FANDOM


  • I don't get why people like it so much. It did start out well, but then it turned out bad at the end.

    Let's look at the episodes:

    312 New York City Serenade:

    The episode was good. I liked seeing what has been going on with everyone, I liked the mystery revolving a new villain, alas it was kind of ruined by the promo. In addition, Emma totally did it with a flying monkey. which is hilarious.

    Unanswered Question: Why did Zelena need Regina's blood? Fan's speculations or writers answering on twiiter is not good enough, Those kind of question should be adressed on the show.

    313 Witch Hunt:

    I liked this episode, It was the best episode of the season, I liked everyone's reaction to the new curse, Emma meeting everyone, Henry doesn't know what's going on, which brings a new dynamic to the characters and I especially liked Regina and Emma's scenes.

    314 The Tower:

    A filler episode and not that interesting. I didn't like the blatant metaphore of male being neutered. I hated their spin on Rapunzel, which is a fairytale about the overprotectiveness of parents and how they need to let their children choose their own paths, but instead they made it about conquering your fear, which was dumb, because Repunzel feared more about going home than being locked in a tower forever.

    Unanswered Question: Why did Repunzel cry for help only to tell the man who came to help her to leave?

    315 Quiet Minds:

    Neal's death didn't make any sense and it was done poorly. You don't fake kill a guy and then bring him back only to kill him for good. It was obvious that it was done so Emma could be free to be with Hook cause the way Emma and Neal's relationship was written compared to Emma and Hook's made it impossible for her to choose Hook over Neal. It makes me angry because they took Emma's agency and that is not a good way to solve a love triangle. In addition, Neal was acting way out of character. He always ran away from Magic, He always knew that it is not the solution to his problems and still he insisted on find some for reasons. This was way out of character. Neal had so much potential as a character and had a potential to develop other characters - Rumple, Henry, Emma. He was connected to everyone.

    316 It's Not Easy Being Green:

    I hate puns - "It's the wicked west" even though Storybrooke is located at east! It's episodes like this that sometimes made me wonder if the show is really aimed for adults and not just children. As for Zelena's backstory - been there, done that. How many times do we have to see the villains who were unloved by their parents and abandoned? I also thought her motivation was weak - "You were born" woof.

    Unanswered Questions: Why didn't Zelena use the shoes to go to Wonderland and confront the woman who actually abandoned her instead of attacking someone who had nothing to do with it? Why didn't she try to talk with Regina, who might have accepted her and let her live in the palace with her?

    317 The Jolly Roger:

    Another filler episode  and the worst kind - a Hook filler episode! besides the boring scenes of Hook and his man pain, we got Snow and David acting stupidly and let a 13 year old to drive. The only thing I liked was Regina and Emma's scene and Emma's magic development.

    Unanswered Question: Why would Zelena think that Emma would kiss Hook after her true love died five minutes ago? suddenly everyone forgot Neal ever existed? that lips curse was ridiculous

    318 Bleeding Through:

    RETCON! RETCON! this episode just retconed Cora's backstory and created massive plot holes! it ruined two great episodes - The Stable Boy and The Miller's Daughter and for what? plot convenience? this was actually the first sign that the writers just didn't care anymore.

    Unanswered Questions: Why didn't Leopold recognize Cora in The Stable Boy? I don't care that says he did and they planned it all along - which is obviously false. Leopold was reasonable. and no reasonable person would mary the daughter of the fruitcake who tried to deceive him in the past. Why didn't Eva told Henry and his father about what Cora did? Why did they portray Eva as being mean when she actually did the right thing by telling Leopold about Cora and her schemes against the throne's succession, which is supposed to be considered treason and punishable by death.

    319 A Curious Thing:

    The episode that contradicts the "Dead is Dead" rule. The heroes kill innocent people and there are no consequences. Snow casts the Dark Curse and there are no Consequences. I admit that the scene when Snow crushes Charming's heart was touching and sad, but it was riuned by that ridiculous sharing a heart deus ex machina crap.

    Unanswered Questions: Who were the people our heroes killed? why was it never mentioned afterwards? why didn't they feel bad after realizing they killed innocent people? am I the only one that is bothered about that? Sharing a heart - why was it possible? what are the consequences?

    320 Kansas:

    The Worst episode of the season where everything and everyone were just stupid. I guess they realized they had one more episode in the season and everything has to end (cause god forbids they won't do a filler in the finale). Se Emma goes to defeat Zelena even though it was established that Zelena's main goal was to take Snow's baby, so she really should have stayed with her mother and protect her, but of course David comes up with the ingeniuos plan that she should take the one person that can neutralize her powers to "protect" her. why? because the script says so, we have only one episode! so they go there to face Zelena and she decides to drown Hook and throw him in the pool that suddenly and conveniently was just there. Emma, instead of moving Hook or the water,  decides to do CPR, FYI CPR != Kiss, so apparently inhaling and exhaling oxygen is like kissing and here I thought that kissing someone has to have romantic intentions. BTW, Emma and Hook's true love CPR does not break Zelena's curse, I wonder what it says about them as a couple (maybe they are not true loves after all). Zelena goes to the hospital ans since there is only one episode left, everyone is considerate and let her walk trhough and take the baby. Emma returns and explain to everyone that she doesn't have magic anymore (so much for going all that troubles and enact a second Dark Curse so they could find Emma so she could do... nothing - so much for being the savior). Henry tells Regina that she can do it if she believes in herself. of course she can do it, she saved the town millions of times because Emma is not capable of saving anyone, but don't you worry she'll get the credit for the defeating Zelena, otherwise this whole Savior thing deosn't really make sense. does it? Another thing that irritates me is how Emma is so inconsiderate towards Regina, Henry's real mother, about taking him back to New York and making it about Hook.

    Honesly, I could have handled all the inconcistencies this season had if we got a better pay off, but this episode felt really ani-climactic and made the lead character a BIG MACGUFFIN! think about that - they did the curse so Emma could defeat Zelena, only she didn't! Regina could have done that the whole time! she just needed to believe that she can be a hero. That is ridiculous!

    321/322 Snow Drifts\There's No Place Like Home:

    There's nothing much to say about the episode other than it was a two hour filler that wasted our time because the only consequences were Regina's happy ending destroyed and Frozen cash grab.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • On the contrary, I disagree. 3B wasn't season 1-good, but it was an improvement over 3A, and the show was going back to its roots. Compared to season 4 and 5A, 3B's storyline and character development was much better and didn't leave so much plot points open-ended.

      I liked the inclusion of Oz mythology in the show, and Zelena is one of the better villains that we've had. Some people may disagree, but I like that her backstory was driven by her abandonment as a child, which makes her seem more relatable as a character. If anyone had the power to change the past and make their parents love them, I'm sure they would take the chance. The writers perfectly used this concept to illustrate how it can be our downfall if we let our past control our actions. Plus, Rebecca Mader portrayed Zelena with a certain charm that I enjoyed.

      Personally, I think 3B could've been better. The missing year flashbacks were not used to their full potential, and I felt that the finale was out-of-place in regards to the rest of the season. Those two episodes could've fleshed out the Wicked arc even more, but I guess the writers wanted set-up for Frozen the next season. I agree that the Cora-centric episode pretty much destroyed "The Miller's Daughter". I think it would've been better if Zelena was Rumple's daughter when he and Cora were still together, which could've accounted for her green skin and inherent magical abilities.

      In a nutshell, I don't think 3B is overrated. Not fully utilised, but still better compared to the following seasons.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • As it's often contrasted with 3a, I find both to be about the same in level. Neverland was a touch more involved in the world of that arc and the character development was more spread out even if some of it was forced (i.e. Echo Caves). Season 3b has a slightly better ability to keep up a form of tone and while the worldbuilding was laughable for Oz, the plot was a tad better because they sat around for a while, but it was a bit more active than Neverland's endless trudge through the jungle. I mean, I swear thet Neverland is bigger than an Enchanted Forest kingdom because they literally spent a wreek walking across an island.

      But enough about that comparison. I'll go episode by episode in the next post, but 3b had a feeling of a threat, an unhinged villain with a decent and novel conflict. No power and control like the previous season 1, 2, and 3a main villains. Zelena had a weak backstory and envy problem, but she was consistent in skill and was successful (for the most part).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Season 3b was ok and better than 4a and all following ones in a number of categories. I still in part rank it over 4a because of the atmosphere. It had a level of seriousness that was completely lost when they brung Dinsey to life and inserted them into the show. No matter how much Frozen was good and the Frozen part of the show was god, that's not the show, what the main characters are doing is. I would say 3b fell flat towards the end, but was strong throughout even in the efforts of "bold storytelling". 12 New York City Serenade:

      Like all premieres, it was good. Nothing more.

      Unanswered Question: Why did Zelena need Regina's blood?

      Answer: To check relations, I guess Zelena didn't want to take any chances. And since we know they get worse with magic in season 5a, I'd take that blood test better than a tear test or something.

      313 Witch Hunt:

      Same. If you don't really see it thus far, Season 5a and 3b are pretty much similar at the start. It's one of the strongest parts of 3b.

      314 The Tower:

      I actually think this was the best David episode out of 3, 4, and 5, so far. This actually made me empathize with a person that sort of dwindled off of the sympathy trail in 3a. This gave him actual motives and if anything, David's relationship wasn't neutered like it was with Snow until the next seasons where their relationship is like a parody.

      Unanswered Question: Why did Repunzel cry for help only to tell the man who came to help her to leave?

      Answer: Perhaps it wasn't her. I have no clue why she wasn't dead because she must have been in their for at least a few weeks to a month or something. Anyhow, I like they didn't insert Disney yet because that was coming in to the show in which it becomes actually worse.

      315 Quiet Minds:

      Totally agree. Neal was completely out of character to rush to magic to solve his issues. See it would have been fine if Neal wasn't Bae, because it makes no sense. And as we know this "bold storytelling" leaves shipping to grow in strength and pandering, but less so this season (kinda) and then more so in the following ones.

      316 It's Not Easy Being Green:

      Technically, this is the Western World that they live in as well as the Western Hemisphere. So, punny pun is decent.

      Zelena's motives and backstory were meh and Season 5 gave her much stronger motivations, so I can't say 3b did that right. They could have made her jealous in a more sympathetic light.

      Unanswered Questions: Why didn't Zelena use the shoes to go to Wonderland and confront the woman who actually abandoned her instead of attacking someone who had nothing to do with it? Why didn't she try to talk with Regina, who might have accepted her and let her live in the palace with her?

      Answer: It's a logic quirk the show does. Zelena is the Regina to Regina. So, she has to misplace blame and never confront the actual problem (at least in this season.) Plus, chances are she was afraid and still is afraid to be abandoned again.

      317 The Jolly Roger:

      Well, if 3b is better in one character's episode in 3a (You know, Neverland and all), it's Hook's. Confirmed to me that Hook cares little about changing and more about himself and what he wants. It has never changed. Hook was never a hardcore villain but more of a decent guy wih an anger problem and largely opportunistic and he is still that way all the way in 5a, so there you go Hook fans! Say Regina hasn't changed and Rumple hasn't changed, but they do loops around Hook who has good acting, a pretty face, but stattic character growth. The love and relationship grew, but Hook hasn't changed much. Perhaps a little less crude and softer.

      Unanswered Question: Why would Zelena think that Emma would kiss Hook after her true love died five minutes ago? suddenly everyone forgot Neal ever existed? that lips curse was ridiculous

      Answer: Show logic. Time doesn't matter and force-feeding Hook-Emma stuff because they want fans to ignore that the relationship only occured at that time because of Neal's death. I mean, Emma probably would eventually choose Hook, but they never gave her that choice.

      318 Bleeding Through:

      It wasn't that retconny. I mean technically it is, but I mean without the full blunt of the negative connotation. It was good Regina-Snow stuff.........and that's about it because I'll give it a small bonus on character development because we know they never get to talk like that because cutting scenes in season 4 or it's abouit a man because that's what screams what you love about Regina. (yuck!)

      Unanswered Questions: Why didn't Leopold recognize Cora in The Stable Boy? I don't care that says he did and they planned it all along - which is obviously false. Leopold was reasonable. and no reasonable person would mary the daughter of the fruitcake who tried to deceive him in the past. Why didn't Eva told Henry and his father about what Cora did? Why did they portray Eva as being mean when she actually did the right thing by telling Leopold about Cora and her schemes against the throne's succession, which is supposed to be considered treason and punishable by death.

      Answer: They obvious don't plan and probably only halfway through an arc and get distracted by something else. If you don't trust her then, why trust her daughter. They could have gone with ---"He didn't remember her." It's completely valid as she never said her name and it has been like 30 years.

      319 A Curious Thing:

      The episode that doesn't contradict the "Dead is Dead" rule first, because technically it was Quiet Minds. That acting and level of love I am willing to let it slide. They are the fairytale love couple so I can let it slide because of love. Plus, it's sort of the highlight of Snow and David ever since.

      Unanswered Questions: Who were the people our heroes killed? why was it never mentioned afterwards? why didn't they feel bad after realizing they killed innocent people? am I the only one that is bothered about that? Sharing a heart - why was it possible? what are the consequences?

      Out of sight, out of mind. The show doesn't address the townsfolk problems because it's probably classist. Elite and close friends only do well off and everyone else is expendable. Sharing a heart is fine to me because even though it breaks logic, at least they are the truest of love. Always that suicidal streak, Snow.

      320 Kansas:

      Wasn't as bad as you think. All of it was Emma growth which was nice, but Hook began to annoy me at this point. Forced Kiss is Forced. Emma was annoying but it was reasonable. Sure she didn't consider everyone else, but it is her selfishness and "thinking about Henry" that at least stayed consistent until season 5a when she got her eyes caught in a hook.

      Regina's "light magic" was a deus ex machina and it's up there with wand mechanics of Zeelna's banishment. Just trying to keep up the part where Emma doesn't save the day but gets all the credit because the writers don't watch their own show. Plus, her light magic is never addressed again and it's assumed that it must be an elemental thing that she never accessed, but that whole thing devalued their whole magic system.

      321/322 Snow Drifts\There's No Place Like Home:

      Haha, I like Regina, but that's a terrible perspective. It was a cool concept that they perfected a bit in the 4 finale, but this was more meh and unnecessary. I rather it all a dream. It's that they brought an innocent woman and made Regina (the woman that killed her) the victim. Marian was the victim, things were never brought up, and she was devalued into someone more victimized than Belle. Hammering home how much Snow and Charming are like Emma and Hook, even though it's totally not even close.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I enjoyed 3B. I thought the take on the Oz mythos was good, the missing year flashbacks were interesting, because it was something different, and the new characters introduced (Zelena, Walsh, Glinda, Dorothy, Rapunzel, Lumiere, Black Beard, etc.) were good.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I enjoyed 3B. I thought the take on the Oz mythos was good, the missing year flashbacks were interesting, because it was something different, and the new characters introduced (Zelena, Walsh, Glinda, Dorothy, Rapunzel, Lumiere, Black Beard, etc.) were good.

      Here comes my response in 3....2....1!  I'd agree, but the Oz mythos was lacking and the missing year was missing the whole year. What do I mean? I mean we saw the starting month and the last month at most and that was it! Like at least some midway adventure or whatever they did for 8-9 months.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I liked Season 3B, but I wish it had been as long as the Neverland arc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I enjoyed 3B. I thought the take on the Oz mythos was good, the missing year flashbacks were interesting, because it was something different, and the new characters introduced (Zelena, Walsh, Glinda, Dorothy, Rapunzel, Lumiere, Black Beard, etc.) were good.
      Here comes my response in 3....2....1!  I'd agree, but the Oz mythos was lacking and the missing year was missing the whole year. What do I mean? I mean we saw the starting month and the last month at most and that was it! Like at least some midway adventure or whatever they did for 8-9 months.

      Exactly, they have been dealing with Zelena for one year and nothing more. It's like ep 12-13-14-15-17 were just the first few weeks up until ep 19, and in it we see flashbacks from various times in that year which is such a waste, they could have had more episodes on their journy to defeat Zelena, they could have showed more attemts at going back to LWM before jumping on the Dark Curse at once. This season could have been great if it were 22 episodes instead of 9 episodes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I enjoyed 3B. I thought the take on the Oz mythos was good, the missing year flashbacks were interesting, because it was something different, and the new characters introduced (Zelena, Walsh, Glinda, Dorothy, Rapunzel, Lumiere, Black Beard, etc.) were good.
      Here comes my response in 3....2....1!  I'd agree, but the Oz mythos was lacking and the missing year was missing the whole year. What do I mean? I mean we saw the starting month and the last month at most and that was it! Like at least some midway adventure or whatever they did for 8-9 months.

      Well, we saw enough of it for me, especially because I always figured Zelena would be back, so we'd get more Oz stuff later (which we are). And we saw what we needed to of the missing year for the plot of 3B. If something else important happened, we will see that flashback when we need to in a future episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      I enjoyed 3B. I thought the take on the Oz mythos was good, the missing year flashbacks were interesting, because it was something different, and the new characters introduced (Zelena, Walsh, Glinda, Dorothy, Rapunzel, Lumiere, Black Beard, etc.) were good.
      Here comes my response in 3....2....1!  I'd agree, but the Oz mythos was lacking and the missing year was missing the whole year. What do I mean? I mean we saw the starting month and the last month at most and that was it! Like at least some midway adventure or whatever they did for 8-9 months.
      Well, we saw enough of it for me, especially because I always figured Zelena would be back, so we'd get more Oz stuff later (which we are). And we saw what we needed to of the missing year for the plot of 3B. If something else important happened, we will see that flashback when we need to in a future episode.

      Just enough is part of the problem. It's perfectly fine and a good business move, but that's also the reason why we see the secondary characters so little and it's why the town feels so empty. They do just enough and nothing more in certain aspects. At least a missing year montage would be acceptable. It seems odd to have the characters sitting around for 8-9 months doing nothing. That sort of makes Zeelna look stupid because she could have did it back then.

      And as Fareb said, they could have used an extension. Or at least they could have made Frozen, missing year potential.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 3x13 is one of the best episodes so far. Evil Queen/Snow scenes were pure gold.

      3x16. Zelena motivation was envy. That's very fairytale-styled. 

      3x17 is one of the best Hook episodes so far. Hook+Ariel scenes were really good. Cursed lips was very fairytale-styled as well. 

      3x21/3x22 was totally needed and necessary because Emma needed to accept that she is daugther of Snow White and Prince Charming and that she is part of that world.

      She needed to see she was the missing part of a broken family that loved her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The only thing I didn't like about season 3b is the "witch fight" between Regina and Zelena was basically fireballs and Regina getting tossed all over the place. Like all the magic and knowledge these 2 witches have, you expect an epic showdown, PLUS rumple is there and all we get is a few mins of cheap magic. I also don't liek how Regina pulled light magic out of nowhere, meant to symbolize how she's changing for the better and we haven't seen her use any light magic whatsoever since then. So much for Emma being the only one who can use dark and light magic. lmao

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Trainer Green wrote:
      The only thing I didn't like about season 3b is the "witch fight" between Regina and Zelena was basically fireballs and Regina getting tossed all over the place. Like all the magic and knowledge these 2 witches have, you expect an epic showdown, PLUS rumple is there and all we get is a few mins of cheap magic. I also don't liek how Regina pulled light magic out of nowhere, meant to symbolize how she's changing for the better and we haven't seen her use any light magic whatsoever since then. So much for Emma being the only one who can use dark and light magic. lmao

      Well, I want a epic witch fight too, but I can see the justification why. The constant question is why don't you go for the win? If Voldemort didn't spam Avada kedavra, he'd be wasting time, which would be sort of just be for show. Only even competitors tend to have long fights..

      Deus ex machina for the win. They actuially never should have differentiated because they sort of dropped the ball with her light magic only being an anomaly. Emma was only light at that time.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Besides, Zelena needed Regina's heart 

      And I suspect she needed Regina being alive to casting the spell. I don't think the spell would have work with a dead heart

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Trainer Green wrote:
      The only thing I didn't like about season 3b is the "witch fight" between Regina and Zelena was basically fireballs and Regina getting tossed all over the place. Like all the magic and knowledge these 2 witches have, you expect an epic showdown, PLUS rumple is there and all we get is a few mins of cheap magic. I also don't liek how Regina pulled light magic out of nowhere, meant to symbolize how she's changing for the better and we haven't seen her use any light magic whatsoever since then. So much for Emma being the only one who can use dark and light magic. lmao

      God, this episode was filled with ridiculous one liners...

      "It's the Wicked West"

      "Don't you know that black is my color? and look my gloves are red and yours are green. LOL how fitting RITE"

      Where was Tinkerbell during all of this? I really needed someone shouting "Green is my color". 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      Trainer Green wrote:
      The only thing I didn't like about season 3b is the "witch fight" between Regina and Zelena was basically fireballs and Regina getting tossed all over the place. Like all the magic and knowledge these 2 witches have, you expect an epic showdown, PLUS rumple is there and all we get is a few mins of cheap magic. I also don't liek how Regina pulled light magic out of nowhere, meant to symbolize how she's changing for the better and we haven't seen her use any light magic whatsoever since then. So much for Emma being the only one who can use dark and light magic. lmao
      God, this episode was filled with ridiculous one liners...

      "It's the Wicked West"

      "Don't you know that black is my color? and look my gloves are red and yours are green. LOL how fitting RITE"

      Where was Tinkerbell during all of this? I really needed someone shouting "Green is my color". 

      lol!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • On the contrary, I disagree. 3B wasn't season 1-good, but it was an improvement over 3A, and the show was going back to its roots


      I've been watching Season 1 lately.  Frankly, I think it's a bit overrated.  I thought that the best part of the season had stretched between "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" and "The Stable Boy".  Otherwise, I thought that the other parts of the season were hit or miss for me.  And the season featured one-shot character episodes that really had very little to do with the overall story arc.


      I enjoyed most of Season 2 (up to "Welcome to Storybrooke"), Season 3 and Season 4B more.


      BTW, Emma and Hook's true love CPR does not break Zelena's curse,

      That was about Emma applying CPR to Hook in order to save his life, not "true love's kiss".  All she needed to do was touch his lips with her and her powers were taken away.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CTrent29 wrote:
      On the contrary, I disagree. 3B wasn't season 1-good, but it was an improvement over 3A, and the show was going back to its roots


      I've been watching Season 1 lately.  Frankly, I think it's a bit overrated.  I thought that the best part of the season had stretched between "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" and "The Stable Boy".  Otherwise, I thought that the other parts of the season were hit or miss for me.  And the season featured one-shot character episodes that really had very little to do with the overall story arc.


      I enjoyed most of Season 2 (up to "Welcome to Storybrooke"), Season 3 and Season 4B more.


      BTW, Emma and Hook's true love CPR does not break Zelena's curse,

      That was about Emma applying CPR to Hook in order to save his life, not "true love's kiss".  All she needed to do was touch his lips with her and her powers were taken away.

      I actually disagree. I thought the frame of Mary Margaret didn't really make sense, especially since the night Kathryn disappeared, MM was with Emma, so she had an aliby.

      Season 2 is underrated. It had the best character development in the series.

      Season 3A is the most underrated season. It was their most original take on a children story, not to mention the darkest.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Farerb wrote:
      CTrent29 wrote:
      On the contrary, I disagree. 3B wasn't season 1-good, but it was an improvement over 3A, and the show was going back to its roots

      I've been watching Season 1 lately.  Frankly, I think it's a bit overrated.  I thought that the best part of the season had stretched between "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" and "The Stable Boy".  Otherwise, I thought that the other parts of the season were hit or miss for me.  And the season featured one-shot character episodes that really had very little to do with the overall story arc.


      I enjoyed most of Season 2 (up to "Welcome to Storybrooke"), Season 3 and Season 4B more.


      BTW, Emma and Hook's true love CPR does not break Zelena's curse,

      That was about Emma applying CPR to Hook in order to save his life, not "true love's kiss".  All she needed to do was touch his lips with her and her powers were taken away.

      I actually disagree. I thought the frame of Mary Margaret didn't really make sense, especially since the night Kathryn disappeared, MM was with Emma, so she had an aliby.

      Season 2 is underrated. It had the best character development in the series.

      Season 3A is the most underrated season. It was their most original take on a children story, not to mention the darkest.

      Season 1 was good as it was simply establishing and not much more than that. The case against MM was suppose to be obvious. We the viewers knew MM was innocent, Emma had to find a way to save her because stuff. It's also like the only time someone actually was imprisioned for a real crime....until Arthur, I guess.

      Season 2 gave development to all characters in their compositie form and actually was the best of David ever, which is funny. It was only sort of weak due to the quick Regina backslide and that it sort of floundered a bit in the middle.

      Season 3a was good as well, but most detractors only seem to remember the potted plants on the set and how it was always dark. This was the first main arc that had sufficeint LOST Potential because Neverland wasn't really explored and was sort of peripheral, but at least it was consistent, unlike 5a's treatment of Camelot crew.

      I think I can even include 3b with it's fanfic-y ways and say that season 1-3 could have been the entire series and it could have been strong. Even more creative would have been to do Season 3 ending with Emma becoming the DO, Rumple remaining dead or something in redemption and then season 5 and so on. I think season 4 was a weird mess that threw much of the show off-kilter.

      I'm one that can't actually believe that the writers could go from adequate (with it's shippy fanservice starting) to hyperactive and with a short attention span in the matter of 1 year.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.