainly, because she is a professional paparazzo. While, I have not enjoyed S7 much, it is good that someone is finally calling out Kat.


      Don't worry, it is happening more and more since last year :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tremaine getting killed off feels like it was planned since she's never seemed like a big bad and because Gothel's introduction showed her to be the true villain. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think a lot will depend on how they'll kill her (if it ever happens)

      If she dies like Neal and Robin, then I'd say this wasn't planned 

      If she has a meaningful death, like Regina's father or Queen Eva, then this was something they planned from the beginning

      I don't think the'll go there but what if Cinderella kills her? Cindirella killing Rapunzel Like a Disney version of Mortal Kombat

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Don't worry, it is happening more and more since last year :)

      The same thing happened in S3, when Neal sacrifed himself, despite Michael Raymond-James being on contract. While, Robin Hood was written as an important character, but Season Maguire was not put on contract until S5. In both cases, Kat was incredibly biased in her set reports, for various reasons.... mainly, shipping wars. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:

      If she dies like Neal and Robin, then I'd say this wasn't planned 

      Neal's death was planned, since the writers had Rumplestiltskin loose Baelfire to the LWM. That was the price, for setting all the events into motion. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      8Rob wrote:

      If she dies like Neal and Robin, then I'd say this wasn't planned 

      Neal's death was planned, since the writers had Rumplestiltskin loose Baelfire to the LWM. That was the price, for setting all the events into motion. 

      I also think Robin's death was planned since they needed something that would drive Henry to want to get rid of magic and Regina to seperate herself from the EQ.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Is she one of those people who spread, that disgusting rumor about Sean Maguire in S5?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Is she one of those people who spread, that disgusting rumor about Sean Maguire in S5?


      She is not.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AlbOuat wrote:
      She's doing a live with ET (I think) in a few minutes. Perhaps she is going to announce it?

      Why would Gabrielle Anwar announce it, when this is clearly meant to be the big twist?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Is she one of those people who spread, that disgusting rumor about Sean Maguire in S5?

      I'm fairly certain she was. Also various things over the years about Jennifer that I don't care to bring up again.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Is she one of those people who spread, that disgusting rumor about Sean Maguire in S5?
      I'm fairly certain she was. Also various things over the years about Jennifer that I don't care to bring up again.

      I remember some of those rumors about Jennifer Morrison. Many of them seemed like certain fans refused to separate her from Emma. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:

      No, the person who runs that news blog.

      Is she one of those people who spread, that disgusting rumor about Sean Maguire in S5?
      I'm fairly certain she was. Also various things over the years about Jennifer that I don't care to bring up again.


      She was not. And you can't accuse someone to do something like THAT, just on the base of being "fairly certain". If you don't like her, fine, but no need to put her down, if you're not sure or have a link.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      JennaMae wrote: I'm fairly certain she was. Also various things over the years about Jennifer that I don't care to bring up again.
      She was not. And you can't accuse someone to do something like THAT, just on the base of being "fairly certain". If you don't like her, fine, but no need to put her down, if you're not sure or have a link.

      Can I bump that up to 100% then? It was her and one other person, who also regularly visits set, who helped spread it amongst the ER fandom. She has a whole tumblr and twitter account you could read through, but I'm not going to subject myself to that. xD

      Anywaysssss, we're off topic and this doesn't even have to do with you or me, really, so back to Gabrielle, lol! 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If they kill her off, it better be well-executed if they want to make this work. They also should have her reappear in other episodes during the season in flashbacks. It’s a shame, I wanted her to have another centric involving Cinderella’s father’s death but I suppose they could still do that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      JennaMae wrote: I'm fairly certain she was. Also various things over the years about Jennifer that I don't care to bring up again.
      She was not. And you can't accuse someone to do something like THAT, just on the base of being "fairly certain". If you don't like her, fine, but no need to put her down, if you're not sure or have a link.
      Can I bump that up to 100% then? It was her and one other person, who also regularly visits set, who helped spread it amongst the ER fandom. She has a whole tumblr and twitter account you could read through, but I'm not going to subject myself to that. xD

      Anywaysssss, we're off topic and this doesn't even have to do with you or me, really, so back to Gabrielle, lol! 


      She NEVER spread any bad rumor against Sean. She is actually a big fan of Sean, she is a big OutlawQueen fan; she even wrote many fics about them. I know she did not always agree with him on some statements, but that's all. She never ever spread any of these rumors.

      The one who started them is named Larry. Cos he got himself banned from the set.

      So yeah, if you don't plan to subject yourself to that, as you say it, it would be cool to not spread false rumors yourself. Thank you.

      So sure, back to Gabrielle.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Teases for upcoming episodes: shocking but satisfying. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm quite surprised to see that Leanne is the one who did the interview. Knowing her personal dislike of S7, and her shades to the season on Twitter... Thought she'd step away from covering OUAT for EtOnline ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Teases for upcoming episodes: shocking but satisfying. 

      What interview?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Matheus1234zx wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Teases for upcoming episodes: shocking but satisfying. 

      What interview?


      This one ^^ https://twitter.com/etnow/status/941077464448512000

      And to be more precise, she said she does not know if she would sign on for a season 8, because Vancouver is 15 hours away from her home and her family. And since she has a 14 year-old daughter, it is pretty hard for her to have her mom away for so long.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Teases for upcoming episodes: shocking but satisfying. 

      Could you provide a link?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Well, that explains everything.

      Gabrielle Anwar did not want a long-term contract. So, Tremaine/Rapunzel/Victoria's arc was written with that in mind. It is basically like how Rumpstiltskin's arc is about him wanting to die, because clearly Robert Carlyle wants to move on to other projects. Look, I cannot fault Gabrielle for this, because OUaT is in an awkward situation. Her signing a two-year contract, would have forced her to do a show she did not want, if OUaT gets cancelled this year. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.
      Well, that explains everything.

      Gabrielle Anwar did not want a long-term contract. So, Tremaine/Rapunzel/Victoria's arc was written with that in mind. It is basically like how Rumpstiltskin's arc is about him wanting to die, because clearly Robert Carlyle wants to move on to other projects. Look, I cannot fault Gabrielle for this, because OUaT is in an awkward situation. Her signing a two-year contract, would have forced her to do a show she did not want, if OUaT gets cancelled this year. 


      Actually, it has to do with her family.

      Her family and home is 15 hours away from Vancouver, which is why she "does not know" if she'd sign for a S8, per her words. And, when you have a 14 year old daughter, I think it is normal you don't want to be away from her for too long. Must have been hard for her daughter too.

      Honestly, they're kind of brave ^^' Being away for so long from their families or your closed beings, if they don't move with you... Really hard.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Just watched Gabrielle's interview and she said that she wouldn't sign on to a season 8, so there's that regardless of what happens.

      Teases for upcoming episodes: shocking but satisfying. 

      I don't think OUaT is losing a lot with this. Even more if Drizella is promoted to be a main villain, along with Gothel. This feels more like a "Bye Felicia" situation

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:

      I don't think OUaT is losing a lot with this. Even more if Drizella is promoted to be a main villain, along with Gothel. This feels more like a "Bye Felicia" situation

      Wait.... who is Felicia?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      8Rob wrote:

      I don't think OUaT is losing a lot with this. Even more if Drizella is promoted to be a main villain, along with Gothel. This feels more like a "Bye Felicia" situation

      Wait.... who is Felicia?

      It is an expression. Here:

      https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bye%20felicia

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rwo

      Chances are Rapunzel is gonna trade her own life to save both Anastasia and Lucy. I'm not sure she was totally aware that waking her daughter up would put the other girl in a coma.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's not a big loss, I'm really not a fan of Tremaine/Rapunzel, thought it was a great twist but that's it, she tried to kill Lucy, and actually I'm not a fan of Gabrielle either as an actress, plus, with did she accept the job if she couldn't live apart from her family? She shouldn't have left them at all, she didn't have to take the job.

      Also, I'm all for big deaths on the show. Hopefully Drizella is upped to regular, Gothel... not a fan of her either, and she has a recurring arc written all over her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's not a big loss, I'm really not a fan of Tremaine/Rapunzel, thought it was a great twist but that's it, she tried to kill Lucy, and actually I'm not a fan of Gabrielle either as an actress, plus, with did she accept the job if she couldn't live apart from her family? She shouldn't have left them at all, she didn't have to take the job.

      Also, I'm all for big deaths on the show. Hopefully Drizella is upped to regular, Gothel... not a fan of her either, and she has a recurring arc written all over her.

      I can see you don't like Anwar, but let's try not to attack the individuals. She simply said she probably might not sign on to a season 8. I'm sure her family need financial support too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's not a big loss, I'm really not a fan of Tremaine/Rapunzel, thought it was a great twist but that's it, she tried to kill Lucy, and actually I'm not a fan of Gabrielle either as an actress, plus, with did she accept the job if she couldn't live apart from her family? She shouldn't have left them at all, she didn't have to take the job.

      Also, I'm all for big deaths on the show. Hopefully Drizella is upped to regular, Gothel... not a fan of her either, and she has a recurring arc written all over her.

      Gabrielle's daughter begged her to do the show, so she took the job to make her daughter happy.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rwo wrote:
      Chances are Rapunzel is gonna trade her own life to save both Anastasia and Lucy. I'm not sure she was totally aware that waking her daughter up would put the other girl in a coma.

      Lady Tremaine was perfectly aware in NEF, that waking Anastasia required a human sacrifice. She was perfectly willing to murder Henry and Drizella. 

      That said.... having Victoria trade her life to save both Anastasia and Lucy, is probably how OUaT will redeem her. I would assume, Disney would not have allowed them to reveal her as the Tangled Rapuzel, otherwise. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rwo

      She was willing to sacrifice Henry or Drizella's heart, which would have involved their death, but what woke up Anastasia last week was a tear, so with a different ingredient you might have different expectations.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's not a big loss, I'm really not a fan of Tremaine/Rapunzel, thought it was a great twist but that's it, she tried to kill Lucy, and actually I'm not a fan of Gabrielle either as an actress, plus, with did she accept the job if she couldn't live apart from her family? She shouldn't have left them at all, she didn't have to take the job.

      Also, I'm all for big deaths on the show. Hopefully Drizella is upped to regular, Gothel... not a fan of her either, and she has a recurring arc written all over her.

      Gabrielle was ok as an actress here. She was unbearable at the beginning but she got better, IMO

      But my biggest problem with Tremaine was the way she was written. She was unlikeable as a character. She is just like Greg and Tamara all over again. I almost clapped when Rumple killed Tamara in 3x01

      Maybe that was their intention:  They wanted to make Tremaine an unlikeable villain like Dolores Umbridge so her death will be pretty satisfying to the audience

      The show needs a main villain now, and I hope Gothel and Drizella will take that role. Even more, I'd love if the whole coven is the main villain. A league of villains is something the show has never done before

      So yeah, this a "Bye Felicia" kind of departure

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's not a big loss, I'm really not a fan of Tremaine/Rapunzel, thought it was a great twist but that's it, she tried to kill Lucy, and actually I'm not a fan of Gabrielle either as an actress, plus, with did she accept the job if she couldn't live apart from her family? She shouldn't have left them at all, she didn't have to take the job.

      Also, I'm all for big deaths on the show. Hopefully Drizella is upped to regular, Gothel... not a fan of her either, and she has a recurring arc written all over her.

      Gabrielle is ok as an actress. She was unbearable at the beginning but she got better, IMO

      But my biggest problem with Tremaine was the way she was written. She was unlikeable as a character. She is just like Greg and Tamara all over again. I almost clapped when Rumple killed Tamara in 3x01

      Maybe that was their intention:  They wanted to make Tremaine an unlikeable villain like Dolores Umbridge so her death will be pretty satisfying to the audience

      The show needs a main villain now, and I hope Gothel and Drizella will take that role. Even more, I'd love if the whole coven is the main villain. A league of villains is something the show has never done before

      So yeah, this a "Bye Felicia" kind of departure

      Pointing you again towards here. I happen to like Tremaine/Rapunzel and Tamara as characters. But regardless, calling an actress bad (or "ok") based on one role is unfair and rude. Gabrielle is a very talented woman who has appeared on multiple shows and movies -- playing one character that some people don't like doesn't change that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:

      Pointing you again towards here. I happen to like Tremaine/Rapunzel and Tamara as characters. 

      Hmmm....  Congratulations   ??

      My opinion is as valid as yours. I can say I didn't like those characters just like you can say you liked them

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:

      Pointing you again towards here. I happen to like Tremaine/Rapunzel and Tamara as characters. 

      Hmmm....  Congratulations   ??

      My opinion is as valid as yours. I can say I didn't like those characters just like you can say you liked them

      The way you phrase it is very dismissive of them and anyone who does like them. It's one thing to say "I personally don't like Gabrielle Anwar anyway", it's another thing to say "[Gabrielle] was unbearable", "[Tremaine] was unlikeable", "her death will be pretty satisfying to the audience". That belongs on Rant and Rave, not here.

      I'm trying not to sound like I'm mini-modding, but it really bugs me when people say things like this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't see your point

      I never said I'm the official speaker of the OUaT fandom or anything like that

      That was just my opinion. If a character's death is satisfying for me, I say it because I can.

      Tamara's death was satisfying for me. That's it. 

      If you can take an opinion that differs from yours, that's not my business

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • (MOD): Let's keep calm and carry on. This is about an actress' potential departure and the end of a character, not detailing drama and bashing the actress or the writers. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Viewers have been complaining for years, that barely anyone important dies on OUaT. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, S7 needed to kill a main character. From all these rumors, it seems the writers choose for it to be Victoria/Tremaine/Rapunzel. However, in hindsight, it was obviously foreshadowed in 7.03. The moment a dead/comatose Anastasia was introduced, the audience should have realized her mother's days were numbered. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Viewers have been complaining for years, that barely anyone important dies on OUaT. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, S7 needed to kill a main character. From all these rumors, it seems the writers choose for it to be Victoria/Tremaine/Rapunzel. However, in hindsight, it was obviously foreshadowed in 7.03. The moment a dead/comatose Anastasia was introduced, the audience should have realized her mother's days were numbered

      Well, we can argue Neal & Robin were important, but that's true they were killed in arcs where they barely appeared so...

      Yeah, you have a real point. Admitting Tremaine is killed, that would be the first time a series regular is killed during its big arc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Viewers have been complaining for years, that barely anyone important dies on OUaT. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, S7 needed to kill a main character. From all these rumors, it seems the writers choose for it to be Victoria/Tremaine/Rapunzel. However, in hindsight, it was obviously foreshadowed in 7.03. The moment a dead/comatose Anastasia was introduced, the audience should have realized her mother's days were numbered
      Well, we can argue Neal & Robin were important, but that's true they were killed in arcs where they barely appeared so...

      Yeah, you have a real point. Admitting Tremaine is killed, that would be the first time a series regular is killed during its big arc.

      I'd say Graham counts, but seeing as that was Season 1, it's about time they did it again.

      Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, though, lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:

      Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, though, lol.

      It is not about making the audience happy, but rather serving the overall story. OUaT also has a habbit of killing off villains, right after showing their origin story. Where else can Victoria's arc go, now that she accomplished her goal?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:

      Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it, though, lol.

      It is not about making the audience happy, but rather serving the overall story. OUaT also has a habbit of killing off villains, right after showing their origin story. Where else can Victoria's go, now that she accomplished her goal?

      I know. And I agree. Narratively, they had to kill someone, and Victoria makes the most sense.

      Still doesn't mean I have to be happy about it :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote: Viewers have been complaining for years, that barely anyone important dies on OUaT. Whether we want to admit it to ourselves or not, S7 needed to kill a main character. From all these rumors, it seems the writers choose for it to be Victoria/Tremaine/Rapunzel. However, in hindsight, it was obviously foreshadowed in 7.03. The moment a dead/comatose Anastasia was introduced, the audience should have realized her mother's days were numbered. 

      I agree. Previous character deaths were used in order to end or begin a new storyline (Neal, Ingrid, Robin). Like Graham’s, this will hopefully be handled better as it is used to further the plot and characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Looks like Victoria will be killed in 711 as some sort of sacrifice for the Coven of the Eight.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Looks like Victoria will be killed in 711 as some sort of sacrifice for the Coven of the Eight.

      Maybe not..? I mean, maybe Victoria will be trapped until Episode 14 and that's why no one have seen her in filmings? I dunno, i'm just trying to hopeful.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She can't be like completely gone just yet

      She can be killed in 7x11 but she has to appear as Tremaine in flashbacks. So maybe 7x14 is the first time she appears in flashbacks after being killed

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If Tremaine dies than maybe they are thinking of adding Drizella to the main cast.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe Zelena will be added to main.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Raymondnoodles wrote:
      Maybe Zelena will be added to main.

      They might not replace her immediately since we already had Tiana promoted mid-season, but I'd say Alice, Drizella, or Zelena have the best odds for promotion eventually as of right now. We'll see what happens to them in 7B and if another character like, say, Robin becomes more logical, though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Honestly, I think that Tremaine's going to die in 7x11. She's being held captive by Gothel on what looks to be a chain? That's what I got from the promo and since we can assume that they won't keep Lucy in a coma for the rest of the season then Zelena and Regina will probably find a way to wake her up again. Maybe Fecilier could help? Either way, I think Rapunzel will give her life in place of Lucy's because she will "do anything for [her] family".

      I hope Drizella is promoted just because I want to see more of her backstory and how she dealed with not only Ana's "death" but also how she grew to hate her mother. Maybe even how she met Gothel. I also would love to see more of her relationship with Anastasia as well.

      Anyway, didn't everyone say goodbye to Gabrielle on social media a few weeks back? I don't know if this is true, but if it is then it's clear that she's done. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      I agree with DNK. We get a twist on two Disney inserts to...get a Disney insert. But then, why make Gabrielle a regular and not Adelaide (assuming they plan to keep her)? 

      They also probably did it to not give away that she would be departing part-way through the season. If they promoted someone as the "big bad" but then they were only a guest star and recieved less screen time as the season went on in favour of other villains (Gothel and Drizella), then it could be too obvious that she'd leave the show halfway through. Plus, it makes for better headlines. "Once Upon a Time returns and kills SERIES REGULAR in mid-season premiere" But that's just my opinion

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AquaSoloSky wrote:
      I hope Drizella is promoted just because I want to see more of her backstory and how she dealed with not only Ana's "death" but also how she grew to hate her mother. Maybe even how she met Gothel. I also would love to see more of her relationship with Anastasia as well.

      I don't think we really need to see how she grew to hate her mother -- it can be easily assumed based on her interactions with other characters and what she says. She desires maternal approval. Hence her brief attachment to Regina and how easily Gothel could manipulate her. Unfortunately, she didn't need Rapunzel's approval when she first came back from the tower because she had Cecelia, so she didn't make an effort with her. And once Cecelia was gone, it was too late -- Rapunzel had cracked and now only cared for Anastasia, the only person who never gave up on her. Drizella, this person who desperately wants someone to say they're proud of her, is stuck with a mother who has gone insane and is obsessed with her sister. Drizella will never be Anastasia and will never have her mother's love. Given she was younger than 14 when Anastasia died and is around Henry's age now, that's around a decade of, effectively, emotional abuse from her mother. Then she learns that her mother is willing to kill her for the sake of Anastasia? It's no wonder she's so unhinged.

      That's not really relevant to this thread, though, lol. Sorry for the tangent.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Any news about this?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Any news about this?

      Well, she hasn't filmed since 712, as far as we know.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And Rappy's done. :( 

      I wonder if she could appear as a guest star in the flashbacks.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      And Rappy's done. :( 

      I wonder if she could appear as a guest star in the flashbacks.

      She could. The Huntsman did.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think they made a poor choice here

      Having Gabrielle Anwar as a regular this season killed the surprise in this episode, because we all knew she didn't film after this episode

      Having her as guest starring (like Adelaide) and then include a (flashback) scene later in the season with her would have been better, because we wouldn't have known 7x11 was her last episode and her death would have been one hell of a twist 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote: I think they made a poor choice here

      Having Gabrielle Anwar as a regular this season killed the surprise in this episode, because we all knew she didn't film after this episode

      Having her as guest starring (like Adelaide) and then include a (flashback) scene later in the season with her would have been better, because we wouldn't have known 7x11 was her last episode and her death would have been one hell of a twist 

      I mean, to be fair we DID look for spoilers and who was filming when. Most people assume that a regular is there for the whole season, so to the normal viewer this would be a surprise.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm mreally sad with her departure.... I loved Gabrielle Anwar's characters... Victoria and Rapunzel are both amazing...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe she'll return for the flashbacks?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Loved her portrayal. She actually went out feeling like both Rapunzel and Tremaine combined. Totally deserved one more centric.

      Went out on top, so bravo!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I do hope we see her again in flashbacks. Ugh, I know it's unlikely at this point, but I really wish we'd get a Cinderella centric pre-ball that included Anwar. Oh well. Tremaine was the new character I was looking forward to the least, but she really turned herself around in those last three episodes. Good for her. She'll be missed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Man Talk About The Plot Twist Of The Century I Suspected Anwar Leaving The Show But Killing Off Rapunzel/Tremaine Too Soon And To Save Drizella Now That I Didn't See Coming!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It is possible she's done filming but also wrapped up some flashback scenes, right? What a great character (even if the way she says "Anastasia" was so different from everyone else).

      I really hope she shows up again at least once more, but if not, I'm satisfied with her ending. Reminded me of Ingrid.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Saintfighteraqua wrote: It is possible she's done filming but also wrapped up some flashback scenes, right? What a great character (even if the way she says "Anastasia" was so different from everyone else).

      I really hope she shows up again at least once more, but if not, I'm satisfied with her ending. Reminded me of Ingrid.

      She could reappear in the last two eps ^^ For the series finale... I'd love to :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Saintfighteraqua wrote: It is possible she's done filming but also wrapped up some flashback scenes, right? What a great character (even if the way she says "Anastasia" was so different from everyone else).

      I really hope she shows up again at least once more, but if not, I'm satisfied with her ending. Reminded me of Ingrid.

      She could reappear in the last two eps ^^ For the series finale... I'd love to :)

      Yeah, I'd be surprised if she's not in the finale. Adam and Eddy put out an open invite to everyone, and her character played a very big role in this season. I'd be disappointed if Gabrielle didn't return to shoot a cameo.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Saintfighteraqua wrote: It is possible she's done filming but also wrapped up some flashback scenes, right? What a great character (even if the way she says "Anastasia" was so different from everyone else).

      I really hope she shows up again at least once more, but if not, I'm satisfied with her ending. Reminded me of Ingrid.

      She could reappear in the last two eps ^^ For the series finale... I'd love to :)

      She can be in a FB in one or more of the episodes before the finale as well. Just because we didn't see her filming doesn't mean she didn't come back for a certain episode or something.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We didn't see filming most people in the latest episodes. But we assumed she wasn't back because apparently she left Vancouver to stay with her family. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in more flashbacks though, since she is a big part in them. But the finale? Doubt it, since there are no fbs. I guess it depends if she is still listed as a regular in 7x12.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really really enjoyed both versions of Anwar's and Warner's character as Rapunzel, Tremaine and Victoria. I hope she gets to come back once more. Gabrielle was a delight.

      But why would she have taken on the role as a regular if she knew in the first place that she'd spend less time with her family??

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      We didn't see filming most people in the latest episodes. But we assumed she wasn't back because apparently she left Vancouver to stay with her family. I'd be surprised if she wasn't in more flashbacks though, since she is a big part in them. But the finale? Doubt it, since there are no fbs. I guess it depends if she is still listed as a regular in 7x12.

      Yeah, but if she didn't film until 715 or something, she wouldn't have stayed in Vancouver for a month and a half, she would leave and come back. And unless someone knows she never went back to Vancouver (which we don't), it is highly likely she is in some episode's FB.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edzz wrote:
      I really really enjoyed both versions of Anwar's and Warner's character as Rapunzel, Tremaine and Victoria. I hope she gets to come back once more. Gabrielle was a delight.

      But why would she have taken on the role as a regular if she knew in the first place that she'd spend less time with her family??

      Her 11/12 year old daughter found out she was being offered a role on Once and begged her to take it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think she may have only agreed to do it on her terms, so she did half a season as a regular (which is probably paid better!). I don't think this is something that was decided later on, I think it has been the plan from the start. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Edzz wrote:
      I really really enjoyed both versions of Anwar's and Warner's character as Rapunzel, Tremaine and Victoria. I hope she gets to come back once more. Gabrielle was a delight.

      But why would she have taken on the role as a regular if she knew in the first place that she'd spend less time with her family??

      Her 11/12 year old daughter found out she was being offered a role on Once and begged her to take it.

      Ahh makes sense

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I understand, but too bad! She was so much fun to watch. People called her Regina 2.0 or a lite version of the Evil Queen, but honestly she stood alone as her own character and I'd have loved to had more screentime and story with her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm sad they axed Rapunzel/Tremaine so soon. We clearly needed to see her development in becoming Lady Tremaine and how her relationship with Cinderella goes after Anastasia's death. I guess there's no place for that in 7B.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Rapunzel was just a red herring for the main big bad of season 7A which was Drizella, now it's Gothel, so there isn't really any purpose for her now, however the writers made a good character out of her with a nice backstory.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.