FANDOM


  • Eskaver
    Eskaver closed this thread because:
    Episode airing
    00:11, April 11, 2016

    So they are currently filming 517 with Gaston, Rumple and Belle, and I hate the fact that we can't tell if Belle is in the Underworld or if Rumple is back in Storybrooke.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • They're filming in the Underworld. Plus, Gaston is dead so it can't be the living world

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah, I thought so. Now the question is how the hell Belle got to hell?!? OMG!! They killed a Disney Princess!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm certain it's all in the Underworld and Belle and Zelena traveled together to the Underworld. Hope Belle apologizes and learns that she cut Gaston's legs off. And of course, that Rumple comes clean because it's not suspenseful if Belle finds out anymore, just let him do it himself and get things over with. That'll show some progress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm 99% sure Belle will find out Rumple is the Dark One again in this episode

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So now that we know that Gaston is in the underworld, I wonder who the third party with Ruby and Mulan is in ep 18.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • NickyHelp wrote:
      So now that we know that Gaston is in the underworld, I wonder who the third party with Ruby and Mulan is in ep 18.

      I saw someone speculate that it might be Lancelot. If the writers are indeed planning on addressing what happened to the Camelot people that are presumably still in Storybrooke, I think it's a solid guess. Guess we shall see who else is back to film in a week or so!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I believe the writers are indeed planning for the Camelot people to return with Merida. After all, they never steered us wrong before. Now episode 17 was recently called "Her Handsome Hero". It sounds related to Rumple, Belle, and Gaston. There was a flashback photo in BTS, where it appears to be Belle's story before she ends with Rumple.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • https://twitter.com/AdamHorowitzLA/status/689704626870947840

      Title is appropriate since the book Belle was seen carrying was her handsome hero. Strong female characters, am I right? XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh, I didn't realise that it was a book Belle had read. Is it a real book?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Looks like Adam is trying to catch up with the episode titles, which is nice.

      Obviously, this title refers to Belle's book, and to Gaston.

      Also, here's the thread where people posted some interesting points:

      http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:262212

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Is this giong to be an episode where we have to endure another scene between Belle and Rumple?

      Belle, "You're not the hero I thought you were. It's over."

      Rumple, "You can trust me Belle.  You make me want to be a better man. I love you.".

      Belle, "Ok.".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarlingDavies wrote:
      Is this giong to be an episode where we have to endure another scene between Belle and Rumple?

      Belle, "You're not the hero I thought you were. It's over."

      Rumple, "You can trust me Belle.  You make me want to be a better man. I love you.".

      Belle, "Ok.".

      Better than some relationships. Anyhow, it would appear that Rumple has told Belle or exposed Belle to his secret. Who knows!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Am I the only one who wants Belle/Gaston to happen?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Am I the only one who wants Belle/Gaston to happen?

      Yes. I mean Gaston is dead and Belle never cared for him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Being dead is not a thing in this show anymore.

      I'm guessing we'll find out something about Gaston/Rumple

      I really want Gaston to be a good guy

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Anyhow, it would appear that Rumple has told Belle or exposed Belle to his secret. Who knows!

      There is no way Gold would willing tell Belle, that he chose to become the Dark One again. His secret is totally going to be exposed to her, against his will. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think she already knows.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Being dead is not a thing in this show anymore.

      I'm guessing we'll find out something about Gaston/Rumple

      I really want Gaston to be a good guy

      Gaston was good, or at least good-ish. It's just he's superficial, and Belle's not into someone like that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Being dead is not a thing in this show anymore.

      I'm guessing we'll find out something about Gaston/Rumple

      I really want Gaston to be a good guy

      Gaston was good, or at least good-ish. It's just he's superficial, and Belle's not into someone like that.

      Well, we know nothing about Once Gaston. Once Gaston could be a decent guy, probably a knight or noble of some sort in an arranged marriage. Could even be childhood friends.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Being dead is not a thing in this show anymore.

      I'm guessing we'll find out something about Gaston/Rumple

      I really want Gaston to be a good guy

      Gaston was good, or at least good-ish. It's just he's superficial, and Belle's not into someone like that.
      Well, we know nothing about Once Gaston. Once Gaston could be a decent guy, probably a knight or noble of some sort in an arranged marriage. Could even be childhood friends.

      We know a bit: we know he was pretty important to Maurice, so probably a noble; we know he liked Belle, but she didn't like him back; we know they were engaged to each other; etc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote: Am I the only one who wants Belle/Gaston to happen?

      No, I would take just about anything over Belle and Rumple at this point. Gaston could even be a decent guy in the Once Universe, look at what they did to Peter Pan, it is very possible. Plus it would probably be funny...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.

      Snow doesn't need saving. Emma is just scared.

      But as Emma knows, to save a life another must be taken.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.

      Snow doesn't need saving. Emma is just scared.

      But as Emma knows, to save a life another must be taken.

      But what if it is true and she does need saving. It would be kind of like how Henry was dying after he ate the cursed apple turnover for Emma.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • NickyHelp wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:

      NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.
      Snow doesn't need saving. Emma is just scared.

      But as Emma knows, to save a life another must be taken.

      But what if it is true and she does need saving. It would be kind of like how Henry was dying after he ate the cursed apple turnover for Emma.

      I think it's a warning, not immeninet danger.

      I'm thinking that it's Hades or Fate saying "To save Hook, Snow will die."

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.

      Do you have a source, for what you read?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.

      Do you have a source, for what you read?

      Yes I do. Two actually

      https://www.instagram.com/p/BA3Eq25PCA9/

      https://twitter.com/killiansolo_/status/691759104428249095/photo/1

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Means nothing Chameleleon. The camera angle is most important and even Ginny is pregnant and was pregnant and that definitely did a poor job at hiding it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Means nothing Chameleleon. The camera angle is most important and even Ginny is pregnant and was pregnant and that definitely did a poor job at hiding it.

      That's because Ginny got pregnant after Emilie.

      I don't mind Belle being pregnant, it's definitely more sensible than Zelena.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe they'll explain that she just gained some weight. You know, it happens sometime.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      Maybe they'll explain that she just gained some weight. You know, it happens sometime.

      Nah, I doubt that. Belle is hardly onscreen anyhow, so I'm certin they can ignore it. They aren't going to announce every signle change because that's ridiculous.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You can't judge how the show will film with Emilie's pregnancy based on paparazzi taken photos. Simple as that. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:
      Maybe they'll explain that she just gained some weight. You know, it happens sometime.
      Nah, I doubt that. Belle is hardly onscreen anyhow, so I'm certin they can ignore it. They aren't going to announce every signle change because that's ridiculous.

      It's not that hard:

      Rumple: How did you gain so much weight?

      Belle: I know my husband is the dark one again and everyone is lying to me, that made merealize I'm pathetic so I ate my feelings.

      Two Lines, that's it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:
      Maybe they'll explain that she just gained some weight. You know, it happens sometime.
      Nah, I doubt that. Belle is hardly onscreen anyhow, so I'm certin they can ignore it. They aren't going to announce every signle change because that's ridiculous.
      It's not that hard:

      Rumple: How did you gain so much weight?

      Belle: I know my husband is the dark one again and everyone is lying to me, that made merealize I'm pathetic so I ate my feelings.

      Two Lines, that's it.

      Lol, they aren't going to address that and it sort of would be in poor taste for them to do that.

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. They didn't and won't call MM fat so neither should they do that to Belle. No shaming.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:
      Maybe they'll explain that she just gained some weight. You know, it happens sometime.
      Nah, I doubt that. Belle is hardly onscreen anyhow, so I'm certin they can ignore it. They aren't going to announce every signle change because that's ridiculous.
      It's not that hard:

      Rumple: How did you gain so much weight?

      Belle: I know my husband is the dark one again and everyone is lying to me, that made merealize I'm pathetic so I ate my feelings.

      Two Lines, that's it.

      Lol, they aren't going to address that and it sort of would be in poor taste for them to do that.

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. They didn't and won't call MM fat so neither should they do that to Belle. No shaming.

      Yeah, you're right. Like how Snow told David she was pregnant when she was already in her 7th month.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Unless they do some major time jumping, I don't see them showing Belle Pregnant, at least not as pregnant as Emilie appears. (and quite frankly, she seems to be handling the added weight quite well.)   They'll most likely use a combination of camera angles, body doubles, and stock footage, similar to what they had to do with Snow Drifts/TNPLH for the Snow flashbacks.

      Now, I would not put it out of the realm of possibility that they will do a major time jump at the end of the season to account for a Rumpbelle birth (assuming they do bring a Pregnant Belle into the story).  But not at this point of the story.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.

      Yep, but it has been a literall two years apparently since Emma camed and no real treatment of an older Henry. Still doesn't deny the fact that they don't have to discuss every bodily change of the actors and actresses.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.
      Yep, but it has been a literall two years apparently since Emma camed and no real treatment of an older Henry. Still doesn't deny the fact that they don't have to discuss every bodily change of the actors and actresses.

      Well, to be fair, Henry's character is at the age that he might "grow overnight". So really I don't see the height thing as an issue at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.
      Yep, but it has been a literall two years apparently since Emma camed and no real treatment of an older Henry. Still doesn't deny the fact that they don't have to discuss every bodily change of the actors and actresses.
      Well, to be fair, Henry's character is at the age that he might "grow overnight". So really I don't see the height thing as an issue at all.

      I'm sure everyone is missing my point. My point is that they aren't going to explain every little change in a character's actor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.
      Yep, but it has been a literall two years apparently since Emma camed and no real treatment of an older Henry. Still doesn't deny the fact that they don't have to discuss every bodily change of the actors and actresses.
      Well, to be fair, Henry's character is at the age that he might "grow overnight". So really I don't see the height thing as an issue at all.
      I'm sure everyone is missing my point. My point is that they aren't going to explain every little change in a character's actor.

      Oh right. I get it now. Like if someone gained or lost some weight, or changed their hair, they don't have to say anything. The writers could choose to, but they don't have to.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:

      Just like they ignore the fact that Henry is like taller than his mothers almost. 

      Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than their mothers.
      Yep, but it has been a literall two years apparently since Emma camed and no real treatment of an older Henry. Still doesn't deny the fact that they don't have to discuss every bodily change of the actors and actresses.
      Well, to be fair, Henry's character is at the age that he might "grow overnight". So really I don't see the height thing as an issue at all.
      I'm sure everyone is missing my point. My point is that they aren't going to explain every little change in a character's actor.
      Oh right. I get it now. Like if someone gained or lost some weight, or changed their hair, they don't have to say anything. The writers could choose to, but they don't have to.

      Right. For example, Anders (Doctor Whale) had a hair comment because of a neat little snipe at Emma and a reference to iZombie. They aren't going to call out the body types of pregnant women on the show because that would be almost cruel, especially withotu the incessant Ginny Goodwin related insults.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay, thanks for reassuring me. I don't want Belle to be pregnant, yeah, it just wouldn't really make sense with the story now. And there's too many babies.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      NickyHelp wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:


      NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.
      Snow doesn't need saving. Emma is just scared.

      But as Emma knows, to save a life another must be taken.

      But what if it is true and she does need saving. It would be kind of like how Henry was dying after he ate the cursed apple turnover for Emma.
      I think it's a warning, not immeninet danger.

      I'm thinking that it's Hades or Fate saying "To save Hook, Snow will die."

      We all know Emma will face no real consequences.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Shadows Vale wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:
      NickyHelp wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:


      NickyHelp wrote:
      After reading about Emma having a vision of her mother dying, it made me wonder what is happening to Snow? It seems to be one of the consequences for Emma in the underworld if trying to bring back the dead. I don't know but it looks like Snow is the one who needs saving.
      Snow doesn't need saving. Emma is just scared.

      But as Emma knows, to save a life another must be taken.

      But what if it is true and she does need saving. It would be kind of like how Henry was dying after he ate the cursed apple turnover for Emma.
      I think it's a warning, not immeninet danger.

      I'm thinking that it's Hades or Fate saying "To save Hook, Snow will die."

      We all know Emma will face no real consequences.

      What do you mean exactly? If that is what I am thinking what you are saying, then on the contrary: Not from what was spoiled.

      https://twitter.com/killiansolo_/status/691759104428249095/photo/1

      Cause it gave me a feeling from what Emma plans to do for Killian will bring disaster to her mother. So she will have to make better choices.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So now that everyone has seen 512, does anyone have new insight about what they think we will see in this episode? I wonder if we will see any other dead people besides Gaston.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      So now that everyone has seen 512, does anyone have new insight about what they think we will see in this episode? 

      Gaston will complete his unfinished business, and move on.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Between this episode and the Milah episode, we may see Rumple choosing a side. We saw in SotD that Rumple wanted no part in helping the UW residents completing their business, but given his participation in sending some of these residents there in the first place, he may not have any choice in the matter.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Alright, updating predictions based on new info: Bigest part of this episode will be Belle and Rumple dealing with Rumbelle baby drama, especially the fact that the baby can be taken away with Hades at anytime. Belle will also run into Gaston in Underbrooke, which will lead to even more problems between Belle and Rumple. And in flashback we will of course see Gaston and Belle and that whole relationship dynamic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Alright, updating predictions based on new info: Bigest part of this episode will be Belle and Rumple dealing with Rumbelle baby drama, especially the fact that the baby can be taken away with Hades at anytime. Belle will also run into Gaston in Underbrooke, which will lead to even more problems between Belle and Rumple. And in flashback we will of course see Gaston and Belle and that whole relationship dynamic.

      OR Gaston and Belle have a delayed pregnanacy? Hmmmm XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, I think we can guess how Belle gets to Underbrooke now. Assuming that Rumple is true to his nature, he is going to be trying to find a loophole in that contract, which will lead to Hades upping the ante by bringing Belle to the Underworld, and the episode will be the Hero's (and Gaston) working to free Belle from hades, which will also open the way for Gaston to move on to a better place.

      It's also going to reveal to Belle the duplicity of her husband. Particularly if Hades manages to let slip about the fact that Rumple destroyed Milah again.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have to rewatch the scene but I think the deal was made with Rumple and Milah's second born child. 

      This baby is Rumple and Belle's first born child

      So, maybe it doesn't apply

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      I have to rewatch the scene but I think the deal was made with Rumple and Milah's second born child. 

      This baby is Rumple and Belle's first born child

      So, maybe it doesn't apply

      It was Rupmple's second born child. So this will be his. that is why he killed Fendrake after changing the deal with Cora to their first born child so he could keep the child.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      I have to rewatch the scene but I think the deal was made with Rumple and Milah's second born child. 

      This baby is Rumple and Belle's first born child

      So, maybe it doesn't apply

      The way Rumple explained it to Milah it did sound like it had to be their next child, but based on how Rumple acted after that, he must of promissed his next child, thus why having a baby with Cora or Belle would be problematic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm guessing Gaston does something...unselfish and moves on.  Something would benefit Belle.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Will Once Upon a Time’s Emma & Co. find out about Belle’s baby soon? Are they willing to help Rumple save his child from Hades? —Rebecca

      “However they feel about Rumple right now, our heroes will always come to Belle’s aide should the opportunity present itself,” shares co-creator Adam Horowitz. “What’s the old saying, ‘The enemy of my enemy is… Hades?'”


      TVLine added this blurb to their spoiler article today. I'm not sure where this should go exactly, but since Belle will find out about her own pregnancy in 5x16, it will probably be at least 5x17 when she tells anybody else. Rumple probably isn't going to be one run to the heroes for help, but perhaps Belle will and whatever solution they're all able to come up with will explain Belle's absence in the subsequent episodes. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!

      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!
      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists

      I think Regina and Hook treat her the best of the bunch and they are her abusers XD. 5A stood out with the others selfishly not giving a care about Belle. They just want her services as bookworm and babysitter. Belle should be with Mulan and Red, honestly. They know her and she'd be better off with them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!
      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists

      Wasn't Ruby the only other person, besides Rumple, that truly cared about Belle's well-being?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really want Belle to at least interact with the others, especially since Rumple treats her badly with secrets and lies.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JMXD96 wrote:
      FrancisPaul wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!
      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists
      Wasn't Ruby the only other person, besides Rumple, that truly cared about Belle's well-being?

      Exactly. But it's not that the Charmings are mean.

      It's that writers themselves don't care enough about Belle to develop her relationships to others. Remember when Phillip greeted Snow and Charming (whom he had never met) with joy and didn't even look at Belle who saved him? Belle's stories are often forgot after the required centric in each season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Chameleon-Guy wrote:
      I really want Belle to at least interact with the others, especially since Rumple treats her badly with secrets and lies.

      True. I actually hoiped after seeing the press release for 514 that Belle, Granny and Leroy would have dinner as friends at Belle and Rumple's house. One small scene to show that she has friends, that normal things like meals still happen in Storybrooke.

      Speaking of Leroy, his dialogue with Belle about the rose in 502 was awesome. A great call back to S1.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      FrancisPaul wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!
      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists
      I think Regina and Hook treat her the best of the bunch and they are her abusers XD. 5A stood out with the others selfishly not giving a care about Belle. They just want her services as bookworm and babysitter. Belle should be with Mulan and Red, honestly. They know her and she'd be better off with them.

      I've thought about how weird that is! Other than Rumple, Belle has probably had the most meaningful interactions with Hook and some of them since s3 have been nice, but it's weird because he's her husband's arch nemesis lol. And they've sort of kept up a small friendship between her and Leroy? But he's a background recurring character, so we obviously don't see a lot of him. We don't see her hanging out with the other main ladies - she just gets one episode a season where she meets some random princess and they have a nice adventure, but then that's it. Easily the least integrated main character on the show. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Easily the least integrated main character on the show. 

      Robin is more useless, but I can't argue on what you said XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FrancisPaul wrote:
      Easily the least integrated main character on the show. 
      Robin is more useless, but I can't argue on what you said XD

      Robin, who? Haha, not only is he barely seen, but he doesn't even play the role of babysitter, except for Roland at times. I liken Robin to the season's magic macguffin. Ever in our minds and will pop up when it's time to use him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, based on the previews for next week, we get Gaston in his paid hunting gear.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Looks like a decent episode. I knew Maurice would be in it. Also, they reshot the scene with Gaston getting turned into a rose with the recast actor. XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Looks like a decent episode. I knew Maurice would be in it. Also, they reshot the scene with Gaston getting turned into a rose with the recast actor. XD

      Well, you have to have Maurice in a Belle flashback before Rumple. At least we'll get some solid flashback, storyfilling and maybe some worldbuilding.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, this one looks like a great episode. I didn't expect it at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Even though they recast Gaston, I don't think it was terrible that they had to, as this actor looks more like Gaston than the original. Plus, the original actor had such a small part anyway. Also, on a funny note, I was looking at the promo trailer again, and I don't think they even reshot the scene with Gaston getting turned into a rose, I think they simply pasted Wes's head onto Sage's body. XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      FrancisPaul wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      That is hilarious!  When have "our heroes" ever cared about Belle?!
      They not only never cared about her but were rude to her in 5A. I do, however, admit that the lack of friendship between Belle and the Charmings is due to lazy writing. She is always portrayed as naive and the one who helps everybody while the others are always too busy with their businessess to remember she even exists
      I think Regina and Hook treat her the best of the bunch and they are her abusers XD. 5A stood out with the others selfishly not giving a care about Belle. They just want her services as bookworm and babysitter. Belle should be with Mulan and Red, honestly. They know her and she'd be better off with them.
      I've thought about how weird that is! Other than Rumple, Belle has probably had the most meaningful interactions with Hook and some of them since s3 have been nice, but it's weird because he's her husband's arch nemesis lol. And they've sort of kept up a small friendship between her and Leroy? But he's a background recurring character, so we obviously don't see a lot of him. We don't see her hanging out with the other main ladies - she just gets one episode a season where she meets some random princess and they have a nice adventure, but then that's it. Easily the least integrated main character on the show. 

      To be fair, Belle's scenes are mostly deleted. There was one from 4x05 where Charming was convincing MM to leave Neal with Belle which was quite nice.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I watched the promo in the morning. I rewatched it now. I've got these odd "The Bear and the Bow" vibes, perhaps because there's yet another archer coming after Rumple. -.-

      But overall, I agree that Gaston's recast isn't such a bad thing. Wes Brown suits the role just as well, at least when it comes to looks.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I honestly don't know what to expect of the episode, however overall I like the Belle episodes that focus around her backstory. The Outsider was nice because she got some more development as someone who wants to go on adventure. Family Business was nice till she went to Arendelle... The Bear and the Bow... more a Merida episode than a Belle episode.

      But I have faith that this one will be good. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Even though they recast Gaston, I don't think it was terrible that they had to, as this actor looks more like Gaston than the original. Plus, the original actor had such a small part anyway. Also, on a funny note, I was looking at the promo trailer again, and I don't think they even reshot the scene with Gaston getting turned into a rose, I think they simply pasted Wes's head onto Sage's body. XD

      I'm glad this isn't a "Belle & random princess" centric, that's already one thing. And I think they didn't reshoot the whole scene from Skin Deep, you can tell Robert Carlyle looks like he did back in season 1, they simply reshot Gaston's poses with the new actor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Ruby Ruby Rubyyyy!!! 

      Did we know she was in this episode?? I wonder what she will be doing...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nakis91 wrote:
      Ruby Ruby Ruby Rubyyyy!!! 

      Did we know she was in this episode?? I wonder what she will be doing...

      Showing up to hype the next episode....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • By the way, the synopsis in case someone didn't see it yet: 

      Belle turns to Rumplestiltskin with hope of finding a way to protect their child from Hades. However, they disagree over whether to use dark magic, as Belle forbids Rumplestiltskin from using his powers for evil. Meanwhile, Hades secretly meets with Gaston in the Underworld and encourages him to seek revenge on Rumplestiltskin. As the heroes try to find a way to defeat Hades, Emma has a terrifying nightmare that she realizes is beginning to come true. And in flashbacks, Belle and Gaston meet for the first time, but their blossoming romance comes to a halt on the eve of the Ogre wars.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • After reading the Ruby Slippers press release, it seems this episode will have no consequences whatsoever

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nakis91 wrote:
      Ruby Ruby Ruby Rubyyyy!!! 

      Did we know she was in this episode?? I wonder what she will be doing...

      Probably appear near the end of the episode to set up what we see in 518.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD

      Hahah well I care more about Ruby Slippers because I adore Ruby. This episode looks okay, the trailers don't do much justice these days.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD

      I don't think there's much too exciting about any of these two, but we're all looking forward to sneak peeks and stuff to care!

      When things are spoiled, you sort of want to skip ahead; it's only natural.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD

      We don't care for this episode because its a Rumple/Belle centric

      and I'm so done with them that I don't even care a bit

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD
      We don't care for this episode because its a Rumple/Belle centric

      and I'm so done with them that I don't even care a bit

      I care. Finally get to see the birth of the Ogres War (in Belle's time), see Belle get some time to shine with some stuff in the background and I think DO Rumple is a pleasure to see when he's not in Gold's callous mode where noone has fun.

      Magic, manipulation, and what's not to love. Sadly, it seems like the plot won't kick off until Episode 19, because the press release has the group doing the same thing that they usually do for two episodes straight aka sitting in the loft, eating at Grannies, not being useful.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Plus finally we are at a new step, no more secrets and lies, Rumple is being direct and clear. Let's see where it goes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I love how no one cares about this episode, since we got the press release for Ruby Slippers. XD
      We don't care for this episode because its a Rumple/Belle centric

      and I'm so done with them that I don't even care a bit

      I care. Finally get to see the birth of the Ogres War (in Belle's time), see Belle get some time to shine with some stuff in the background and I think DO Rumple is a pleasure to see when he's not in Gold's callous mode where noone has fun.

      Magic, manipulation, and what's not to love. Sadly, it seems like the plot won't kick off until Episode 19, because the press release has the group doing the same thing that they usually do for two episodes straight aka sitting in the loft, eating at Grannies, not being useful.

      True but I can't say I'm disappointed this season (and I mean 5B). Old characters popping up everywhere, useful flashbacks, new interesting stories...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It feels like 5B is episodic rather than serialized. They have been having a series of 5 filler episodes and the next two feels like fillers as well.

      I feel like 5B is an improvement over the dreadful 5A and 4B, but It is very much Meh. I think people's reaction is overrated at this point because of the "hype" since I saw a lot of people saying that 5A is "the best season ever" only that with time they changed their minds once they saw the season as a whole and how disjointed it was.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      It feels like 5B is episodic rather than serialized. They have been having a series of 5 filler episodes and the next two feels like fillers as well.

      I feel like 5B is an improvement over the dreadful 5A and 4B, but It is very much Meh. I think people's reaction is overrated at this point because of the "hype" since I saw a lot of people saying that 5A is "the best season ever" only that with time they changed their minds once they saw the season as a whole and how disjointed it was.

      All TV shows, by nature of being a tv show, are both episodic and serialized. Also, you really don't seem to understand what filler means. Filler means you can take the episodes out of the story, and there will be no impact. I'm pretty sure, you would be very confused if you watched 511 where Hook dies, and then you watch 523 where he will be very much alive, but others may be dead, and not be confused.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      It feels like 5B is episodic rather than serialized. They have been having a series of 5 filler episodes and the next two feels like fillers as well.

      I feel like 5B is an improvement over the dreadful 5A and 4B, but It is very much Meh. I think people's reaction is overrated at this point because of the "hype" since I saw a lot of people saying that 5A is "the best season ever" only that with time they changed their minds once they saw the season as a whole and how disjointed it was.

      To be honest, the only real filler episode so far was The Bear King, and even that has some info that are discussed in later episodes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm glad that this episode covers if there were actually 3 Ogre Wars or 2 and Belle's is same as Granny's

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Farerb wrote:
      It feels like 5B is episodic rather than serialized. They have been having a series of 5 filler episodes and the next two feels like fillers as well.

      I feel like 5B is an improvement over the dreadful 5A and 4B, but It is very much Meh. I think people's reaction is overrated at this point because of the "hype" since I saw a lot of people saying that 5A is "the best season ever" only that with time they changed their minds once they saw the season as a whole and how disjointed it was.

      All TV shows, by nature of being a tv show, are both episodic and serialized. Also, you really don't seem to understand what filler means. Filler means you can take the episodes out of the story, and there will be no impact. I'm pretty sure, you would be very confused if you watched 511 where Hook dies, and then you watch 523 where he will be very much alive, but others may be dead, and not be confused.

      Yeah, filler are plot devoid pretty much. If anyone thinks every episode of this season thus far is filler than you would obviously be very, very wrong. The plot is: Find Hook, give happy endings, topple Hades, leave. You can't say that the episode they rescued Hook is filler because that was the PLOT in the first place. WE went in with that plot and you and some may not like it, but you can't dismiss that that is the main plot point from the finale into this season.

      There were no filler episodes this season, at all. There seemingly won't be any at all.

      Plots of the season are: Escape/Topple Underworld, Rumple/Belle's dilemma, Zelena's dilemma (From Dorothy to Hades). If we get another episode on Merida and her in SB shooting arrows at the townsfolk, then that would be filler.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Gusey1397 wrote:
      I'm glad that this episode covers if there were actually 3 Ogre Wars or 2 and Belle's is same as Granny's

      We knew there were at least three. Rumple was in one as well with Bae (almost) unless it was two separate times.

      Granny's brothers had one when she was younger.

      Belle's is separate as Granny's old now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And the commenting on the Bear King as filler. It may have seemed so at the time, but now that we have Ruby showing up in this episode, and then both Ruby and Mulan showing up together in Oz the next one, that one may turn out to be less filler and more just early tease of coming attractions.

      And based on the promo for this one, this will not be filler. Hades "recruiting" Gaston to hunt the Beast (the main Gaston story from BatB), Belle obviously having to deter Gaston, and also Her and Rumple having a discussion on how to prevent Hades from taking the Baby. That part of the story is definitly moving forward. And the Snow White Story of missing Neal may take a drastic turn as well.

      The only plot that won't move significantly (my prediction, not fact) is the plan to actually escape the UW, and even than may get nudged based on a couple of scenes from the promo.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.

      We all know Ruby will be the best part of the whole episode

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.
      We all know Ruby will be the best part of the whole episode

      I sure hope so.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am curious how Ruby will be involved. Since the main part of the action involves Belle, Rumple, Gaston, and Hades, I don't see how she fits there.

      Also, in the Press Release for Ruby Slippers, it mentions that Ruby does not show up in the UW until AFTER she and Mulan run into Dorothy in Oz, and fight Zelena there.

      I suspect we won't see Ruby until the very end, with Ruby slippers being the answer to the pointless question "How did YOU end up here?" (probably asked by Snow).

      On a different comment, Hades should be getting rather alarmed at all these living people invading his world. It seems he can't keep the dead in, nor the living out. XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.

      Judging by the promo and first sneak peek, the b-plot involving the heroes will be them attempting to storm Hades' lair. Maybe we'll have some things moving forward there. 

      And I feel like their side mission of saving other souls has probably unofficially come to an end, looking at the "dead" UW people that are left. They've set up a moment for David to confront James, but I think that's it for the heroes specifically saving dead people? (There's also Cora, but her final status will have to do with Zelena more so than Regina)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JennaMae wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.
      Judging by the promo and first sneak peek, the b-plot involving the heroes will be them attempting to storm Hades' lair. Maybe we'll have some things moving forward there. 

      And I feel like their side mission of saving other souls has probably unofficially come to an end, looking at the "dead" UW people that are left. They've set up a moment for David to confront James, but I think that's it for the heroes specifically saving dead people? (There's also Cora, but her final status will have to do with Zelena more so than Regina)

      So, I'll change it. The heroes will travel to Hades' lair and they will learn absolutely nothing and will accomplish anything by doing that. I mean, there's nothing in his lair and Rumple and Emma were practically there last week.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      JennaMae wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      I'm going to make a bold prediction: The heroes (Snow, David, Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin) will sit selfishly being wasteful and not save a soul. Belle and Rumple will have their private time while Belle has noone to talk to...at least Ruby may be around.
      Judging by the promo and first sneak peek, the b-plot involving the heroes will be them attempting to storm Hades' lair. Maybe we'll have some things moving forward there. 

      And I feel like their side mission of saving other souls has probably unofficially come to an end, looking at the "dead" UW people that are left. They've set up a moment for David to confront James, but I think that's it for the heroes specifically saving dead people? (There's also Cora, but her final status will have to do with Zelena more so than Regina)

      So, I'll change it. The heroes will travel to Hades' lair and they will learn absolutely nothing and will accomplish anything by doing that. I mean, there's nothing in his lair and Rumple and Emma were practically there last week.

      So basically you're theorizing this episode will probably be as much filler as people expect "Ruby Slippers" to be?

      I'll also say I think the pacing in this episode is going to be hit and miss what with Gaston's "vengeance" and Emma's "terrifying nightmare that she realizes is beginning to come true." I'd say the main plot points of this episode will be as rushed as Zelena and Hades' whirlwind romance.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just saw the sneak peek. I know not many are sucked into the magicbuilding, worldbuilding, and tiny details like me, but I glas that they finaly did some thing right regarding magic!

      No one might notice, but they tend to literally hand wave magic and while it's cool, it doesn;t tell us how it functions beyond "I want to turn this person to stone, so there....you're stone". In essence, the magic then becomes overpowered because there seems to be limits, but undisclosed to us.

      After Regina's last big moment of freeing the fairies, which was an incantation that had an accompanying ritual in which Regina said nothing and did nothing but wave the dagger around the hat on an altar with scribbles, I think this de-protection spell is a welcome gift. Even if the symbols may be "squiggly lines" to some, they are meaningful to me! Actually this is the only time we've seen a protection spell being taken down like this (aka with effort). Other times, Rumple or Cora or Zelena would point there hand at it really hard or flick their wrist, or like Hook with a vial of magic, or randomly with a big fireball. This makes much more sense and actually make protection spells actually seem like they are really protecting and not a minor inconvenience.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.

      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD

      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD
      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.

      Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hidden message like that.

      Obviously, this is speculation on my part:

      My translations could be wrong, but it seems some phrases are repeated on the door like "so be it"; I also believe the phrase "so below" is written under the chains and cogs on the center of the door; I think I also found the phrase "as above" above the chains and cogs.

      Which means the phrase I've pieced together so far is "Portal. As above. So Below. So be it." I guess the spell counters the protection spell at the top of the elevator then moves its way down?

      Apart from that there also seems to be the alchemical symbols for "time", "sublimation" and "magnet". I'm guessing the spell is timed.

      There also seems to be a symbol similar to the alchemical symbol for "aqua vitae" but I doubt they're gonna storm Hades' lair drunk. xD

      I'll research the rest later.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude
      Utter solitude removed this reply because:
      promos are on the wikia, and should not be linked from questionable sites
      22:03, April 7, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.

      How darest thou? XD You can't give away all the goodies, plus, I'm sure all the sneak peeks are like the first couple minutes of the episode. So, at most we may see a snippet of Belle meeting Gaston. The show tends to go with the "here's everyone else in the beginning" and then goes to the centric folk.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD
      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.
      Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hidden message like that.

      Obviously, this is speculation on my part:

      My translations could be wrong, but it seems some phrases are repeated on the door like "so be it"; I also believe the phrase "so below" is written under the chains and cogs on the center of the door; I think I also found the phrase "as above" above the chains and cogs.

      Which means the phrase I've pieced together so far is "Portal. As above. So Below. So be it." I guess the spell counters the protection spell at the top of the elevator then moves its way down?

      Apart from that there also seems to be the alchemical symbols for "time", "sublimation" and "magnet". I'm guessing the spell is timed.

      There also seems to be a symbol similar to the alchemical symbol for "aqua vitae" but I doubt they're gonna storm Hades' lair drunk. xD

      I'll research the rest later.

      SO, I don't see repeated phrase, but I'll share my findings with the runes.

      Most are gibberrish except the Top line, the lines above and below the gears, and the singular side. It says "POR (Star) TAL/SO BE IT(on the right side)/ AS ABOVE(above Gear)/ SO BELOW (below Gear) and that's practically it. I guess the rest deal with channeling and power stuff that's just gibberish.

      Door Panels have letters surrounded by symbols. Depending on what it seem like it goes F K ? K U ????TER R DE????TER

      I don't know. But cool todbits!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.

      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 

      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 
      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 

      Yeah and it's really starting to annoy me lately. Last episode it didn't bother me that much, but in this promo it really did. First the smooth talking with Emma. Then Regina makes a semi-snarky comment towards Emma and that is a reason for Hook to be such a jerk? Meh, I hope you're right and it just is poor timing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Promo pics don't show anything too interesting, although Gaston looks good. The most interesting thing is Hades with the white flower. Perhaps related to Persephone?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Regina's magically appearing hat is back, yay ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Gusey1397 wrote:
      Regina's magically appearing hat is back, yay ;)

      I feel like Regina's ugly hat and Henry's blackouts are connected XD. Maybe it's because they are CURSED!!!!!!!!!!  Anyhow, I'm glad for coninuity. Even though she never wears hats like that and that was a terrible choice. Take a beanie from Emma or something.

      The Promo pics never seem to show anything too relevant. I'm sure the flowier is showing Hades that things are growing in a world where everything decays. So, perhaps, there's just a little too much hope.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:

      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 

      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 

      I wonder if they write him like that on purpose, because it doesn't go well woth how they promote him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Since I can't ever see myself wearing Regina's wonderful outfits, I'd like Hades' outfit/ coat in the promo pic. And just realize that everyone's wearing Dark colors.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:

      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 
      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 

      I wonder if they write him like that on purpose, because it doesn't go well woth how they promote him.

      It's the Regina and Hook dilemma. They both are snarky and sassy, but sometimes it comes at poor times or falls flat. In this season, they seem to divide the snark even more too having Zelena and even Rumple have some. Hook being snarky is his character, but it's poorly timed because these people just rescued him and the delivery is a tad bit harsh. We'll have to wait and see when they are in greener pastures to tell.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:


      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 
      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 
      I wonder if they write him like that on purpose, because it doesn't go well woth how they promote him.
      It's the Regina and Hook dilemma. They both are snarky and sassy, but sometimes it comes at poor times or falls flat. In this season, they seem to divide the snark even more too having Zelena and even Rumple have some. Hook being snarky is his character, but it's poorly timed because these people just rescued him and the delivery is a tad bit harsh. We'll have to wait and see when they are in greener pastures to tell.

      I get the snark and sass, but overusing it is ridiculous, no one is snarky all the time, especially not in serious moments. The thing is that Regina, while they wrote her snarky lines at inappropriate moments, has a lot of great dialogues as well with various other characters: Emma, Henry, Snow, Zelena (not Robin though). While Hook is snarky at everyone except Emma, which are basically Love and manpain and angst.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:

      Eskaver wrote:


      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Well that sneak peak was underwelming. Although it is nice to see the magic actually require effort for once. Still, I want to see some Belle and Gaston action, this episode is primarily about them after all.
      Wow, Hook is really acting like a dick in the promo. 
      Yeah, but that's Hook for ya! A jerk through and through. He was like that last episode. It's just the poor timing as Regina has times like that at times. However, Hook just seems ungrateful and impatient. The issue is it is ike Hook treats Emma with great care, but everyone...."To Hades, the rest of them!" 
      I wonder if they write him like that on purpose, because it doesn't go well woth how they promote him.
      It's the Regina and Hook dilemma. They both are snarky and sassy, but sometimes it comes at poor times or falls flat. In this season, they seem to divide the snark even more too having Zelena and even Rumple have some. Hook being snarky is his character, but it's poorly timed because these people just rescued him and the delivery is a tad bit harsh. We'll have to wait and see when they are in greener pastures to tell.
      I get the snark and sass, but overusing it is ridiculous, no one is snarky all the time, especially not in serious moments. The thing is that Regina, while they wrote her snarky lines at inappropriate moments, has a lot of great dialogues as well with various other characters: Emma, Henry, Snow, Zelena (not Robin though). While Hook is snarky at everyone except Emma, which are basically Love and manpain and angst.

      Just take it or leave it, I guess. Hook is a man that easily puts people he loves on a pedastal. So, chances are he's careful with her, while the rest he's freely snarky with. It's somewhat similar to Rumple. Rumple is always usually nice to Belle, but callous to the rest of the bunch.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD
      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.
      Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hidden message like that.

      Obviously, this is speculation on my part:

      My translations could be wrong, but it seems some phrases are repeated on the door like "so be it"; I also believe the phrase "so below" is written under the chains and cogs on the center of the door; I think I also found the phrase "as above" above the chains and cogs.

      Which means the phrase I've pieced together so far is "Portal. As above. So Below. So be it." I guess the spell counters the protection spell at the top of the elevator then moves its way down?

      Apart from that there also seems to be the alchemical symbols for "time", "sublimation" and "magnet". I'm guessing the spell is timed.

      There also seems to be a symbol similar to the alchemical symbol for "aqua vitae" but I doubt they're gonna storm Hades' lair drunk. xD

      I'll research the rest later.

      SO, I don't see repeated phrase, but I'll share my findings with the runes.

      Most are gibberrish except the Top line, the lines above and below the gears, and the singular side. It says "POR (Star) TAL/SO BE IT(on the right side)/ AS ABOVE(above Gear)/ SO BELOW (below Gear) and that's practically it. I guess the rest deal with channeling and power stuff that's just gibberish.

      Door Panels have letters surrounded by symbols. Depending on what it seem like it goes F K ? K U ????TER R DE????TER

      I don't know. But cool todbits!

      I'm pretty sure "so be it" is written on the door frame at the right as well as at the bottom of the door. I looked at the door panels as well and couldn't find anything but gibberish too.

      I will say though I also found the word "doll" written in runes. xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD
      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.
      Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hidden message like that.

      Obviously, this is speculation on my part:

      My translations could be wrong, but it seems some phrases are repeated on the door like "so be it"; I also believe the phrase "so below" is written under the chains and cogs on the center of the door; I think I also found the phrase "as above" above the chains and cogs.

      Which means the phrase I've pieced together so far is "Portal. As above. So Below. So be it." I guess the spell counters the protection spell at the top of the elevator then moves its way down?

      Apart from that there also seems to be the alchemical symbols for "time", "sublimation" and "magnet". I'm guessing the spell is timed.

      There also seems to be a symbol similar to the alchemical symbol for "aqua vitae" but I doubt they're gonna storm Hades' lair drunk. xD

      I'll research the rest later.

      SO, I don't see repeated phrase, but I'll share my findings with the runes.

      Most are gibberrish except the Top line, the lines above and below the gears, and the singular side. It says "POR (Star) TAL/SO BE IT(on the right side)/ AS ABOVE(above Gear)/ SO BELOW (below Gear) and that's practically it. I guess the rest deal with channeling and power stuff that's just gibberish.

      Door Panels have letters surrounded by symbols. Depending on what it seem like it goes F K ? K U ????TER R DE????TER

      I don't know. But cool todbits!

      I'm pretty sure "so be it" is written on the door frame at the right as well as at the bottom of the door. I looked at the door panels as well and couldn't find anything but gibberish too.

      I will say though I also found the word "doll" written in runes. xD

      Me too. Doll, what? Lol

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      JMXD96 wrote:
      Honestly, I can't help but agree. The fact that they made Regina's spell look like it requires effort and that it seems quite ritualistic shows the complexity of magic used in the show's lore. Especially since the technical side of magic was glossed over in "The Jolly Roger" when Regina was trying to train Emma.

      Although, I do feel like they just drew random rune and alchemical symbols.

      I agree. Maybe, maybe not, because they drew an awful lot of them. Hopefully, someone or if I ever feel up to it, will see if it means anything. I doubt it's phrases, so it's likely random with no need to decipher it.
      I decided to actually look up the runic alphabet and the other symbols and I believe the six symbols at the top (split by the pentagram) literally spell out "portal". xD
      See! It means something! Maybe something like "Portal Open Once! Love Adam and Eddy!" I could wish. Cool that we've got that so far.
      Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any hidden message like that.

      Obviously, this is speculation on my part:

      My translations could be wrong, but it seems some phrases are repeated on the door like "so be it"; I also believe the phrase "so below" is written under the chains and cogs on the center of the door; I think I also found the phrase "as above" above the chains and cogs.

      Which means the phrase I've pieced together so far is "Portal. As above. So Below. So be it." I guess the spell counters the protection spell at the top of the elevator then moves its way down?

      Apart from that there also seems to be the alchemical symbols for "time", "sublimation" and "magnet". I'm guessing the spell is timed.

      There also seems to be a symbol similar to the alchemical symbol for "aqua vitae" but I doubt they're gonna storm Hades' lair drunk. xD

      I'll research the rest later.

      SO, I don't see repeated phrase, but I'll share my findings with the runes.
      Most are gibberrish except the Top line, the lines above and below the gears, and the singular side. It says "POR (Star) TAL/SO BE IT(on the right side)/ AS ABOVE(above Gear)/ SO BELOW (below Gear) and that's practically it. I guess the rest deal with channeling and power stuff that's just gibberish.

      Door Panels have letters surrounded by symbols. Depending on what it seem like it goes F K ? K U ????TER R DE????TER

      I don't know. But cool todbits!

      I'm pretty sure "so be it" is written on the door frame at the right as well as at the bottom of the door. I looked at the door panels as well and couldn't find anything but gibberish too.
      I will say though I also found the word "doll" written in runes. xD
      Me too. Doll, what? Lol

      I'm gonna guess they thought people would try to decipher the important looking ones and so wrote the phrase about the portal and the rest are just gibberish letters (similar to a wordsearch) and any other words are a happy coincidence.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ok, one comment on the Sneak Peak. Did you see everyone's faces when the doors to the Elevator opened. Any bets that Hades is going to be on the Elevator when we see the completion of that scene?

      He's going to be like, "You thought you'd surprise me, so I decided to see if I could surprise you. Ha! ** Blue Flame poof **

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      Ok, one comment on the Sneak Peak. Did you see everyone's faces when the doors to the Elevator opened. Any bets that Hades is going to be on the Elevator when we see the completion of that scene?

      He's going to be like, "You thought you'd surprise me, so I decided to see if I could surprise you. Ha! ** Blue Flame poof **

      Could be! But Hades isn't omniscient, so that would probably be a coincedence. Knowing Once, it would have been Cruella walking off. But alas....

      I don't get the plan. Charge in with everything they have against an immortal person off guard. Hades being likely more powerful than Rumple and I doubt that plan would work for them against Rumple. I mean they tried something like that (Emma and Snow) and all it did was get them immobolized. Snow, David, and Regina tried that and all it did was get them immobolized. I'm sensing a pattern.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Good point. Another thought is that it is Rumple coming off the Elevator. Would fit the more random nature of the encounter, and might be a better fit with the story of the episode.

      Particularly if Rumple chastises the group with much the same info as you just posted.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Find promo images here! Her Handsome Hero/Gallery

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Second sneak peek seen. Belle maintains her level of self-respect! That's the best character-based sneak peek I've seen this season.

      "Darkness and light depends on your point of view." Oh Rumple, alwasy taking the Machiavellian approach.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Second sneak peek seen. Belle maintains her level of self-respect! That's the best character-based sneak peek I've seen this season.

      "Darkness and light depends on your point of view." Oh Rumple, alwasy taking the Machiavellian approach.

      Belle has more self respect than Emma, IMO. Both of them are in unhealthy relationships, but at leat Belle has the sense to call on Rumple's BS. But I guess it's because they try to demonize Rumple, while making Hook a saint.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Meelin said that to Emma when they were alone just the two of them having a conversation while Belle was probably on her way to Camelot, I wonder how she knows about it. Oh, the audience knows about it so it means every character on the show knows that too, some viewer must have told her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm just gonna say it, I'm happy with their choice to recast the role of Gaston. I'm not hating on Sage Brocklebank, he just wasn't Gaston for me. After seeing Wes Brown in the Gaston outfits, I've gotta say he really reminds me more of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, than Sage does.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well Brocklebank was only Gaston for like five minutes XD

      I do agree that Brown totally has the look.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ok, I like the second peek. It is continuing with Belle's growth that started with Heroes and Villains, when she called out Rumple on his BS with the Dagger and set him packing. I can accept that she still loves him. But at least now it looks like they are finally going to move that relationship out of the muck that it's been in and maybe get it to a healthier place. 

      I like that Belle acknowledged that Rumple will fight hard for his family, without acknowledging that she accepts him for who he is. I think that was the perfect response.

      As for how Belle knows about that conversation between Merlin and Emma, who knows? Maybe (just speculating) she had an offscreen conversation with Merlin and her relationship with Rumple, and he shared that same concept with her, maybe in the context of what he had hoped for Nimue? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • i also wondered how Belle knew about something Merlin said in a private conversation with Emma. Writer's goof, maybe? Also, it's very strange that Belle feels this way yet apparently says nothing to Regina about her heart. The Rumple doublestandard continues. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Avatar Beta wrote:
      i also wondered how Belle knew about something Merlin said in a private conversation with Emma. Writer's goof, maybe? Also, it's very strange that Belle feels this way yet apparently says nothing to Regina about her heart. The Rumple doublestandard continues. 

      Belle's secretly the Author. On a serious note, Belle knows about it, but I think she's just over all that villiany from all parties. Belle has a vested interest in Rumple, not Hook, not Regina. Plus, that's been like two months ago. Belle has already worked with Regina in the dreamcatcher find and with the fury.

      Belle never wants Dark magic, but Rumple schools the writers about magic. It's a matter of perspective. Regina still uses magic and there's seems to be no real difference. You can use magic for good or bad, clearly.  mean, Nimue turned dark for crushing a heart, rather than the act of ripping it out. The Apprentice ripped out a heart. So, there are no Dark vs Light spells, just the intentions behind it. When Zelena was going to heal Baby Hood, it was Dark magic used for a good purpose, so there's no reason to associate Dark with bad since both types of magic seem to be capable of doing all of the same things.

      So, take it not as Belle having this weird stanard, but the storytelling confusion that the writers have created because they made DM and LM equal in everyway and need some conflict that shouldn't exist. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thanks. Check out the episode discussion thread for more!

        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.