FANDOM



  • So where do you guys think Glinda is currently? I mean, half the land didn’t go with the curse last time because of Cora’s spell so I’m pretty certain the whole land went this time. I really think either way, Glinda is in Storybrooke. But where? Maybe in the asylum due to Zelena having banished her, or locked up somewhere else?

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood wrote:

      So where do you guys think Glinda is currently? I mean, half the land didn’t go with the curse last time because of Cora’s spell so I’m pretty certain the whole land went this time.

      No.... the whole land was not sent to Storybrooke, this time around. Glinda is probably where she was, when we met her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Really? When did you find that out?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood wrote:
      Really? When did you find that out?

      Hook outran the curse, and traded the Jolly Roger to someone.... which means there are people, besides Ariel and Eric, still in the Enchanted Forest.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh yeah, well still, I think Glinda will be in SB. I think that part of the land she was in was probably sent there. "He outran the curse" makes it seem like he had a long way to go, but Snow and co made it to Glinda in just a few hours.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood wrote:
      Oh yeah, well still, I think Glinda will be in SB. I think that part of the land she was in was probably sent there. "He outran the curse" makes it seem like he had a long way to go, but Snow and co made it to Glinda in just a few hours.

      cora was able to avoid the first curse because she put up a shield to protect herself and hook. glinda seemed to be under some kind of protective spell in the EF which most likely shielded her from the second curse. i don't think she is in storybrooke if she was she would have tried to help defeat zelena or tried to train emma in light magic.

      i never understood why regina was emma's teacher and regina could only train her in dark magic. because regina didnt know light magic. off topic  but it bothered me.


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood
      Ruby Red Hood removed this reply because:
      i made a mistake
      02:24, July 8, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • She couldn't help them in SB if she was locked up somewhere.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood
      Ruby Red Hood removed this reply because:
      It's quite rude and offensive.
      05:22, July 8, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

       
      Glinda was never meant to be an important character. She was not very powerful, not much of a help. All she told Snow White, was that Zelena's weakness was Light Magic. There was nothing else she could offer them. Besides, Zelena probably altered Snow White's curse, so that Glinda would remain trapped in the Enchanted Forest.

      she could have taught emma and regina light magic. besides just because she wasnt stronger the zelena(who used magic as a baby) doesnt make her not powerful


        Preparing Editor Spell
    • "Glinda was never meant to be an important character. She was not very powerful, not much of a help. All she told Snow White, was that Zelena's weakness was Light Magic. There was nothing else she could offer them. Besides, Zelena probably altered Snow White's curse, so that Glinda would remain trapped in the Enchanted Forest."

      Well that's just one opinion. We never saw her power so who says she wasn't very powerful. And I don't really think Zelena would care if Glinda was taken along tbh, she didn't have much time either. And A&E might decide to make her important in the future. You've kind of turned this discussion around now. All I asked was where people thought she was, you can have just replied saying you disagreed lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edt997 wrote:
      Ruby Red Hood wrote:
      Oh yeah, well still, I think Glinda will be in SB. I think that part of the land she was in was probably sent there. "He outran the curse" makes it seem like he had a long way to go, but Snow and co made it to Glinda in just a few hours.

      cora was able to avoid the first curse because she put up a shield to protect herself and hook. glinda seemed to be under some kind of protective spell in the EF which most likely shielded her from the second curse. i don't think she is in storybrooke if she was she would have tried to help defeat zelena or tried to train emma in light magic.

      i never understood why regina was emma's teacher and regina could only train her in dark magic. because regina didnt know light magic. off topic  but it bothered me.


      First, regarding reaching Glinda.  Snow, David, and Regina reached the DOORWAY to Glinda relatively quickly, but that doorway was a portal to somewhere else in the EF (hence the change of scenery from one side of the door to the other). So it is quite conceivable that Glinda is still hidden in the EF somewhere, and not in SB. Which is where I think Glinda is at the moment, though with Zelena's demise it is possible that Glinda was freed to return to Oz, so she may have gone back there.

      As for Regina teaching Dark Magic to Emma, if you think about it, at the time Emma asked Regina to train her, they had not yet found out that it had to be light magic to defeat her.  All Emma wanted was to be trained so that she could be useful in conjunction with Regina.  Emma was going to the 2 against 1 odds. (though with Rumple in the mix even Regina and Emma together would not be enough to oppose Zelena and Rumple).  It wasn't until Snow's curse was broken that the need for light magic was discovered.

      as for why Regina was the teacher, well, at the time she was the most powerful (and only) Magician available (Rumple was unavailable, and there was no one else with suitable magic ability).

      And given how well Regina eventually did with light magic herself, she probably could have trained Emma in it had she known the need.  She just didn't think she had it in her to actually USE light magic (an assumption that fortunately proved to be incorrect). The ability to train someone does not necessarily require an ability to perform what you are training (though it does help).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The doorway to where Glinda was hiding may or may not have been penetrated by the curse. It's still unknown, but I guess one thing to debate is if the land Glinda was residing within (only accessible through the doorway by the pure of heart) could still be touched by the curse. I'm going to say no because the door appears to be the only way to reach her, so I believe Glinda is still in the Enchanted Forest on her land. As far as it's known, the door opens in reaction to the purity in a person's heart and otherwise it remains closed. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still don't get why the curse wouldn't take her...we may find out in season 4 where she is. Hopefully. But I'm still sticking with SB.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Hook outran the curse, and traded the Jolly Roger to someone.... which means there are people, besides Ariel and Eric, still in the Enchanted Forest.

      The curse had certain bounderies and Hook went beyond those bounderies. Just like Ariel and Eric were on a completely different place. They seemed to reach Glinda on foot so it probably wasn't that far away but probably also not caught in the curse as Glinda seemed to be cursed away to a seperate dimension.

      Maybe she could appear next season if Arendelle still is covered with snow. Glinda could be banished to that realm. But probably not.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It remains unknown how exactly Regina performed light magic. If it was her love for Henry, Robin, both, or belief. The creators will probably explain that some time later.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'd be surprised if we ever saw or heard of Glinda ever again.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well A&E did say they would like to have Sunny Mabrey back so I wouldn't count it out.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote:
      It remains unknown how exactly Regina performed light magic. If it was her love for Henry, Robin, both, or belief. The creators will probably explain that some time later.

      Well, Henry and Hood did their best to convince Regina she's able to perfom light magic. Regina started to use light magic right after Hood got hold of her heart removing it from the time travelling spell. At least, that's what I saw. I watched the episode  quite often and I had the feeling that Hood removing the heart from Zelena's sphere of influence was the one thing that gave her enough strength to  finally believe in herself and accomplish the task. More than words could do (back in the hospital, Regina was very doubtful) the fact that someone's actually got her back gave her the push she needed.

      Love helped Regina to believe in herself. Love was the trigger and believe the key to stop Zelena.

      Actually, quite similiar to breaking the first Dark Curse. Only after realizing she was about to loose a loved one Emma believed that a curse actually existed, no matter how many times someone had tried to convince her using words only. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • First off: Regina was teaching magic to Emma. Not dark magic, simply magic. Some spells are certainly dark, but I don't think basic survival magic can be classified as such. I don't think that kind of spells are aligned.

      Second, Zelena owning Regina's heart didn't hinder her use of magic, as she herself said she protected her heart from being used to control her. I think she simply needed to believe in herself, in the good within her. Don't forget that while Season 3b's underlying theme was "home", that of Season 3 as a whole was "believe", so she was able to use light magic when she started to believe she could be good.

      As for Glinda, I think Zelena's spelle cut her off the map. It could have been reversed after Zelena's death, but that was after the Curse, so Glinda might either be free in the Enchanted Forest, or have returned to Oz. We also have to consider that Zelena apparently sent her there through a simple spelle, while we know that achieving realm travel is very difficult: perhaps that was a dimension within the Enchanted Forest which had its own rules due to Zelena's spell and could not be hit by the Curse.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Poor Glinda is still stuck in her pocket dimension

      They didn't rescue her after after she helped them

      Snow White and Prince Charming are such assholes sometimes :/

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • 8Rob wrote:
      Poor Glinda is still stuck in her pocket dimension

      They didn't rescue her after after she helped them

      Snow White and Prince Charming are such assholes sometimes :/

      Well, the real question is why didn't she leave? Apparently she put herself there because why would Zelena only allow pure hearts to go through the door?

      Shady, shady Glinda.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think she's still in her pocket dimension. It counts as a "separate world", so I don't think the Curse took her unless Snow specifically wanted it. Remember, Regina could bring whomever she wanted. And I doubt Snow was thinking about the woman they'd just met while watching her husband come back from the dead.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I think she's still in her pocket dimension. It counts as a "separate world", so I don't think the Curse took her unless Snow specifically wanted it. Remember, Regina could bring whomever she wanted. And I doubt Snow was thinking about the woman they'd just met while watching her husband come back from the dead.

      Yeah, after she was banished. I think she set up shop, went to the Apprentice to buy a door. Then put at the edge of the Dark Forest that noone goes near. Puts up a protection spell and go on Vacation. Could have went back to Oz, but Zelena was there.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I think she's still in her pocket dimension. It counts as a "separate world", so I don't think the Curse took her unless Snow specifically wanted it. Remember, Regina could bring whomever she wanted. And I doubt Snow was thinking about the woman they'd just met while watching her husband come back from the dead.
      Yeah, after she was banished. I think she set up shop, went to the Apprentice to buy a door. Then put at the edge of the Dark Forest that noone goes near. Puts up a protection spell and go on Vacation. Could have went back to Oz, but Zelena was there.

      Oh yeah... The Apprentice and Merlin had some weird Door fetish and we've seen them popping up since Wonderland and season 3. The Apprentice probably made it for her so Zelena would never come after her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Poor Glinda is still stuck in her pocket dimension

      They didn't rescue her after after she helped them

      Snow White and Prince Charming are such assholes sometimes :/

      Well, the real question is why didn't she leave? Apparently she put herself there because why would Zelena only allow pure hearts to go through the door?

      Shady, shady Glinda.

      If she can't leave through the door, then that means her heart isn't pure

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      I think she's still in her pocket dimension. It counts as a "separate world", so I don't think the Curse took her unless Snow specifically wanted it. Remember, Regina could bring whomever she wanted. And I doubt Snow was thinking about the woman they'd just met while watching her husband come back from the dead.
      Yeah, after she was banished. I think she set up shop, went to the Apprentice to buy a door. Then put at the edge of the Dark Forest that noone goes near. Puts up a protection spell and go on Vacation. Could have went back to Oz, but Zelena was there.
      Oh yeah... The Apprentice and Merlin had some weird Door fetish and we've seen them popping up since Wonderland and season 3. The Apprentice probably made it for her so Zelena would never come after her.

      I see it like this.

      Merlin: A young lady named....... blond of hair.... will come in need .... seek passage to another realm.

      Appren: Um, okay! Will do, sire.

      Here comes Glinda.

      Appren: I was expecting you...Emma?

      Glinda: No, I am Glinda, Sorceress of Oz.

      Appren: Yes, I know all about you (shifty eyes). I can give you want you seek. *poofs in a door*

      Glinda: How can I use that?

      Appren: The door will guide you..........I'd best be on my way. If I were you, I'd seek cover before the dragon witch comes through.

      Glinda: Ahhhhh!

      Then here comes Ingrid,

      Appren: I was expecting you. Um, here's a door. Bye!

      Then Emma becomes Dark One.

      Hook: We seek passage to another realm for Emma, my blond, prickly love.

      Apprentice thinks : CRAP!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eskaver wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Poor Glinda is still stuck in her pocket dimension

      They didn't rescue her after after she helped them

      Snow White and Prince Charming are such assholes sometimes :/

      Well, the real question is why didn't she leave? Apparently she put herself there because why would Zelena only allow pure hearts to go through the door?

      Shady, shady Glinda.

      Maybe the pure heart thing stemmed from Zelena's belief that no one at all really has a pure heart. She certainly saw Glinda as a "villain" for, apparently, trying and replace her with Dorothy, and from what her life has been she obviously thinks no one is really good – indeed, when she needed a pure creature she went for a newborn.

      Too bad for her that the EF pure heart bar is very low, given the circumstances.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GothicNarcissus wrote:
      Eskaver wrote:
      8Rob wrote:
      Poor Glinda is still stuck in her pocket dimension

      They didn't rescue her after after she helped them

      Snow White and Prince Charming are such assholes sometimes :/

      Well, the real question is why didn't she leave? Apparently she put herself there because why would Zelena only allow pure hearts to go through the door?

      Shady, shady Glinda.

      Maybe the pure heart thing stemmed from Zelena's belief that no one at all really has a pure heart. She certainly saw Glinda as a "villain" for, apparently, trying and replace her with Dorothy, and from what her life has been she obviously thinks no one is really good – indeed, when she needed a pure creature she went for a newborn.

      Too bad for her that the EF pure heart bar is very low, given the circumstances.

      Yep. Kidnappers are now considered pure of heart.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby Red Hood wrote: Well A&E did say they would like to have Sunny Mabrey back so I wouldn't count it out.

      Source?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Everthevillain wrote:

      Ruby Red Hood wrote: Well A&E did say they would like to have Sunny Mabrey back so I wouldn't count it out.

      Source?

      They always say they want everyone back.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Edward Zachary Sunrose wrote:
      Everthevillain wrote:

      Ruby Red Hood wrote: Well A&E did say they would like to have Sunny Mabrey back so I wouldn't count it out.

      Source?
      They always say they want everyone back.

      Hahahaha here you're right

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe Glinda chooses to stay there? Honestly, it's obvious they put her there as a reference to the character being the Good Witch of the North instead of the South, in the MGM movie. 

      I really want to see her again.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.