FANDOM


  • We know that Walsh is linked to both Emma and Rapunzel from a spoiler. What if, when her brother fell into the lake (oddly similar to a plot in Resurrection), he was scooped up by a flying monkey and bitten?

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • Falling into a lake? That's a coincidence. I can name dozens of movies/shows/real life events where that happens XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's so funny you say this theory, b/c I'm watching Resurrection on DVR right now.

      They could be related, which means that one of their parents had an extra marital affair.  I'm still banking on them being star-crossed lovers.  Rapunzel & Walsh, I mean.  We know the connection between Emma and Walsh by now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • How do we know that Walsh is coming back?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarlingDavies wrote:
      It's so funny you say this theory, b/c I'm watching Resurrection on DVR right now.

      They could be related, which means that one of their parents had an extra marital affair.  I'm still banking on them being star-crossed lovers.  Rapunzel & Walsh, I mean.  We know the connection between Emma and Walsh by now.

      This might sound crazy, but what if Rapunzel is not who she seems, what if she is in cohots with Zelena and she tricked David, that would be a twist

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:
      DarlingDavies wrote:
      It's so funny you say this theory, b/c I'm watching Resurrection on DVR right now.

      They could be related, which means that one of their parents had an extra marital affair.  I'm still banking on them being star-crossed lovers.  Rapunzel & Walsh, I mean.  We know the connection between Emma and Walsh by now.

      This might sound crazy, but what if Rapunzel is not who she seems, what if she is in cohots with Zelena and she tricked David, that would be a twist

      It wouldn't really be a twist, as I knew as soon as David talked to her, oops she's evil.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • That ain't possible. Rap uncle's brother is supposed to be black

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • FISHY FISHAYYY wrote: That ain't possible. Rap uncle's brother is supposed to be black

      Says who...?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • He could be adopted then...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Why does he have to be black?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      Why does he have to be black?

      Because Rapunzel and both of her parents have dark skin, so it would be odd if Walsh, who's light-skinned, was her brother.

      Personally, I think Walsh is just a flying monkey and he's not anyone else

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • QueenCeline wrote:
      Utter solitude wrote:
      Why does he have to be black?

      Personally, I think Walsh is just a flying monkey and he's not anyone else

      I think people are guessing Walsh had a back-story, pre-flying monkey, because we're learning that flying monkeys can be made, as it's happening in the current time-line in SB.  I'm board with thinking we've not seen the last of Walsh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Sorry, I don't see how two people of African heritage can have Caucasian son unless he is adopted.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm re-rading through the thread and assuming that those who think Walsh & Rapunzel are related, think that they're related by an extra marital affair, adoption or magic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's rare but not impossible. Assuming there is some white ancestry in either parent's lineage, the genes could have skipped one or more generations.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What if Walsh is Zelena's father and then he had an affair with Rapunzel's mother and Zelena kidnapped her and took her to Oz and she became the Wicked Witch of the East and then she put her in the tower and she tricked David into trusting her so she can betray him later, just a theory

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I had the same theory about Walsh being her brother while watching the episode... but now I'm not so sure anymore :/ But I kind of hope that it's true ...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Alphanugget
      Alphanugget removed this reply because:
      I decided to remove it.
      18:05, March 25, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • Off subject, I find it ironic that she has (or should I say had) an older brother in OUAT because in Into the Woods she had an older brother, although they never find this out, I always find it ironic that the prince from Snow White is the same prince from her story since in Into the Woods Rapunzel's prince cheated on her with Snow White

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'll have to google Into the Woods.  I'ver never seen it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Toma Cre wrote:
      It's rare but not impossible. Assuming there is some white ancestry in either parent's lineage, the genes could have skipped one or more generations.

      That's what I was thinking also. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • He doesn't have to be a blood brother.. Marriage is a thing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The reporter could have made a mistake, when he or she wrote, that Walsh would be connected to Rapunzel.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • QueenCeline wrote:

      Utter solitude wrote:
      Why does he have to be black?

      Because Rapunzel and both of her parents have dark skin, so it would be odd if Walsh, who's light-skinned, was her brother.

      Personally, I think Walsh is just a flying monkey and he's not anyone else

      Prince of Rascia wrote: Sorry, I don't see how two people of African heritage can have Caucasian son unless he is adopted.

      We're speaking about a world were dwarves hatch from eggs, people's hearts can be ripped out and they stay alive, dark warlocks hunt fairies and make them explode, vegetables are means of transport (portals tbh, as are mirrors and hats), shapshifting murderers can walk on water, a woman can be turned into a serpent and later into a magical staff, True Love can be bottled and put inside dragons (which are actually evil witches), monkeys can fly and magical tasers can kill a piece of wood. Do you guys really want to assume that in that world the logic of genetics can't be somehow altered?

      EDIT: I am not implying they might want to alter the laws of nature to have a white child. I am just showing that anything could happen.

      Besides, they could've adopted. We've seen kings adopting babies before in the show itself...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      We're speaking about a world were dwarves hatch from eggs, people's hearts can be ripped out and they stay alive, dark warlocks hunt fairies and make them explode, vegetables are means of transport (portals tbh, as are mirrors and hats), shapshifting murderers can walk on water, a woman can be turned into a serpent and later into a magical staff, True Love can be bottled and put inside dragons (which are actually evil witches), monkeys can fly and magical tasers can kill a piece of wood. Do you guys really want to assume that in that world the logic of genetics can't be somehow altered?

      Besides, they could've adopted. We've seen kings adopting babies before in the show itself...

      I agree with adopting thing, but it would be highly racist to show pair of black people altering their genes to get a white child. It doesn't have to happen deliberately but I can just imagine the salvo of accusations coming to writers' addresses.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • No, that is not what I meant, sorry if it sounded that way. I don't say they could've wanted to have a white child. What I mean is, "his parents are black" is no excuse for him not being Rapunzel's brother. There are many explanations possible.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:
      No, that is not what I meant, sorry if it sounded that way. I don't say they could've wanted to have a white child. What I mean is, "his parents are black" is no excuse for him not being Rapunzel's brother. There are many explanations possible.

      No, it didn't sound that way, but many people would see it that way ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    •   Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:

      Killian Jones wrote:

      We're speaking about a world were dwarves hatch from eggs, people's hearts can be ripped out and they stay alive, dark warlocks hunt fairies and make them explode, vegetables are means of transport (portals tbh, as are mirrors and hats), shapshifting murderers can walk on water, a woman can be turned into a serpent and later into a magical staff, True Love can be bottled and put inside dragons (which are actually evil witches), monkeys can fly and magical tasers can kill a piece of wood. Do you guys really want to assume that in that world the logic of genetics can't be somehow altered?

      Besides, they could've adopted. We've seen kings adopting babies before in the show itself...

      I agree with adopting thing, but it would be highly racist to show pair of black people altering their genes to get a white child. It doesn't have to happen deliberately but I can just imagine the salvo of accusations coming to writers' addresses.

      It would be highly offensive given their severe lack of POC characters. Then out of this small family, give the brother the biggest chunk of screentime and, oh yeah, go out of their way to make him white. People would be furious and rightly so.

      I'd love to see Rapunzel back and if she has connections to Walsh, I hope they occur because their paths intersect, not another familiar relation. That's becoming too common with this show. (How are they related to Henry would be the next question. :P)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • He could still be Rapunzel's love interest. Maybe True Love's Kiss can break whatever made him a flying monkey...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • LOL how can he be her brother if he's white...this would only work if they made Rapunzel's parents a mixed race couple (which they should have done from the start since Alexandra is mixed race)...than they could have made Walsh her older half brother.

      I think Lancelot is her brother...i hope they'll make him come back and idk make him some ones prince..

      I really really dont want them to make Rapunzel evil :c they make all black people evil or kill them off really fast 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.