FANDOM


  • Tonight did not exactly seem like a curtain call. I felt as though this "curtain call" left an open door for Emma to return sometime in the future. Does anyone think there may be a possibility in a series or season finale? I know the show has used stunt doubles in past episodes.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Was a little underwhelming, if you ask me. But I am glad that Emma has her happy ending and that she's expecting. 

      There's a quote used on Criminal Minds that goes like this: "Every ending is also a beginning. We just don't know it at the time." I like to believe that's true.

      I'll miss you, Emma. You too, Killian. (For clarity's sake, I'm calling Original Hook "Killian" and Wish Realm Hook "Hook".)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'd say the longer we have until the series ends, the more likely it is that Emma comes back. If Season 7 is the final season, I'd almost guarantee that she will not return. If Season 8 is the final season, there's a slightly higher chance. Etc. But right now she's done. She needs some time to do other things before she'll be coming back.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm thinking the opposite of what you're thinking. 

      The only reason I would've thought that /maybe/ Jen would come back for a finale, would be for Emma to reunite with Hook. But as we just saw in 7x02, Emma and the real Hook went home together. So both have left the show. The only person's story she is connected to now is Henry's, but Henry is now an adult, and he got her blessing to go off on his own adventures, so while I'm sure he will visit his SB family again someday, I don't expect an on-screen reunion. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • As of right now, it is. Things could change with time though. Who knows.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If 7x22 is the very final of OUAT, I have a hard time imagining one final appearance ruining Jen's creative and personal reasons for leaving (unless it's a cover up for either problems in the cast or contract issues, and I'm working with tv-shows, casting, etc, and from my experience that could easily be the case).

      From what they seemingly had to work with (Jen walking in and be like; "You have me for today and then I'm gone b*tches), I think the solution was okay. It's clear that they want her to come back for at least the final episode, and unless there have been those problems that I've suggested I can either imagine that they're doing anything they can for her to come back, or Jen's keeping it a secret for us while acting like that was her final appearance. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nitramania wrote:
      (unless it's a cover up for either problems in the cast or contract issues, and I'm working with tv-shows, casting, etc, and from my experience that could easily be the case).

      I didn't want to bring this here before but now that you mention it......

      Rumor has it something happened between JMo and Lana

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Nitramania wrote:
      (unless it's a cover up for either problems in the cast or contract issues, and I'm working with tv-shows, casting, etc, and from my experience that could easily be the case).
      I didn't want to bring this here before but now that you mention it......

      Rumor has it something happened between JMo and Lana

      In the words of Rumple, it's not nice to spread rumors.

      Rumors aren't fact, just stirring controversy for controversy's sake.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Nitramania wrote:
      (unless it's a cover up for either problems in the cast or contract issues, and I'm working with tv-shows, casting, etc, and from my experience that could easily be the case).
      I didn't want to bring this here before but now that you mention it......

      Rumor has it something happened between JMo and Lana

      I think Jen was just tired of playing Emma/being in a fantasy show/being a main on a tv show. I wouldn't assume their was an issue with another cast member, unless we have hard proof, which we don't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think this episode was a curtain call. Emma's story was wrapped up at the end of Season 6 and this was just a happy bonus. I don't think this episode left the door open for Jen's return. Emma and Henry will eventually see each other again, but that isn't something I think needs to be shown on screen. However, I think that if Jen has room in her schedule she will consider returning for the series finale. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think last night her character was handled poorly.  I'd like to see her return for the series finale and hopefully Storybrooke will return as well.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    •   Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, it sounds like Jen didn't give them much of a choice.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It was just a bonus, Emma's presence was kinda wasted as she was pointless aside from the scene where she healed Wish!Hook...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It was just a bonus, Emma's presence was kinda wasted as she was pointless aside from the scene where she healed Wish!Hook...

      Yes! In my opinion, since Jen only agreed to one episode, they should've done a Emma-focused episode. Not a Hook one. They have the entire season to make how many Hook centrics they want to.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • LadyTremaine wrote:

      Yes! In my opinion, since Jen only agreed to one episode, they should've done a Emma-focused episode. Not a Hook one. They have the entire season to make how many Hook centrics they want to.

      It looks like Jen didn't agree to be in town for the entirety of the episode's filming though. So from the start, it couldn't have been an Emma centric. They just got her to make an appearance for the viewers to say goodbye to the Emma-Henry and Emma-Hook relationships. 

      Now in contrast for 7x04, Emilie was in town for every day of filming. I would be disappointed if Belle didn't get a more proper farewell because the actress' time was not limited. (And it may not even be a farewell if the writers know they can leave the door open) 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      LadyTremaine wrote:

      Yes! In my opinion, since Jen only agreed to one episode, they should've done a Emma-focused episode. Not a Hook one. They have the entire season to make how many Hook centrics they want to.

      It looks like Jen didn't agree to be in town for the entirety of the episode's filming though. So from the start, it couldn't have been an Emma centric. They just got her to make an appearance for the viewers to say goodbye to the Emma-Henry and Emma-Hook relationships. 

      Now in contrast for 7x04, Emilie was in town for every day of filming. I would be disappointed if Belle didn't get a more proper farewell because the actress' time was not limited. (And it may not even be a farewell if the writers know they can leave the door open) 

      Yes! They could bring her as recurring just like Zelena if they wanted...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      When they said "JMo is going to appear in one episode" i imagined she was going to appear in the hole episode, not like 15 min.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • LadyTremaine wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It was just a bonus, Emma's presence was kinda wasted as she was pointless aside from the scene where she healed Wish!Hook...
      Yes! In my opinion, since Jen only agreed to one episode, they should've done a Emma-focused episode. Not a Hook one. They have the entire season to make how many Hook centrics they want to.

      It was like JMo only agreed to film like during a couple of days (an promote the episode on social media). So, this is the best they could do

      Also, it couldn't be an Emma centric because she would be absent in the present day portion of the episode on HH. So, the flashbacks and the present day stuff would be like disjointed

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096

      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.

      The point is... if Emma and Henry constantly chat through a magic mirror, then at some point Emma will noticed Henry is gone, because the curse was cast

      So, the question is, why aren't Emma/Hook looking for Henry? One might think they would go to the NEF and realize what happened (because everyone is gone) and track him/them in our world, which would be quite easy considering he still goes by Henry Mills

      This also leads to the question, if there is a writer called Henry Mills, who wrote a story about a curse and a town called Storybrooke somewhere in Maine, how come the people in the real Storybrooke haven't heard about it? Sure, the book was a failure, but that doesn't mean Emma, David, Snow, etc can't find out through the internet. HH is not isolated from the world, like SB was back in season 1. There are no magical town lines here.

      The thing is (and this is a long shot) but it's likely that something happened to SB after Emma and Hook went there in 7x02 and before the new curse what cast. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096

      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.
      The point is... if Emma and Henry constantly chat through a magic mirror, then at some point Emma will noticed Henry is gone, because the curse was cast

      So, the question is, why aren't Emma/Hook looking for Henry? One might think they would go to the NEF and realize what happened (because everyone is gone) and track him/them in our world, which would be quite easy considering he still goes by Henry Mills

      This also leads to the question, if there is a writer called Henry Mills, who wrote a story about a curse and a town called Storybrooke somewhere in Maine, how come the people in the real Storybrooke haven't heard about it? Sure, the book was a failure, but that doesn't mean Emma, David, Snow, etc can't find out through the internet. HH is not isolated from the world, like SB was back in season 1. There are no magical town lines here.

      The thing is (and this is a long shot) but it's likely that something happened to SB after Emma and Hook went there in 7x02 and before the new curse what cast. 

      We still need to see how Rumple and Zelena were cursed too..

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • LadyTremaine wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.
      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.
      The point is... if Emma and Henry constantly chat through a magic mirror, then at some point Emma will noticed Henry is gone, because the curse was cast

      So, the question is, why aren't Emma/Hook looking for Henry? One might think they would go to the NEF and realize what happened (because everyone is gone) and track him/them in our world, which would be quite easy considering he still goes by Henry Mills

      This also leads to the question, if there is a writer called Henry Mills, who wrote a story about a curse and a town called Storybrooke somewhere in Maine, how come the people in the real Storybrooke haven't heard about it? Sure, the book was a failure, but that doesn't mean Emma, David, Snow, etc can't find out through the internet. HH is not isolated from the world, like SB was back in season 1. There are no magical town lines here.

      The thing is (and this is a long shot) but it's likely that something happened to SB after Emma and Hook went there in 7x02 and before the new curse what cast. 

      We still need to see how Rumple and Zelena were cursed too..

      As far as we're aware, the curse hasn't been in effect very long, and we've been told that NEF time runs quicker (I think). Henry has experienced at least nine years since last time he saw Emma, but Emma may have only experienced a couple days.

      If the book is a failure, finding out about it would require Emma for some reason searching online for a book about Storybrooke without knowing it had to exist. Besides, as we found from Henry's family's burial home, just because the curse made these people think something doesn't mean it's real. Everyone affected by the curse knows about the book, but people who weren't cursed don't necessarily. Anyone who doesn't know about it when Henry mentions it, he'd just chalk it up to it being a failure.

      People are seriously overcomplicating this. I get that the fans of Once like to complain, but do you really have to make up things to complain about?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:

      People are seriously overcomplicating this. I get that the fans of Once like to complain, but do you really have to make up things to complain about?

      Yes. XD

      I wouldn't stress out about things that we have to wait for. There's a difference between being upset how things went, not how things are (that havent happened yet).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:

      People are seriously overcomplicating this. I get that the fans of Once like to complain, but do you really have to make up things to complain about?

      Yes. XD

      I wouldn't stress out about things that we have to wait for. There's a difference between being upset how things went, not how things are (that havent happened yet).

      Agreed.... I may not have liked the how it was executed, but 7.02 explained Emma's absence fairly well. Henry is an adult now, and searching for his own story. Regina only stayed in the NEF, because she was asked to. While, Emma wanted Henry to just live his life. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      As of right now, it is. Things could change with time though. Who knows

      I agree. We aren't 100% sure what's going to happen. Even though Jen had said before Season 7 started that she will appear in 1 episode (which was in 7x02), she might be keep a secret that she will appear in more episodes.

      While I was watching 7x02, Emma was saying to Henry that he couldn't go back to Storybrooke until he found his story. To me that means he does go back and visit Emma, Killian, and his sibling. 'Cause Henry somehow has this "Swan" keychain. And in my opinion, that keychain could have been given to him by Emma (even though the "Swan" keychain and the "Swan" keychain necklace are different things). 

      All of what I just said was just what I'm thinking. Trying not to say that I know for sure. Just thoughts/suggestion from my head. Like I said at the beginning.... We don't know for sure what's will happen in future epsiodes. Also we don't know for sure if Season 7 will be the very last season of the whole series.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096

      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.

      That's not the problem, the 10+ years before the curse hits is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.
      ...how exactly did they not explain it? NEF was caught up in a curse. Emma wasn't in the NEF. Boom, explained.
      That's not the problem, the 10+ years before the curse hits is.


      As far as we're aware, the curse hasn't been in effect very long, and we've been told that NEF time runs quicker (I think). Henry has experienced at least nine years since last time he saw Emma, but Emma may have only experienced a couple days.

      Not to mention, Henry is an adult. He's already been missing without talking to Emma for probably five-ish years by 702. What's another ten?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:

      That's not the problem, the 10+ years before the curse hits is.

      How is that a problem?

      Unless, for some reason Hook-Prime returns, because Emma died in childbirth. There is no reason to continue trying to explain Emma's absence. She lives in Storybrooke, while Henry is off living his life. She told him not to come home, until his story was completed. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:

      That's not the problem, the 10+ years before the curse hits is.

      How is that a problem?

      Unless, for some reason Hook-Prime returns, because Emma died in childbirth. There is no reason to continue trying to explain Emma's absence. She lives in Storybrooke, while Henry is off living his life. She told him not to come home, until his story was completed. 

      There is a big difference between don't come home until your happy, and don't have any communication with me until your happy.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:

      There is a big difference between don't come home until your happy, and don't have any communication with me until your happy.

      Henry lived in another realm, and now he is cursed.... everything was explained. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It’s not really a problem. The timeline just have to learned (as we will as the series progresses). Here’s what we know/estimate so far:

      June/July 2017: Henry leaves Storybrooke. He’s 16, according to Colin.

      Sometime Bwn: Regina, Hook, and Emma visits. Emma reveals that she’s pregnant.

      June 2018: Henry comes to HH and Roni was tempted to sign a deal with Belfrey (according to the date on the contract, but that could be wrong).

      So, Emma could be heavily pregnant, or about the have the baby, etc. so, she may wish she could figure things out but can’t do so. The curse could be having Emma talk to a fake-imagined Henry for all we know.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Guys... Henry and Cinderella eventually get married... So, how can his mother not be a part of this event?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Slipper Blue wrote:
      Guys... Henry and Cinderella eventually get married... So, how can his mother not be a part of this event?

      Maybe they get married like Snow and Charming in a little lakeside wedding just to get it over with, then before they can hold an actual ceremony the curse strikes? Then we could have the big ceremony be the series finale -- hopefully, with Emma in attendance -- and it would be full circle because Snow and Charming's wedding was the series premiere ^.^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Slipper Blue wrote:
      Guys... Henry and Cinderella eventually get married... So, how can his mother not be a part of this event?

      Maybe she's on bedrest with the pregnancy. She's not going to go to a wedding if her or the baby would die, no matter who's it is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Slipper Blue wrote:
      Guys... Henry and Cinderella eventually get married... So, how can his mother not be a part of this event?
      Maybe they get married like Snow and Charming in a little lakeside wedding just to get it over with, then before they can hold an actual ceremony the curse strikes? Then we could have the big ceremony be the series finale -- hopefully, with Emma in attendance -- and it would be full circle because Snow and Charming's wedding was the series premiere ^.^

      If Adam and Eddy plan six more seasons, i don't think the wedding will be in the series finale - unless, of course, unfortunately, the series get canceled and we end after season 7.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Slipper Blue wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Slipper Blue wrote:
      Guys... Henry and Cinderella eventually get married... So, how can his mother not be a part of this event?
      Maybe they get married like Snow and Charming in a little lakeside wedding just to get it over with, then before they can hold an actual ceremony the curse strikes? Then we could have the big ceremony be the series finale -- hopefully, with Emma in attendance -- and it would be full circle because Snow and Charming's wedding was the series premiere ^.^
      If Adam and Eddy plan six more seasons, i don't think the wedding will be in the series finale - unless, of course, unfortunately, the series get canceled and we end after season 7.

      They barely had time for the two weddings they had in present-day events from Seasons 1 to 6. RumBelle's wedding took place right before/after (can't remember) a time travel adventure that brought a crazed ice witch to the town while Captain Swan's took place while the threat of a curse loomed like three blocks over. It wouldn't be hard to justify putting off Henry and Cindy's wedding for a bit.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons

      Ratings? :/

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons

      People also said there was no way we'd get a sixth season. Or a seventh. Or that Robert Carlyle would come back for either. And yet...

      Don't speak definitively unless you know definitively. And unless you're God and/or psychic, you don't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Slipper Blue wrote:

      If Adam and Eddy plan six more seasons, i don't think the wedding will be in the series finale - unless, of course, unfortunately, the series get canceled and we end after season 7.

      Channing Dungey said, that ABC will let Adam and Eddy know in advance, if the network is cancelling OUaT. That way they have time to write S7 as a completed arc. Which to me, sounds like their necks were finally put on the chopping block. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Slipper Blue wrote:

      If Adam and Eddy plan six more seasons, i don't think the wedding will be in the series finale - unless, of course, unfortunately, the series get canceled and we end after season 7.

      Channing Dungey said, that ABC will let Adam and Eddy know in advance, if the network is cancelling OUaT. That way they have time to write S7 as a completed arc. Which to me, sounds like their necks were finally put on the chopping block. 

      No, that means that it's a possibility -- which it always is, has been, and will be, regardless of show -- and that Channing and the rest of ABC respect Adam and Eddy enough to give them fair warning.

      There is absolutely no evidence that the series will or will not be canceled. Please don't spread that information around until there is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Slipper Blue wrote:

      If Adam and Eddy plan six more seasons, i don't think the wedding will be in the series finale - unless, of course, unfortunately, the series get canceled and we end after season 7.

      Channing Dungey said, that ABC will let Adam and Eddy know in advance, if the network is cancelling OUaT. That way they have time to write S7 as a completed arc. Which to me, sounds like their necks were finally put on the chopping block. 
      No, that means that it's a possibility -- which it always is, has been, and will be, regardless of show -- and that Channing and the rest of ABC respect Adam and Eddy enough to give them fair warning.

      There is absolutely no evidence that the series will or will not be canceled. Please don't spread that information around until there is.

      I agree with what @DatNuttyKid had said here. If there is no proof that there are news the series will be canceled or not, then it's just a rumor. Adam would let us fans know either on Twitter or Instagram if the series is canceled or not.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons
      People also said there was no way we'd get a sixth season. Or a seventh. Or that Robert Carlyle would come back for either. And yet...

      Don't speak definitively unless you know definitively. And unless you're God and/or psychic, you don't.

      What kind of statement is that? lol

      So no one can't make a prediction unless you're a god or psychic?

      This show is not getting 6 more seasons. Look at the raitings and how much they decrease from season to season.... 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons
      People also said there was no way we'd get a sixth season. Or a seventh. Or that Robert Carlyle would come back for either. And yet...

      Don't speak definitively unless you know definitively. And unless you're God and/or psychic, you don't.

      What kind of statement is that? lol

      So no one can't make a prediction unless you're a god or psychic?

      This show is not getting 6 more seasons. Look at the raitings and how much they decrease from season to season.... 

      You can make a prediction. A prediction is not speaking definitively. A prediction would be "I predict that this show is not getting 6 more seasons." You have yet to say that.

      I agree that six more seasons is a stretch, but I am not discounting it as a possibility because I've been surprised before and there's no evidence either way.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I predict this show will get between 8 and 10 seasons. Everyone keeps forgetting ABC has a vested interest in this show and Agents of Shield, because they promote larger francises (Disney canon and Marvel Cinematic Universe respectivly).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      There is no way this show will have 6 more seasons
      People also said there was no way we'd get a sixth season. Or a seventh. Or that Robert Carlyle would come back for either. And yet...

      Don't speak definitively unless you know definitively. And unless you're God and/or psychic, you don't.

      What kind of statement is that? lol

      So no one can't make a prediction unless you're a god or psychic?

      This show is not getting 6 more seasons. Look at the raitings and how much they decrease from season to season.... 

      Most shows decrease ratings with each season. And why 6 more seasons? That's an easy prediction to make, how about 1 more to close the new stories? I feel like ABC, even though they don't have to, could give A&E 13 more episodes to complete the show. I mean, you can't go from 22 to 0 in a short time, not with such a beloved show that is important to ABC. Also the Live +3 ratings adjusted up to 1.2, a 71% increase, we know ABC considers that too because they mentioned it in various interviews.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:

      Most shows decrease ratings with each season. And why 6 more seasons? That's an easy prediction to make, how about 1 more to close the new stories? I feel like ABC, even though they don't have to, could give A&E 13 more episodes to complete the show. 

      Giving OUaT a shortened final season, to wrap up the rebooted storyline, makes the most sense. Both from a financial and creative perspective. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay, so, getting back on topic. I actually thought that Emma's sendoff was pretty good. I mean, she came by to see Henry, she helped save an alternate version of her husband, and she walked off into the sunset with her actual husband and a baby on the way. It's a great way to close off her character given the circumstances, even if it was a little short. And if Jennifer ever agrees to come back, then sure, I'm all for it---but if this really was Emma's final sendoff, then I'm still reasonably happy.

      I also wanted to point out something interesting that I noticed. Has anyone ever heard of the Spider-Man Clone Saga? You know, that big comic book mess that lasted way too long? Well, the original version of the saga had a different ending then the actual comic. Peter was supposed to retire and live happily with his pregnant wife while Ben Reilly (his clone) would pick up the mantle and softly reboot the character. That pretty much describes this situation---Hook and a pregnant Emma walk off to have their happy ending while Hook's "clone" sticks around to continue representing the pirate. I just thought that was interesting, especially considering that Marvel comic books were a pretty big thing with Henry in the first season. I don't know if that was intentional, but it's pretty interesting nevertheless.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • RandomGirl1995 wrote:

      Well, the original version of the saga had a different ending then the actual comic. Peter was supposed to retire and live happily with his pregnant wife while Ben Reilly (his clone) would pick up the mantle and softly reboot the character. That pretty much describes this situation---Hook and a pregnant Emma walk off to have their happy ending while Hook's "clone" sticks around to continue representing the pirate. 

      While I do not follow comics, I totally understand why you made connection. The showrunners probably were inspired by that storyline. The only difference, is the situation is reversed. ABC hoped Jennifer Morrison would renew her contract, because Emma Swan was originally meant to be a part of the reboot. When she left, they needed to figure out how to write her off, while still keeping Colin O'Donoghue. It is fairly obvious now, that Wish!Hook arc with his missing daughter, was originally planned for Emma and Hook. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      And what if that is not really her in the NEF but quite possibly Gothel or one of the coven witches in disguise just to get to Storybrooke to steal magic from Regina's and Gold's shop and vault? Quite possibly ep 11 and ep 13 might show and hint us what really happened.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Apologies for the very very late reply but I just found this thread. Anyway, my two cents.

      While I think the episode itself could have been a lot better (more focus on Emma mainly and less on the HH plot but thats personal preference) I think Emma's send off was great. In my humble opinion, the writers did the best they could with what they had.

      Emma's story ended with her going back to the home she shares with a man who respects and loves every inch of her, devoted and loving parents who care for her, good friends (Ella and August are still in SB, Ruby could come back and Elsa is a phone call away), a job she loves doing and a second chance at being a parent. Her bond with Henry is still strong and it's not like they're apart forever, he'll come home to her when he's found his story. She's home, she's safe, she's loved, which is all she has ever wanted.

      Plus, the way it was written leaves the door open for her to return should Jen want to come back.

      I was a happy Ugly Duckling. What more could you want?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat
      DracoWombat removed this reply because:
      It's not about the thread topic
      19:48, January 26, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • TIAB1234 wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      And what if that is not really her in the NEF but quite possibly Gothel or one of the coven witches in disguise just to get to Storybrooke to steal magic from Regina's and Gold's shop and vault? Quite possibly ep 11 and ep 13 might show and hint us what really happened.

      This is a nice place for us to discuss. As I said, what's the point of episode 2 if they need more episodes to reveal off-screen "what really happened to her". She was available for that episode, so why didn't they explain a whole lot of nothing? I doubt there is anything to explain, Henry is grown up, Emma is happy in SB, and she has no idea the others are in danger, sadly. I don't like it either, but there it is... off screen explanation. The conversation between Regina and Hook was just a red herring for us to think she was dead. Don't read too much into it, and stop telling me "you don't know for sure" as an argument, of course I don't know, I'm just guessing based on common sense.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:

      TIAB1234 wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/919265926846980096


      Interesting conversation. They will explain later in the season Emma's absence. lol, why, she was here... I mean, she was in the episode.

      And what if that is not really her in the NEF but quite possibly Gothel or one of the coven witches in disguise just to get to Storybrooke to steal magic from Regina's and Gold's shop and vault? Quite possibly ep 11 and ep 13 might show and hint us what really happened.

      This is a nice place for us to discuss. As I said, what's the point of episode 2 if they need more episodes to reveal off-screen "what really happened to her". She was available for that episode, so why didn't they explain a whole lot of nothing? I doubt there is anything to explain, Henry is grown up, Emma is happy in SB, and she has no idea the others are in danger, sadly. I don't like it either, but there it is... off screen explanation. The conversation between Regina and Hook was just a red herring for us to think she was dead. Don't read too much into it, and stop telling me "you don't know for sure" as an argument, of course I don't know, I'm just guessing based on common sense.

      Like I said in the other forum, believe all you want. I respect that. But that does not excuse what we were hinted to learn soon by the end of the season. I too am talking common sense as well.

      And I am not reading too much of it, I'm only trying to get ready for the upcoming unknown of what was hinted and what spoiled by a showrunner, or links to filming or some interviews (even though some are not truthful and don't give every detail) as well. Same kind of thing I am doing for other upcoming plots that need answering, like who the guardian really is, the return of Facilier and what his motivation is, who all the witches are, how Zelena/Robin got to the NEF, what will become of the tremaine girls (Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella), etc. I know we all are, since the other forums. And for the record, from what Adam has hinted, doesn't make the conversation between Regina and Hook sound like a red herring.

      Even if we get to learn what happened, it can always be revealed in words. similar to how Lancelot and the Dragon told or hinted their stories of their survival and hinting that villains (who say or think they killed them) like Cora lied about their so called deaths. It sometimes happens. I am not going to make any arguments, but I am just to wait and learn what happened. It will go either way, and I will accept which one it is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.

      It's been all but outright stated that this Dark Curse had a time travel element. That could be what they're referring to.

      Regina has said without explanation that they can't go to Storybrooke, so I feel like the former is a likely outcome.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.

      I feel like lately we cannot trust what Adam says on Twitter. Not because he is a liar but lately I feel like he will tell people whatever they want if it means they will go away.

      Which kinda sucks for Adam, because while I am not a fan of his writing (or the values reflected in it) he should not have to do that.

      Also, we trust what was onscreen over what may be said in the Twitterverse.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.
      I feel like lately we cannot trust what Adam says on Twitter. Not because he is a liar but lately I feel like he will tell people whatever they want if it means they will go away.

      Which kinda sucks for Adam, because while I am not a fan of his writing (or the values reflected in it) he should not have to do that.

      Also, we trust what was onscreen over what may be said in the Twitterverse.

      What was shown onscreen is that Henry has graduated high school when he leaves for the NEF, but the scenes in Hyperion Heights take place in 2017/18, 1-2 years before he would graduate high school. So in this case, what was said on Twitterverse is a functional explanation for the things happening on screen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.
      I feel like lately we cannot trust what Adam says on Twitter. Not because he is a liar but lately I feel like he will tell people whatever they want if it means they will go away.

      Which kinda sucks for Adam, because while I am not a fan of his writing (or the values reflected in it) he should not have to do that.

      Also, we trust what was onscreen over what may be said in the Twitterverse.

      What was shown onscreen is that Henry has graduated high school when he leaves for the NEF, but the scenes in Hyperion Heights take place in 2017/18, 1-2 years before he would graduate high school. So in this case, what was said on Twitterverse is a functional explanation for the things happening on screen.

      Well yes for things like that where some continuity errors need explaining.

      Not a huge conspiracy theory where it was the villain disguised as Emma. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Aine1989 wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      DracoWombat wrote:
      Aine1989 wrote:
      Maybe Adam was hinting at a reason why Henry couldn't contact Emma or she can't show up in HH?

      Or he was saying whatever would shut people up. 


      Most likely the latter.
      I feel like lately we cannot trust what Adam says on Twitter. Not because he is a liar but lately I feel like he will tell people whatever they want if it means they will go away.

      Which kinda sucks for Adam, because while I am not a fan of his writing (or the values reflected in it) he should not have to do that.

      Also, we trust what was onscreen over what may be said in the Twitterverse.

      What was shown onscreen is that Henry has graduated high school when he leaves for the NEF, but the scenes in Hyperion Heights take place in 2017/18, 1-2 years before he would graduate high school. So in this case, what was said on Twitterverse is a functional explanation for the things happening on screen.
      Well yes for things like that where some continuity errors need explaining.

      Not a huge conspiracy theory where it was the villain disguised as Emma. 

      I meant that as a continuation as my last post; the explanation for why we won't see Emma is that Regina cannot go to Storybrooke to get her without messing up the timeline, since the Emma who co-exists with Hyperion Heights is still living with 16-year-old Henry. When/If that is explicitly revealed, it will fulfill what Adam said would happen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's also possible everyone else is frozen while the curse is active.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's also possible everyone else is frozen while the curse is active.

      Yeah, perhaps Gothel/Drizella knew about the heroes' family in Storybrooke, and made the curse literally unbreakable, by making it impossible for them to ask for help in there.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Rapunzel wrote:
      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      It's also possible everyone else is frozen while the curse is active.
      Yeah, perhaps Gothel/Drizella knew about the heroes' family in Storybrooke, and made the curse literally unbreakable, by making it impossible for them to ask for help in there.

      Don't forget that in the first curse, everyone in the other magical realms was frozen, and Arendelle literally frozen until season 4, so they would only have to adress that with words. Storybrooke has magic too so it counts.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Now that we know Season 7 will be the final season, what are people's feelings about Jen returning for the series finale?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think she has to return. She owe it to the fans of the show.

      I mean after 6 years of fans supporting her work in the show, attending conventions, buying merchandise, etc, it would leave a bad impression if she doesn't accept to shot at least one last scene.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would like to see her back and reunited with Henry just to tie everything up

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'd really like it if she can return and we can see her with Hook and their baby.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't see why she can't return: she returned for the finales of House and HIMYM, she still attends to Once conventions, so I doubt she wouldn't return for a couple of days of filming, at least, even though I want her to be an active part in the final 2 episodes, I'd be okay with a couple of scenes. I did not like her return in 7x02, because I wanted to know why she was missing while her family was cursed and Henry was dying, and the episode explained a whole lot of nothing.

      Some people just say "don't get your hopes up or you'll be disappointed, she isn't coming back"... but I want to get my hopes up, if she doesn't return it's gonna be a big shock for me but I want to believe. If she won't be back, at least I'm sure they will use some archive footage of her and Hook's happy ending, with more characters in archive footage as well to at least remember them. Having an extra to play her in the back would be the absolute worst decision, it would be really disrespectful to her character and to Jen.

      Also, kinda off-topic but I dreamed that David and Snow returned before the finale, and Charming was killed off so he wouldn't be back for 7x22. No idea why I make these dreams.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      I think she has to return. She owe it to the fans of the show.

      I mean after 6 years of fans supporting her work in the show, attending conventions, buying merchandise, etc, it would leave a bad impression if she doesn't accept to shot at least one last scene.

      She owes nothing to anyone. She's a person who spent the last 7 years working with a group of people and decided to leave and focus on other things.

      This idea that acting works differently than any other job is distressing. Fandom feels to entitled to actors' time.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I don't see why she can't return: she returned for the finales of House and HIMYM, she still attends to Once conventions, so I doubt she wouldn't return for a couple of days of filming, at least, even though I want her to be an active part in the final 2 episodes, I'd be okay with a couple of scenes. I did not like her return in 7x02, because I wanted to know why she was missing while her family was cursed and Henry was dying, and the episode explained a whole lot of nothing.

      Some people just say "don't get your hopes up or you'll be disappointed, she isn't coming back"... but I want to get my hopes up, if she doesn't return it's gonna be a big shock for me but I want to believe. If she won't be back, at least I'm sure they will use some archive footage of her and Hook's happy ending, with more characters in archive footage as well to at least remember them. Having an extra to play her in the back would be the absolute worst decision, it would be really disrespectful to her character and to Jen.

      Also, kinda off-topic but I dreamed that David and Snow returned before the finale, and Charming was killed off so he wouldn't be back for 7x22. No idea why I make these dreams.

      They don't need Emma to be present to explain why they can't see each other. Regardlessly, I highly doubt JMo will want to come back... she's the one who decided to leave the show anyways. Especially since she's not in Vancouver anymore.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:

      Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I don't see why she can't return: she returned for the finales of House and HIMYM, she still attends to Once conventions, so I doubt she wouldn't return for a couple of days of filming, at least, even though I want her to be an active part in the final 2 episodes, I'd be okay with a couple of scenes. I did not like her return in 7x02, because I wanted to know why she was missing while her family was cursed and Henry was dying, and the episode explained a whole lot of nothing.

      Some people just say "don't get your hopes up or you'll be disappointed, she isn't coming back"... but I want to get my hopes up, if she doesn't return it's gonna be a big shock for me but I want to believe. If she won't be back, at least I'm sure they will use some archive footage of her and Hook's happy ending, with more characters in archive footage as well to at least remember them. Having an extra to play her in the back would be the absolute worst decision, it would be really disrespectful to her character and to Jen.

      Also, kinda off-topic but I dreamed that David and Snow returned before the finale, and Charming was killed off so he wouldn't be back for 7x22. No idea why I make these dreams.

      They don't need Emma to be present to explain why they can't see each other. Regardlessly, I highly doubt JMo will want to come back... she's the one who decided to leave the show anyways. Especially since she's not in Vancouver anymore.

      She decided to leave the show as a regular and even part time. But guesting for the series finale is a different thing entirely. I agree that they didn't need her to explain her absence, except they had her for 1 episode so why not explain it there? If she doesn't want to come back, I'll understand, but I'll blame the writers too because they had her for 1 episode and they literally wasted her at the beginning of the season, when they could have used her towards the end when we actually missed her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DracoWombat wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      I think she has to return. She owe it to the fans of the show.

      I mean after 6 years of fans supporting her work in the show, attending conventions, buying merchandise, etc, it would leave a bad impression if she doesn't accept to shot at least one last scene.

      She owes nothing to anyone. She's a person who spent the last 7 years working with a group of people and decided to leave and focus on other things.

      This idea that acting works differently than any other job is distressing. Fandom feels to entitled to actors' time.

      While I agree that she doesn't owe anyone anything, I disagree that acting works the same as other jobs. If you work in almost any other job besides acting, and you leave, they can have a person come in and replace you and do exactly the same work. In acting, having someone come in and replace you means they recast a character. Also, Jen has said the playing Emma was an amazing experience for her, if she truly feels that way, wouldn't she want to reprise the role of that character one last time in the series finale? The answer (for Jen) should be yes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She also said that she is VERY loyal to the show and protective towards Emma. In the her exit interview.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that Jen is pretty likely to return for the finale if she can fit the filming into her schedule. Like Chameleon said, she's loyal to the show and to Emma. This might just be wishful thinking, but I remember in one of her interviews she said she could only promise one episode, which implies she was open to doing more, but couldn't due to scheduling etc. Even if Jen isn't able to physically be in the finale, I believe the writers will pay tribute to her character in some way.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.