FANDOM


  • Hello everyone! Are you excited about the second half of Season Four? I deinetely am!! Anyway, there are lots of things we still need to figure out here at the Once Upon a Time Wiki, and Applegirl and I thought it was right about time we asked you all about a topic that has never been properly established: what makes an element of the show important enough to have an article of its own in the wiki? I apologize beforehand for the tediously long thread, but please, read the whole thing before you answer. Well, here we go:

    3 Possible Points of View

    I am going to make a list of all the possible points of view regarding this matter trying to be as objective and unbiased as possible, and I will separately give my opinion on each of them. Feel free to disagree with me: your opinions are as valid! :)

    Extremist Page Creators

    Some wikis adopt this kind of policy. They create a page for every single thing that could have at least a sentence written about it. To quote a wiki of this kind:

    [...] there's no such thing as an article that's "too small" or "too insignificant". If a noun appears in a narrative we cover, it almost certainly deserves its own article here. [...] For instance, you might not think there is an article called Glasses because it's such a mundane word. [...] Sure enough, we do indeed have an article called Glasses.

    My Opinion on Extremist Page Creation

    • Killian Jones says: I think this is not the solution we are looking for. Would you imagine, having a page for every single thing that appears on the show? Dog-necklaces, lunch-boxes and cutlery? Nope. I believe that is not what we are looking for. Next.

    Pages for MAJOR stuff ONLY

    Some users argue that we should not have pages for some elements because they only appear in one episode or two. Arguments have taken place in regards to this kind of thinking for cases such as the Cheshire Cat, Silvermist, or Midas' Castle. According to this point of view, only major elements deserve pages.

    My Opinion on Pages for MAJOR stuff ONLY

    • Killian Jones says: I am firmly against this. For one, let's bare in mind that the Once Upon a Time Wiki is an ENCYCLOPEDIA, which leads me to the third option:

    Encyclopedia

    For the sake of that term, I'm going to quote a definition from Dictionary.com:

    Encyclopedia: a book, set of books, optical disc, mobile device, or online informational resource containing articles on various topics, usually in alphabetical arrangement, covering all branches of knowledge or, less commonly, all aspects of one subject.

    Exactly. All aspects of one subject is our case. Key word: all. This is not to be confused with the Extremist Page Creator side, but rather sticks to the very escence of Wikia: to be a online community driven encyclopedia. This means we should have pages for every relevant element of the show. This includes characters/locations/items which take place in on screen interactions with other characters/locations/pages importantly enough for a regular view to remember, but NOT background elements.

    • Relevant Elements: these elements include major elements (Emma, Snow White, The Enchanted Forest, Storybrooke, the Dark Curse, Henry's Book, etc.), elements of varying importance (Red Riding Hood, Archie Hopper, Neverland, Storybrooke Library, Arendelle, etc.) and minor elements. Minor Elements are relevant to the show. They might not appear on every episode nor be of extreme importance, but without them everything would be different. Examples of Minor Elements are the Cheshire Cat (without his interactions with Alice, the Knave would still have stolen her wishes somehow and not help her rescue Cyrus), Midas' Castle (without it Snow would have never stolen the enchanted ring /in the alternate reality/ and Emma would've never had her first ball), etc. etc. According to this point of view, Minor Elements DEFINITELY deserve a page.
    • Background Elements: these elements are those who add nothing to the show. The storyline could work just fine without them. This characters are good left in the Lists of Characters, where they ALL the information that can be provided about them is given due to it not being enough for a page. Examples of background elements are Trish (that girl who Regina killed in "The Doctor", you probably didn't remember her), the Ogre who didn't even speak in "The Thing You Love Most"

    My Opinion on the Encyclopedia

    • Killian Jones says: I agree completely with acting as the encyclopedia we are, and having pages for all relevant elements (major, debatably important and minor), but not for background elements.

    My Conclusion

    I clearly think we should clearly root for the Encyclopedia option. Let's be true to our purpose, and strive to be as good an encyclopedia about Once Upon a Time as we can!

    YOUR TURN!

    Are you still with me? Have I bored you to death already? I hope not! Please share your thoughts regarding this matter, and thank you for your time.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree, the Encyclopedia option seems to be the most logical and works best for this kind of thing. The Extremest Page Creator, just makes it hard to find what is actually important, and most background elements can be covered in some sort of list page anyway. The Major Stuff Only option seems good for a general online encyclopedia, like Wikipedia, but we are what I like to call a specialty wiki (we deal in one specific topic, that being the tv show Once Upon A Time, and any media that spins off of that), and so we should be more in depth than Wikipedia, for example. That all being said, aren't we already in the Encyclopedia style? Was this just for users to confirm what we already are?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We are currently a mix of the Encyclopedia style and the Major Pages Only one. In the past, many pages have been deleted just for not being of huge importance, and there are still some few discussions regarding minor pages being deleted. I intend to make the Encyclopedia style the 100% of the wiki. Thanks for the support!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I totally agree with everything! Hopefully everyone else does too because I would HATE to do the first two options. But I think we should still enclude backround elements on thw wiki. But I don't think they should have their own page either. So the way it is right now (for Trish, the Ogre etc.) I think is perfect. Your thread wasn't that long! Also it was very interesting to read! Have a great day! :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't really have anything to add to it. the Encyclopedia imo is the best thing. You're absolutely right about minor things like Cheshire and Silvermist. They all have had some importance in the show, even though minor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      We are currently a mix of the Encyclopedia style and the Major Pages Only one. In the past, many pages have been deleted just for not being of huge importance, and there are still some few discussions regarding minor pages being deleted. I intend to make the Encyclopedia style the 100% of the wiki. Thanks for the support!

      Okay, I get it now, so more of the small but important elements will get their own page. Cool.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I definitely agree with Killian's view for the third option, in which we do have pages for major items/locations/characters as well as pages for minor items/locations/characters that play a signifcant part in the episode/episodes they appear in.

      I absolutely am against extremist page creators (the first option) because this wiki could very quickly come a clutter space for 5000+ pages with most of them not being very revelant to the wiki as a whole. For my own definition, I would say characters in this category that do not deserve a page :

      A) Have no given name (Example: Characters with press release credited names like Peasant 1, Black Knight 1/2/3/4/5, etc) or, B) Do have a given name, and either did not speak a single line or only spoke like two-three lines in the episode he/she appeared in (Example: Trish from "The Doctor", Hans' brothers, Honora - the mute maid Rumplestiltskin killed after she saw the Dark One's Dagger, the Royal Doctor that tended to Queen Eva when she was sick, etc). In my opinion, there is also the C) option, which is that characters that are only mentioned, and who have not made a physical appearance on the show (unless the character is officially confirmed to appear in an upcoming episode) should not get a page, either.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thanks J-lomini!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I completely agree with the Encyclopedia thing.

      But I disagree with your C point Nat. Some mentionned elements are clearly important for the story and a lot of plots, even if they do not (yet?) appear. I'm talking about The Author or Camelot. The Author is really important and is a part of the Encyclopedia thing explained by Killian; without him, no book, no Henry finding Emma. Then Camelot is really important for 203 and 302 and important for 411. I think it is enough (more than Golden Castle) for a page ^^

      So yeah, Agree with the Encyclopedia thing, but we need to decide about these mentionned elements. ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I totally agree with both Apple's A and B points and with Lady's thoughts regarding C.

      I suggest the following: mentioned only elements WILL have pages, unless their existance is debatable. For example, Camelot is obviously a real location. Camelot can have a page. The Author can have a page too, it was confirmed that we will learn who he is, and therefore he is someone. Even if we have yet to see him he is relevant.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I personally lean towards option three, we're an ENCYCLOPEDIA not a info dumping ground!! So yes, I vote option C; Information that is extrenemy important, in this case, Snow White, Elsa, or Charming get pages, then pages regarding minorly important things, in this case; magic, who uses it, etc, gets into a list like page, and finally ,the barely seen barely worth worrying about things, glases, Oaken, etc, these we put into a items or characters list as we already have it.


      All in all, I agree with option 3: We are an ENCYCLOPEDIA!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Considering what Lady and Killian said about my option C, I agree that mentioned elements can have pages unless we don't know for sure if the item/location/character exists. That sounds fair to me, so I have no further arguments against this idea.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Since we're on the topic of pages, I wanted to talk about pages for species and creatures. Okay, so... in the past, how it was decided if a creature got a species page is if more than one creature of that species appeared in the show. Example: Giants, Fairies, Mermaids, Dwarves. But for a creature that has only appeared once and we've never seen another one of the same creatures, that creature either goes on the List of Species page or goes on the List of Species page and has its own page if it's important enough. Personally, I still feel it's too speculative to make pages for a species if only one of those creatures has been seen on the show, and it's not known if there is more than one of them. Example: The Wraith - It's not known if there are other wraiths in existence, or if that was the only one, so having a "Wraiths" page may be inaccurate and not factual at all.

      Also, I wanted to ask if pages for creatures and species will also be determined in the same way we will be making pages based on Killian's suggested third option. Example: Bandersnatch. 

      I feel the Bandersnatch is important enough to have a page, but I don't know if this opinion of mine is right or wrong. For some characters, I can immediately tell if they don't need a page (like Trish and everyone else I mentioned in my first post), but for others, I'm not so sure. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prof. Draco wrote:
      For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.


      That looks like a good possibility.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prof. Draco wrote: For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

      We already have Lists of Characters for that :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • @Apple yes, the Bandersnatch definitely deserves a page following the Encyclopedia concept. It is not background, it is minor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Prof. Draco wrote: For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

      We already have Lists of Characters for that :P

      It's more detailed and informative.It just seems like an efficient way of keeping track of all of those minor characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prof. Draco wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote:

      Prof. Draco wrote: For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

      We already have Lists of Characters for that :P

      It's more detailed and informative.It just seems like an efficient way of keeping track of all of those minor characters.

      What we could work on is the format of the list pages. Perhaps we can make them tables. I will think about that and possibly make a table prototype to test it out! :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Prof. Draco wrote: For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

      We already have Lists of Characters for that :P


      Yeah, that's also true. We already have somewhere to list minor characters, and plus, it's easily accessible since the character's section is linked to the character's name on the episode page's press release section.

      Killian Jones wrote: @Apple yes, the Bandersnatch definitely deserves a page following the Encyclopedia concept. It is not background, it is minor.

      Oh, that's good to hear. XD I kept wondering if I was overthinking the issue and considering the Bandersnatch to be minor when it's background.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Prof. Draco wrote:


      Killian Jones wrote:

      Prof. Draco wrote: For the minor characters, the Grimm wiki has a neat concept where a seprate page is made for each episode to list the minor characters, their actors and any role hey had in the plot.

      http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Menace/Co-stars

      Like so. This could work. Saves having a page for each individual person.

      We already have Lists of Characters for that :P
      It's more detailed and informative.It just seems like an efficient way of keeping track of all of those minor characters.
      What we could work on is the format of the list pages. Perhaps we can make them tables. I will think about that and possibly make a table prototype to test it out! :D


      I do like the idea of having templates for characters on the list pages as on the link Prof. Draco linked, though. It could be a sort of guide for important info statistics about the characters. A template parameter for "Appears in" and "Portrayed by" for the List of Characters pages could save us the trouble of having the write the intro paragraph, "____ is a character that appears in ____. He/she is portrayed by ____" for each character on the list pages. Although, I know this issue was already discussed in another highlighted thread and the majority of people there agreed on keeping the intro sentences....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      @Apple yes, the Bandersnatch definitely deserves a page following the Encyclopedia concept. It is not background, it is minor.

      Similarly, Mome Raths should get a page, whereas the Sarlak (the Star Wars thing) should only be on a list of creatures page.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Indeed. I'm creating a template right now :D I'll share it with you guys when I finish.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like the whole Encyclopedia idea because this wiki can have a lot of good articles about important/minor characters and items and locations because they do serve a good purpose in the episodes they are shown in and I really like the fact that the wiki should be expanded more with articles that are  not just dubbed not important enough anymore. I have some ideas about potential articles too and I like the idea for the new concept for the List of Characters pages, hopefully a picture could be included in them and I'm for a Bandersnatch and Mome Raths pages and maybe the Dragon from the Shepherd and the wing-armed dragon from Bad Blood and maybe possibly Cora's Masquerade Courtiers or be listed with the new concept guide. But overall I really look forward to new articles to this great Encyclopedia.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FanoftheMagicMirror wrote:
      I like the whole Encyclopedia idea because this wiki can have a lot of good articles about important/minor characters and items and locations because they do serve a good purpose in the episodes they are shown in and I really like the fact that the wiki should be expanded more with articles that are  not just dubbed not important enough anymore. I have some ideas about potential articles too and I like the idea for the new concept for the List of Characters pages, hopefully a picture could be included in them and I'm for a Bandersnatch and Mome Raths pages and maybe the Dragon from the Shepherd and the wing-armed dragon from Bad Blood and maybe possibly Cora's Masquerade Courtiers or be listed with the new concept guide. But overall I really look forward to new articles to this great Encyclopedia.


      While I agree with you that the Bandersnatch, Mome Raths, and the dragons deserve pages, Cora's masquerade courtiers would be considered background characters, in my opinion, because they served no other purpose besides that. Killian's third suggestion was for having pages for both major and minor characters, but not for background-ish characters with no lines.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)

      YES PLEASE TO ALL OF THIS....... stupid capslock.... But yes, this is EXACTLY what I think should be done; perhaps for all characters ? {for example, this template in the Arendelle Characteres list; for the characters that already have pages, we can put brief info like is here with an image, then a link saying "for further info on this character, please see {name}"} This section could also include family relations ? {for example; Rumple could have it say somewhere "Known Relations: Baelfire; son, deceased"} or something like it.

      Otherwise I like it a lot

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:

      FanoftheMagicMirror wrote:
      I like the whole Encyclopedia idea because this wiki can have a lot of good articles about important/minor characters and items and locations because they do serve a good purpose in the episodes they are shown in and I really like the fact that the wiki should be expanded more with articles that are  not just dubbed not important enough anymore. I have some ideas about potential articles too and I like the idea for the new concept for the List of Characters pages, hopefully a picture could be included in them and I'm for a Bandersnatch and Mome Raths pages and maybe the Dragon from the Shepherd and the wing-armed dragon from Bad Blood and maybe possibly Cora's Masquerade Courtiers or be listed with the new concept guide. But overall I really look forward to new articles to this great Encyclopedia.


      While I agree with you that the Bandersnatch, Mome Raths, and the dragons deserve pages, Cora's masquerade courtiers would be considered background characters, in my opinion, because they served no other purpose besides that. Killian's third suggestion was for having pages for both major and minor characters, but not for background-ish characters with no lines.

      Yes, Cora's Courtiers are just background... there could be a section dedicated to them in the List of Wonderland Characters.

      Teyilia wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote:
      Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)

      YES PLEASE TO ALL OF THIS....... stupid capslock.... But yes, this is EXACTLY what I think should be done; perhaps for all characters ? {for example, this template in the Arendelle Characteres list; for the characters that already have pages, we can put brief info like is here with an image, then a link saying "for further info on this character, please see {name}"} This section could also include family relations ? {for example; Rumple could have it say somewhere "Known Relations: Baelfire; son, deceased"} or something like it.

      Otherwise I like it a lot

      Yes, that is what I am planning to do :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Teyilia wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote:
      Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)
      YES PLEASE TO ALL OF THIS....... stupid capslock.... But yes, this is EXACTLY what I think should be done; perhaps for all characters ? {for example, this template in the Arendelle Characteres list; for the characters that already have pages, we can put brief info like is here with an image, then a link saying "for further info on this character, please see {name}"} This section could also include family relations ? {for example; Rumple could have it say somewhere "Known Relations: Baelfire; son, deceased"} or something like it.

      Otherwise I like it a lot

      Yes, that is what I am planning to do :)

      Okies! But the list of relations would only be in the characters list for say "List of Enchanted Forest Characters" not in the character profiles, those pages I think we'd leave alone for the moment yes ?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Applegirl wrote:


      FanoftheMagicMirror wrote:
      I like the whole Encyclopedia idea because this wiki can have a lot of good articles about important/minor characters and items and locations because they do serve a good purpose in the episodes they are shown in and I really like the fact that the wiki should be expanded more with articles that are  not just dubbed not important enough anymore. I have some ideas about potential articles too and I like the idea for the new concept for the List of Characters pages, hopefully a picture could be included in them and I'm for a Bandersnatch and Mome Raths pages and maybe the Dragon from the Shepherd and the wing-armed dragon from Bad Blood and maybe possibly Cora's Masquerade Courtiers or be listed with the new concept guide. But overall I really look forward to new articles to this great Encyclopedia.

      While I agree with you that the Bandersnatch, Mome Raths, and the dragons deserve pages, Cora's masquerade courtiers would be considered background characters, in my opinion, because they served no other purpose besides that. Killian's third suggestion was for having pages for both major and minor characters, but not for background-ish characters with no lines.
      Yes, Cora's Courtiers are just background... there could be a section dedicated to them in the List of Wonderland Characters.


      Teyilia wrote:


      Killian Jones wrote:
      Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)
      YES PLEASE TO ALL OF THIS....... stupid capslock.... But yes, this is EXACTLY what I think should be done; perhaps for all characters ? {for example, this template in the Arendelle Characteres list; for the characters that already have pages, we can put brief info like is here with an image, then a link saying "for further info on this character, please see {name}"} This section could also include family relations ? {for example; Rumple could have it say somewhere "Known Relations: Baelfire; son, deceased"} or something like it.

      Otherwise I like it a lot

      Yes, that is what I am planning to do :)

      As far as Cora's Courtiers, if they get a section then doesn't every minor group of people have to get a section? Like Wonderland has: Cora's Guards, Red King/Queen's Guards, Jafar's Guards, Catipillar's "Workers", Wonderland Peasants, etc. Where do we draw the line exactly? I mean almost all royals we've seen on this show have guards (and at some point one or more of them have had a line of dialog with said royal), and every world is almost certainly going to have peasants. Does this make sense? I'm just not sure when we cross over into being an extreme page (or section) creator.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I AGREE WITH THE 3RD OPTION

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:

      Applegirl wrote:


      FanoftheMagicMirror wrote:
      I like the whole Encyclopedia idea because this wiki can have a lot of good articles about important/minor characters and items and locations because they do serve a good purpose in the episodes they are shown in and I really like the fact that the wiki should be expanded more with articles that are  not just dubbed not important enough anymore. I have some ideas about potential articles too and I like the idea for the new concept for the List of Characters pages, hopefully a picture could be included in them and I'm for a Bandersnatch and Mome Raths pages and maybe the Dragon from the Shepherd and the wing-armed dragon from Bad Blood and maybe possibly Cora's Masquerade Courtiers or be listed with the new concept guide. But overall I really look forward to new articles to this great Encyclopedia.

      While I agree with you that the Bandersnatch, Mome Raths, and the dragons deserve pages, Cora's masquerade courtiers would be considered background characters, in my opinion, because they served no other purpose besides that. Killian's third suggestion was for having pages for both major and minor characters, but not for background-ish characters with no lines.
      Yes, Cora's Courtiers are just background... there could be a section dedicated to them in the List of Wonderland Characters.


      Teyilia wrote:


      Killian Jones wrote:
      Here. You can take a look at how it could look in the LWC Characters, where I've been testing the new design. What do you guys think? This way we are even more true to the encyclopedia logic, since we are giving more details to the entries in the Lists of Characters (i.e., first and last appearance/mention, gender, sttatus, etc.)
      YES PLEASE TO ALL OF THIS....... stupid capslock.... But yes, this is EXACTLY what I think should be done; perhaps for all characters ? {for example, this template in the Arendelle Characteres list; for the characters that already have pages, we can put brief info like is here with an image, then a link saying "for further info on this character, please see {name}"} This section could also include family relations ? {for example; Rumple could have it say somewhere "Known Relations: Baelfire; son, deceased"} or something like it.

      Otherwise I like it a lot

      Yes, that is what I am planning to do :)
      As far as Cora's Courtiers, if they get a section then doesn't every minor group of people have to get a section? Like Wonderland has: Cora's Guards, Red King/Queen's Guards, Jafar's Guards, Catipillar's "Workers", Wonderland Peasants, etc. Where do we draw the line exactly? I mean almost all royals we've seen on this show have guards (and at some point one or more of them have had a line of dialog with said royal), and every world is almost certainly going to have peasants. Does this make sense? I'm just not sure when we cross over into being an extreme page (or section) creator.

      I'd say only mention them if we know the actor/actress or if they contributed in any way to the actual plot. Otherwise they're not worth mentioning.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with the encyclopedia style.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      Thanks J-lomini!



      Your Welcome!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I totally agree with everything you said, Killian! And even more because my page (Midas' Castle) is a suggestion for deletion. xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I understand that characters that appear for a very brief time should not have a page, but what about Ana's mom? She doesn't have her own page, but the Red King does; and he was only in one episode (two if you think she's Madame Tremaine). She was a big part of Ana's life and her influence is what caused Ana to fall under Cora's wing and become curropted.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I disagree with Ana's mom. First she does not have a name. Yhen, she is not really important in her only episode; whereas the Red King was.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She didn't appear that much in the episode, but she was a basis for almost all of Ana's actions when she was younger.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If she doesn't have a page now, then she has to have one when she is confirmed as Madame Tremaine (which I'm certain is going to happen in 4B).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      I disagree with Ana's mom. First she does not have a name. Yhen, she is not really important in her only episode; whereas the Red King was.

      I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't make a page for a character because we don't know their given name. And I'd argue she is just as important to the plot as the Red King was.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anastasia's mother used to have a page. I remember it was just called Mother/Noble Woman or something like that and she had a fair amount of information for a paragraph. It was around the same time Silvermist and Cheshire Cat had pages before all three were taken down. The other two came back or maybe the mother's page can come back.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thats a thing i saw coming with this encyclopedia thing. Everyone will want to create a page, saying it is important. ana's mother is definitely not as important as the red king or silvermist or the cheshire cat. I mean, you could just replace her by one of ana's sisters it would be the same thing. Her mother is not important for the plot of her episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ana's mom kinda is in the same ship as the other two witches from Oz imo

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thank you DarkKingdomHearts :) I completely agree with you :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:

      Lady Junky wrote:
      I disagree with Ana's mom. First she does not have a name. Yhen, she is not really important in her only episode; whereas the Red King was.

      I don't think it's fair to say we shouldn't make a page for a character because we don't know their given name. And I'd argue she is just as important to the plot as the Red King was.

      I would be okay with restoring the page for Ana's mother. She was a very minor character, but she wasn't a complete background character that only said like two lines. I did say earlier in this thread I wouldn't like pages for characters that don't have names, but I meant this for characters that fit the criteria as background characters. Also, it can also be said that we don't know the Red King's personal name, and "Red King" is his title and press release name, yet he has a page, so I don't think it can be argued in this situation that Ana's mom can't have a page if she has no name.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That's not the same thing Nat. Even if the Red King does not have an official name, he has an official designation: Red King, which could take the place of his name. A lot of characters have the same thing: Evil Queen, WWoW. Look before we know the SQ's name is Ingrid, her page was called Snow Queen because it is her official designation. Ana's mom is credited Mother/Woman. First of all, as Killian did with grendel/handsome man, we must choose one of the two names. In either case, mother or woman, it is not a good thing because she is not the Mother or the Woman. She does not have a name or an official designation.

      Another proof of that: us! When we talk about the Red King we use Red King cos it is his official designation. for Ana's mom, we use Ana's mom, not Mother/Woman ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ana's mother is not background. She might not be as important as other characters, but she is not what we define as background. She deserves a page.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel like I'm interrupting something, but in Regina's words, "You remember Claude?" Even he may not reappear and is forgotten amongst the other Black Knights, he has his name mentioned twice 2x09, "Queen of Hearts", and 2x11, travelling with Belle and his earliest (timeline-wise scene). I understand if he doesn't get a page, but he does speak, only a few lines and has appeared twice, at least.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I was just trying to remember which character's page I wanted to create/undelete. It was Claude! Great! :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Feel free to add content to Claude's page. If nobody does it by tomorrow, I will.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Thats a thing i saw coming with this encyclopedia thing. Everyone will want to create a page, saying it is important. ana's mother is definitely not as important as the red king or silvermist or the cheshire cat. I mean, you could just replace her by one of ana's sisters it would be the same thing. Her mother is not important for the plot of her episode.

      Except we've seen Ana's mom, and she is a major reason that Ana had issues with herself. We know nothing of her sisters, except that they exist (if they confirm Cinderella is the step sister, then obviously we know about her). I would not suggest creating a page for Ana's sisters, or Penelope (Will's sister), or other characters that are not scene/have no dialog. I feel that once you appear and have dialog, and are a named character or have a title, and/or a direct relation to a major character, you have enough to get a page. For example: random unnamed guards Regina has should not get a page, but guards she specifically refered to by name (I think there's Claude, Rivers, and Tibbits or something) could have a page. At the very least, we should expand these characters sections on a list page, with a picture and a link to that part of the page if you search for it by name. Also, Witch of East and Witch of North are at least the same level of title as Red King. Saying he deserves a page and they don't is silly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      I was just trying to remember which character's page I wanted to create/undelete. It was Claude! Great! :D

      Will try to think of character that should have pages and don't. Off the top of my head: Millie (Alice's half sister) needs one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel Ana's mother still deserves a page. At the very least, her role and speaking lines were bigger than the Witch of the East and North. Those two witches did nothing but be present in a couple of scenes while Glinda did all the talking with Zelena, smile and then sit around a table exchanging cookies with Dorothy. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So here's a list of character's that either need a full page or at least be added to a list of characters page. I didn't go through the list of characters pages, so some might have a blurb already, but they are not linked to the corresponding episode page if so, because that is what I went through. Some list of characters charaters may deserve full pages, but I didn't get that far. Also, I didn't list many no name characters but I feel some deserve a page, or at least a blurb on a list of characters page, but we would need to decide who would get what, and who would get nothing at all (I'm looking at you 18 unnamed Black Knights). An example of what I'm talking about is Regina's Adoption Agent, he had a fairly big talking role and got Regina Henry, but he has no name, so his own page or list of characters? Somebody also starting creating dead links, so I put those in my list, even though there is one I'm not sure about. Anyway, the list:

      - Ryan (The guy Emma busted in the pilot)

      - Gnome (The guy Regina turned to stone for laughing at her)

      - Behemoth (The guy that killed Prince James)

      - Barthalomew (The guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Horatio (The other guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Mayor Tomkins (The mayor of Red's town)

      - Mr. Grace (Paige's "father")

      - Mrs. Grace (Paige's "mother")

      - Mute Maid (Rumple's maid; named Honora in episode)

      - Monstro (The whale that swallowed Pinnocio)

      - Raskind (The guy who worked at the foster home Pinnocio and Emma were placed in)

      - Gordie (The kid who convinced Pinnocio to leave Emma)

      - Claude (The guy who was mean to Belle and later became a guard for Regina)

      - Alistar (Claude's friend, I think)

      - Abraham (A giant)

      - Argyle (A giant)

      - Andre (A giant)

      - Eva's Royal Doctor (Self explainitory; not sure if we need this one, but somebody made it a dead link)

      - Cora's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Isra (The woman August slept with before he started turning to wood)

      - Quon (The guy who brought August to The Dragon)

      - Rivers (One of Regina's guards)

      - Berkley (One of Regina's guards)

      - Nana (The Darling's dog)

      - Rapunzel's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Rapunzel's Mother (Self explainitory)

      - Woodcutter (Zelena's adopted father)

      - Woodcutter's Wife (Zelena's adopted mother)

      - Franz (Hans's brother)

      - Jurgen (Hans's brother)

      - Kevin (A kid in Ingrid's foster home)

      - Oaken (The sauna guy from Frozen)

      - Madame Faustina (A woman who pretends to see the future)

      And for Wonderland:

      - Bearded Man (The guy Jafar almost got Cyrus's bottle from; I think in the episode he was called Fazeen Shamed)

      - Nazim (A guy in the Catipillar's club)

      - Akil (The guy Amara had Jafar kill to test him)

      - Gerard (The guy Jafar and Amara got either the lamp or the jug from)

      - Mr. Darcy (The guy Sarah wanted to set Alice up with)

      - Millie (Sarah and Edwin's daughter, Alice's half sister)

      - Ulima (Jafar's mother)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have to disagree with some of the characters listed. Rapunzel's parents might be important because they are royalty, but they had no speaking lines. So I feel iffy about that. And a page for Nana the dog? I'm don't understand why that dog would be relevant. I also disagree with a page for Isra. Her part was so minor and she did almost nothing except lie in bed. 

      Behemoth, Ryan and Claude's pages have already been restored. 

      Edit: Just restored Farzeen Shahmed and Mayor Tomkins' pages since I agree they are definitely important minor characters. Also restored Argyle and Abraham, but I did not restore Andre's page because, out of all the giant brothers, I remember him as the least important. Not sure if he needs a page.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oaken is already in the Arendelle Characters list I believe; he only has a brief scene, maybe two dozen pictures at best on my file of the episode, some speaking lines, but that's it

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
       Anyway, the list:

      - Ryan (The guy Emma busted in the pilot)

      - Gnome (The guy Regina turned to stone for laughing at her)

      - Behemoth (The guy that killed Prince James)

      - Barthalomew (The guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Horatio (The other guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Mayor Tomkins (The mayor of Red's town)

      - Mr. Grace (Paige's "father")

      - Mrs. Grace (Paige's "mother")

      - Mute Maid (Rumple's maid; named Honora in episode)

      - Monstro (The whale that swallowed Pinnocio)

      - Raskind (The guy who worked at the foster home Pinnocio and Emma were placed in)

      - Gordie (The kid who convinced Pinnocio to leave Emma)

      - Claude (The guy who was mean to Belle and later became a guard for Regina)

      - Alistar (Claude's friend, I think)

      - Abraham (A giant)

      - Argyle (A giant)

      - Andre (A giant)

      - Eva's Royal Doctor (Self explainitory; not sure if we need this one, but somebody made it a dead link)

      - Cora's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Isra (The woman August slept with before he started turning to wood)

      - Quon (The guy who brought August to The Dragon)

      - Rivers (One of Regina's guards)

      - Berkley (One of Regina's guards)

      - Nana (The Darling's dog)

      - Rapunzel's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Rapunzel's Mother (Self explainitory)

      - Woodcutter (Zelena's adopted father)

      - Woodcutter's Wife (Zelena's adopted mother)

      - Franz (Hans's brother)

      - Jurgen (Hans's brother)

      - Kevin (A kid in Ingrid's foster home)

      - Oaken (The sauna guy from Frozen)

      - Madame Faustina (A woman who pretends to see the future)

      And for Wonderland:

      - Bearded Man (The guy Jafar almost got Cyrus's bottle from; I think in the episode he was called Fazeen Shamed)

      - Nazim (A guy in the Catipillar's club)

      - Akil (The guy Amara had Jafar kill to test him)

      - Gerard (The guy Jafar and Amara got either the lamp or the jug from)

      - Mr. Darcy (The guy Sarah wanted to set Alice up with)

      - Millie (Sarah and Edwin's daughter, Alice's half sister)

      - Ulima (Jafar's mother)


      That's exavtly what I thought when I was talking about abussive creation of pages. Gnome? Rivers? Oaken? Akil? Nana? Quon? Seriously Quon? Who is this guy? Nobody remember him!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Ana's mom.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      CoolDudeAl wrote:
       Anyway, the list:

      - Ryan (The guy Emma busted in the pilot)

      - Gnome (The guy Regina turned to stone for laughing at her)

      - Behemoth (The guy that killed Prince James)

      - Barthalomew (The guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Horatio (The other guy who fought with the Huntsman, I think)

      - Mayor Tomkins (The mayor of Red's town)

      - Mr. Grace (Paige's "father")

      - Mrs. Grace (Paige's "mother")

      - Mute Maid (Rumple's maid; named Honora in episode)

      - Monstro (The whale that swallowed Pinnocio)

      - Raskind (The guy who worked at the foster home Pinnocio and Emma were placed in)

      - Gordie (The kid who convinced Pinnocio to leave Emma)

      - Claude (The guy who was mean to Belle and later became a guard for Regina)

      - Alistar (Claude's friend, I think)

      - Abraham (A giant)

      - Argyle (A giant)

      - Andre (A giant)

      - Eva's Royal Doctor (Self explainitory; not sure if we need this one, but somebody made it a dead link)

      - Cora's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Isra (The woman August slept with before he started turning to wood)

      - Quon (The guy who brought August to The Dragon)

      - Rivers (One of Regina's guards)

      - Berkley (One of Regina's guards)

      - Nana (The Darling's dog)

      - Rapunzel's Father (Self explainitory)

      - Rapunzel's Mother (Self explainitory)

      - Woodcutter (Zelena's adopted father)

      - Woodcutter's Wife (Zelena's adopted mother)

      - Franz (Hans's brother)

      - Jurgen (Hans's brother)

      - Kevin (A kid in Ingrid's foster home)

      - Oaken (The sauna guy from Frozen)

      - Madame Faustina (A woman who pretends to see the future)

      And for Wonderland:

      - Bearded Man (The guy Jafar almost got Cyrus's bottle from; I think in the episode he was called Fazeen Shamed)

      - Nazim (A guy in the Catipillar's club)

      - Akil (The guy Amara had Jafar kill to test him)

      - Gerard (The guy Jafar and Amara got either the lamp or the jug from)

      - Mr. Darcy (The guy Sarah wanted to set Alice up with)

      - Millie (Sarah and Edwin's daughter, Alice's half sister)

      - Ulima (Jafar's mother)


      That's exavtly what I thought when I was talking about abussive creation of pages. Gnome? Rivers? Oaken? Akil? Nana? Quon? Seriously Quon? Who is this guy? Nobody remember him!

      Most of these, while minor characters are extremely minor. Some like Ryan, Ulima, Claude affect the story, maybe even Madame Faustina. But I think the minor characters should play a role in the story and not be just filler. Like I didn't know some of these mentioned had a name. For the Black Knights, we could just have a page for the Black Knights and list some of Them without giving them all there own page. Claude plays a role in Belle's capture and though dead, Hook's travel to Wonderland. Berkeley and Rivers might do a little bit more than the others, but nothing substantial.

      Mr. Darcy, while it might be worth mentioning for the Pride and Prejudice reference, shown up one time and was more of a cameo. We shouldn't include pages for the other background characters, like Kevin, unless he appears again or Isra, who to me is simply not at all important. She may have slept with August, but she's largely replaceable.

      I think the character, or item, to have a page should affect the plot in someway, may have some speaking part that's relevant, mentioned at least once more if only a single appearance, or any combination of those. Decent criteria before some want to add the villagers because they died in an episode, and appeared twice.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Some of those characters are just background (Paige's parents, Rapunzel's parents, etc.) But I agree that some of the rest are minor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • from that list, I would say Oaken, The Miller and Millie. The rest I don't really care about XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have a few suggestions for some locations;

      -Jafar's Tower was an important location on OW and since making possessions having belong to someone in the title is frowned upon I suggest we call it Floating Lair or Airbound Fortress or something else but Jafar's Tower was in a number of episodes so maybe that could have a page.

      -The Queen of Hearts' Palace was sort of important and did appear in two episodes and some major events did happen there so perhaps that could have page. It could be called Heart Palace or something else.

      -The Queen of Hearts' Vault was kind of important and we did see a fair amount of it in Once and OW and not to confuse it with the existing Heart Vault it could be called Wonderland Vault or something else so maybe this too could have a page.

      -The House and Stables Regina's home was really important because we saw her find love with the Stable Boy and that is where Snow betrayed her and Cora killed him and where her hatred of her began. Plus later it's the same location where the Queen finally reveals to Snow what she did and says (one of my favorite lines of the series) about the promise to keep her secret and it's where she eats the Poisoned Apple a major event in the war so perhaps it could have a page.

      I know that the two Wonderland locations might be disagreed upon but I just thought it could be added on for more stand-alone Wonderland locations.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FanoftheMagicMirror nope, I don't think your suggestions can be disagreed if we follow the Encyclopedia concept. I'll undelete the house and stables, feel free to create the other ones! :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah, I wasn't sure if everyone on my list deserved a whole page, but I feel they could all go on a list of characters at least, I mean they are all named or related to a major character. I tried to explain that in my opening paragraph, but it might have been a bit hard to follow.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Shouldn't we make a page for the 2 other Oz witches?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay, my opinion on pages that should be created:

      - Andre (I don't think that we should create pages for 4 of the 5 giants, and Argyle and Abraham were also really minor but they have pages)
      - Ruth's Farm (quite important to the story overall, like Ruth, David, Anna, George, James and Rumple)
      - Firefly Hill
      - Nana (I understand why people disagree with this but I would like if she had a page cause she was a great character in Peter Pan)
      - Mary Darling
      - George Darling
      - Oaken (he may be minor, but he's definetly not background)
      - Witch of the East (kind of in the fence about this cause she kind of is background)
      - Witch of the North (same ^^^^^^)
      - Kevin
      - Mr. Darcy
      - Rocinante (Regina's horse)
      - King Arendelle (I don't really care about this one but I think he deserves a page)

      I think that all characters from fairytales or Disney movies (such as Nana, Mr. and Mrs. Darling, Mr. Darcy, Oaken, the King and the Witches) should have a page, cause that's what OUaT is about, the writers creation is based on fairytales in Disney. Maybe there could be a few exceptions, but so far I haven't seen any Disney/Fairytale character who, in my opinion, doesn't deserve a page.

      Sorry I edited this message like 4 times, I just kept remembering stuff.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still disagree with a page for Nana. We should not be basing off the characters' importance from the fame they already have as characters in the Disney franchise. What should be focused on when deciding a page is weighing the character's importance on Once Upon a Time alone. 

      I also stand by what I said earlier about the Witches of the North and South. Those ladies barely had dialogue and most of their scenes was just being present and sitting at the table while Glinda did all the talking, so they do not need individual pages (in my opinion).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I partly agree with you: while we should take in consideration the character's importance in the Once-verse, that's what the show is all about: the writers' take on such classical characters. No character is there for no reason, if they included a character that is already from a fairytale/Disney movie (who already has a backstory) it has a meaning. But that's just my opinion.

      Anyways, what is your opinion on my other nominations?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm still unsure about Andre. Out of all the giants, I don't remember him speaking a single line, and I don't think he should have a page just because the other giants have pages. 

      I'd say yes to Kevin because he did serve a purpose to show why Emma wanted to run away from her foster home, but I'm also on the fence about him since his scenes were very brief. I have the same opinion for pages for Mr. Darcy as well as Oaken.

      Definite yes to Ruth's Farm, Firefly Hill and Rocinante.

      Mary and George Darling... I don't know because they didn't do much as characters. 

      Definite no to King Arendelle because he was so minor. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Definitely yes to Rocinante, Firfly Hill and Ruth's Farm

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      Ana's mother is not background. She might not be as important as other characters, but she is not what we define as background. She deserves a page.

      Thank you so much. There are a few characters that aren't named but it's pretty obvious what threir names are. For example: King of Arendelle is probably Kai and Ana's mom is probably Madame Tremaine. But I guess we can't make it official because it hasn't been confirmed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The King of Arendelle is not Kai. Jane Espanson already answered to this question on Twitter, and she confirmed it is not his name. he simply does not have a name.

      So when you say the name of Ana's mother is obviously Madame Tremaine, you're wrong. It is just what you think.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For your information, a lot of people think Ana's mother is Madame Tremaine. Nearly everyone I know who has watched Wonderland, thinks the same. As for the king of Arendelle not being Kai, I can except that. But that's just dumb. Why wouldn't they give him a name? They gave two whole pages of a family tree of Arendelle royalty in 4x06 but not the dad's name?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And for your information, I also watched OUATIW and I also know what people think ;) But, if we begin to think by saying "it is obviously her name", we're wrong. We deal with what is confirmed, and as far as we know, Ana's mother does not have a name ^^

      As for the King, I think he was not named because he was not important in their story. That's not dumb, they just did not create useless details for their story ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      And for your information, I also watched OUATIW and I also know what people think ;) But, if we begin to think by saying "it is obviously her name", we're wrong. We deal with what is confirmed, and as far as we know, Ana's mother does not have a name ^^

      As for the King, I think he was not named because he was not important in their story. That's not dumb, they just did not create useless details for their story ^^

      To be fair, if the characters we're real, they would have a given name. It's not like you walk up to somebody and be like "What's your name?" and they answer "Oh, I'm unnamed." The writers may not have cared enough to think of a name, but the characters would technically have a name. If Kai is not the King than he could be the Duke of Weselton, since they both had interaction with The Snow Queen. And as long as we get confirmation that Ana is Cinderella's stepsister, we know Ana's mom is Lady Tremaine, even if we don't get that confirmed on the show (I get we can't officially name her page that if we don't get confirmation, but we can still say the character is based on her).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I understand your idea CoolDudeal and I agree with it of course ^^ But the thing is we never get this confirmation for now ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Okay, can I create pages for Ruth's Farm, Rocinante and Firefly Hill?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Someone already created pages for Ruth's farm and Rocinante ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh, okay. Can I create one for Firefly Hill then?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      And for your information, I also watched OUATIW and I also know what people think ;) But, if we begin to think by saying "it is obviously her name", we're wrong. We deal with what is confirmed, and as far as we know, Ana's mother does not have a name ^^

      As for the King, I think he was not named because he was not important in their story. That's not dumb, they just did not create useless details for their story ^^

      No need to be rude. When I said " it is obviously her name ", I didn't say we have to confirm it. There's a reason why I said in my earlier comment that we can't make it official until it is confirmed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm not rude, I just talked with the way you talked to me ;) Anyways, no need to continue this on this thread ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Fine. But let me ask you something: Do you think Ana's mom is Madame Tremaine?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh, personally there is no doubt about it ^^ For me, she is definitely Lady Tremaine ^^ But we have nothing to prove it, so I prefer work by thinking she is not her ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just to make things easier (and because I'm really organized):

      Pages created/undeleted (most still need infobox images/quotes):
      - Behemoth
      - Claude
      - Sheep Farm
      - Firefly Hill
      - Argyle
      - Abraham
      - Rocinante
      - Mayor Tomkins
      - Madame Faustina
      - Ryan
      - Castle Playground
      - Nolan House

      Pages still under discussion:
      - Ana's mom
      - Andre
      - Arendelle Castle
      - King Arendelle
      - Mr. Darcy
      - Oaken
      - Quon
      - Honora
      - Millie
      - Ulima
      - Witch of the East
      - Witch of the North
      - Mary Darling
      - George Darling
      - Nana
      - Kevin

      Let me know if I forgot any and I will update it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I take back what I said earlier about Honora not deserving a page. Well, it's tricky because she did not have any speaking lines, but then again, that was part of her character as a mute maid lol. 

      Jumping back to CoolAlDude's list, I would recommend pages for Millie and Ulima. I'd also say yes to a page for Quon (the guy from "Selfless, Brave and True" who helped August find the Dragon in Hong Kong). 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't know if I should say this on this thread or on the Adding new categories/pages thread, but I think that the Gingerbread House from True North deserves a page. It was more important to the episode than Midas's Castle for example.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Millie and Ulima . Also Gingerbread house. and Honora and her death was, for me at least, what led to Bae actually asking the Blue Fairy for help. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I disagree with Honora. She is completely background. Bae would ask Blue's help anyways, Morraine told him about the fairy. So Honora's death or not, it would change nothing. I mean, I think if we begin to create a page for Honora, I'm pretty sure someone would find something for Trish too. And she was the exemple of our "no that kind of pages" ^^ I mean, if she did not kill Trish, Rumple would never accept to take back Regina as apprentice, so she would never learn her magic :p

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      I disagree with Honora. She is completely background. Bae would ask Blue's help anyways, Morraine told him about the fairy. So Honora's death or not, it would change nothing. I mean, I think if we begin to create a page for Honora, I'm pretty sure someone would find something for Trish too. And she was the exemple of our "no that kind of pages" ^^ I mean, if she did not kill Trish, Rumple would never accept to take back Regina as apprentice, so she would never learn her magic :p

      Okay, so we create pages for Honora and Trish. Why must you always be so against creating pages? lol

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • No, that's the thing. We won't create Trish. Applegirl and Killian said the same thing. She is what Killian called a background element. With the creation of a page for Trish, it clearly becomes abusive, that's the problem with our new politics. I don't think we already understand what was our "stop line".

      I'm against some pages because for me, we began to create some pages which are not important. We already agreed about the fact Trish is background. For me, Honora is exactly the same kind of characters. That's why I think if we create a page for Honor, we'll cross our line.

      A lot of persons seems to think act like we vote the Extremist Page Creators politics, which is different from the Encyclopedia thing. Some background elements like Honora or Trish clearly do not deserve a page. But again that's my opinion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      No, that's the thing. We won't create Trish. Applegirl and Killian said the same thing. She is what Killian called a background element. With the creation of a page for Trish, it clearly becomes abusive, that's the problem with our new politics. I don't think we already understand what was our "stop line".

      I'm against some pages because for me, we began to create some pages which are not important. We already agreed about the fact Trish is background. For me, Honora is exactly the same kind of characters. That's why I think if we create a page for Honor, we'll cross our line.

      A lot of persons seems to think act like we vote the Extremist Page Creators politics, which is different from the Encyclopedia thing. Some background elements like Honora or Trish clearly do not deserve a page. But again that's my opinion.

      Well to me, just naming a character already elavates them to beyond background, because someone in the background doesn't get a name. I don't think we're at extreme page creator until we're giving pages to Peasant #3, Regina's Pantsuit, and The Dove Mary M. and David saved. That's when we've crossed a line.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Unlike for example the Cheshire Cat, Honera did nothing for the plot to progress. If she gets a page then the man that was turned into a bug by Rumple and squished in front of everyone should get a page as well. "Because Rumple killed that man led to Bealfire wanting to leave his father, so he must have a page."

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ok, I now changed my mind. I agree that Honora is background.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Now I agree as well that Honora is background. XD 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Can someone give their opinion about the Gingerbread House? Does it deserve a page? (In my opinion, it does)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Andrew Robbins wrote:
      Can someone give their opinion about the Gingerbread House? Does it deserve a page? (In my opinion, it does)


      I think it deserves a page for sure. It only appeared in one episode, but it served as a focal plot point for its only appearance.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Definetely, I'm undeleting that page right now xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Tremaine and Arendelle Castle definetely deserve a page!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We're still discussing if and how we could do Lady Tremaine's page :)

      As for the Arendelle Castle, it was decided no because his history section would be the same as Arendelle page because the biggest part of Arendelle happened in the castle. It is the same thing with the Emerald Palace and Oz :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Personally I see the stuff for Arendelle as thus


      Arendelle =/= all Arendelle locations as a list, just like its characters. Each location visited {valley of living rock, Arendelle dungeons, Oakens, etc} already just need thei information in the only Arendelle dedicated page. Rather than a page for each individual location; just list it, like we do for the characters of Arendelle that do not have their own pages

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arendell's locations are currently listed on this page. I agree that the Arendelle castle served as a basis for most of the events that took place in Arendelle, and it would be kind of repetitive to have a page for Arendelle and the castle since their summaries would be very similar. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that we should do a page for Rapunzel's Tower

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Arendell's locations are currently listed on this page. I agree that the Arendelle castle served as a basis for most of the events that took place in Arendelle, and it would be kind of repetitive to have a page for Arendelle and the castle since their summaries would be very similar. 

      So then we just put the full information unde the heading for the castle of Arendelle in the Arendelle locations list page instead of making its own page for the castle, correct ? Just want to be sure I'm thinking rightly here is all

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well maybe it would feel a bit repetitive, but the castle is very important in the show and no matter what, I think it does deserve a page... Just an opinion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The castle is important because the whole Arendelle story is at the castle. We even use a pic of the castle as pic for Arendelle. Moreover, we already said no for the castle, for the reasons given by Applegirl. I mean, we use the community as basis for decisions on the wiki. If we begin to don't respect what the community said, there is no point to do that.

      I understand some people are unhappy by this decision, but honestly it was decided like that, so everyone has to respect it :/

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Teyilia wrote:
      Applegirl wrote:
      Arendell's locations are currently listed on this page. I agree that the Arendelle castle served as a basis for most of the events that took place in Arendelle, and it would be kind of repetitive to have a page for Arendelle and the castle since their summaries would be very similar. 
      So then we just put the full information unde the heading for the castle of Arendelle in the Arendelle locations list page instead of making its own page for the castle, correct ? Just want to be sure I'm thinking rightly here is all


      Yes, information about Arendelle Castle would go under its own section on the List of Arendelle Locations page if there is no individual page for Arendelle Castle itself.

      As for the ongoing debate about creating a page for Arendelle Castle, it'd help if more users chime about the issue as a means of simply getting more opinions. I mean, only me, Lady, Teyilia and Mirkoooo have commented on the topic. That's a very small pool of people representing the community as a whole.

      Chocolate080403 wrote: I think that we should do a page for Rapunzel's Tower

      I wouldn't be against it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We already had a debate about the Arendelle castle, and a decision was made. Why do we have to redo it again? I don't think there is a real point to do a debate if we must do it again later :/

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      We already had a debate about the Arendelle castle, and a decision was made. Why do we have to redo it again? I don't think there is a real point to do a debate if we must do it again later :/


      I think I missed the larger portion of the discussion about Arendelle Castle since I got to the conversation late, so I only saw four people talking about it for the most recent replies. You mentioned earlier that Arendelle Castle was already talked about in the thread?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe not in this thread, but I remember the creation of Arendelle Castle has already been talked, and it was said no cos too similar with Arendelle ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      Teyilia wrote:
      Applegirl wrote:
      Arendell's locations are currently listed on this page. I agree that the Arendelle castle served as a basis for most of the events that took place in Arendelle, and it would be kind of repetitive to have a page for Arendelle and the castle since their summaries would be very similar. 
      So then we just put the full information unde the heading for the castle of Arendelle in the Arendelle locations list page instead of making its own page for the castle, correct ? Just want to be sure I'm thinking rightly here is all

      Yes, information about Arendelle Castle would go under its own section on the List of Arendelle Locations page if there is no individual page for Arendelle Castle itself.

      As for the ongoing debate about creating a page for Arendelle Castle, it'd help if more users chime about the issue as a means of simply getting more opinions. I mean, only me, Lady, Teyilia and Mirkoooo have commented on the topic. That's a very small pool of people representing the community as a whole.


      Chocolate080403 wrote: I think that we should do a page for Rapunzel's Tower

      I wouldn't be against it.

      I think if nobodies saying anything, it's because they do not feel strongly about it either way. That's how I feel anyway. As has been said the castle and Arendelle are very much connected, so the pages wouldn't be much different. At the same time, a castle is an important location and could have its own page. So like I said, I don't feel strongly either way, and would be equally fine with having it as its own page or not.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Will there be a page for Ana's mother? :O

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just want to point out that, while every editor can (and is encouraged!) to create any page they feel the wiki needs, this doesn't mean that pages can't be challenged. Sometimes, they should be challenged! The community can decide on a case-by-case basis in those cases.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.