FANDOM


  • The 3x16 synopsis mentions the Wizard, and our favorite pick Frankenstein isn't on the cast list, but Walsh is...

    Could he be The Wizard of Oz? Or maybe the BF or the Woodsman? O_O

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Naaaaah I don't think ^^ Look, when they announced Ursula; they wanted we think it was Regina, so they did not put Yvette Nicole Brown's name on the press release :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      Naaaaah I don't think ^^ Look, when they announced Ursula; they wanted we think it was Regina, so they did not put Yvette Nicole Brown's name on the press release :)

      Hmm, valid point...

      Does make you wonder though! Can't wait to find out :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It might be a case where they just haven't credited the actor. They did it already with Meghan Ory's minor appearance as Red in 312..

      Or he might be CGI, or we may never actually see him, etc XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe, it is the kind of spirit XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • According to the Canadian Promo, Rumple is advising young Zelena so it could be him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So Zelena asks the WIZARD to send her to the EF. You're saying she asks Rumple to send her to confront Rumple's new student? -.-

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • maybe not then

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      So Zelena asks the WIZARD to send her to the EF. You're saying she asks Rumple to send her to confront Rumple's new student? -.-


      Actually, that totally seems like something Rumple would agree to...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I see the Blue Fairy is in this episode.  That always makes me feel blah.  I'm quite over her character.  Love the actress, though.

      Walsh as the Wizard...hmmmmm.  I'm sure it's possible.  It could be CGI, though.  Just a floating head.  I hope it's a real person, though. This synopsis is mucking up most of the previously shared theories, it appears.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Could the Blue Fairy be the Wizard?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ^ i say this very respectfully: i sure hope not. 

      i also saw that there is a "WIFE" cast for this episode.  i wonder...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Or the Wife of the Woodsman :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ruby ridinghood wrote:
      Could the Blue Fairy be the Wizard?


      I guess technically anyone could be the Wizard.  But so much of the original story must change if it is her.  When did she go and get trapped in Oz?  Blue Fairy is from the EF.  Dorothy comes from the same land as the Wizard.  So does Dorothy now come from the EF also? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • He could be the wizard. I don't know. Not much information was said by him, that gave insight to other identities he could have. He owned a furniture store and dated Emma 8 months prior to when he proposed. It meant that 4 months in that past year, he was in the LWM. It remains unknown if he was always Zelena's flying monkey, or if he was once someone else. If he is in the fact, the wizard, I have a feeling that Zelena threatened him, and made him become a flying monkey, in exchange for not exploiting his fraudulance to Oz. He also said something to Emma, before he turned into a flying monkey, about actually kind of liking her. Meaning that he could have liked others (Maybe even Dorothy, Rapunzel, and/or Zelena), before meeting Emma.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We know Walsh is connected to Rapunzel...but how is still unresolved as of yet.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarlingDavies wrote:
      We know Walsh is connected to Rapunzel...but how is still unresolved as of yet.

      Do you have a source for that? Please? I know they said it but not remember when ^^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We'd have to search all old posts and google old interviews to find a source.  If you find it, cool.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Raelizflo
      Raelizflo removed this reply because:
      Corrections.
      19:59, March 31, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • I just saw some photos from the episode posted in another discussion and the woodsman and his wife are most probably Zelena's foster parents since Zelena is seen as a poor peasant when she met Rumple. Probably Walsh was Zelena's love interest and when she learned magic she turned him into a flying monkey.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely, although we can't rule out anything based on the press release, as they don't have to put everyone credited for the episode in it, so as not to spoil things. The better question is are we going to see the actual wizard, because in the book (and the 1939 movie) the wizard hides behind avatars when meeting with people (specifically a giant head, a beautiful woman, a many limbed monster, and a ball of fire), of course he still talked to people in these forms, so someone will at least need to provide a voice for the character.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely, although we can't rule out anything based on the press release, as they don't have to put everyone credited for the episode in it, so as not to spoil things. The better question is are we going to see the actual wizard, because in the book (and the 1939 movie) the wizard hides behind avatars when meeting with people (specifically a giant head, a beautiful woman, a many limbed monster, and a ball of fire), of course he still talked to people in these forms, so someone will at least need to provide a voice for the character.

      #StillholdingouthopeitsFrankenstein

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely

      Walsh is just a flying monkey... the same one who attacked Regina in the EF.
      I see zero evidence to think he might be the wizard.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Stonicus wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely
      Walsh is just a flying monkey... the same one who attacked Regina in the EF.
      I see zero evidence to think he might be the wizard.

      >We've seen people get turned into flying monkeys

      >We know the wizard appears in flashback

      >Logical conclusion is he could easily have become a flying monkey after being the wizard.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lady Junky wrote:
      DarlingDavies wrote:
      We know Walsh is connected to Rapunzel...but how is still unresolved as of yet.
      Do you have a source for that? Please? I know they said it but not remember when ^^


      Adam confirmed on Twitter that was just a rumor, about being connected to Rapunzel.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      Stonicus wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely
      Walsh is just a flying monkey... the same one who attacked Regina in the EF.
      I see zero evidence to think he might be the wizard.
      >We've seen people get turned into flying monkeys

      >We know the wizard appears in flashback

      >Logical conclusion is he could easily have become a flying monkey after being the wizard.

      This may be pedantic, but we've seen one person, not people, turn into a monkey.

      • edit* - I meant Little John being converted to one... technically, Walsh did transform into one, but we don't know which of the two forms (Monkey/Walsh) is the original.

      Wizard is in a flashback... what's that got to do with Walsh?  We've seen like 7 minutes screen time total of Walsh, and not one thing had anything to do with the classic story of the Wizard.

      Yes, it is logical that the Wizard *could* be turned into a flying monkey.  It's also logical any living person in the universe could be turned into a flying monkey.  I see no more evidence that Walsh is the Wizard than I do that Belle is the wizard.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Stonicus wrote:
      Arctucrus wrote:
      Stonicus wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      At this point Walsh being the Wizard is looking more likely
      Walsh is just a flying monkey... the same one who attacked Regina in the EF.
      I see zero evidence to think he might be the wizard.
      >We've seen people get turned into flying monkeys

      >We know the wizard appears in flashback

      >Logical conclusion is he could easily have become a flying monkey after being the wizard.

      This may be pedantic, but we've seen one person, not people, turn into a monkey.
      • edit* - I meant Little John being converted to one... technically, Walsh did transform into one, but we don't know which of the two forms (Monkey/Walsh) is the original.

      Wizard is in a flashback... what's that got to do with Walsh?  We've seen like 7 minutes screen time total of Walsh, and not one thing had anything to do with the classic story of the Wizard.

      Yes, it is logical that the Wizard *could* be turned into a flying monkey.  It's also logical any living person in the universe could be turned into a flying monkey.  I see no more evidence that Walsh is the Wizard than I do that Belle is the wizard.

      I think you don't understand why I think Walsh is looking more likely to be the Wizard. I'll break it down for you: the press release lists who is appearing in this episode (or most people, there have been exceptions), the main cast (Snow, Emma, Regina, Charming, Belle, Hook, Neal, Henry, and Rumple) is always listed whether they appear or not, but we know the only one of them who had any chance of being the Wizard was Rumple and based on the way the plot summary is written, it seems to imply it is not him. So we have to look to the guest stars in the episode: Blue Fairy, Granny, Zelena, Doc, Sneezy, Walsh, Robin Hood, Tinkerbell, Woodsman, and Wife. Zelena obviously can't be the Wizard as she is already WWW in Oz; Blue, Granny, Doc, Sneezy, Robin, and Tink all don't make sense as the Wizard and are probably only appearing in the SB part of the episode anyway. Woodsman and Wife are probably minor Oz or SB characters, so it is unlikely they are the Wizard. That leaves Walsh. Walsh turned back into a monkey, so him being a human in modern day SB is unlikely as Emma would recognize him and he's much more useful to Zelena in his monkey form anyway. So why would Walsh be appearing in human form in this episode? Probably because he's a human in Oz during the flashback. And which character is confirmed to appear in the flashback that we haven't seen yet? The Wizard. So by process of elimination, Walsh is the Wizard of Oz. Presumably in the flashback we will see Zelena curse him or something, but the cost of that magic will likely turn her green. Because (say it with me now): All magic comes at a price.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • "We know the Wizard appears in a flashback" as in he already has appeared in a flashback, or he is going to appear in a flashback?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Walsh is the wizard. I had that theory before I say this. He could have been the wizard and then something happened, that turned him into a monkey. Like Zelena could've overpowered him, took over Oz and made him her servant. Since he seems to be quite loyal to her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Amdonceuponatimer wrote:
      "We know the Wizard appears in a flashback" as in he already has appeared in a flashback, or he is going to appear in a flashback?

      Arc is refering to this upcoming Sunday's episode "It's Not Easy Being Green". In the press release it is stated Zelena meets with the Wizard in the flashback.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I can see the logic of Walsh being the wizard.  But, I would also say be cautious of dismissing apparantly 'random' characters, because the writers on this show are actually better than some give them credit.  Sometimes the littlest things in one episode result in larger stories down the road. For example, in Season 1, Regina casually comments along the lines of 'What was so special about Talahassee?', and in Season 2, we find out that it has to do with Emma and Neal (and eventually Henry). I don't think it was an accident, any more than it was an accident that Henry's book flipped open to a page with flying monkeys in the Pilot. There is ususally nothing that is of random and little importance.

      There may be more significance to the Woodsman than meets the eye (just as there was more to Walsh than was readily obvious.  We all suspected, but quite honestly, him turning into a Flying Monkey was a bit of a eye-opener). And I could make an argument that Lumiere is the Wizard. (One of shots of the witch-fight at the Storybrooke corral had an actor in the background that looked like it could have been the same actor that portrayed Lumiere), given that the CGI animation for him bore a striking resemblence to the wizard's resemblence in OZ.

      In any case, I am excited to see where all of this takes us.  The writers are crafting a fine tale this time around.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • My money is on the candle stick to be the Wizard (yeah, I'm horrible and can't remember his name).  He had awfully good control of his form when he went up against the Wicked Witch and Bell did manage to save him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      I can see the logic of Walsh being the wizard.  But, I would also say be cautious of dismissing apparantly 'random' characters, because the writers on this show are actually better than some give them credit.  Sometimes the littlest things in one episode result in larger stories down the road. For example, in Season 1, Regina casually comments along the lines of 'What was so special about Talahassee?', and in Season 2, we find out that it has to do with Emma and Neal (and eventually Henry). I don't think it was an accident, any more than it was an accident that Henry's book flipped open to a page with flying monkeys in the Pilot. There is ususally nothing that is of random and little importance.

      There may be more significance to the Woodsman than meets the eye (just as there was more to Walsh than was readily obvious.  We all suspected, but quite honestly, him turning into a Flying Monkey was a bit of a eye-opener). And I could make an argument that Lumiere is the Wizard. (One of shots of the witch-fight at the Storybrooke corral had an actor in the background that looked like it could have been the same actor that portrayed Lumiere), given that the CGI animation for him bore a striking resemblence to the wizard's resemblence in OZ.

      In any case, I am excited to see where all of this takes us.  The writers are crafting a fine tale this time around.

      If anyone would make sense in the grand sceme of things (and be crazy awesome) to be the Wizard, it would be Victor. Unfortunatly, he is not listed on the press release. So either they didn't list him on the press release because they didn't want people to think he was the Wizard, or they didn't list him on the press release because he's not in the episode, meaning he can't be the Wizard. To me it seems odd they wouldn't list him at all, when you could just think he's on there because he's in the SB part of the episode. I could even see him in a hospital scene with Regina, since we know she's getting thrown through the clock tower clock. On top of that, why would Walsh be in the episode if he's not the Wizard? Who else could he be?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If Whale/Victor was the Wizard, wouldn't he be familar with the flying monkeys? But he seemed just as confused as David during the hospital incident.

      I like the theory of Lumiere being the Wizard, he does seem to have that humbug and showman characteristic e.g. boasting about being in the castle for centuries only to be caught out by Belle. And he does have history with Zelena. Walsh doesn't seem to quite fit with what the traditional Wizard is portrayed as. I think he may be the King of the flying monkeys, which may explain his special status with Zelena. That may also explain his connection with Rapunzel - he was royalty before he was turned.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Toma Cre wrote:
      If Whale/Victor was the Wizard, wouldn't he be familar with the flying monkeys? But he seemed just as confused as David during the hospital incident.

      Good point!

      Toma Cre wrote:

      That may also explain his connection with Rapunzel - he was royalty before he was turned.

      Apparently that was confirmed to just have been a rumor by Adam on twitter.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Toma Cre wrote:
      If Whale/Victor was the Wizard, wouldn't he be familar with the flying monkeys? But he seemed just as confused as David during the hospital incident.


      Dr. Whale seemed freaked out when Little John turned into the monkey, but I don't think he seemed that confussed by it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think it's possible that Walsh could be the wizard, but maybe Walsh is there to manipulate Henry somehow? He works for Zelena. We all know that everyone cares a lot about Henry (most of them anyway), and he's one way to get some leverage, as he has been in the past. Henry also doesn't remember anything about Storybrooke or magic. If Walsh suddenly came to Storybrooke, to Henry he'll just be the father-figure-like guy that he really liked but his mom rejected. And I don't think at this point Emma is going to tell Henry about magic all of sudden, and explain to him that Walsh is actually a flying monkey working for the WWotW...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lel, was right

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Technically its not a character we've already seen, Walsh never had a enchanted forest counterpart we didn't know, so i'm really ok with Walsh being The wizard :D. I wonder how they are going to do dorthy though :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dosen't this make him more of an unwilling villain?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Legobatman3609 wrote:
      Technically its not a character we've already seen, Walsh never had a enchanted forest counterpart we didn't know, so i'm really ok with Walsh being The wizard :D. I wonder how they are going to do dorthy though :P

      Maybe Dorothy will be the Wizard's daughter who he had in Oz, maybe her mother will be Glinda, but it would also be interesting if her mother was Zelena 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I thought Zelena is Dorothy. I mean, she did get blown into Oz by a tornado, lived in a farmhouse with adoptive parents, followed the yellow brick road to see the Wizard, and is currently the owner of the magic slippers.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Huh, true. But doesn't anyone else think Walsh is more of an unwilling villain?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Toma Cre wrote:
      I thought Zelena is Dorothy. I mean, she did get blown into Oz by a tornado, lived in a farmhouse with adoptive parents, followed the yellow brick road to see the Wizard, and is currently the owner of the magic slippers.


      My thoughts also... Zelena is the OuaT version of Dorothy...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • KrazyDude1234
      KrazyDude1234 removed this reply because:
      I messed up, duh!
      04:52, April 30, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • KrazyDude1234
      KrazyDude1234 removed this reply because:
      I messed up, duh!
      04:53, April 30, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Stonicus wrote:
      Toma Cre wrote:
      I thought Zelena is Dorothy. I mean, she did get blown into Oz by a tornado, lived in a farmhouse with adoptive parents, followed the yellow brick road to see the Wizard, and is currently the owner of the magic slippers.

      My thoughts also... Zelena is the OuaT version of Dorothy...

      Wow, *facepalm* Just, no... I don't mean to be rude, but seriously? I really hope you don't actually believe this. Zelena is the Wicked Witch of the West... Aliases: Wicked, Green Witch, Wicked Witch of the West, Zelena... And just because she got blown into a tornade, doesn't mean she is Dorothy. Oz was blown into a tornado also, do you think he is Dorothy?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ya'll do know Dorothy's already iin the new episode, and goes up against Zelena, right?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarkNight18 wrote:
      Ya'll do know Dorothy's already iin the new episode, and goes up against Zelena, right?

      Well, they do now, but that was posted over 3 weeks ago, when it could have been a twist to the story, although I personally doubted it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • How about the promo that came out just after the last episode?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarkNight18 wrote:
      How about the promo that came out just after the last episode?

      That's my point, we know that now, but 3 weeks ago, we didn't even know if Dorothy was going to be shown at all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.