FANDOM


  • Since there's no magic, would it be possible to him to control people as he did in EF??

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't think so; he can control the Worlds that are "fictionlands" of sorts. But the LWM doesn't tell a story, so there's nothing for him to control

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We've seen him control LWM when he made himself a best seller author.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That may not have been a "control", per se. The book could have been a legitimate best seller.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      That may not have been a "control", per se. The book could have been a legitimate best seller.

      Less than an hour?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      Utter solitude wrote:
      That may not have been a "control", per se. The book could have been a legitimate best seller.
      Less than an hour?

      Isaac also said that he broke the cardinal rule of using the quil to write his own happy ending. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • True, just felt to me like the timeframe was ambiguous, like it is usually is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Speaking as an avid reader, I personally wouldn't enjoy a book like "Heroes and Villains." Some of Issac's ideas were dumb, like switching Regina and Snow so completely right down to their ages. Why? And why does Snow need magic?  I mean, how would people see that as a revamped Snow White when it hardly resembles the character the people of LWM know? Basically, I think the Au was a good idea done badly by Issac{really A+e.} Okay, off-topic rant over. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Avatar Beta wrote: Speaking as an avid reader, I personally wouldn't enjoy a book like "Heroes and Villains." Some of Issac's ideas were dumb, like switching Regina and Snow so completely right down to their ages. Why? And why does Snow need magic?  I mean, how would people see that as a revamped Snow White when it hardly resembles the character the people of LWM know? Basically, I think the Au was a good idea done badly by Issac{really A+e.} Okay, off-topic rant over. 

      Isaac's book was so dumb and made no sense, it was supposed to be about how the villains get happy endings and the heroes lose...but he just made Snow and co the villains, while Rumple (and for some reason Regina) were the heroes. It should have been Rumple and the villains in power while Snow loses

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoyoteDork wrote:

      Avatar Beta wrote: Speaking as an avid reader, I personally wouldn't enjoy a book like "Heroes and Villains." Some of Issac's ideas were dumb, like switching Regina and Snow so completely right down to their ages. Why? And why does Snow need magic?  I mean, how would people see that as a revamped Snow White when it hardly resembles the character the people of LWM know? Basically, I think the Au was a good idea done badly by Issac{really A+e.} Okay, off-topic rant over. 

      Isaac's book was so dumb and made no sense, it was supposed to be about how the villains get happy endings and the heroes lose...but he just made Snow and co the villains, while Rumple (and for some reason Regina) were the heroes. It should have been Rumple and the villains in power while Snow loses

      I'll agree. You can't really have much of a twist as they claimed because Snow White was the Evi Q-----Actually, does Once exist in the LWM? Because then none of those people would know how Rumplestilskin story is different because Rumple doesn't go with Belle in any fairytale and if he's the beast, then how does that differ from any BatB. Noone would know who Zelena was besides some Maid Marian stand-in. Robin Hood was the same. Fairies and dwarves did what those beings do. So, I'd say Isaac's book would be good, but definitely not best seller. So, I'm sure he somehow used magic to manipulate the LWM.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, we now know that "our world" has magic in it thanks to the Dragon in the finale. Which was kind of obvious ever since Walsh turned into a flying monkey in the middle of New York, if you ask me.

      So yeah, Isaac would totally be able to 100% control the Land Without Magic. And as mentioned above, we saw him actually do it when he made himself a best-selling author with a mediocre book in literally the amount of time it took Henry to get from Storybrooke to the next town over, then back to Storybrooke and down to New York City in Emma's car. So like 8 hours max.

      But yeah, I never understood the whole "the villains get their happy ending and the heroes lose" premise... I mean... Snow and Charming and Rumple (at the end) were all villains in this world, and the only one with a happy life was Rumple, who was technically a hero there, but he didn't get a happy ending. His ending was going back home briefly before the alternate reality was undone. Zelena and Regina were both painted as heroes in this world, and they definitely both lost (Zelena became green, Regina died). But Snow and Charming didn't win, and Rumple didn't experience a win or loss after becoming a villain. So... I don't get the premise at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Honestly, I feel like the writers changed directions; everyone's plan at first was to give villains a happy ending within their own timelines. Something happened along the way and Isaac decided to write the book.

      In my personal interpretation, given enough time for the story to progress, EQ!Snow would've been defeated, whilst Bandit!Regina would still not ger her happy ending; the villains of our timeline were rewritten as heroes and would eventually get happy endings, and the heroes were rewritten as villains who would eventually get their defeats. Snow and Charming were villains who would lose their happy endings evetually, whilst Rumpel and Zelena were heroes who would eventually get theirs. Regina is the only one who goes out of this model; she'd be sad anyway. IMHO, it's a way of acknowledging her status as an anti-hero.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I want to look the situation from a different side. So here's what I'm thinking

      Isaac: He was the creator of the book. He somehow changed even LWM (the writers' powers must be really powerfull) and made himself obtain a happy ending. And because of that, the author job passed away from him. But he clearly didn't care about that and enjoyed being someone popular.

      Rumplestiltskin: He was at this "heroes lose and villains win" job from the beginning. And even Isaac told him why he wants to procure a happy ending for him. Then he found himself a hero. A hero that everyone loves and respects. With Belle on his side, he was happy.

      Belle: She clearly didn't change much but having a hero as her husband, I think this was enough for Belle in any universe.

      Regina: Yes she was no villain but she was being hunted by the black knights and she had to be on alert at any time. She didn't have a soul-mate, a friend, a mother etc. She was trying to live but was she happy? Definetely no.

      Zelena: She made a deal with Gold that's why she has to be given a happy ending. But Gold was smart. He didn't make just "Woww now you're a princess, be rich!". Her lover was a thief, that's why she was wanted too. But given that she was going to marry someone, I think she had no problems with that.

      Emma: Alone in a tower, all memories present, and can do nothing about it. I think the situation is pretty certain

      Robin: He was a thief again and was going to marry someone that he didn't belong. And the marriage will probably be "unhappy" one for him. 

      Hook: A deckhank to his enemy Blackbeard. And alergic to rum!!

      Snow and Charming: They were abviously not happy since Snow probably was raping him and was not satisfied about it. Neither Charming. She was obsessed with killing Regina so that even her Quinn-ness can provide her nothing. Just like our Evil Queen.

      As you can see, it is not about being villain or hero, it's about being happy or unhappy. So the book wasn't ridicilous or dumb at all. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think author pen could work in real world but it just to record peoples lives. The real world had magic in different place.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.