FANDOM


  • Now that True Blood has ended and the movie Maleficent has been a successful blockbuster, Kristin Bauer van Straten is returning as Maleficent for a major story arc for te second half of season 4. I think this means we'll see her past along with Aurora 's and her mother, the original Sleeping Beauty.

    [1]

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • OMG!!!! YEEEEEES!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! She needs to be the big bad for 4B!!!!! :D I'm so happy right now!!!! :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lol.... we were all correct!!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Now, I'm pretty sure Regina will have some problems :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Now, I'm pretty sure Regina will have some problems :P

      When does Regina, or anyone else, not have problems?

      On a seperate note.... who should play the original Sleeping Beauty, aka Aurora's mother?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We on the other wiki would love for Marcia Cross to be Aurora's mother, except the accents don't match.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Lady Junky wrote:
      Now, I'm pretty sure Regina will have some problems :P
      When does Regina, or anyone else, not have problems?

      On a seperate note.... who should play the original Sleeping Beauty, aka Aurora's mother?


      It depends at which moment? When Aurora was a baby? Or at the present time? :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Best spoiler since Season 2! Maleficent is here to stay! This opens the door too unlimited posibilities and finally (very) good EF flashbacks! What's best about it is that she didn't just show up from nowere like Elsa. They show us a glimse of her just to make her arc epic. This villain won't run after Regina or Rumple like Pan, Hook, Cora and Zelena she has issues with both Snow (if she was the black fairy), Rumple, Charming, Regina, Emma and Hook. And  finally we are going to have some questions since season one answered! This has to  and probably will, be just like the epicness of season 1! Really excited right now. Season 4 looks way greater after those news.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You forgot Will, since she took her mirror and never gave it back. Also, um, Aurora and Phillip, who happen to be in Storybrooke at the moment. :D So excited. Here's hoping Mulan tags along. What's Jamie Chung up to nowadays?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Alexalaz wrote:
      Best spoiler since Season 2! Maleficent is here to stay! This opens the door too unlimited posibilities and finally (very) good EF flashbacks! What's best about it is that she didn't just show up from nowere like Elsa. They show us a glimse of her just to make her arc epic. This villain won't run after Regina or Rumple like Pan, Hook, Cora and Zelena she has issues with both Snow (if she was the black fairy), Rumple, Charming, Regina, Emma and Hook. And  finally we are going to have some questions since season one answered! This has to  and probably will, be just like the epicness of season 1! Really excited right now. Season 4 looks way greater after those news.


      Actually, if they did not do her arc before it is probably because the actress was working on True Blood ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote:
      What's Jamie Chung up to nowadays?

      Several movies.... she is an incredibly busy actress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I opened Tumblr to see this. it was very exciting! Hope she's somehow alive in the present.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:

      Actually, if they did not do her arc before it is probably because the actress was working on True Blood ^^

      That.... and Disney was probably waiting to see, if Maleficent would be a success.

      Like @Alexalaz said, OUaT's Maleficent would have issues with just about every character, on the show. It should be fun to watch her mess with Regina, Rumplestiltskin, Emma, Hook, Charming, Snow, Robin, Will, Aurora, and Phillip.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I imagine she will. Super exited!

        Preparing Editor Spell

    • Actually, if they did not do her arc before it is probably because the actress was working on True Blood ^^


      Yes I meant that were are lucky that won't meet her in her story arch but we have already meet her. She didn't appear that much to be too much to return for an arc, it's really cool that we have the change to know who the big bad is, like Cora. Zelena, Hook and Pan appeared from nowhere.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 4B will be a Maleficent arc huh?... Yeah I can live with that. I get the feeling she'll have a bone to pick with Regina, Em, Killian, Charming, Will, and Rumple. She should be even happier to find out that Aurora and Philip are in town and have a child. BTW I'm all for Em or Regina pricking thier fingers on the spinning wheel. Maybe Magnificent will kill Marrian.

      Oh and I'm going to call it now and say that Will's story arc must have something to do with her.... Why? Because everyone found out last year that True Blood was ending this year so A&E could have been planing to bring Kristen back since and Will is coming as a main with a mysterious reason for being back in SB and we all know that he stole that travel mirror from her. She is the Mistress Of All Evil so I'm betting she know how to hold a grudge.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:
      She should be even happier to find out that Aurora and Philip are in town and have a child..

      Eddy and Adam confirmed, during the finale commentary, that Aurora is still pregnant.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I can now die a happy man. I've been hoping and waiting for a Sleeping Beauty story arc since Season 2! Even though she's only been in a couple of episodes she has a big presence to her. I'm really excited for this season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What if we have another hook, and she joins the show, like how hook was popular enough. I would love to see Maleficent as a staring role.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      DZAV21 wrote:
      She should be even happier to find out that Aurora and Philip are in town and have a child..
      Eddy and Adam confirmed, during the finale commentary, that Aurora is still pregnant.


      ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! SLEEPING BEAUTY GOT KNOCKED UP MONTHS BEFORE SNOW THEN THERE WAS THAT WHOLE YEAR OF HER BEING A MONKEY! Sorely the egg hatched once 50 shades of green crazy died.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      DZAV21 wrote:
      She should be even happier to find out that Aurora and Philip are in town and have a child..
      Eddy and Adam confirmed, during the finale commentary, that Aurora is still pregnant.


      Where do they say this? I'm confused since I thought Leroy had said in the finale that Aurora already gave birth....?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • They did say that, shortly after season 3 ended. It'd be hard to find the article now I think, but someone could try. Apparently Aurora's pregnancy was put on hold while she was a monkey. Lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote:
      They did say that, shortly after season 3 ended. It'd be hard to find the article now I think, but someone could try. Apparently Aurora's pregnancy was put on hold while she was a monkey. Lol.

      it being on hold makes sense, i guess. i assumed that until leroy made the comment in the finale, then i was a bit confused. nice to see it's cleared up.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just hope falling under sleep won't replace the Flying Monkey -thing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We don't know what Snow's curse boundaries are now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Kncooper wrote:

      i guess. i assumed that until leroy made the comment in the finale, then i was a bit confused. 

      Leroy was just joking.... one is never meant to take him seriously, as he loves to exaggerate.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I can't wait for Maleficent to return. Like people have said, she's got beef with everyone. Emma and Charming = both fought her, Robin and Will = both stole from her, Regina trapped her in dragon form and Belle helped Phillip turn back into a human so he could continue his quest. Also looking forward to seein a pre-curse flashback with Aurora. :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YAY! At last! I was hoping for it since both E&A and Kristin were totally looking forward to it!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And don't forget to add Blue/Mother Superior to the list of beefs (assuming once again that she is the Black Fairy).

      I am excited.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Really interested how Mulan will fit in this whole atory. I really miss her on the show, so here's to hoping she will.have something to do in 4B

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I freaked out when I saw this news! SO excited! I can't wait to see what story's behind her... and I also hope that we'll finally find out if she's the dark fairy everone keeps talking about!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • While I am not the biggest fan of OUaT's Aurora or Maleficent, I am still very excited for this upcoming arc. The foundation has been in the show's mythology, since the beginning. We will hopefully learn more, about the creation of the sleeping curse. Which should be interesting, as it ended up being used on Snow White. Then there is the fact, that Maleficent probably hates every single important character.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FantASTic!!!  A lot of us got our wish!!!

      Now to hope that there isn't more family-tree weirdness w/ our existing characters and Aurora.  i.e. - Let's hope the Snow Queen is not Aurora's mom.  That'd be completely dissapointing.  Let's hope that we do meet Aurora's mom and that she is a brand new actress. 

      Hooray for Maleficent!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarlingDavies wrote:

      Now to hope that there isn't more family-tree weirdness w/ our existing characters and Aurora.  i.e. - Let's hope the Snow Queen is not Aurora's mom.  That'd be completely dissapointing.  Let's hope that we do meet Aurora's mom and that she is a brand new actress. 

      Nah.... Maleficent is Aurora's biological mother. King Stefan and the original Sleeping Beauty just never told her, the truth ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What about Belle? Maleficent must be mad at her too. Belle did turn philip back into a human. Allowing him to find Aurora.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oops, sorry. Didn't see Gusey1397's post about this already.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WorldHopper22 wrote:
      What about Belle? Maleficent must be mad at her too. Belle did turn philip back into a human. Allowing him to find Aurora.

      Belle is not really important, in the larger scheme of things.

      Even with Belle transforming, Prince Phillip back into a human; he still did not reunite with Aurora, for a long while afterwards. Maleficent might still use it as an excuse, but it should not be anything too major. Belle has more to worry about, because she is Rumplestiltskin's wife, than being friends with Phillip.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You know, the real question is probably who is Malifecent NOT angry with?  Of the MAIN characters, the only one that she doesn't have an immediate beef with is Henry (and that could be changed really easily), and even extending it out to the supporting cast, there aren't many that have not done something to earn her wrath.  Of course, it may just be that we haven't seen all of the back stories yet.

      I get the feeling that, if the writers do their job write... er right.., Mal can make Regina and Gold look like amateurs.

      ANd I hope that the do NOT kill her off.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Does Maleficent actually have any beef with Snow White? Since we don't know if she's Snow's dark fairy, we can't exactly assume that Maleficent doesn't like Snow

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:

      ANd I hope that the do NOT kill her off.

      It would be rather redundant, lol!

      Gusey1397 wrote:
      Does Maleficent actually have any beef with Snow White? Since we don't know if she's Snow's dark fairy, we can't exactly assume that Maleficent doesn't like Snow

      While it was never confirmed, it was implied (several times) that it was Maleficent. Besides, every villain has some beef with Snow White. ;)

      Fun Fact: in the Season 3 finale, the Evil Queen was examining a red apple right before, Snow White attempted to use the Dark Fairy Dust on her. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • they are doing the Maleficent storyline in the second half of season 4? I thought they were going to do the Narnia storyline in the 2rd half. it would be awesome if they did the Narnia storyline.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You thought why? What led you to believe that? A lot of people seem to not want Narnia for some reason. Idgac either way.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote: You thought why? What led you to believe that? A lot of people seem to not want Narnia for some reason. Idgac either way.

      I don't know. I thought it would be cool if they did Narnia.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Teddybearlover wrote:
      they are doing the Maleficent storyline in the second half of season 4? I thought they were going to do the Narnia storyline in the 2rd half. it would be awesome if they did the Narnia storyline.

      Narnia should get on a plane and fly as far from Once as possible.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I never finished reading even the first book on Narnia, and saw none of the movies. I don't know much about Narnia and don't care if they do it or don't do it. Mixing it up with the "Frozen" story, I think, could be a stroke of genius, albeit a slightly predictable one. But oh well. We shall see.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Honestly, I would rather have Elsa die, than Maleficent. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote:
      I never finished reading even the first book on Narnia, and saw none of the movies. I don't know much about Narnia and don't care if they do it or don't do it. Mixing it up with the "Frozen" story, I think, could be a stroke of genius, albeit a slightly predictable one. But oh well. We shall see.


      If it's done in the right way, yes it might turn out to be a stroke of genius but it's possible that there will be only some mentions to thrill fans and seasons after a take on narnia and its world.

      I don't know, I can't refuse Narnia's author said HUGE THINGS in his books at least for his times. But I didn't like the books. I truly didn't. I read 2 of them and I believe they worth its fame only for the things the author said about other lands, magical creatures and mythologies when the most epic storie back then was- like peter pan.

      Disney did an amazing job with the first movie (and only with this one), its the only Narnia thing that I like. It generally fits with the show's concept but I won't like it to happen, mainly because Narnia is about 1000 years of magic and war in a magic world, a twist on a certain character and a glimse of events won't do justice to it.

      Narnia isn't about a boy, a girl, a villain, a connection betweeen to people etch.  like Peter Pan, Alice or the Arthurian fables, Narnia is about Narnia. Its about time passing through a mythical Land.

      I won't buy that: The white witch has a connection with the Snow Queen or maybe that a portal will open and will make Hook, Emma, Regina, Snow, Belle, Rumple, Charming and Henry replace  Suzan, Edmount, Peter, Lucy etch.  as an adaptachion of The cronicles of Narnia. 'll be fine with a mention or a reference to Narnia and it's events and characters but no more.

      Maleficent is what's Once needs next to be good. Its modern due to the new film, its an anchient fable and its a big Disney thing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I doubt Rumple would kill Elsa but if you've noticed, most of Rumple's female victim's names end with "-a". Milah, Honora, Cora, Tamara, almost Regina (wraith incident), and Zelena. It's a good thing Belle doesn't go by Bella.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree that Belle's role with Philip wasn't very significant but it's still nice to have a villian that against all the main characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I imagine we'll seeing the Moors, the magical realm bordering the human kingdom, from the recent 'Maleficent' film and we will also have references to the 1959 Disney animated movie and the original 'Sleeping Beauty' tale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So is the second half now going to be a sleeping beauty/Maleficent arc or what? I like the spoiler but I find it a little strange it would be revealed that fast. But the creators and writers didn't state what exactly the arc would be, so I guess they haven't revealed too much. In fact, she (Maleficent) could possibly appear in 4.11 at the end and then we have to wait a couple months for 4.12, to see what will happen next.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Can we be sure now that Maleficent is the Black Fairy? I hope she is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent is like John Locke from Lost.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • In Season Five maybe Cruella will villain on 5A.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm hoping season 5 won't be split.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm hoping S5 will be completely Camelot

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm hoping for S5 to involve Camelot too. I want to see Merlin and Morgana.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I always pictured Morgana as the first Dark One, and then have something with the time involved again. And Merlin being frozen for god who know long.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • who is Merlin and Morgana?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • They are Camelot Folk. There was a whole show series about them but it ended in 2012.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So, 24 episodes with Camelot. It will get pretty boring.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Forget TV series, they are characters from the Arthurian legend. I would like if Once takes inspiration from the best Arthurian movie: Excalibur.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Also another cool thing, is that Maleficent has access to a wide array of form magic. Something that was shown at the end of S1 and in S2 in 2.11 and 2.20. I hope she finds ways to transform people into things or makes a bunch of thorns take over Storybrooke.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hey people :) Don't forget, it is a thread about Maleficent and her return on OUAT :) So please, if you want talk about S5 and Camelot, there is always the chat or another thread ^^ Cos, if we begin to change all discussions from their original topic, we'll be lost xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well Lost is related to Once

      But it would be awesome if Maleficent envelops Stroybrooke in thorns. However I don't want any other sleeping curses, unless it is worked in well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm still hoping that in season 5, they travel back in time to 1920's New Orleans and the bayou and that they see Tiana, Naveen, Mama Odie, and Dr. Falicier.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rangerscout wrote:
      I'm still hoping that in season 5, they travel back in time to 1920's New Orleans and the bayou and that they see Tiana, Naveen, Mama Odie, and Dr. Falicier.


      Lady Junky wrote:
      Hey people :) Don't forget, it is a thread about Maleficent and her return on OUAT :) So please, if you want talk about S5 and Camelot, there is always the chat or another thread ^^ Cos, if we begin to change all discussions from their original topic, we'll be lost xD


      Thank you :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      But it would be awesome if Maleficent envelops Stroybrooke in thorns. However I don't want any other sleeping curses, unless it is worked in well.

      That is such a great idea.... I love it! Maleficent surrounding Storybrooke with thorns, would be a cool way to stop anyone from leaving the town. It would be a very unique homage, to the Disney film and original fairytale. 

      "Forest of thorns shall be their tomb. Born through the sky in a fog of doom. Now go with a curse, and serve me well. 'Round Storybrooke cast my spell."

      While I hope OUaT never uses the sleeping curse again, it probably will happen in this arc. Though, I am interesting in learning, how and why Maleficent created it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, I'm fine seeing a sleeping curse in the flashback involving Briar Rose

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      Well, I'm fine seeing a sleeping curse in the flashback involving Briar Rose

      Agreed.... but I cannot shake the feeling, that one of the main character will fall victim to it, in the present-day storyline. This is going to be the Sleeping Beauty arc, after all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I get the feeling that, if the writers do their job write... er right.., Mal can make Regina and Gold look like amateurs.



      I just loved that comment!

      I'm really looking forward to see maleficent again, I did like more the Once version than the disney one. Like all of you said, she hold grudge againt's a lot of characters. Regina (For trapping her in the dragon form and stealing the dark curse from her), Emma (because she was slayed by her), Charming (for introducing the love potion inside her), Aurora and Phillip (because of the original story xD), Blue fairy (if Maleficent indeed is the black fairy then Blue must have taken her wand and her wings).

      PD: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:

      PS: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

      Rumplestiltskin was the one who created the Dark Curse, and convinced Prince Charming to put the True Love Potion inside of her. Hook fought, and subdued, zombie!Maleficent. While, Robin Hood and Will Scarlet stole from her.

      Besides, Rumplestiltskin probably helped Maleficent create the Sleeping Curse, in the first place.... ala: the spinning wheel. ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ladies & Gentlemen please bow your heads and join me in prayer that they don't pull a twist of Magnificent being Rumple's long lost mother..... Amen!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent's arc will probably beat both arcs of Zelena, Hook, Cora and Pan . In fact it might turn to be the best one if they do it right and Maleficent arc can be easily done right

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Elsa and Maleficent.... My two favorite Disney Characters.... In one season..... Season 4 is going to be perfect if the writers pull it off! 


      I love the idea of Blue being the one who takes her wings. I hope we do see The Moors, even though the 2014 movie was not the Maleficent I love, as that was a very cool idea. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am perfectly fine with Maleficent returning for a whole arc, granted I think A&E doing Frozen and Maleficent directly after their movies is a little extensive I'm still ok with it. But like I said..... Just as long as she's NOT related to anyone!..... I'm just saying I've been able to put up with the crazy family pairings so far, no matter how crazy they may be.... BUT!  If A&E were to make The Mistress Of All Evil have been married to the Flying Cesar Salad Child Pedophile and gave birth to Rumplestilskin (aka The Dark One aka The Beast, aka The Crocodile, aka Fairy God Mother.) Well.... Then I'm sorry but I'm just going to have to be done with OUAT. I don't care how much I love Killian, I don't care if they've got the finest Robin Hood since Sean Connery, I don't care if Regina should be a iconic hero to all women, I don't care how much I love the the idea of Prince Charming Captain Hook & Robin Hood being the Three Marketeers. I don't care how much fun getting a new outlook on childhood icons is. I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH I LOOK FORWARD TO THE LITTLE PIRATE SWAN PRINCESS BEING BORN SOMEDAY!!!!!! I just have to be done! :'(

      HOLY FLYING BUTTERBALLS!!! PLEASE DON'T TELL ME IT WAS MALEFICENT WHOM KILLIAN TRADDED HIS SHIP TOO...... PLEASE!!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:
      Ladies & Gentlemen please bow your heads and join me in prayer that they don't pull a twist of Magnificent being Rumple's long lost mother..... Amen!


      That's one twist I wouldn't see coming. o.O I want to believe Rumplestiltskin never knew his mother, and he was raised from birth with only his father.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:
      I am perfectly fine with Maleficent returning for a whole arc, granted I think A&E doing Frozen and Maleficent directly after their movies is a little extensive I'm still ok with it.

      The upcoming Sleeping Beauty arc was going to happen, regardless if the Angelina Jolie film was successful or not. This was something that was foreshadowed, since the beginning of Season 1. The new film and the actress being available, certainly helped with the timing. The Frozen arc, on the other hand, came out of nowhere.... and is only being incorporated due to it being "cool".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hey maybe Philip will become a member of the Boy Band or SB Dads Club.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:
      Hey maybe Philip will become a member of the Boy Band or SB Dads Club.

      Let him gain a personality first.... I like Phillip and all, but he is a pretty dull character. Though, I do enjoy that he dresses like a smelly hobo, instead of flaunting that he is a prince.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      DZAV21 wrote:
      Hey maybe Philip will become a member of the Boy Band or SB Dads Club.
      Let him gain a personality first.... I like Phillip and all, but he is a pretty dull character. Though, I do enjoy that he dresses like a smelly hobo, instead of flaunting that he is a prince.


      I just thought they based his personality off the original Disney version. Disney Philip was duller then Disney Cinderella.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • BUT how will maleficent return? My theory is that someone collected maleficent's ash and pour it into the well since it has magical powers thus restoring maleficent back to her true form.....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I like this theory. It would be cool if it was Elizabeth Mitchell's character that restores Maleficent because then she might not be another villain that dies. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Alexalaz wrote:


      Actually, if they did not do her arc before it is probably because the actress was working on True Blood ^^


      Yes I meant that were are lucky that won't meet her in her story arch but we have already meet her. She didn't appear that much to be too much to return for an arc, it's really cool that we have the change to know who the big bad is, like Cora. Zelena, Hook and Pan appeared from nowhere.


      Cora didn't come from nowhere. We saw her in Season One before shhe became the big bad. Peter Pan was referenced at the end of Season two before he became the big bad. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote: Regina should be a iconic hero to all women

      LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! You're kidding, right? She's a MURDERER!!! Jesus Christ...

      Anyway, whereas I am very excited about Maleficent returning, it is toned down by the fact that I don't much care for the actress who portrays her, Kristin Bauer. I've always hated that casting choice. She doesn't evoke Maleficent in the least. Still, I'm hopeful that by giving her more focus she'll be able to turn it around and surprise me positively. But even her voice seems all wrong for the character...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:

      I just thought they based his personality off the original Disney version. Disney Philip was duller then Disney Cinderella.

      The Disney Phillip was not duller than Cinderella's prince, because no one is duller (or worsely animated) than that guy. While OUaT's Phillip is probably based on the original, at least the animated one had a pretty good sense of humor.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote:

      DZAV21 wrote: Regina should be a iconic hero to all women

      LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! You're kidding, right? She's a MURDERER!!!


      Um.... What's your point?...... Ok fine then, It's Milah who should be a iconic hero to all women... :)
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Gusey1397 wrote:
      Alexalaz wrote:


      Actually, if they did not do her arc before it is probably because the actress was working on True Blood ^^


      Yes I meant that were are lucky that won't meet her in her story arch but we have already meet her. She didn't appear that much to be too much to return for an arc, it's really cool that we have the change to know who the big bad is, like Cora. Zelena, Hook and Pan appeared from nowhere.

      Cora didn't come from nowhere. We saw her in Season One before shhe became the big bad. Peter Pan was referenced at the end of Season two before he became the big bad. 

      Yes indeed, you are right about her, but I like that both her and Maleficent appeared before their story arcs. It makes the storyline way more realistic. She just appeared withour reavealing too much, just to make a tease. We saw her but its the first time we have the change to explore her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Zelena however came out of nowhere. So did Greg and Tamara.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote:
      Zelena however came out of nowhere. So did Greg and Tamara.

      That's true and so did the Frozen arc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote:

      Rena Charming wrote:

      DZAV21 wrote: Regina should be a iconic hero to all women

      LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! You're kidding, right? She's a MURDERER!!!


      Um.... What's your point?...... Ok fine then, It's Milah who should be a iconic hero to all women... :)

      What's my point? You honestly missed what my point was?
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What's wrong with the quotes?

      Anyway, about the "characters coming out of nowhere" thing... how do characters come out of nowhere anyway? They have to be introduced somehow. Zelena and her connection to Regina's family was a bit of a curveball, but Greg and Tamara didn't just come out of nowhere, their introductions came before their revelation that they were evil.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote: Zelena and her connection to Regina's family was a bit of a curveball, but Greg and Tamara didn't just come out of nowhere, their introductions came before their revelation that they were evil.

      While the Wicked Witch was foreshadowed several times, the way Zelena was introduced was kind of random. Let us forget, that she is Regina's sister.... it literally could have been any character, who acted as the enemy during the "missing year".

      Their introductions were unnecessary, as was their "arc" in general. Greg and Tamara were pretty useless, and only served as red-herrings. The story would have still ended up in Neverland, even without them being involved. Was it any surprise that they were killed off, within the first 15 minutes of Season 3? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nope, I totally called that. Greg and Tamara were a waste, in more ways than one. The whole idea with bringing the real world to Storybrooke, which is what Greg's purpose seemed to be when he was first introduced and crashed into the town, gave way for a ridiculous story about Greg having been in town when he was a kid (did the first episode about how Storybrooke was during the curse really need Kurt and Owen?) and trying to get rid of magic, only to find out he was working for Peter Pan.

      I also liked the idea of Tamara just being a simple romantic foil, a good woman who got embroiled in crazy fairytale drama. But in her very second appearance she was some sort of big bad with magic tasers (LOL!). And then they were killed off without their stories being made any better. Just swept under the rug. Ugh.

      Nooooow getting back to Maleficent (cos we seem to stray a lot :P), she's cool.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the only characters that "came out of nowhere" are Greg and Tamara.

      Any good story, you have times where a character is introduced, or the character fades out.  But the introduction and interaction of the character fits the existing storyline.  The only real purpose for Greg and Tamara was as filler to lead into the Neverland Arc. Unlike Cora, Hook, Pan, Zelena, or the others, Greg and Tamara's characters felt very one-dimensional and forced.  Cora, Pan, Zelena... You could feel the emotions behind their characters, you could see the depth of character development.  They were all well thought out and planned.

      Greg and Tamara, there was nothing there. They did not feel planned out in the slightest, but rather just something that was plopped in to move the story forward. It honestly felt like cheap storytelling, and one of the reasons I rank the last part of Season 2 as really weak.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Jeez we're getting off topic again. However I do want to get this out. Greg and Tamara worked very well when they were introduced, a suspicious fiancee and a random stranger. The character self were a bit one-dimensional but they were introduced properly. And to kill them off was just showing how strong 'Pan' was.

      But I never felt villains came out of nowhere. The whole second part of season 2 led up to Peter Pan. Cora was introduced in season 1, we knew her. And she naturally came into the story. She had a purpose, and was far from sudden. Zelena had been the most sudden up until now as she suddenly just appeared in the story (not counting all her teasers)

      Elsa, although not a villain is very sudden. But that probably is the purpose. Emma accidentally took her with them... or Hook whatever. And Maleficent is just one of those villains who we already established and know who then becomes a major villain.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I always found Elsa's 1st appearance and Zelena's first appearance to be kind of random. Zelena's first appearance and her speech to herself was very odd but cool at the same time. But then it didn't make sense. Especially since she said she was going to get her revenge even though. She never met Regina until the episode Witch Hunt. Regina never did anything to her. Unless you count her being born, but that wasn't Regina's fault.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think you missed the point of the storyline... Zelena had a warped point of view on everything about her life. She did want revenge on Rumple (which she sort of got, by making him her pet) and Cora (who was dead), but she also always felt like Regina had taken her place in life. Zelena could have had everything that Regina had, but she was denied it. Even though Regina had a bit of a wretched life herself, which she often admitted, this only fueled Zelena further, because it made her angry that Regina had everything and still wasted it, and still wasn't happy with what she'd been given. Zelena was literally green with envy. Also, Elsa's first appearance comes as the cliffhanger to end a season on... how could it not be random?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • To some people it was random. It was very snowy in 3.19, so there was a hint, but I guess anyone could have appeared. Jafar, Cruella De vil, Judge Frollo, etc. Yeah I see Zelena's anger, but something that was never brought up, was Glinda's lack of encouragement and truthfulness. She didn't reveal the full prophecy meaning that she lied a little, causing Zelena to distrust her. Plus she kind of left Zelena out when Dorothy appeared, unless offscreen, Zelena opted to not sit. But still, her world crumbled when her adoptive father snapped. I do wonder what ended up happening to him in the end though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm not sure that the snow in 3.19 was meant to foreshadow Elsa. Especially considering that the writers originally intended for Elsa to be someone else that they're gonna save for later. I hope that when they finally bring in that iconic character they reveal to us they were supposed to be in the s3 finale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OK. I might be going bat shit cray here but gimme a little time. In an article on TV Line it is said that, ragarding the 4B storyline, A&E have said that in the first ten episodes of 4A the seeds for the big reveal in ep 11 have been sown so that we all go "Ah OK". This to me says the Frozen storyline will somehow link to the Maleficent storyline.

      Before I continue, two things:

      1. Almost every major villain has had backup:

      Regina = Sidney, Rumple (kinda), Rumple = his 'puppets' i.e Regina (he's in charge she just doesn't know it), Cora = Hook, Pan = Lost Boys, Zelena = Flying Monkeys 

      2. A&E have said that S4 will take place right after the movie finishes. Now I know Olaf won't be making an appearance but that doesn't mean he doesn't exist and if we're going exactly by the movie he will clearly have existed. If this is the case Elsa's powers will retain their most iconic aspect: animation of non-living things.

      This said, my theory: Regina has stated, I believe, that the Cave was the only thing sustaining Maleficent. So when Pan's Curse hit and everyone was taken back to the EF there was nothing keeping her...undead. However. Going by the Appearances of Elsa and Elizabeth Mitchell's charcter (Snow Queen) in the episode "The Apprentice" one might assume that the Snow Queen becomes a teacher to the Ice Queen. Why? Because they have the same powers. Exactly the same powers. Meaning whatever the Snow Queen is planning, and I think it's something big, she wanted back-up and what better back-up that a shapeshifting witch/fairy with beef with quite a few Major Characters. So she uses her ice/snow powers with their life-giving properties to restore Maleficent to her former glory. WHAM! The Mistress of All Evil becomes your bitch...that is until 4B when she is let loose on Storybrooke that is.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rena Charming wrote:
      I'm not sure that the snow in 3.19 was meant to foreshadow Elsa.

      Of course, it was not foreshadowing.... they were filming during an actual blzzard.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have an idea, but it might be a little lazy writing, someone theorized that Maleficent might also be Morgan Le Fay and Aurora is the daughter of King Arthur and Guinevere and Maleficent cursed Guinevere first, so maybe the Sleeping Beauty arch might also be a Camelot arch 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:
      I have an idea, but it might be a little lazy writing, someone theorized that Maleficent might also be Morgan Le Fay and Aurora is the daughter of King Arthur and Guinevere and Maleficent cursed Guinevere first, so maybe the Sleeping Beauty arch might also be a Camelot arch 

      That's interesting! :o

      Either way, I'm ecstatic to see Maleficent return and can't wait to see what story they FINALLY spin with her ahaha.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:

      Either way, I'm ecstatic to see Maleficent return and can't wait to see what story they FINALLY spin with her ahaha.

      Well, if OUaT goes with the douchbag version of King Stefan; then I nominate, Alan van Sprang for the role.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      D.Prince wrote:

      PS: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

      Rumplestiltskin was the one who created the Dark Curse, and convinced Prince Charming to put the True Love Potion inside of her. Hook fought, and subdued, zombie!Maleficent. While, Robin Hood and Will Scarlet stole from her.

      Besides, Rumplestiltskin probably helped Maleficent create the Sleeping Curse, in the first place.... ala: the spinning wheel. ;)

      I'm thinking that Maleficent knew that Cora was in Wonderland and that's why she gave the warning to Robin Hood about the looking glass.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote:

      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      D.Prince wrote:

      PS: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

      Rumplestiltskin was the one who created the Dark Curse, and convinced Prince Charming to put the True Love Potion inside of her. Hook fought, and subdued, zombie!Maleficent. While, Robin Hood and Will Scarlet stole from her.

      Besides, Rumplestiltskin probably helped Maleficent create the Sleeping Curse, in the first place.... ala: the spinning wheel. ;)

      I'm thinking that Maleficent knew that Cora was in Wonderland and that's why she gave the warning to Robin Hood about the looking glass.

      I think that's an interesting thought, but why will she care to advertise him?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:

      YayMona wrote:

      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      D.Prince wrote:

      PS: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

      Rumplestiltskin was the one who created the Dark Curse, and convinced Prince Charming to put the True Love Potion inside of her. Hook fought, and subdued, zombie!Maleficent. While, Robin Hood and Will Scarlet stole from her.

      Besides, Rumplestiltskin probably helped Maleficent create the Sleeping Curse, in the first place.... ala: the spinning wheel. ;)

      I'm thinking that Maleficent knew that Cora was in Wonderland and that's why she gave the warning to Robin Hood about the looking glass.

      I think that's an interesting thought, but why will she care to advertise him?

      I don't think anyone is truly evil.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:

      YayMona wrote:

      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      D.Prince wrote:

      PS: I don't why some people put Rumple on the grudge list. I don't remember him doing nothing againt's maleficent.

      Rumplestiltskin was the one who created the Dark Curse, and convinced Prince Charming to put the True Love Potion inside of her. Hook fought, and subdued, zombie!Maleficent. While, Robin Hood and Will Scarlet stole from her.

      Besides, Rumplestiltskin probably helped Maleficent create the Sleeping Curse, in the first place.... ala: the spinning wheel. ;)

      I'm thinking that Maleficent knew that Cora was in Wonderland and that's why she gave the warning to Robin Hood about the looking glass.

      I think that's an interesting thought, but why will she care to advertise him?

      Because she seemed like the older and wiser Maleficent that warned Regina about the price of casting the dark curse.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • maleficent must be really powerful because rumple made sure he was far away from her as possible. he avoided her every possible way he could lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Jerome mills wrote: maleficent must be really powerful because rumple made sure he was far away from her as possible. he avoided her every possible way he could lol.

      We don't know that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel like I'm one of the only people who is hoping that OUAT doesn't just copy Sleeping Beauty when they portray her. She seemed older and wiser when we first saw her in the second episode of the first season. I hope that even though she'll probably be the villain, they'll sort of keep her on the older and wiser track. I personally don't want to see her be the mistress of all evil, especially since if they turn her into that on Once, then they'll end up having to kill her off.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote:
      I personally don't want to see her be the mistress of all evil, especially since if they turn her into that on Once, then they'll end up having to kill her off.

      Lol.... talk about redundant.

      OUaT's Maleficent has died more times, than anyone else on the show.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      YayMona wrote:
      I personally don't want to see her be the mistress of all evil, especially since if they turn her into that on Once, then they'll end up having to kill her off.

      Lol.... talk about redundant.

      OUaT's Maleficent has died more times, than anyone else on the show.

      Well, technically she's is probably undead since Regina spelled the cave she was in to keep her alive in one form or another. I'm just worried that if they turn her into The Mistress Of All Evil like she was in Sleeping Beauty, then they'll end up killing her off permanently.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She was "undead" when Hook encountered her in Season 2.  However, who knows what happened once Regina undid the original curse and Snow cast hers! She coiuld be back to normal, she could be undead, she could still be in the EF, She could be residing in StoryBrooke.  She could be running the Fire Grilled Pizza Palace for all we know.

      But I'm with everyone else.  Even if they DO make her the mistress of all evil (which I really don't see happening, given her portrayal with both Regina and David), I don't think she should be killed off at the end. Heck, maybe have the gang defeat her, she goes cowering over to a corner for a 'spell' (pun intended), then comes out swinging stronger.

      It would be real nice if Rumple goes to stab her with the dagger, only to find out that She is the one thing the dagger does NOT affect. (David's sword, on the other hand...) 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Jerome mills wrote:
      maleficent must be really powerful because rumple made sure he was far away from her as possible. he avoided her every possible way he could lol.



      After seeing her showdown with Regina in (1x2) I doubt she is that powerful...


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:

      Jerome mills wrote:
      maleficent must be really powerful because rumple made sure he was far away from her as possible. he avoided her every possible way he could lol.

      Regina only won because she targeted Mal's unicorn.


      After seeing her showdown with Regina in (1x2) I doubt she is that powerful...


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well at that time, her staff was the thing that risked blowing the OUAT budget, so they couldn't make her transform into a dragon until the right time/had the show been a success which it had become a success by the end of the season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote:
      Well at that time, her staff was the thing that risked blowing the OUAT budget, so they couldn't make her transform into a dragon until the right time/had the show been a success which it had become a success by the end of the season.

      When OUaT finally did tranform Maleficent into a dragon, they had Emma defeat her pretty quickly. I think, Maleficent was more powerful in her youth.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Maleficent didn't have much power when she was in her dragon for in SB. She was resting there for 28 years. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ^^^^^

      ANd let's face it, when Emma faced Mal, she had been trapped for 28 years in a cramped cave in a land that did not have magic. And probably had not had a decent meal in that time.  So she's tired, cramped, hungry, and pretty much powerless.

      I suspect were Mal to show up in SB now, it would be a totally different encounter.

      And one thing that I think would be enjoyable is that Mal, unlike most of the other baddies, is going to have a personal vendetta against Emma (along with half the town).  So right off the bat, Emma will have much more at stake than before.

        Preparing Editor Spell
      • Emma ("killing her")
      • Regina (betrayal)
      • Hook (fighting her zombie form)
      • Charming (forcing an egg in her)
      • Rumplestiltskin (giving the order)
      • Belle (saving Phillip)
      • Mulan (saving Phillip and Aurora)
      • Robin Hood (theft)
      • Will (theft)
      • Phillip and Aurora (by default)
        Preparing Editor Spell
    • maleficent is powerful but maybe when she was  built up on anger and revenge , she did tell regina that she moved on , so maybe she stopped practacing magic and fighting . we knows shes powerful due to her transforming into a freakin drgaon on and off , she cursed philip into a fire demon dog , created the sleeping curse and used it on two people.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She told Regina that she had moved on, but that was before the curse.  Hard to say what being trapped for 28+ years will do to a person's psyche. She may have come out, and decided (particularly after getting her head handed to her by Emma, of all people), that it is time to take off the gloves and come out of retirement.

      Of course, having that bottle of love in an egg shoved inside of her for at least 29+ years (28 for the curse and at least 1 for Wedding/Pregnancy) may have somewhat affected her while she carried it, but now that it is out, she is free to carry on with her evil and malicious ways. (I am assuming that David's encounter with Mal was before the conversation between Regina and Mal in 1.2)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      She told Regina that she had moved on, but that was before the curse.  Hard to say what being trapped for 28+ years will do to a person's psyche. She may have come out, and decided (particularly after getting her head handed to her by Emma, of all people), that it is time to take off the gloves and come out of retirement.

      Of course, having that bottle of love in an egg shoved inside of her for at least 29+ years (28 for the curse and at least 1 for Wedding/Pregnancy) may have somewhat affected her while she carried it, but now that it is out, she is free to carry on with her evil and malicious ways. (I am assuming that David's encounter with Mal was before the conversation between Regina and Mal in 1.2)

      You're right because that conversation happened after Snow and Charming's wedding

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't think the love potion had anything to do with Maleficents soft side. Yes, the potion was inside her, but it was close and I don't think it could posibly affect her if it was not open. I think she was being soft because she finished her revenge and move on with her pet unicorn, besides Regina was her "friend" so it didn't seem like she had a real reason to fight her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Is season 4b arc will be based off of Maleficent (2014) or what? I hope we do get to see Stefan and the three good fairies!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think the 4B arc will contain some elements of the 2014 version but mostly it will be original. For example, Tink already stated that the Blue Fairy took the Black Fairy's wand (if Mal is the Black Fairy) and most likely her wings. In the 2014 film, Stefan took Mal's wings. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I rather see the original version of Mal than the 2014 version.... and I also prefer the blue fairy taking her wings, it makes it more interesting than some random king taking her wings for power.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • well i hope there's a backstory between mal and stefan, but not like in the 2014 version, but i still want blue be the one to take her wings to give that signature once twist, and i also would like to see aurora and philip's background (once upon a dream)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with having Blue be the one to take her wings (and wand).  In fact, It might be nice to see some real tension between these two characters.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Plus we don't really know anything about Blue's backstory. We only see her often in the backstories of other characters. I would like to see one of her too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that maleficent is/was the black fairy and that blue took her wings and wand, and banished her. But maleficent found a way to use magic in other ways, and after that dilema that regina put her in, she can come back and truly wreak havoc. My main question is what threat will she pose? regina from season 1 beat her in a witch fight, and she didn't even kill her, she just wanted the dark curse from her staff. She doesn't have as much power as regina, and by extension, possibly emma, rumple, elsa(?), or the snow queen(?). Unless she gets her wings and wand back in addition to the magic she already has, I have doubts about her posing a threat

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Puggles52 wrote: I think that maleficent is/was the black fairy and that blue took her wings and wand, and banished her. But maleficent found a way to use magic in other ways, and after that dilema that regina put her in, she can come back and truly wreak havoc. My main question is what threat will she pose? regina from season 1 beat her in a witch fight, and she didn't even kill her, she just wanted the dark curse from her staff. She doesn't have as much power as regina, and by extension, possibly emma, rumple, elsa(?), or the snow queen(?). Unless she gets her wings and wand back in addition to the magic she already has, I have doubts about her posing a threat

      I think that if Present Regina went up against herself as the Evil Queen, she would lose. Regina beat Maleficent because she's completely given into evil at that point, while Maleficent had something to love in her life and her evil side lessened its grip on her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The fact that Regina have been acting "good" does not make her any less powerful, she can even produce light magic now (which in fact is stronger that dark magic, after all it stopped Zelena). So they might have to come up with something new for Maleficent, not even her staff seemed to be special in any way (one might think that it makes her stronger, like with Jafar, but this was not the case).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote: The fact that Regina have been acting "good" does not make her any less powerful, she can even produce light magic now (which in fact is stronger that dark magic, after all it stopped Zelena). So they might have to come up with something new for Maleficent, not even her staff seemed to be special in any way (one might think that it makes her stronger, like with Jafar, but this was not the case).

      If Maleficent isn't the Black Fairy, they could still do a storyline where Maleficent finds the wand and decided to start using it anyways.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Puggles52 wrote:
      I think that maleficent is/was the black fairy and that blue took her wings and wand, and banished her. But maleficent found a way to use magic in other ways, and after that dilema that regina put her in, she can come back and truly wreak havoc. My main question is what threat will she pose? regina from season 1 beat her in a witch fight, and she didn't even kill her, she just wanted the dark curse from her staff. She doesn't have as much power as regina, and by extension, possibly emma, rumple, elsa(?), or the snow queen(?). Unless she gets her wings and wand back in addition to the magic she already has, I have doubts about her posing a threat

      I would love to see her as the black fairy because in the original tale (or at least some verrsions of it) she was the 13th fairy and was excluded from the birth(day) festivities because she was he 13th and therefore an unlucky number and/or they only had enough dishes to serve 12. I'd rather that than have king Stefan cut off her wings and metaphorically rape her like in the 2014 film.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I wonder... is Maleficent even going to be the villain? Being a major character doesn't mean villain. Look at Elsa. Maleficent just before the Curse was cast was much more... at peace with her lot in life as a defeated villain. In Wonderland, which probably takes place at about the same time as the whole SnowXCharming love story (we can assume, but it's not set in stone), Maleficent shows the same exact enlightened attitude that she did near the casting of the Curse. Yeah, she has a LOT of shit to be pissed about. But she might not necessarily be the villain in the PRESENT. I'm hoping for Jafar-esque levels of insanity in the PAST. :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent was not happy being defeated. She had actually won and decided to live the rest of her days with her per unicorn. Remember she had already cursed Aurora and Phillip by the time she was softy...but now seeing that all his hard work have been undo+plus all the things she can be pissed of by now...I think it's enough to make me think she will at least will be one of the major villains. There's no point on her being "good"

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:
      Maleficent was not happy being defeated. She had actually won and decided to live the rest of her days with her per unicorn. Remember she had already cursed Aurora and Phillip by the time she was softy...but now seeing that all his hard work have been undo+plus all the things she can be pissed of by now...I think it's enough to make me think she will at least will be one of the major villains. There's no point on her being "good"

      We found out later on that Aurora had been cursed and that Philip was a Yaoguai, but back then we only knew that Aurora's mother beat Maleficent, which Regina rubbed in her face. So while she was content with exacting revenge on Aurora, she didn't seem inclined to hurt anyone else (not even Charming, as she was only defending herself and could've attacked him again at any point in the timeline)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I actually hope Maleficent says her iconic quotes in the show.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent arc definitly has a lot of potential. It's nice we are getting it soon too, since Maleficent was introduced in 1x02, and Aurora and Phillip in 2x01. There's alot of questions that hopefully will be answered, including:

      What is Maleficent (human, fallen fairy, something else)?

      Why does she keep cursing Aurora's family?

      How did Regina know Maleficent?

      Where are Aurora's parents?

      What is Maleficent's end game?

      All in all, it should be an exciting arc.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      The Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent arc definitly has a lot of potential. It's nice we are getting it soon too, since Maleficent was introduced in 1x02, and Aurora and Phillip in 2x01. There's alot of questions that hopefully will be answered, including:

      What is Maleficent (human, fallen fairy, something else)?

      Why does she keep cursing Aurora's family?

      How did Regina know Maleficent?

      Where are Aurora's parents?

      What is Maleficent's end game?

      All in all, it should be an exciting arc.

      All in all, I think the Regina-Maleficent friendship will be explained as them meeting through Rumple or something equally underwhelming. We know Regina gave Maleficent the Dark Curse in exchange for the Sleeping Curse. So Aurora was cursed shortly before Snow was, most likely. And the fact that Rumple never went after Maleficent to get the Curse back, but instead sent Charming after her for different reasons, suggests she might be stronger than him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      The Sleeping Beauty/Maleficent arc definitly has a lot of potential. It's nice we are getting it soon too, since Maleficent was introduced in 1x02, and Aurora and Phillip in 2x01. There's alot of questions that hopefully will be answered, including:

      What is Maleficent (human, fallen fairy, something else)?

      Why does she keep cursing Aurora's family?

      How did Regina know Maleficent?

      Where are Aurora's parents?

      What is Maleficent's end game?

      All in all, it should be an exciting arc.

      All in all, I think the Regina-Maleficent friendship will be explained as them meeting through Rumple or something equally underwhelming. We know Regina gave Maleficent the Dark Curse in exchange for the Sleeping Curse. So Aurora was cursed shortly before Snow was, most likely. And the fact that Rumple never went after Maleficent to get the Curse back, but instead sent Charming after her for different reasons, suggests she might be stronger than him.

      But remember that Regina bested her, so I'm doubting that she's stronger than Rumple. But then again, at that time Regina had given completely into evil, which I think would probably make someone's ability to do dark magic a lot stronger. I honestly think maybe Rumple couldn't get into Maleficent's castle because she probably knew spells to keep him specifically out. Either that or more than likely Rumple just couldn't be bothered with going all the way to the Forbidden Fortress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent's unicorn however didn't appear in 1.22, so it was established that Maleficent only lost because she valued her unicorn more than herself. We see her transform into a dragon in 1.22. We also know Maleficent is known for her form magic. So she could easily take on Rumple if she took on a form that could easily defeat him. I think Rumple was doing so much work already, he decided that getting his hands dirty (Which ironically they always are when he's the Dark One) wasn't going to happen. Which is why he got Charming to do it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maleficent seemed to be 'retired' during 1.02, I think she wanted to begin living a quiet life even if Aurora would be freed from the curse.

      But I can imagine that after what Regina has done, kinda drove her over the edge to take the staff in hands again.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Also, comparing the events in 1.22 to 1.02 is not really fair.  David defeated Maleficent before he woke Snow up.  Regina did not go back for the Dark Curse until right before Snow and David's wedding.  so the flashback in 1.02 is (in my understanding) AFTER the events of 1.22.

      Now, I agree that the combination of being forced to be a dragon for 28 years, after Regina bested her and threatened her pet Unicorn, combined with the beating she took from Emma, combined with whatever turned her into that wraith/spectre like thing in 2.20 (or was it .2.21) that Hook outsmarted, may be just enough to drive her back to craze Evil.  We'll see.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And if she sees Aurora with a new baby. She might go all Zelena, Pan, and Cora crazy and set out to ruin the lives of everyone in Storybrooke.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      Also, comparing the events in 1.22 to 1.02 is not really fair.  David defeated Maleficent before he woke Snow up.  Regina did not go back for the Dark Curse until right before Snow and David's wedding.  so the flashback in 1.02 is (in my understanding) AFTER the events of 1.22.

      Now, I agree that the combination of being forced to be a dragon for 28 years, after Regina bested her and threatened her pet Unicorn, combined with the beating she took from Emma, combined with whatever turned her into that wraith/spectre like thing in 2.20 (or was it .2.21) that Hook outsmarted, may be just enough to drive her back to craze Evil.  We'll see.

      It's estimated on this wiki that the Wonderland episode featuring Maleficent takes place long before Snow's Curse (IDK how, since there's nothing to tie that in...) and she seems very non-evil. So it's safe to say that Maleficent just had a vendetta against Aurora and her mom and was just chill with everyone else.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Hmcooper4 wrote:
      Also, comparing the events in 1.22 to 1.02 is not really fair.  David defeated Maleficent before he woke Snow up.  Regina did not go back for the Dark Curse until right before Snow and David's wedding.  so the flashback in 1.02 is (in my understanding) AFTER the events of 1.22.

      Now, I agree that the combination of being forced to be a dragon for 28 years, after Regina bested her and threatened her pet Unicorn, combined with the beating she took from Emma, combined with whatever turned her into that wraith/spectre like thing in 2.20 (or was it .2.21) that Hook outsmarted, may be just enough to drive her back to craze Evil.  We'll see.

      It's estimated on this wiki that the Wonderland episode featuring Maleficent takes place long before Snow's Curse (IDK how, since there's nothing to tie that in...) and she seems very non-evil. So it's safe to say that Maleficent just had a vendetta against Aurora and her mom and was just chill with everyone else.

      Well it's before Robin met Marian so..

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would say that Maleficient is the kind of villain that will not get her hands dirty unless something is personal. At the time Regina bested her, I assume that she only had vendetta againts Aurora and her family. She might have vendetta againts the Merry men because Will stole her mirror, but propably the mirror wasn't such a huge deal for her. Now on the other hand, a lot of people have crossed her path the wrong way, I hope she really will go all berserk in the next arc. And ohh Aurora has a child, time to curse another baby!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WinterWoodsGal wrote:

      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:

      Hmcooper4 wrote:
      Also, comparing the events in 1.22 to 1.02 is not really fair.  David defeated Maleficent before he woke Snow up.  Regina did not go back for the Dark Curse until right before Snow and David's wedding.  so the flashback in 1.02 is (in my understanding) AFTER the events of 1.22.

      Now, I agree that the combination of being forced to be a dragon for 28 years, after Regina bested her and threatened her pet Unicorn, combined with the beating she took from Emma, combined with whatever turned her into that wraith/spectre like thing in 2.20 (or was it .2.21) that Hook outsmarted, may be just enough to drive her back to craze Evil.  We'll see.

      It's estimated on this wiki that the Wonderland episode featuring Maleficent takes place long before Snow's Curse (IDK how, since there's nothing to tie that in...) and she seems very non-evil. So it's safe to say that Maleficent just had a vendetta against Aurora and her mom and was just chill with everyone else.
      Well it's before Robin met Marian so..

      Just because Marian doesn't show up doesn't mean it's before he met her. She could've been chilling at the camp for all we know.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Maleficent was really pissed about Will stealing her mirror, because it was a portal to another world: Wonderland. But now with the new knowledge of what mirrors can do, Maleficent easily could have used magic to change the destination if Phillip and Aurora managed to escape her, she could follow right behind them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote:
      I think Maleficent was really pissed about Will stealing her mirror, because it was a portal to another world: Wonderland. But now with the new knowledge of what mirrors can do, Maleficent easily could have used magic to change the destination if Phillip and Aurora managed to escape her, she could follow right behind them.

      And that mirror could save her from the Dark Curse. Or were people of Wonderland cursed as well?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Brzoskwinia wrote:

      Dan Fox wrote:
      I think Maleficent was really pissed about Will stealing her mirror, because it was a portal to another world: Wonderland. But now with the new knowledge of what mirrors can do, Maleficent easily could have used magic to change the destination if Phillip and Aurora managed to escape her, she could follow right behind them.

      And that mirror could save her from the Dark Curse. Or were people of Wonderland cursed as well?

      I think the people in Wonderland were frozen in time during the curse, otherwise the Red Queen wouldn't look like she was still in her mid twenties 28 years later.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • But remember the flow of time is much different in Wonderland compared to other lands. Alice was there for only a few months/weeks (idk) but in VE many years had passed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      But remember the flow of time is much different in Wonderland compared to other lands. Alice was there for only a few months/weeks (idk) but in VE many years had passed.

      Nope. Young 10 year old Alice was gone for months during the events of the movie (which might've been longer themselves on the show) and she constantly went back to Wonderland over the following 8 years, as explained by Alice in the Pilot. Both worlds were frozen for 28 years, and it seems like the final time (when Alice met Cyrus and Will and such) were right around the time Snow and Charming's love story happened. Not that hard to guesstimate, since she was definitely in the Asylum when the Curse hit (we can assume, as there's no way she was in Wonderland for 28 years then got into the Asylum for like one...)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I hope that with Will on OUAT the timeline for OUATIW will finally be clear. it's to muddy right now to know EXACTYLY when things happened (past and present), best is a ballpark estimate for now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Do you think 4B is going to be Maleficent vs. Curella Devill or that they'll be joining forces????

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DZAV21 wrote: Do you think 4B is going to be Maleficent vs. Curella Devill or that they'll be joining forces????

      I'm kind of thinking that Cruella is going to be Operation Mongoose's obstacle when Henry and Regina leave Storybrooke on their search for the books author.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think A&E have to create the biggest twist they could make to even make Cruella a threat to the characters of the EF, due to the fact that she has no magic at all and another fact is that she is too realistic in contrast to Maleficent, which really came from a fairy tale world and her story is a fairy tale not like a dognapper back story. What's curious to me was when MR gold said "you couldn't resist bringing her over" to regina, which is her friend maleficent and this is during 122. I don't really get Regina's point of bringing maleficent and trapping her. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think that there is an untold story there that has been waiting for the right moment. I agree that, given the statement made by Regina about Maleficent being her only friend, it's hard to believe that Regina would do that to her friend.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      I think that there is an untold story there that has been waiting for the right moment. I agree that, given the statement made by Regina about Maleficent being her only friend, it's hard to believe that Regina would do that to her friend.

      Don't forget, Regina killed her father and her mother in preparation for the Curse. She and Maleficent were friends, meaning she probably loved Mal. And to her, Love was Weakness, so she punished Mal for that love. Either that, or Maleficent tried to f her up for the unicorn threatening.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe they make Cruella a magic character? Or maybe she have science weapons like Greg and Tamara? Right know it's hard for villians to be a threat with Emma (and her powerful light magic), Regina in the good side and even Rumple giving them support at times. They are going to have to be quite creative like they did with Peter Pan (he was powerful and they were in neverland his bloody trap) and the Zelena (who had the dagger to control Rumple, her necklace that made her more powerful than any other user of dark magic and the fact that she erased their memories for a while).

      I'm thinking that maybe Cruella will be a secondary villian in the next arc.

      As for Regina trapping Maleficent, I think she wanted the trigger to be well guarded and second after stealing the dark curse from Mal I think it was probably better to trap her to prevent any king of revenge from her. I'm also not surprised that she did it, she killed her own father to get her revenge. Trapping a "friend" to her convenience does not sound so bad in comparison.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wait... What if Maleficent is the villain in the past, with Cruella in the present?! They've never done that before. We could get the Maleficent storyline in flashback form (like how 4A's had the Anna in Mist Haven storyline almost exclusively occupying the flashbacks) and Cruella in the present (like how the majority of the Snow Queen storyline in the present) It'd be two different villains and two different storylines in two different timelines.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Wait... What if Maleficent is the villain in the past, with Cruella in the present?! They've never done that before. We could get the Maleficent storyline in flashback form (like how 4A's had the Anna in Mist Haven storyline almost exclusively occupying the flashbacks) and Cruella in the present (like how the majority of the Snow Queen storyline in the present) It'd be two different villains and two different storylines in two different timelines.

      i've actually been wondering that too

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Adam and Eddie need to join this wiki, and quick. We can't let all these great ideas go to waste!

        Preparing Editor Spell

    • I really love that idea there having two major villains in one arc but different timelines. Great idea there! And if Cruella was from EF, then she and Maleficent may have crossed path. It would be amazing to have her fight Maleficent that might be an anti hero in the modern days of Storybrooke. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Wait... What if Maleficent is the villain in the past, with Cruella in the present?! They've never done that before. We could get the Maleficent storyline in flashback form (like how 4A's had the Anna in Mist Haven storyline almost exclusively occupying the flashbacks) and Cruella in the present (like how the majority of the Snow Queen storyline in the present) It'd be two different villains and two different storylines in two different timelines.

      It's interesting, but Maleficent is not dead in present day, so I think not having her in Storybrooke would be a missed oppurtunity.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Wait... What if Maleficent is the villain in the past, with Cruella in the present?! They've never done that before. We could get the Maleficent storyline in flashback form (like how 4A's had the Anna in Mist Haven storyline almost exclusively occupying the flashbacks) and Cruella in the present (like how the majority of the Snow Queen storyline in the present) It'd be two different villains and two different storylines in two different timelines.
      It's interesting, but Maleficent is not dead in present day, so I think not having her in Storybrooke would be a missed oppurtunity.

      Emma did kill her. Because when the Curse brought her back to defend the trigger she wasn't flesh. She was dust and ragged clothing. Basically a spectral zombie. Unless the Curse kept her somewhat alive and the return to the EF revived her (like how Smee became human again), I don't see her being alive at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Maleficent is alive. I could see her appearing in 4.11, or if the writers decide to make Maleficent's first reappearance for 2015 and 4.12, then that will happen. But if she does appear in 4.11, I could see Cruella De Ville walking up to anunknown figure and telling them that everything is set in motion and that figure would be revealed to be Maleficent.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Wait... What if Maleficent is the villain in the past, with Cruella in the present?! They've never done that before. We could get the Maleficent storyline in flashback form (like how 4A's had the Anna in Mist Haven storyline almost exclusively occupying the flashbacks) and Cruella in the present (like how the majority of the Snow Queen storyline in the present) It'd be two different villains and two different storylines in two different timelines.
      It's interesting, but Maleficent is not dead in present day, so I think not having her in Storybrooke would be a missed oppurtunity.
      Emma did kill her. Because when the Curse brought her back to defend the trigger she wasn't flesh. She was dust and ragged clothing. Basically a spectral zombie. Unless the Curse kept her somewhat alive and the return to the EF revived her (like how Smee became human again), I don't see her being alive at all.

      Considering we don't even know what Maleficent is (the human form may not be her natrual form), I think it's too early to say she's dead, because she was in an undead form. She could be an entity extremely hard to kill, like Rumple due to being the Dark One.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • All of this Zombie mode maleficent is not gonna happen. First of all, this is the second curse and more especially, Snow White's curse. The spell on maleficent must be already undone, like Zelena's spell to Emma. Because they went back to EF, its likely that maleficent is back to normal too, and during that year, she is probably plotting her revenge already. What could also happen is that they may change the setting here again, probally going back to EF, maybe maleficent will have a curse that pulls everyone back into the EF since Emma already accepted herself as being a part of the storyworld, maybe this is a nice change. Maleficent perhaps will enanct her revenge this way. I mean if the fight happens in EF it will be a nice scenery change. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TheSamTrickster wrote:
      All of this Zombie mode maleficent is not gonna happen. First of all, this is the second curse and more especially, Snow White's curse. The spell on maleficent must be already undone, like Zelena's spell to Emma. 

      Umm, Zelena's curse on Emma was undone because she died. Regina's not dead.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would say that Emma, like her father before her, defeated Mal, enough to complete the task (David to plant the Egg, Emma to Retrieve it). The wounds that were dealt were probably not enough to kill her Dragon Form (at least not permanently).  I think the curse on Mal was such that she was defeatable, but not killable, except with the Failsafe device which kills everyone.

      When Regina undid the original curse, that is what released Mal from being stuck in Dragon/Spectral/unkillable form. She probably went and stayed out of sight during the "lost" year, and was pulled back to Storybrooke in the more "normal" fashion with Snow's curse.  Even from the flashbacks in Season 1, the Mal that exists around the time of the curses seems to be more reclusive, prefering to live a relatively quiet life in solitude.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WinterWoodsGal wrote:
      TheSamTrickster wrote:
      All of this Zombie mode maleficent is not gonna happen. First of all, this is the second curse and more especially, Snow White's curse. The spell on maleficent must be already undone, like Zelena's spell to Emma. 
      Umm, Zelena's curse on Emma was undone because she died. Regina's not dead.

      There are other ways to undo a spell lol, death isnt the only way. Before Snow cast the the dark curse, regina had to cast it again to counteract pan's curse. She basically changed the effect of the second curse, which is give henry and emma a false (better) memories, so basically the opposite of her first curse so I bet the first curse's effects are nulified by this point. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm forever ignored. I think Mal will be back to her normal form. Everything was undone when Regina changed Pans cursed and they returned to the EF. Blue, Tink became fairies again, Leroy, Happy became duarfs again etc. I don't see why Maleficent should be any different.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • D.Prince wrote:
      I'm forever ignored. I think Mal will be back to her normal form. Everything was undone when Regina changed Pans cursed and they returned to the EF. Blue, Tink became fairies again, Leroy, Happy became duarfs again etc. I don't see why Maleficent should be any different.

      No one is ignoring you, it's just we didn't have anything specific to say back to you. For the record, I agree with quite a few of your points. I think Cruella will be the secondary bad, behind Maleficent; I think Maleficent will be back to normal, probably due to the curse being undone and redone as you said; I think they may do something crazy like give Cruella a powerful magic object (if not make her outright magical) because otherwise 16 year old David could take her out in one episode (looking at you, Bo Peep).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I cant wait, have we heard if Aurora and Phillip are coming back yet? Guessing they will of course, they have too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Buffyfan123 wrote:
      I cant wait, have we heard if Aurora and Phillip are coming back yet? Guessing they will of course, they have too.

      Aurora, yes; Phillip, the actor is busy, but they are hopeing to get him in the second half of the season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.