FANDOM


  • The show told us that TBF created dark magic, but it already existed long before, with the dark ones,when Nimue ripped out Vortigan's heart. In that time, Fiona wasn't even born, so how did she creat dark magic?

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nah, sort of started on the wrong foot. Fiona says, "I practically invented dark magic."

      Given her backstory, age, and the obvious fact that the Dark Ones existed around 300 years prior (Rumple's about 200, which equals the 500 years the DO existed), Fiona is more like the person who takes credit for innovating just because she can.

      I think/theorize that no human could use innate/learned personal magic before she became Black Fairy. See here: http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:324088

      So, Nimue and all the ones up to Zoso (DO during Fiona's human life) all used magic, but they were monstrous beings whose humanity was soon forgotten. Tigerlily says that she had the power of which no mere human could compare. It would seem that there were no magic users/ at least dark magic users at that time. The earliest DM user (possibly) is Fendrake the Healer and he is certainly younger or close to Rumple's age.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, makes perfect sense. I've been thinking that when Fiona became TBF and created the dark fairy dust it made dark magic start to exhale from them, making possible for humans to use DM

      Thank you for clearing things up!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A magia é alimentada por emoções, tornando-se uma manifestação da vontade do usuário. O DM é feito com emoções negativas e, usando muita magia com emoções negativas, a pessoa se corrompe e corrompe sua magia no processo.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DamonHerondale18 wrote:
      A magia é alimentada por emoções, tornando-se uma manifestação da vontade do usuário. O DM é feito com emoções negativas e, usando muita magia com emoções negativas, a pessoa se corrompe e corrompe sua magia no processo.

      Oi. Eu sou brasileiro também. Aqui no fórum a gente só fala em inglês, pra que todo mundo possa entender ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that she was just bragging myself.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's more a reference to her boasting of her power since she studied Dark Magic for a very very long time in the dark realm(if you do the math it she could be thousands or millions of years old chronologically speaking cos of how time works in the Dark Realm. 1 day in LMW = 28 years there and she's been there for at least 200 years. I think that would put her at least at 2 million year old.) But did she invent Dark Magic? No, she did not. It hard to define what is considered dark magic anyway. It's not like we have articles for Light or Dark magic and what types of magic fit into either unlike HP where we have a more definite idea.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I posted on her page.

      I think Fiona meant that she created dark magic...as in the Dark Curse, well practically as it was just two ancient spells.

      Once uses magic as a catch all term annoyingly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      I posted on her page.

      I think Fiona meant that she created dark magic...as in the Dark Curse, well practically as it was just two ancient spells.

      Once uses magic as a catch all term annoyingly.

      Could be that too but we know she definitely didn't create Dark Magic in the first place.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • StargateFanBB wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:
      I posted on her page.

      I think Fiona meant that she created dark magic...as in the Dark Curse, well practically as it was just two ancient spells.

      Once uses magic as a catch all term annoyingly.

      Could be that too but we know she definitely didn't create Dark Magic in the first place.

      Once uses magic to mean spell, potion, etc.

      So, chances are they meant Fiona to be implying the Dark Curse. In the same episode, Gold says that all darkness Emma faced was born from Fiona, but what he means through context is Dark Curse as she has nothing to do with individual darkness.

      So, at the end of the day, it’s because the writers use a lot of catch all terms.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      StargateFanBB wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:
      I posted on her page.

      I think Fiona meant that she created dark magic...as in the Dark Curse, well practically as it was just two ancient spells.

      Once uses magic as a catch all term annoyingly.

      Could be that too but we know she definitely didn't create Dark Magic in the first place.
      Once uses magic to mean spell, potion, etc.

      So, chances are they meant Fiona to be implying the Dark Curse. In the same episode, Gold says that all darkness Emma faced was born from Fiona, but what he means through context is Dark Curse as she has nothing to do with individual darkness.

      So, at the end of the day, it’s because the writers use a lot of catch all terms.

      Or just inconsistent writing. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • StargateFanBB wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      StargateFanBB wrote:


      Eskaver wrote:
      I posted on her page.

      I think Fiona meant that she created dark magic...as in the Dark Curse, well practically as it was just two ancient spells.

      Once uses magic as a catch all term annoyingly.

      Could be that too but we know she definitely didn't create Dark Magic in the first place.
      Once uses magic to mean spell, potion, etc.

      So, chances are they meant Fiona to be implying the Dark Curse. In the same episode, Gold says that all darkness Emma faced was born from Fiona, but what he means through context is Dark Curse as she has nothing to do with individual darkness.

      So, at the end of the day, it’s because the writers use a lot of catch all terms.

      Or just inconsistent writing. 

      In this case, it's just their cath all terms.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She most likely just simply cultivated Dark Magic a great deal to the point that much of its development was due to her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.