FANDOM


  • So, as the title implies, I was wondering if anyone knows or heard anything about what Season 4A was suppose to be until they changed it to Frozen? I'll even be intrestead in rumors too. I know this is random for where we are at, but I always wondered what the plan was originally. We know that most of the cast didn't know about Frozen either, and the writers even stated in an interview sometime that they might save it for later.

    My theory was that if Frozen wasn't inserted that Maleficent would have maybe been used earlier and maybe a solo villain, the Zelena/Marian drama would have been differently or earlier than 4B. ^-^

    Thank you. ^-^

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent, I assume because Lily was introduced. They probably were going to not get to he until the finale or something.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Maleficent, I assume because Lily was introduced. They probably were going to not get to he until the finale or something.

      I don't think that Lily was originally supposed to be Mal's daughter.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I heard it was supposed to be Maleficent

      I also heard it was supposed to be Ursula


      Maleficent sounds more likely to me, because Aurora/Phillip got some screen time in 3B and they even brought them to SB 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I assume everything was just kind of shifted back an arc. 4B (Queens of Darkness) would have originally been 4A, 5A (Camelot) would have originally been 4B, etc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Most likely 4a was going to be more of the original Snow Queen, but like Walt's time A&E had a difficult bringing the Snow Queen to ouat that they added Frozen to fill in the missing gaps of the Snow Queen arc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think if we look at the end of 3B, minus the Elsa reveal, coupled with what we know, we might get a few hints.

      1. Marian was brought back from the past, which was going to happen anyway. and that probably ties into the whole reveal that Zelena posed as Marian. That reveal may have been slotted for 4A. The fact that they quickly took Marian out of the picture until 4B tends to confirm this hypothesis.

      2. 4A was going to introduce the whole concept of the Author, Apprentice, and Sorcerer. Those plot points had nothing to do with Frozen/Snow Queen initially, though they were incorporated into the story by the end of the arc.

      3. Lily as Emma's Darkness Vessel/Childhood friend seems to be detached from Frozen, and was probably originally slated to be introduced with 4A as well. (and my opinion is that Lily was always intended to be Mal's daughter).

      4. 4B, aside from more focus on the Author, was also intended to be Emma's descent into darkness.

      So with all of the above, my guess is that:

      4A was originally intended to be Apprentice & Author, and Midseason Finale would have been Heroes and Villians (minus the release of Darkness from Rumple). Lily would still have been introduced, and we might have seen the concept that Lily was Mal's daughter earlier and better set up.

      4B would have been dealing with whether Emma could be lured to darkness, and would still have ended with Rumple breaking free of the darkness and Emma becoming tethered to it.

      Just my guess, though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This is just a theory but I think maybe they would've kept the Snow Queen but she wouldn't be Elsa's aunt or Elsa's mother's sister. Or they would've waited to reveal that for another time. Perhaps the third person Ingrid would've chosen as her new sister alongisde Emma might've been Regina since she, too has powerful magic and has felt alone and unloved before. Still deciding if they would've revealed the Queens of Darkness sooner and/or reveal Marian really being Zelena sooner.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Snow Queen would DEFINENTELY not have been introduced without Frozen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I disagree.  While using the Frozen arc to introduce Ingrid was fortunate, there was no guarantee that Once would obtain the rights to use Frozen in any way shape or form in the show. and yet I think that A & E had the concept for the Snow Queen, based on the original material, waiting for a good time to introduce. Had Once not gotten rights to Frozen, I think we would still have met Ingrid (or a different variation of the Snow Queen), just probably not in 4A.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that's they intended to introduce the Snow Queen in 4A or 4B anyway, maybe they would make her Will Scarlet's sister (Will Scarlet = Kay, Snow Queen = Gerda). That would explain why they put Will in season 4

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I  heard Merlin's Hat was going to appear instead of Elsa. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • i dont actuaaly know what this answer means, but here: https://twitter.com/AdamHorowiitzLA/status/730155113445216256

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote: He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

      That's not really him, it's a fake account. See how there are two I's in the name instead of 1?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Belle's Boyfriend wrote:

      Farerb wrote: He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

      That's not really him, it's a fake account. See how there are two I's in the name instead of 1?

      People are too bored.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:

      Belle's Boyfriend wrote:

      Farerb wrote: He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

      That's not really him, it's a fake account. See how there are two I's in the name instead of 1?

      People are too bored.

      Lol, I don't know you could fall for that. Adam is never straightforward with such things XD.

      And even though I share somewhat downer views about the show; it's not all about Hook. Hook might be a fav, but it's not all about him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:

      Belle's Boyfriend wrote:


      Farerb wrote: He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

      That's not really him, it's a fake account. See how there are two I's in the name instead of 1?
      People are too bored.
      Lol, I don't know you could fall for that. Adam is never straightforward with such things XD.

      And even though I share somewhat downer views about the show; it's not all about Hook. Hook might be a fav, but it's not all about him.

      This season, yes. 5A: Hook is a Dark One. All of the Dark Swan events happened because of him. 5B: Save Hook from the Underworld. But don't worry, he'll surprisingly appear next to his girlfriend as a appreciation from the God because there is no such thing like "Laws of Magic". So yeah, this season is all about him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CadoDoan wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Farerb wrote:

      Belle's Boyfriend wrote:



      Farerb wrote: He doesn't even try to hide the fact that the show has turned to be all about Hook. Well at least he's honest and doesn't lie like always.

      That's not really him, it's a fake account. See how there are two I's in the name instead of 1?
      People are too bored.
      Lol, I don't know you could fall for that. Adam is never straightforward with such things XD.
      And even though I share somewhat downer views about the show; it's not all about Hook. Hook might be a fav, but it's not all about him.
      This season, yes. 5A: Hook is a Dark One. All of the Dark Swan events happened because of him. 5B: Save Hook from the Underworld. But don't worry, he'll surprisingly appear next to his girlfriend as a appreciation from the God because there is no such thing like "Laws of Magic". So yeah, this season is all about him.

      But not season 4, and it's more of the Emma and Hook relationship than anything else. I'm  pretty sure Zelena got a great deal of development and is the most developed character of the season.

      Anyhow, this isn't the thread to discuss this matter.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And don't forget Will Scarlet in 4A.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • srry, frget the link

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • srry, frget the link

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I always theorized that it might have been Jafar after OUATIW. Instead of Elsa's urn, it could have been a genie bottle and Jafar. That would have explained why they chose to bring Will Scarlet onto the main show when he seemed to have no real purpose over there. His plot may have been taken out when they got the chance to do Frozen instead. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.