FANDOM


  • So currently we have it listed that Clorinda is based upon Anstasia Tremaine from Cinderella and Tisbe is based on Drizella. However, when question about the matter on Twitter, Jane confirmed they never intended either of them to correspond with another, nor did they think of them that way. The only Disney thing they took were some wardrobe nods, which would actually indicate the opposite (Tisbe wears pink and has bangs, Clorinda wears green with a green bow). So I am suggesting that we change it to "based on Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine", as opposed to one or the other.  This would be more correct and less speculative.

    NOTE: Since it is a discussion of two characters, I wasn't sure if it went in the comments for both or not.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • What's the source?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She confirmed it via Twitter. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Then, maybe it would be good to show us the tweet in question, you don't think? :) That's better when you try to make a point ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • http://twitter.com/JaneEspenson/status/786964337285931013 Here's where she confirms the wardrobe thing :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And here is where Jane confirms that they never intended either to be either: http://twitter.com/JaneEspenson/status/908510283101908992

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky
      Lady Junky removed this reply because:
      .
      19:04, September 19, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • So if anything, Clorinda is Drizella and Tisbe is Anastasia, since the styling is apparently all we have. But Jane says neither is either of the sisters specifically.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      http://twitter.com/JaneEspenson/status/786964337285931013 Here's where she confirms the wardrobe thing :)

      This is not "Jane confirmed they never intended either of them to correspond with another, nor did they think of them that way."

      Um, did you not see that there's another comment, maybe?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm going with "They do not correspond to Anastatisa and Drizella". Any small trivial point to try to decide which is based on which demonstrates an attempt to stretch out any notion that on elaready has. Plus, their pages don't even explain the reasoning of why they thought who was who.

      Clorinda and Tisbe are based on the Wicked Stepsisters from Cinderella(fairytale and Disney), with namesakes from La Cerentola.

      Jane expresses this as she says that they didn't have any thought to who is who, just that they didn't want so many Ellas, so they choose different names.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If anything, we can't and won't ignore the huge similarities between Anastasia and Clorinda.

      Jane says that they "didn't establish a correspondence or think of them in that way." To me, it mainly means that they never decide that this one was specifically their Drizella, and this one was specifically their Anastasia.

      However, we can deny the similarities between the characters. And that was already one of our previous consensus: Clorinda's storyline is really really similar to Anastasia. So yeah, she is not clearly based on Disney's Anastasia, as we thought.

      But, we have enough of elements to say that Clorinda is an allusion to Anastasia.

      The colors of their dresses do not matter here. As Jane said, they never clealry established which one is Ana/Drizzy. So, it only proves they gave the colors without thinking at a double meaning behind it. The colors are just supposed to be nods to the Disney versions of these characters. And not to say which one is that sister, as Jane explained.

      Howvever, what the writers chose are the storylines. That's a clear point. So, even if she is not based on her directly, we can say that she is an allusion to her. As the color of her clothes do not matter, the only important point is the story, and the story is pretty much clear.

      So, what we should do is:

      • Clorinda is based on the Evil Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella", and is an allusion to Anastasia from the Disney film Cinderella.
      • Tisbe is based on the Evil Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella", and is an allusion to Drizella from the Disney film Cinderella.

      We can always detail in the Trivia section why Clorinda is similar to Anastasia ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Lady.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady, what is the reasoning that Clorinda is more Anastasia than Drizella? It is just her plot in Cinderella 2 and 3?

      Besides that, I agree they are kind of just either/or, in regards to the classic story (where they are always interchangable anyway; the biggest difference in the Grimm version is one cuts off her heel and the other her toe) and the Disney movie. We can always just say "is based on Anastasia or Drizella" for both, that may just be easier and less argument inducing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Lady, what is the reasoning that Clorinda is more Anastasia than Drizella? It is just her plot in Cinderella 2 and 3?

      Just her plot? The entire character is about this storyline ^^' We made some allusions/references for a way less than that

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Lady, what is the reasoning that Clorinda is more Anastasia than Drizella? It is just her plot in Cinderella 2 and 3?
      Just her plot? The entire character is about this storyline ^^' We made some allusions/references for a way less than that

      My question was more is there anything in the original movie that makes her more one than the other, or just the direct-to-video sequels? Because I'm not sure how much stock we should put into the plot of the sequels, we haven't really in regards to any of the other characters on Once.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Lady, what is the reasoning that Clorinda is more Anastasia than Drizella? It is just her plot in Cinderella 2 and 3?
      Just her plot? The entire character is about this storyline ^^' We made some allusions/references for a way less than that
      My question was more is there anything in the original movie that makes her more one than the other, or just the direct-to-video sequels? Because I'm not sure how much stock we should put into the plot of the sequels, we haven't really in regards to any of the other characters on Once.


      You mean except Ursula's storyline being a copy/paste of The Little Mermaid 3? Yeah they are sequels, but come on. There are too many common elements to pretend they are just a coincidence.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What are the actual similarities between plot do the Clorinda and Anastasia and Tisbe and Drizella? Also, can we really say a character is based on or alludes to another character if it was not intended by the writers? Like, I just read a post on the forums about similarities between Once characters and Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters (click here to read thread). I can't just say Emma is based on Buffy without the writer's saying so. They just used similar character tropes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Let's go with the facts.

      Appearance: Both are brunettes, Clorinda is wearing green, Tisbe is wearing yellow. So, appearance says nothing.

      Story: 

      Cinderella 2: Anastasia falls in love with a baker, Lady Tremaine and Drizella disapprove. Ana goes to the ball with the Baker.

      Cinderella 3: Anastasia switches places with Cinderella.

      I think Clorinda liking a commoner is just a common story telling plotline. It's a stretch to say Clorinda liking the Prince's footman is anything like Anastatia falling in love with a baker. That wuld be like saying that Maleficent's agitation towards Stefan is a nod toward Disney's Maleficent (that one), which it really isn't.

      They can allude to the Wicked Stepsister and Ana and Drizzy, but there is nothing that is strong enough to prove either case. I can see why some may see Clorinda as Anastasia, but I think the case is too weak.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Let's go with the facts.

      Appearance: Both are brunettes, Clorinda is wearing green, Tisbe is wearing yellow. So, appearance says nothing.

      But Tisbe's hair has the bangs and curls like Ana, while Clorinda has the green bow and pulled back hairstyle. And at the ball, she dons green/yellow, while Tisbe has the pink.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think personally that it would be just fine to put "Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine". Clorinda's story more closely mirrors Anastasia, while her appearance is closer to Drizella. So they're probably a composite in a way of the two.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Let's go with the facts.

      Appearance: Both are brunettes, Clorinda is wearing green, Tisbe is wearing yellow. So, appearance says nothing.

      But Tisbe's hair has the bangs and curls like Ana, while Clorinda has the green bow and pulled back hairstyle. And at the ball, she dons green/yellow, while Tisbe has the pink.

      Clorinda's ballgown was more blue than anything, which I guess is closer to green than red (pink), but still. Ana from Wonderland was much more Ana from Cinderella (she wore a pink dress, then became the red queen, followed by the white queen, red + white = pink; plus the name) than Clorinda or Tisbe were either one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.

      They're def based on those two, I just think what Jane meant specifically was that they didn't base them specifically on Ana or Drizella. They just used the evil stepsisters idea. But I do think we should note that Clorinda is visually based on Drizella and Tisbe on Ana. Cause even in 1x04, Clorinda was clearly visually Drizella (it's not the same actress but it's still technically her).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.

      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.

      The mother being named Lady Tremaine and them wearing a pink and yellow dress is directly connected to Disney. They just aren't exactly "based" on them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.
      The mother being named Lady Tremaine and them wearing a pink and yellow dress is directly connected to Disney. They just aren't exactly "based" on them.

      Well, that was retconned as Chlorinda wears blue. Nevertheless, color scheme of a dress is pretty weak. Nonetheless, they are based on the Wicked Stepsisters, but who is who wasn't considered or thought of.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel like we should just add this to the trivia:
      Although not directly based on a stepsister from Disney'sCinderella, [Insert Stepsiter's name] has some physical and wardrobe similarities to [Insert Disney Stepsister's name]. However, her story is more similar to [Insert other Disney Stepsister's name].

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky
      Lady Junky removed this reply because:
      some answers were posted at the same time so my message was invivible
      02:56, September 20, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Did a little more research:

      Before Ball: Clorinda: Green wearing a bow (like Drizella), Tisbe: Yellow (Both Drizella colors)

      During Ball: Clorinda: Gold & Blue, Tisbe: Pink & Gold (Tisbe wearing Anastasia color, sorta)

      Plotline: Clorinda gets redemption is a sort of cliche way that Anastasia did, but not really. 

      Is there a baker? No. Is he a commoner? No. Is it a generic story twist? Yes.

      So, neither is strong case for one versus the other. The best way is what OUAT: The Darkness says, or DNK.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.
      The mother being named Lady Tremaine and them wearing a pink and yellow dress is directly connected to Disney. They just aren't exactly "based" on them.
      Well, that was retconned as Chlorinda wears blue. Nevertheless, color scheme of a dress is pretty weak. Nonetheless, they are based on the Wicked Stepsisters, but who is who wasn't considered or thought of.

      It's a yellowish-gold with blue lines lol. But yeah, I think a simple "she is based on the evil stepsisters from Cinderella and Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine from the Disney film" would do, imo. Cause the Lady Tremaine thing is enough to consider them Disney. I'm pretty sure she was just the Wicked Stepmother in the Fairy Tale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.


      So, you're saying we should ignore the entire storyline of the character just because it can be seen as a generic plot? Yet, we consider Leopold as an allusion to Aladdin because he found and used a magic lamp?

      Generic or not, the plot is the plot. And, even if she was not created for that purpose, the plot similarities between Clorinda and Anastasia are real. As I said, we are saying that some elements are references/allusions to other for a waaaaaay less than that.

      I'm sorry but we have to be logical on this one. If some characters are considered as allusions to other because of their storylines (generic or not), then Clorinda absolutely deserves to fall into that category. If you guys want to ignore Tisbe, fine. We can always argue she is just an evil stepsister.

      But, we really can't ignore Clorinda/Anastasia case. Again, her entire storyline is basically a rip off of Disney's Anastasia. The fact that it comes from a sequel does not matter, that's still the Disney character. And that would not be the first time that some of their stories are based on the sequels (cf Ursula and The Little Mermaid 3)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Another thing pointing to Clorinda/Drizella, is that Clorinda seemed to be the "favorite" daughter. She's the one who took point in her mother's torturing (burning the dress, taunting Jacob) much like Drizella. But that's hardly enough to go by and just something I noticed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      DatNuttyKid wrote:
      OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Why are we even debating this? If the writers didn't "establish a correspondence" between Clordinda and Tisbe nor did they "think of them in that way," we should remove it from the intro and just put the comparisons in the trivia. That just makes sense.
      This.

      Both pages should read that they are based on "one of the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella".

      This as well. Appearance doesn't connected much at all and the plot is pretty generic. Don't understand the push that they are based on the Disney ones, when they weren't.
      Yet, we consider Leopold as an allusion to Aladdin because he found and used a magic lamp?

      Allusion. We outright say that Clorinda is based on Anastasia lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Another thing pointing to Clorinda/Drizella, is that Clorinda seemed to be the "favorite" daughter. She's the one who took point in her mother's torturing (burning the dress, taunting Jacob) much like Drizella. But that's hardly enough to go by and just something I noticed.


      Absolutely nothing to do with the case. Clorinda gives this impression because she is the guest star, so more plot to her. Tisbe's actress was a co-star, so by definition she was meant to be less important.

      And learn to read all my messages before being like "Allusion". I did suggest to turn "Clorinda is an allusion to Anastasia" in my third message.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Another thing pointing to Clorinda/Drizella, is that Clorinda seemed to be the "favorite" daughter. She's the one who took point in her mother's torturing (burning the dress, taunting Jacob) much like Drizella. But that's hardly enough to go by and just something I noticed.

      Which is sort of my point. There are a number of things that can easily be used to say Clorinda is Drizella. 

      Clorinda as being Drizella: Pre-ball outfit, role amongst the sisters, Ball outfit lacking pink.

      Clorinda as Anasatisa: Sort of similar storyline

      Tisbe as Drizella: Pre-ball outfit, nonexistent storyline

      Tisbe as Anastasia: Ball-outfit having pink, role amongst sisters.

      I say that given that we don't have to put an allusion to a specific character we say "alluded on the Wicked Stepsisters" and then given trivia points, I guess. 

      Jane's response also says that they weren't even considering who was who when they wrote the episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, we definilty have to change it to alludes, even if we say they are based on Ana and Driz, they still only allude to them, as they have different names, and aren't wearing the signature colors. Like I said, Ana from Wonderland has much more in common to Ana in Cinderella, than Clorinda or Tisbe do to either one. Oh, and that includes her falling for a commoner (Will Scarlett).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay. So, I feel like making a point. A few weeks ago, I was telling my friends about a novel I was working on in my spare time. I explained the plot, and their immediate reaction was "Like X-Men." They began to point out all the similarities between the two, and I got annoyed. I had not intended to use X-Men as a beginning nor had intended to allude to it. This brings me to my poin. Can you really say I based my novel on X-Men or alluded to it. The same thing goes for Tisbe and Clorinda. Can you really say that the writers based the two characters on the Disney characters or alluded it?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      Okay. So, I feel like making a point. A few weeks ago, I was telling my friends about a novel I was working on in my spare time. I explained the plot, and their immediate reaction was "Like X-Men." They began to point out all the similarities between the two, and I got annoyed. I had not intended to use X-Men as a beginning nor had intended to allude to it. This brings me to my poin. Can you really say I based my novel on X-Men or alluded to it. The same thing goes for Tisbe and Clorinda. Can you really say that the writers based the two characters on the Disney characters or alluded it?


      Of course, we can. You're actually making a point for the other side of the argument.

      Maybe you did not do a reference, but the simple fact that a lot of people are seeing the same similarities between the two works clearly prove that an allusion is there. Wether you wanted it or not. You don't have to do it purposely, a lot of times we can allude at stuff we don't realize. And that's not like one or two persons are saying it, multiple people are seeing the same similarities and are saying it. Clearly proving that the allusion is there.

      And I don't know what your novel is about, but between OUAT and Disney, it is a waaaaay easier to make this kind of allusions. Are we saying they purposely make an allusion of Aladdin with Leopold? Not necessarily; but the allusion is still there.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The issue isn't the allusion, but the specificity of it. Tisbe and Clorinda allude to the Wicked Stepsisters, no more of one than the other. As I pointed out, both can pretty much allude to each other based on appearance and plot.

      We established Leopold as an allusion to Aladdin and noone is going to have a problem with that because   there's only one Aladdin in his story. Tisbe and Clorinda share aspects of both sisters based on Disney and are in general just based on the Wicked Stepsisters in general.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      The issue isn't the allusion, but the specificity of it. Tisbe and Clorinda allude to the Wicked Stepsisters, no more of one than the other. As I pointed out, both can pretty much allude to each other based on appearance and plot.

      We established Leopold as an allusion to Aladdin and noone is going to have a problem with that because   there's only one Aladdin in his story. Tisbe and Clorinda share aspects of both sisters based on Disney and are in general just based on the Wicked Stepsisters in general.


      That does not make any sense. Again, it would be completely ignoring what many people in the community/fandom have seen when they watched Clorinda. That's not something three people on the wiki are saying, a lot of people could tell you that they clearly saw the similarities between Clorinda and Anastasia. We did not invent it. People saw it when the episode aired.

      As I pointed out, the appearance can't be used in this case. Jane made it clear, these colors are supposed to be nods to the Disney characters. Not to specifically say this one is Drizella and this one is Anastasia. So, the appearances of these characters are not supposed to allude specifically to one character (as we notice it, Tisbe has the color of Drizella AND Anastasia).

      However, the plot is not a simple nod. The plot is not generic, it is a specific storyline for this character, whatever we may think of it. The similarities between Clorinda and Anastasia are real. And many people saw it. From the moment that multiple people saw these similarities, then clearly the allusion exist and is present. Maybe they did not do it on purpose, that's not the question. But if multiple fans are pointing out the same thing, the same similarities, that's a proof that something is there. And that's the allusion to Anastasia.

      You can think that the plot is generic, but again. The same stories? With the same sets of characters? That's not a coincidence. Maybe not a direct reference, but the allusion is there and fans themselves proved it already.

      You want another proof? Our Anastasia, the Red Queen, has basically the same storyline as Clorinda. Except for the name and the color of her clothes, she is the same as Clorinda (before Ana came to Wonderland). That's the same storyline, the same backstory. For Ana, there are a LOT of elements proving she is a reference, Clorinda has less elements. But, if Ana is a reference, then Clorinda is enough similar to her to be an allusion. Again, they are the same stories, clearly it is not meant to be a simple coincidence. They're both coming from Disney's Ana.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OUAT: The Darkness
      OUAT: The Darkness removed this reply because:
      I did not mean to post this.
      18:36, September 20, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • So what's the consenus? I still vote for adding "and on Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine" to both. Jane is repeatedly confirming that neither was specific to one or the another.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • No consensus. For now:

      • 1 person -> based on Anastasia and Drizella Tremaine on both characters
      • 3 persons -> allusion to Anastasia (for Clorinda)/allusion to Drizella (for Tisbe)
      • 3 persons -> delete the part about the Disney characters
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the best way to reach consensus (besides more voices) is to allude to both Anastasia and Drizella as Tyson says and we discussed that "neither was specific to one or the other".

      C and T are clearly based on the Wicked Stepsister from the fairytale and they can allude to both sisters. The only reason to remove the Disney part is because the pool of allusion is pretty shallow. If they had changed a few things, like hair/dress colors then the case would be stronger to do a specific allusion, but alas they didn't.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah. I agree with Eskaver. The best comprimise is to say that C and T are allusions to both D and A. I can honestly live with that. I don't know why I was arguing so strongly against it. XD 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't know where Lady was counting me before (if anywhere), but I agree they should both just say they allude to both. In trivia we can add things like Clorinda's plot is more similar to Ana's from the sequels, and how Clorinda's hair is more like Drizella's, while Tisbe's is more like Ana's, etc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I don't know where Lady was counting me before (if anywhere), but I agree they should both just say they allude to both. In trivia we can add things like Clorinda's plot is more similar to Ana's from the sequels, and how Clorinda's hair is more like Drizella's, while Tisbe's is more like Ana's, etc.

      Yep, my thought exactly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I don't know where Lady was counting me before (if anywhere), but I agree they should both just say they allude to both. In trivia we can add things like Clorinda's plot is more similar to Ana's from the sequels, and how Clorinda's hair is more like Drizella's, while Tisbe's is more like Ana's, etc.

      I agree with this! Just list both as basing and put the direct similarities in the trivia. Like "Tisbe's hairstyle and dress was inspired by Anastasia" or "Clorinda's storyline is similar to Anastasia's in [the sequel]".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So is this a consenus then? I don't know how these types of consensus' work but we all seem to mostly be agreeing on this...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      So is this a consenus then? I don't know how these types of consensus' work but we all seem to mostly be agreeing on this...


      Lol no x) 4 people agreeing on something while 2 other agree on something else is absolutely not a consensus x)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      So is this a consenus then? I don't know how these types of consensus' work but we all seem to mostly be agreeing on this...

      Lol no x) 4 people agreeing on something while 2 other agree on something else is absolutely not a consensus x)

      No one else seems to be commenting on the thread and our vote is the majority...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      So is this a consenus then? I don't know how these types of consensus' work but we all seem to mostly be agreeing on this...

      Lol no x) 4 people agreeing on something while 2 other agree on something else is absolutely not a consensus x)
      No one else seems to be commenting on the thread and our vote is the majority...


      Then, we wait more opinions because it is absolutely not a consensus x)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      So is this a consenus then? I don't know how these types of consensus' work but we all seem to mostly be agreeing on this...

      Lol no x) 4 people agreeing on something while 2 other agree on something else is absolutely not a consensus x)
      No one else seems to be commenting on the thread and our vote is the majority...

      Then, we wait more opinions because it is absolutely not a consensus x)

      Well, the thread has been up for almost a week. If people don't care enough to give an opinion we can't really just wait forever, because then nothing would ever get done on the wiki. I feel like this happens often on here to. We talk about something, are told (usually by you and usually when you disagree with the majority ruling) to wait until we get more opinions, and then nothing ever gets changed, because everyone just forgets about it. I know your not from the US, but I think you will still understand this example: Many people didn't vote in the US presidential election...

      So right now, even if it's not by a lot of votes, the people saying to do that both allude to both are winning. If no one else is going to give their opinion, they lose their chance to give one, just like in an election. So the majority vote would be the consensus.

      (MOD: Edited because it is very tangential)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • .... Are you seriously comparing THIS to Trump's victory? x) No need to make things look disproportionate x) It makes the argument a bit out of the place x)

      4 people against 2 is just not a consensus, it had never been see as a consensus on the wiki. Our rules are pretty clear: the consensus must be as clear as possible. Currently, that's not even the level for a consensus for a pic or a quote, and we know this is our lowest level of required consensus.

      And... If I am the one who tell people to wait until we get more opinions, we know you're the one who just can't wait for anything CDA :) So, maybe it is not about me asking to wait more opinions, right? :) Oh, and you're also the one who try to imply fake stuff about me (because I also say we need more opinions, even when the majority agree with me - cf S7 counterparts discussion ^^), so thank you for that x)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would refrain from bringing up politics, which is very divisive and completely unrelated.

      It’s only be a number of hours since the new proposal got 4-2 anyway. There’s no need to rush to get a result that you approve of and prevent discussion and participation from taking place. If the proposal is pretty much favored, a few more days won’t hurt. (Plus, I’d expect activity to vary during the hiatus).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don’t know where my vote got placed, but I want to make it clear that I agree with saying the Clorinda and Tisbe allude to both Anastasia and Drizella. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OUAT: The Darkness wrote:
      I don’t know where my vote got placed, but I want to make it clear that I agree with saying the Clorinda and Tisbe allude to both Anastasia and Drizella. 


      You made yourself very clear already ^^ If you count, you're already in the four people ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Sorry. Just wanted to make sure.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Don"t worry :) It is better to make our opinion as clear as possible :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      I would refrain from bringing up politics, which is very divisive and completely unrelated.

      It’s only be a number of hours since the new proposal got 4-2 anyway. There’s no need to rush to get a result that you approve of and prevent discussion and participation from taking place. If the proposal is pretty much favored, a few more days won’t hurt. (Plus, I’d expect activity to vary during the hiatus).

      While the specifics were unrelated, the point is valid. If people choose not to vote, they can't complain about the results. And if only 6 people wind up voting, and the vote is 4 to 2, 4 is the majority vote. We can wait a bit longer, but I'm not sure we will get any more opinions. If you look at other threads, you can see many users have commented on various things in the past 6 days, yet we have very few here. If we really need more opinions, I suggest we highlight this thread, so more people notice it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      I would refrain from bringing up politics, which is very divisive and completely unrelated.

      It’s only be a number of hours since the new proposal got 4-2 anyway. There’s no need to rush to get a result that you approve of and prevent discussion and participation from taking place. If the proposal is pretty much favored, a few more days won’t hurt. (Plus, I’d expect activity to vary during the hiatus).

      While the specifics were unrelated, the point is valid. If people choose not to vote, they can't complain about the results. And if only 6 people wind up voting, and the vote is 4 to 2, 4 is the majority vote. We can wait a bit longer, but I'm not sure we will get any more opinions. If you look at other threads, you can see many users have commented on various things in the past 6 days, yet we have very few here. If we really need more opinions, I suggest we highlight this thread, so more people notice it.

      This really isn't that big a thing. Unless you can assure that people are choosing not to particpate, the point is moot anyway you twist it. (Plus, that's a strawman: highlighted)

      Look at it this way: It stays 4 to 2 for a week or so, then we can decide from there. C & T aren't high-trafficked spots for people to get information. They are minor characters that we are discussing a small matter about.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I definitely agree with CDA here. This is the problem in this wiki. Sometimes, people really just don't care. And if they choose to not give their opinions (because it's also their right), then we cannot wait for them forever. And I believe this has to be changed for all the discussions. But... the thing I disagree is that it's been only 1 week. Maybe a 1 month will do. That's just my opinion. But I strongly believe that the policies HAVE to be changed for that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CadoDoan wrote:
      I definitely agree with CDA here. This is the problem in this wiki. Sometimes, people really just don't care. And if they choose to not give their opinions (because it's also their right), then we cannot wait for them forever. And I believe this has to be changed for all the discussions. But... the thing I disagree is that it's been only 1 week. Maybe a 1 month will do. That's just my opinion. But I strongly believe that the policies HAVE to be changed for that.

      When dicussing the time frame: 

      I proposed an option 2 days ago, it is at 4 to 2 currently. I think we should have a timeframe to complete the process. I really don't think waiting at least until the end of the week is that bad.

      Maybe elsewhere we can establish a policy of how long until an issue passes with a majority. (3...5...7 days until finalization?) And majority should win in the case of lack of a practical consensus. In this case, I proposed a middle ground solution and there wasn't much discussion against it following it.

      I agree with the issue is waiting "forever" to finalize a discussion, but I don't think we should just rush things as soon as a majority is met. I do agree with CDA at least in response to finalizing the result. If any proposal has a majority, we should not wait around for weeks to see if it changes. If it was really pressing, then the topic could simply be reintroduced. 

      Currently:

      Esk, CDA, OUAT, Tyson (4) with the current resolution. Don't really know where we get 4 to 2 as there were no objections, but hey, it's 4 to 2. 

      I think if nothing of note changes in a week, the majority decision should be accepted. There's a difference between large scale wiki changes and changing two sentences on two minor characters' pages.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This is not the place to discuss that, so can we stay on topic please? ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Although honestly I don't really even see why we are still even having a discussion when the writer of the episode, Jane, herself said it but okay lol. We can wait a little longer.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think they didn't named them "Anastasia" and "Drizella" because they knew they would do the 'requel' for S7 and it would have Drizella. Any threads on Anastasia from Wonderland being Cinderella's other stepsister?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Well they are Lady Tremaine's daughters so they're definitely from Disney in that sense. But I think that's about it other than the similarities in clothing between Ana/Tisbe and Drizella/Clorinda.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Does anyone know how to contact Edruardo Castro? We can ask him if the costume coloring was intentional.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I messaged him on his Facebook account. If we can find out whether or not the dresses and hairbow/bangs were intentional, it may could help us decide a bit better.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.


      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eduardo said the costumes in "The Other Shoe" weren't intentional. I asked him if it was in "The Price of Gold" so we'll see.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.

      Disagree with this. Like I said, they don't correspond specifically with one of them but they are still based from Anastasia and Drizella. There was no Lady Tremaine in the original story, that's from Disney. So just by that they are based on Anastasia and Drizella.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.
      Disagree with this. Like I said, they don't correspond specifically with one of them but they are still based from Anastasia and Drizella. There was no Lady Tremaine in the original story, that's from Disney. So just by that they are based on Anastasia and Drizella.


      Not because the mother is based on the Disney character, that it is the same for her daughters. Jane tweeted kind of proved it. And you're wrong, if they were based on Ana and Drizella, as you said, we would not have this discussion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.
      Disagree with this. Like I said, they don't correspond specifically with one of them but they are still based from Anastasia and Drizella. There was no Lady Tremaine in the original story, that's from Disney. So just by that they are based on Anastasia and Drizella.

      Not because the mother is based on the Disney character, that it is the same for her daughters. Jane tweeted kind of proved it. And you're wrong, if they were based on Ana and Drizella, as you said, we would not have this discussion.

      Actually you're wrong. We're having this discussion because you argued that Clorinda was Anastasia. And yes, if their mother is based on the Disney character, then by default they are too. Even if just by that point. We don't have it listed as "Clorinda is based on this specific stepsister from Cinderella", we have it listed as based on the Evil Stepsisters. I see no problem with just doing that for the Ana/Drizella part as well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • There was also no Gus in the original. Just a rat. So very clearly all of this was taken from Disney except the names of Anastasia and Drizella and they didn't specify who was who.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    •   Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.
      Disagree with this. Like I said, they don't correspond specifically with one of them but they are still based from Anastasia and Drizella. There was no Lady Tremaine in the original story, that's from Disney. So just by that they are based on Anastasia and Drizella.

      Not because the mother is based on the Disney character, that it is the same for her daughters. Jane tweeted kind of proved it. And you're wrong, if they were based on Ana and Drizella, as you said, we would not have this discussion.
      Actually you're wrong. We're having this discussion because you argued that Clorinda was Anastasia. And yes, if their mother is based on the Disney character, then by default they are too. Even if just by that point. We don't have it listed as "Clorinda is based on this specific stepsister from Cinderella", we have it listed as based on the Evil Stepsisters. I see no problem with just doing that for the Ana/Drizella part as well.


      I'm not here to play your little sick game on who's wrong or not.

      The tweet - the one you asked yourself  - made it pretty clear. They have no relation to the Disney characters. In their creative process, they have never been thought as related to the Disney characters. As Killian said it himself, that is a clear point from Jane.

      So, now the question is simple: either we're ignoring Jane or not. But, we're not going to adapt what she is saying to make it fit to some personal opinions.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote: I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Agree.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:
      I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Then, we're back at the original situation? We just keep "based on the Evil Stepsis from the fairytales"; we delete any Disney-related part from that intro, and we explain everything in the trivia section.
      Disagree with this. Like I said, they don't correspond specifically with one of them but they are still based from Anastasia and Drizella. There was no Lady Tremaine in the original story, that's from Disney. So just by that they are based on Anastasia and Drizella.

      Not because the mother is based on the Disney character, that it is the same for her daughters. Jane tweeted kind of proved it. And you're wrong, if they were based on Ana and Drizella, as you said, we would not have this discussion.
      Actually you're wrong. We're having this discussion because you argued that Clorinda was Anastasia. And yes, if their mother is based on the Disney character, then by default they are too. Even if just by that point. We don't have it listed as "Clorinda is based on this specific stepsister from Cinderella", we have it listed as based on the Evil Stepsisters. I see no problem with just doing that for the Ana/Drizella part as well.

      I'm not here to play your little sick game on who's wrong or not.

      The tweet - the one you asked yourself  - made it pretty clear. They have no relation to the Disney characters. In their creative process, they have never been thought as related to the Disney characters. As Killian said it himself, that is a clear point from Jane.

      So, now the question is simple: either we're ignoring Jane or not. But, we're not going to adapt what she is saying to make it fit to some personal opinions.

      1. "either we're ignoring Jane or not." I told you this originally and you said "we need a discussion" first and "make it fit to some personal opinions." You were the one arguing with all of us because you said she was based on Anastasia. Please make up your mind don't try to act like we're all the wrong ones lol.

      2. Jane did not say that. She said they didn't decide who is who. Never once did she say they weren't based on the Disney's, she said they weren't specifically based on one or the other. Heck, the simple fact that they considered naming one of them Drizella is another point that they are from Disney.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • EvilWitch wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote: I think the tweets make it clear that there is no relation between Clorinda/Tisbe and Drizella/Anastasia. Any similarity is a coincidence and could be noted in the trivia, in my opinion.

      Agree.


      Well, if the storyline is not a major point for so many people, I agree too.

      Better to keep everything Disney-related in the trivia section.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • To actually further the discussion toward a consensus, I guess let's get a tally:

      Choice A

      "[insert name] is based on the Wicked Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella", all other points noted in trivia

      - All other points include the Disney related items

      Choice B

      "[insert name] is based on the Wicked Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella" and alludes to the Wicked Stepsisters from the Disney Film Cinderella", all other points noted in trivia

      - All other points include the specific Disney related items as allusions relatively are subjective

      Choice C

      "[insert name] is based on the Evil Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella" and on Anastasia and Drizella from the Disney film "Cinderella" "

      - Described by Tyson

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Choice A

      My proposal was pretty much Choice B to reconcile both sides, but allusions are very subjective and any such stuff can be placed in the trivia section. I think Choice A is sort of what Killian proposed (correct me if I'm wrong).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, now we're 4 people for A and 3 people for B

      We're far from having any consensus x)

      • Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, Me
      • Choice B: OUAT: The Darkness, CDA, Tyson
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      To actually further the discussion toward a consensus, I guess let's get a tally:

      Choice A

      "[insert name] is based on the Wicked Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella", all other points noted in trivia

      - All other points include the Disney related items

      Choice B

      "[insert name] is based on the Wicked Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella" and alludes to the Wicked Stepsisters from the Disney Film Cinderella", all other points noted in trivia

      - All other points include the specific Disney related items as allusions relatively are subjective

      Choice C

      Other

      - Described by the individual

      Choice C

      "[insert name] is based on the Evil Stepsisters from the fairytale "Cinderella" and on Anastasia and Drizella from the Disney film "Cinderella" "

        Preparing Editor Spell
      • Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, Me
      • Choice B: OUAT: The Darkness, CDA
      • Choice C: Tyson

      So now, we're back to a little majority.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm good with B or C. I do think we should recognize that they do play the same role as Ana and Driz, even without the names, so I think acknologing that in the top part makes the most sense, because otherwise we are really going to pick characters apart, like is Thomas really similar to Prince Charming from the Disney movie, etc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wait I didn't realize Choice A was back on the table. I'm switching my vote to it. It's what I originally argued for.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't like Choice A, because they we have to reevaluate a whole bunch of other characters. Like I said, Thomas isn't really similar to the animated movie's Prince Charming, anymore than Clorinda and Tisbe are to Ana and Driz.

        Preparing Editor Spell
      • Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, OUAT: The Darkness, Me
      • Choice B: CDA
      • Choice C: Tyson, CDA

      5 VS 1 VS 2

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I don't like Choice A, because they we have to reevaluate a whole bunch of other characters. Like I said, Thomas isn't really similar to the animated movie's Prince Charming, anymore than Clorinda and Tisbe are to Ana and Driz.

      Um, no, I'm pretty sure we don't.

      Question based on Disney: Thomas/ Clorinda and Tisbe

      Dressed like them: Yes/ Dependent as they conflict characters

      Reference to character: Yes (they literally refer to his canonical Disney)/ Not really

      Plot similarity: Yes/ Sorta

      Thomas is a solid three checks, Clorinda and Tisbe aren't.  Plus, we aren't discussing Thomas here.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lol but you guys are completely ignoring my point: There is no Lady Tremaine in the original fairytale. Just a wicked stepmother. These are the daughters of Lady Tremaine, thus based on Ana and Drizella if even by those standards. And I mean think about it: How much characterization were they really given in the original film? Most of that came from the sequels.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lol but you guys are completely ignoring my point: There is no Lady Tremaine in the original fairytale. Just a wicked stepmother. These are the daughters of Lady Tremaine, thus based on Ana and Drizella if even by those standards. And I mean think about it: How much characterization were they really given in the original film? Most of that came from the sequels.

      This point is fair too. They are alluding to the stepsisters, just by being related to Lady Tremaine (who is very clearly refering the Disney character).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lol but you guys are completely ignoring my point: There is no Lady Tremaine in the original fairytale. Just a wicked stepmother. These are the daughters of Lady Tremaine, thus based on Ana and Drizella if even by those standards. And I mean think about it: How much characterization were they really given in the original film? Most of that came from the sequels.
      This point is fair too. They are alluding to the stepsisters, just by being related to Lady Tremaine (who is very clearly refering the Disney character).

      Lol, you two are arguing two different things. Based on != Alluding to

      I obviously see allusion as a possibility, but Jane's words pretty much cements that they can't be based on them. That's why we use Allusion (reference to). 

      Snow saying that Thomas can't be Charming is a reference to Disney's Cinderella's Prince (which eventually became Prince Charming). That's an allusion.

      Tremaine having two daughters isn't an allusion Disney as the Wicked Stepmother tends to have two daughters in nearly every incarnation of Cinderella.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Tysonjackson wrote:
      Lol but you guys are completely ignoring my point: There is no Lady Tremaine in the original fairytale. Just a wicked stepmother. These are the daughters of Lady Tremaine, thus based on Ana and Drizella if even by those standards. And I mean think about it: How much characterization were they really given in the original film? Most of that came from the sequels.
      This point is fair too. They are alluding to the stepsisters, just by being related to Lady Tremaine (who is very clearly refering the Disney character).
      Lol, you two are arguing two different things. Based on != Alluding to

      I obviously see allusion as a possibility, but Jane's words pretty much cements that they can't be based on them. That's why we use Allusion (reference to). 

      Snow saying that Thomas can't be Charming is a reference to Disney's Cinderella's Prince (which eventually became Prince Charming). That's an allusion.

      Tremaine having two daughters isn't an allusion Disney as the Wicked Stepmother tends to have two daughters in nearly every incarnation of Cinderella.

      Lol but you are still not getting my point. It isn't about the characterization of them. Her having two daughters isn't an allusion to Disney specifically, you are right. Her name being Tremaine makes it one though. Get what I'm saying? Drizella Tremaine from Season 7 may not have any specific similarities with Drizella from the film, but her name makes her an adaption of the character.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Except Tremaine is the name of the mother, the daughters do not have this name as far as we know. If we keep all the facts, they are just Clorinda and Tisbe, and that's zero related to the Disney film.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Except Tremaine is the name of the mother, the daughters do not have this name as far as we know. If we keep all the facts, they are just Clorinda and Tisbe, and that's zero related to the Disney film.

      This. Clorinda and Tisbe aren't labelled with the name Tremaine and we have no idea how the naming convention works.

      The fact that we have to stretch for rreferences for the characters says that they can't be based on them and that it's a bit of a stretch to call them allusions. If the writers wanted, they would have been more heavy handed. 

      If categorized traits:

      Appearance: Tremaine is really close, Thomas is pretty close

      Name: Tremaine is exactly the same, Thomas' is referred to in passing (by Snow)

      Plot: Both are pretty much exactly the same: Tremaine wants royalty, Thomas's father wants grandchildren, Thomas finds Cinderella, etc.

      We have to stretch things to count appearance and plot, which is barely an allusion at that point.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Except Tremaine is the name of the mother, the daughters do not have this name as far as we know. If we keep all the facts, they are just Clorinda and Tisbe, and that's zero related to the Disney film.
      This. Clorinda and Tisbe aren't labelled with the name Tremaine and we have no idea how the naming convention works.

      The fact that we have to stretch for rreferences for the characters says that they can't be based on them and that it's a bit of a stretch to call them allusions. If the writers wanted, they would have been more heavy handed. 

      If categorized traits:

      Appearance: Tremaine is really close, Thomas is pretty close

      Name: Tremaine is exactly the same, Thomas' is referred to in passing (by Snow)

      Plot: Both are pretty much exactly the same: Tremaine wants royalty, Thomas's father wants grandchildren, Thomas finds Cinderella, etc.

      We have to stretch things to count appearance and plot, which is barely an allusion at that point.

      It is still an allusion. Don't forget, they were even considering naming (probably) Clorinda: Drizella. They aren't strong allusions, but they do fill the same roles as in the Disney movie.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Except Tremaine is the name of the mother, the daughters do not have this name as far as we know. If we keep all the facts, they are just Clorinda and Tisbe, and that's zero related to the Disney film.
      This. Clorinda and Tisbe aren't labelled with the name Tremaine and we have no idea how the naming convention works.

      The fact that we have to stretch for rreferences for the characters says that they can't be based on them and that it's a bit of a stretch to call them allusions. If the writers wanted, they would have been more heavy handed. 

      If categorized traits:

      Appearance: Tremaine is really close, Thomas is pretty close

      Name: Tremaine is exactly the same, Thomas' is referred to in passing (by Snow)

      Plot: Both are pretty much exactly the same: Tremaine wants royalty, Thomas's father wants grandchildren, Thomas finds Cinderella, etc.

      We have to stretch things to count appearance and plot, which is barely an allusion at that point.

      It is still an allusion. Don't forget, they were even considering naming (probably) Clorinda: Drizella. They aren't strong allusions, but they do fill the same roles as in the Disney movie.

      This. The rest of you are still not getting my point even though I have explained it about a hundred times lol. You keep arguing saying things like "but that's not their names", etc. I know but it's still their mother's name, which makes them adaptions by default. Loose adaptions but still an adaption. If they wanted to alienate themselves from Disney for this one, they would've changed Tremaine's name as well, and would not have referenced Ana and Drizella visually.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If they would have used Drizella for one of them but kept Clorinda/Tisbe for the other would you guys still be arguing that the other one wasn't based on Anastasia because of that? I'm sure not.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We don't discuss hypothetical situations. The wiki is a source of information, not a compilation of everything we think/speculate/theorize.

      The discussion isn't "What if they kept the names" or "Mother's name so...their name?". We work with the facts presented.

      Are their names Anastasia and Drizella? No, not even mentioned in passing. Jane mentioning their process of choosing names doesn't make it any different. 

      Do they resemble the characters? Barely. This was already discussed.

      Are their stories similar enough to warrant an allusion? Maybe.

      However, they aren't based on/ adapted from Disney's Wicked Stepsisters just because of who their mother is. There's not enough information to establish that. We can't say that Poseidon is Zeus and Hades' brother on Once because it was never shown to be the case. We can't say Ariel's father is Triton because there's no information that says so. Thus, we can't assume that Clorinda and Tisbe share the same last name as Lady Tremaine.

      A possible middle ground is to say loosely inspired by/alluded to the Wicked Stepsisters from the Disney film, but I think allusions are used a little too generously.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      We don't discuss hypothetical situations. The wiki is a source of information, not a compilation of everything we think/speculate/theorize.

      The discussion isn't "What if they kept the names" or "Mother's name so...their name?". We work with the facts presented.

      Are their names Anastasia and Drizella? No, not even mentioned in passing. Jane mentioning their process of choosing names doesn't make it any different. 

      Do they resemble the characters? Barely. This was already discussed.

      Are their stories similar enough to warrant an allusion? Maybe.

      However, they aren't based on/ adapted from Disney's Wicked Stepsisters just because of who their mother is. There's not enough information to establish that. We can't say that Poseidon is Zeus and Hades' brother on Once because it was never shown to be the case. We can't say Ariel's father is Triton because there's no information that says so. Thus, we can't assume that Clorinda and Tisbe share the same last name as Lady Tremaine.

      A possible middle ground is to say loosely inspired by/alluded to the Wicked Stepsisters from the Disney film, but I think allusions are used a little too generously.

      Here is the definition of an allusion: an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.

      I definitely think the stepsisters do this enough to allude to the Disney movie characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      We don't discuss hypothetical situations. The wiki is a source of information, not a compilation of everything we think/speculate/theorize.

      The discussion isn't "What if they kept the names" or "Mother's name so...their name?". We work with the facts presented.

      Are their names Anastasia and Drizella? No, not even mentioned in passing. Jane mentioning their process of choosing names doesn't make it any different. 

      Do they resemble the characters? Barely. This was already discussed.

      Are their stories similar enough to warrant an allusion? Maybe.

      However, they aren't based on/ adapted from Disney's Wicked Stepsisters just because of who their mother is. There's not enough information to establish that. We can't say that Poseidon is Zeus and Hades' brother on Once because it was never shown to be the case. We can't say Ariel's father is Triton because there's no information that says so. Thus, we can't assume that Clorinda and Tisbe share the same last name as Lady Tremaine.

      A possible middle ground is to say loosely inspired by/alluded to the Wicked Stepsisters from the Disney film, but I think allusions are used a little too generously.

      Here is the definition of an allusion: an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly; an indirect or passing reference.

      I definitely think the stepsisters do this enough to allude to the Disney movie characters.

      I think it's a possibility. I guess we'll have to see how the conversation progresses. Lol, the writers make these things so unintentionally difficult.

        Preparing Editor Spell
      • Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, OUAT: The Darkness, Me
      • Choice B: CDA
      • Choice C: Tyson, CDA

      This is the result since two days. Let's wait a bit more to see if we'll get more opinions. But, for now, we have a clear majority for Choice A.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Choice A

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Choice A

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Soo...? I still think we should note their similarities to Ana and Drizella but it's not even that big of a deal anymore honestly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
      • Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, OUAT: The Darkness, Ruben, Gusey, Me
      • Choice B: CDA
      • Choice C: Tyson, CDA

      Well, 3 days since the last vote. More than 2 weeks of discussion.

      7 VS 1 VS 2 is a clear consensus for Choice A. We delete any Disney mention in the intro sentence and we add everything in the trivia section.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      *Choice A: Killian, Eskaver, EvilWitch, OUAT: The Darkness, Ruben, Gusey, Me
      • Choice B: CDA
      • Choice C: Tyson, CDA

      Well, 3 days since the last vote. More than 2 weeks of discussion.

      7 VS 1 VS 2 is a clear consensus for Choice A. We delete any Disney mention in the intro sentence and we add everything in the trivia section.

      Fair enough. We know were getting much stronger examples of Ana and Driz in Season 7 anyway.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.