I think Evanna is not just simply an ordinary woman.
Because when the show introduces a well-know character’s unseen mother / father / brother …, the episode that he/she shows up will usually be the backstory for either that well-know character or himself / herself and that's it.
Here are 3 examples :
- In “Good Form”, Liam Jones (Hook’s brother) appeared => That episode showed how Killian Jones became Captain Hook and why he disliked Neverland.
- In “Think Lovely Thoughts”, Malcolm (Rumple’s father) was introduced => That episode showed how he became Peter Pan after they travelled to Neverland and why Rumple hated his dad.
- In “Family Busniess”, Colette (Belle’s mother) was seen => That episode showed how the young Belle became the brave Belle, who loved books and wanted to decide her own fate by staying with Rumple.
The only 2 exceptions (that I can think of) are :
- Cora, who was introduced in season 1 but later became the Big Bad in season 2
- Lily, who appeared in season 4A but then had her 3-episode arc and will probably have a big arc in season 5
That's why I don't think there will be a backstory for Rumple as a child because of her mother
Morever, how much can a “beautiful, pluck, strong woman with a Scottish accent” do in that epsiode of hers ? Her boy got kidnapped / got trapped in a fire … so she rushed to save him then died as a hero and that’s it ???
I mean, every single flashback has its meaning. Like in “Mother”, we (all) thought it was just a random Cora VS Regina story but then it revealed why she needed to adopt a child and who is Regina’s worst enemy …
Also, I think she will appear in 5x02 as the writers have finished writing 5x01 and released the casting calls for Merlin, Arthur and Guinevere.
A lot will happen in that episode and there need to be rooms for introducing the Camelot trio. So I doubt that Evanna will show up with the three most famous people in that land.
Unless Rumple’s mom has some role in Camelot (as Morgan Le Fay maybe ?), it will be weird to see the sorcerer, the king, the queen with … a boy’s mother
Therefore, I think Evanna is not a normal woman :)
I'm assuming that Evanna isn't her name and she has to relate to Camelot, right? Rumple was born hundreds of years prior though (That is if Camelot is present day or Snow-Charming's time) and the Dark One preceds even him.
So, this will likely be a 3x02 or 4x02 episode that is rather unrelated and probably unnecessary, but some meaning will carry through that will effect the characters. I would highly be suprised if Rumple is up an about already.
Agree, Magnificent post. However, this belongs in the Spoilers section, and is being moved there.
It's interesting that, after 4 seasons, we are finally going to get to meet Rumple's Mom. Up 'til now, I think we've all been assuming that there was nothing really special about her.
As for Rumple being up and around, if the Apprentice did die (or dies in the Premiere), the preservation spell that he put on Rumple would likely dispel, and Rumple would wake up, and probably totally discombobulated. (But this is a different topic for a different thread.)
No, more likely 5x02, maybe even 5x03. But they need to find the person to fill that role quickly, and they want to have time to do it before they get caught up in the day to day grind of filming the episodes, which starts in a couple of weeks. And with also having to manage auditions for Arthur, Guinever, and Merlin, that is 4 relatively major roles to cast. And that's just the ones we know about.