FANDOM


  • I just re-watched The Queen is Dead and The Miller's Daughter and figured out the key fits for how they fit into Bleeding Through. So I watched Cora's speech to Eva's corpse. Though we all thought it was still overly harsh even after watching the Miller's Daughter, it wasn't until Bleeding Through, that Cora had a much more real reason to hate Eva. Then their encounter in the Miller's Daughter was basically there to show how Eva rubbed Cora's loss in her face. There was something else I figured out too. In the Miller's Daughter Rumple made a deal that he get Cora's firstborn daughter. She smiled at that idea or seemed intrigued. Apparently she had already given up her first child. Actually she could probably care less about her first daughter Zelena. For all Cora knew, Zelena could have been dead. Cora then figured out she would just tell Rumple after she got the magic lessons to defend herself, when it all went down. Bleeding Through was written a year after the other two episodes and worked perfectly with the other two. I just needed to get this all out before I forgot or fell asleep. Feel free to comment.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, you're right. The only thing is that none of those episodes fit well with The Stable Boy. A&E confirmed that Cora and Leopold recognized each other, yet Barbara Hershey and Richard Schiff didn't play it that way in the episode. They were only shown together for a brief moment and neither one showed any recollection of each other.

      The one hint would be the joy in Cora's voice when she accepts for Regina, I would assume. But everyone always assumed it was because she'd finally gotten her daughter to become a Queen. I think it's because she finally had the power to say yes to Leopold.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes that was a bit of a draw. But you are right. The joy in Cora's voice, sort of hinted. I also noticed Cora would refuse to really look at Leopold. When he mentioned his wife dying, she sort of looked away or bowed. Probably hiding her smile.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote:
      I also noticed Cora would refuse to really look at Leopold. When he mentioned his wife dying, she sort of looked away or bowed. Probably hiding her smile.

      That definitely makes sense. I haven't watched The Stable Boy in such a while, I'll have to go and watch to look for that. But I'm sure you're right.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I thought all of this was obvious. Some people don't understand why Leopold would marry his ex-fiance's daughter. I always assumed that Leopold assumed Regina was Cora's first born because he wouldn't know that Cora had two daughters. Leopold wouldn't know that the daughter's name is Zelena because she was named by her adoptive mother in Oz. He probably thought Cora was strong enough and brave enough to keep her child even though she was under terrible poor conditions in the society where she would be branded as a whore. Leopold was also probably impressed that Cora managed to marry a prince and become rich. So maybe Leopold agreed to marry Regina as a way to make it up to Cora for either casting her away or not forgiving her for lying to him during their engagement.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That is a weird way of making it up to Cora though. I mean Regina had a life, even though it was heavily controlled by Cora, Regina was already seeing someone. It was also only one act of kindness. I know saving a life is a big deal, but proposing out of the blue is a bigger deal. Cora had no issue accepting it while her daughter watched in horror.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • My only guess is that either Cora used a frogetting potion on him or a cloaking spell on herself. But don't try to find any reason about them recognizing eachother. "Bleeding Through" was an after thought that the writers didn't know how to explain properly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Bafa wrote:
      My only guess is that either Cora used a frogetting potion on him or a cloaking spell on herself. But don't try to find any reason about them recognizing eachother. "Bleeding Through" was an after thought that the writers didn't know how to explain properly.

      These are the same writers who knew a season in advance that they wanted Cora to be the Queen of Hearts and got Barbara to voice her in "Hat Trick". Also the same writers who told Lana on the set of the Pilot about Daniel. (Even though Pilot has that nasty little retconned line of "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her!") I think they had the Cora/Leopold thing planned for a while now, and just didn't execute it properly during The Stable Boy, because all the hints are there in season 2. And some in season 1.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Bafa wrote:
      My only guess is that either Cora used a frogetting potion on him or a cloaking spell on herself. But don't try to find any reason about them recognizing eachother. "Bleeding Through" was an after thought that the writers didn't know how to explain properly.
      These are the same writers who knew a season in advance that they wanted Cora to be the Queen of Hearts and got Barbara to voice her in "Hat Trick". Also the same writers who told Lana on the set of the Pilot about Daniel. (Even though Pilot has that nasty little retconned line of "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her!") I think they had the Cora/Leopold thing planned for a while now, and just didn't execute it properly during The Stable Boy, because all the hints are there in season 2. And some in season 1.


      They decided to use Daniel in the second episode, not the first, hence the line "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her!" and maleficent telling Regina "Weren't you the same age when you were supposed to marry before Snow White ruined it all" or something similar. Also, Lana was told to act as if Regina hated Henry, they decided to change it after. that's why Emma stayed, because when Emma asked Regina whether she loved Henry, she lied to Emma and Emma Figured it out because she has that "super power" bullshit...

      My point is They didn't plan everything at the start. I am sure they did some parts but not all. If they had, the show would have been more consistent with less plot holes and retcones.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WorldHopper22 wrote:
      I thought all of this was obvious. Some people don't understand why Leopold would marry his ex-fiance's daughter. I always assumed that Leopold assumed Regina was Cora's first born because he wouldn't know that Cora had two daughters. 

      I imagine that she lied and claimed her first child was a stillborn or died in infancy or Leopold just assuming such. i also assumed that Regina and Zelena were a couple of years apart, so Leopold assuming her first born dying made sense to me. (also looking at the time periods which the enchanted forest is based in, it wouldn't be a far stretch to assume) kind of my headcanon explanation for it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Bafa wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Bafa wrote:
      My only guess is that either Cora used a frogetting potion on him or a cloaking spell on herself. But don't try to find any reason about them recognizing eachother. "Bleeding Through" was an after thought that the writers didn't know how to explain properly.
      These are the same writers who knew a season in advance that they wanted Cora to be the Queen of Hearts and got Barbara to voice her in "Hat Trick". Also the same writers who told Lana on the set of the Pilot about Daniel. (Even though Pilot has that nasty little retconned line of "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her!") I think they had the Cora/Leopold thing planned for a while now, and just didn't execute it properly during The Stable Boy, because all the hints are there in season 2. And some in season 1.

      They decided to use Daniel in the second episode, not the first, hence the line "she poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her!" and maleficent telling Regina "Weren't you the same age when you were supposed to marry before Snow White ruined it all" or something similar. Also, Lana was told to act as if Regina hated Henry, they decided to change it after. that's why Emma stayed, because when Emma asked Regina whether she loved Henry, she lied to Emma and Emma Figured it out because she has that "super power" bullshit...

      My point is They didn't plan everything at the start. I am sure they did some parts but not all. If they had, the show would have been more consistent with less plot holes and retcones.

      A&E straight up said in an interview once that they told Lana during the wedding scene in Pilot that she could have had all this had Snow not gotten in the way and she correctly guessed that Regina had lost her love because of Snow. Which was later proved to be true. Lana herself confirmed this in another interview. I do agree Regina acted like she hated Henry for a few episodes, but let's be honest, with a mother like Cora, hatred is how you show your love. lol

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I believed that Regina had very little respect for her father since he did not help (whether he could do anything about the situation or not doesn't matter, especially from a child's/teen's perspective) moderate Cora's controlling behavior towards Regina growing up. So yeah, it made a lot of sense that she had a love-hate relationship with Henry senior. Once Cora was removed (pushed through the looking glass), I think the relationship between Regina and her father improved to the point that he became Regina's most loved person, but still not well respected (actually, I don't think Regina much respected anyone except for Rumples and perhaps Maleficent), thus she was still able to go through and cast the first dark curse using her father's heart.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Andrew.scott.503 wrote:
      I believed that Regina had very little respect for her father since he did not help (whether he could do anything about the situation or not doesn't matter, especially from a child's/teen's perspective) moderate Cora's controlling behavior towards Regina growing up. So yeah, it made a lot of sense that she had a love-hate relationship with Henry senior. Once Cora was removed (pushed through the looking glass), I think the relationship between Regina and her father improved to the point that he became Regina's most loved person, but still not well respected (actually, I don't think Regina much respected anyone except for Rumples and perhaps Maleficent), thus she was still able to go through and cast the first dark curse using her father's heart.

      I think people are talking about Emma and Neal's son, not the other Henry...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.