FANDOM


  • The Hollywood Reporter recently released some new spoilers, for the second half. Biggest tidbit.... the Wicked Witch is named Zelena.

    So.... what is the history of the four witches of Oz? Why does Blackbeard want the Jolly Roger? What happened during the past year, in the Enchanted Forest?

    Some more spoilers, about the premiere, from Hypable .... enjoy!

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • *Squeal*

      There's some great new promo shots, too...:

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.636498043088951.1073741928.217276558344437&type=1

      Altogether, it looks like, for one, Christopher Gorham is a new love interest for Emma...

      As for the rest, can't wait! Feels really refreshing though to get a bunch of information like this. :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Those pictures are awesome! Hook at the restaurant, spying on Emma. Everyone crashing Prince Phillip's and Aurora's honeymoon. Hmmm, who has a secret .... Aurora and Phillip, or Robin Hood and the Merry Men?

      Why do I get a Tamara-2.0 vibe, off of Christopher Gorham's character?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Unless they have time travel I highly doubt that the once upon a time and Wonderland characters will make an appearance in once upon time.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, so many great spoilers, I enjoy them all. I still think Walsh is a winged monkey and as it seems a fake love interest for Emma. Interesting name for WW, Zelena is a Serbian word (omg I feel great) and means Green. I wonder where did they find it :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      Wow, so many great spoilers, I enjoy them all. I still think Walsh is a winged monkey and as it seems a fake love interest for Emma. Interesting name for WW, Zelena is a Serbian word (omg I feel great) and means Green. I wonder where did they find it :)

      It would be hilarious, if Walsh is really a winged monkey! Something tells me, everone is going to hate him, during the premiere.

      Not only in Serbian, but Bulgarian and several other Slavic languages. Should we be surprised, that the Wicked Witch's name means "green"? Though, Zelena is also Greek.... similar to Selena, which is the moon goddess.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmm. Zelena. Regina. Huh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Hearts wrote:
      Hmm. Zelena. Regina. Huh.

      If they are sisters, now we know why the Wicked Witch hates the Evil Queen.

      Regina was bred to be a queen, right down to her name. While Zelena has green skin, and a name to remind her of that deformity.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      It would be hilarious, if Walsh is really a winged monkey! Something tells me, everone is going to hate him, during the premiere.

      Not only in Serbian, but Bulgarian and several other Slavic languages. Should we be surprised, that the Wicked Witch's name means "green"? Though, Zelena is also Greek.... similar to Selena, which is the moon goddess.

      Yes you're right, the word can be find in several Slavic languages. It's a clever name imo, and also very beautiful (especially if they go with Slavic pronunciation). What' interesting, few weeks ago there was some poster on IMDB who wrote that her name was going to be Zelena, he also said Walsh was winged monkey and many other things about WWoW backstory but we were all like "nah, you're troll" and his post got deleted. What would I do now to see that post again lol He either had insider information or he is a great guesser. If I remember correctly, he said Zelena was Rumple's student, but don't take this seriously.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:

      What' interesting, few weeks ago there was some poster on IMDB who wrote that her name was going to be Zelena, he also said Walsh was winged monkey and many other things about WWoW backstory but we were all like "nah, you're troll" and his post got deleted. What would I do now to see that post again lol He either had insider information or he is a great guesser. If I remember correctly, he said Zelena was Rumple's student, but don't take this seriously.

      Really.... perhaps, that troll did have inside information?

      I would not be surprised, if the Wicked Witch was trained by Rumplestiltskin. Regina mentioned something, about the training possibily turning her skin green. Then there are those spoiler pictures, from 3.16, showing Zelena holding the Dark One's dagger. Hmmmm.... would that make Rumplestiltskin, the Wizard of Oz? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Really.... perhaps, that troll did have inside information?

      I would not be surprised, if the Wicked Witch was trained by Rumplestiltskin. Regina mentioned something, about the training possibily turning her skin green. Then there are those spoiler pictures, from 3.16, showing Zelena holding the Dark One's dagger. Hmmmm.... would that make Rumplestiltskin, the Wizard of Oz? 

      Too bad I can't remember everything he wrote, I thought it was a very good theory, nothing more. It is possible that the WWoW's name was the only thing he actually got right, but if Walsh turns out to be winged monkey, I will slap myself :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I had a hunch that if the witch is in fact Cora and Rumple's daughter her skin may be green because Cora broke the deal.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Hearts wrote:
      I had a hunch that if the witch is in fact Cora and Rumple's daughter her skin may be green because Cora broke the deal.

      It would make sense.

      Better Rumplestiltskin being Zelena's father, than Prince Leopold. *Shutters at the thought, of Leopold fathering a child with Cora*

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am so excited! They said 4 witches, so they might go deeper into Oz's history than we previously thought. And since they are keeping Glinda as the Good Witch of the South, I wonder who we'll get as the Good Witch of the North?

      Also, iconic friends is almost certainly Scarecrow, Tin woodman and the Cowardly Lion...but I wonder if they will be CG? I kind of hope so, as long as it's good CG.

      Zelena is a pretty good name. At least it's not Elphaba or Theodora.

      I'm getting so excited I'm going to hyperventilate...and we're still weeks away...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Saintfighteraqua wrote:
      And since they are keeping Glinda as the Good Witch of the South, I wonder who we'll get as the Good Witch of the North?

      I think, Eva was the Good of the North. She was the Princess of the Northern Kingdom, before she got married. 


      PS: I saw this hilarious post, about Walsh....

      Adam: Man, these shippers are killing me.

      Eddy: We should unite them! Love, not hate!

      Adam: I know! We'll give Emma ANOTHER love interest. They'll all hate him instead!

      Eddy: PERFECT. *picks up phone* Hey Chris, we have a role that's PERFECT for you....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      I think, Eva was the Good of the North. She was the Princess of the Northern Kingdom, before she got married. 

      Me too, not to mention that slippers were very important part of her story (Cora "ruining" them) and she also had red/ruby slippers at her own funeral. We should not forget that there were actually four wicked withes (each for every side of the world) and two good witches. So maybe four wicked witches are Zelena, Regina, Cora and Maleficent while two good witches are Glinda and Eva.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Perhaps they will really turn everything on our heads, now forgive me for getting excited and carried away but perhaps Cora isn't Regina's mother at all.

      Either Cora was already pregnant with Rumple's baby when she broke his deal and the deal breaking (or even the fact that Cora possessed no heart) turned the baby green. Cora sent the baby away disgusted and disappointed and bought a peasant baby to the palace (in secret obviously) and used the child as a cover and named her 'Regina'. Raising her to eventually become Queen.

      Hence making Zelena extremely jealous of Regina, not because they are sisters but because Regina unwittingly robbed her of a childhood with her Mother and Father.

      I would prefer this, than the sister route I think. Any thoughts? Is there a reason explained in the show why this couldn't work?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:
      Perhaps they will really turn everything on our heads, now forgive me for getting excited and carried away but perhaps Cora isn't Regina's mother at all.

      Either Cora was already pregnant with Rumple's baby when she broke his deal and the deal breaking (or even the fact that Cora possessed no heart) turned the baby green. Cora sent the baby away disgusted and disappointed and bought a peasant baby to the palace (in secret obviously) and used the child as a cover and named her 'Regina'. Raising her to eventually become Queen.

      Hence making Zelena extremely jealous of Regina, not because they are sisters but because Regina unwittingly robbed her of a childhood with her Mother and Father.

      I would prefer this, than the sister route I think. Any thoughts? Is there a reason explained in the show why this couldn't work?

      I like this.

      I don't like that I like this, but I like this. XD Interesting theory!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      Princess Alessandra wrote:
      Perhaps they will really turn everything on our heads, now forgive me for getting excited and carried away but perhaps Cora isn't Regina's mother at all.

      Either Cora was already pregnant with Rumple's baby when she broke his deal and the deal breaking (or even the fact that Cora possessed no heart) turned the baby green. Cora sent the baby away disgusted and disappointed and bought a peasant baby to the palace (in secret obviously) and used the child as a cover and named her 'Regina'. Raising her to eventually become Queen.

      Hence making Zelena extremely jealous of Regina, not because they are sisters but because Regina unwittingly robbed her of a childhood with her Mother and Father.

      I would prefer this, than the sister route I think. Any thoughts? Is there a reason explained in the show why this couldn't work?

      I like this.

      I don't like that I like this, but I like this. XD Interesting theory!


      I just think it would give an interesting spin that we don't expect, since everyone seems to be going with the sister-route. I don't want Regina to have to destroy her own sister, and I really don't want Zelena to all of a sudden change her ways and repent, basically I want Wicked to stay Wicked.

      Plus, as I am a Regina fan. I want her to be able to let go of her terrible childhood, truly repent of her evil ways and find happiness wth Robin Hood. I think knowing that Cora wasn't her Mother after all would ease something inside her and...a new storyline opens up. The search for Regina's real Mother?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:

      I don't want Regina to have to destroy her own sister, and I really don't want Zelena to all of a sudden change her ways and repent, basically I want Wicked to stay Wicked.

      It seems the Wicked Witch is literally green with envy, in regards to the Evil Queen. I want Zelena's jealousy, of Regina, to be her undoing. Something along the lines of what Hook said, last season. Vengeance is an end.... not a beginning. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Princess Alessandra wrote:

      I don't want Regina to have to destroy her own sister, and I really don't want Zelena to all of a sudden change her ways and repent, basically I want Wicked to stay Wicked.

      It seems the Wicked Witch is literally green with envy, in regards to the Evil Queen. I want Zelena's jealousy, of Regina, to be her undoing. Something along the lines of what Hook said, last season. Vengeance is an end.... not a beginning. 

      What if Zelena is Maleficent's sister and wants revenge for what Regina did to her?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote:

      What if Zelena is Maleficent's sister and wants revenge for what Regina did to her?


      Originally, I thought that could be true, but writers already stated that we will find out who Zelena's parents were. We don't know who Maleficent's parents were, so...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:

      We don't know who Maleficent's parents were, so...

      Maleficent might not even be human.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Maleficent might not even be human.

      I prefer that over her being Regina/Cora like witch. Maybe an evil fairy as in the original story or a dragon who is able to take human form.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Maleficent might not even be human.

      I prefer that over her being Regina/Cora like witch. Maybe an evil fairy as in the original story or a dragon who is able to take human form.

      THAT WOULD BE COOL.

      You always have the shapeshifting human in stories, but what about the shapeshifting dragon? It already sounds sooooo much more badass. Lovin' it, nice thinking :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:

      but what about the shapeshifting dragon?

      Really.... never hear about it, huh? If I understand correctly, Asian Dragons possess the ability to transform into humans.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Arctucrus wrote:

      but what about the shapeshifting dragon?

      Really.... never hear about it, huh? If I understand correctly, Asian Dragons possess the ability to transform into humans.

      Never heard that before ._.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eastern mythology is almost always better than Western mythology. Especially dragons.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • They should end this season with someone dropping lake nostos water on Maleficent's ashes bringing her back to life, maybe the WWotW, if they were to go the sister route.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Budloopy4 wrote:
      They should end this season with someone dropping lake nostos water on Maleficent's ashes bringing her back to life, maybe the WWotW, if they were to go the sister route.

      Not gonna lie, something like that would be very, very interesting. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Arctucrus wrote:

      but what about the shapeshifting dragon?

      Really.... never hear about it, huh? If I understand correctly, Asian Dragons possess the ability to transform into humans.
      Never heard that before ._.

      Really? I'm suprised! Many stories have dragons or other monsters take on human forms as a disguise. Also, wasn't The Dragon in season two implied to be a dragon that was in human form and was attempting to change form when Tamara killed him? That being said however, I don't think Malificent is a dragon, I think she's either a human with shapeshifting powers (possibly from the horned crown she wears as she has it in all her forms, well it turns into actual horns as a dragon but still) or just a shapeshifting entity that is not human.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel really dumb right now x.x

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have a questione. The creators mentioned they left a few clues pointing to Oz throughout the series, one of which is obviously Regina saying “I don't care if they turn me green” to Mr. Gold, referring to the spells in Cora's book. Given Regina and Zelena seem to have quite a history together and she was pretty obviously referring to her, should it count as a mention for the Wicked Witch in the episode appearance template?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would definitely say that flying monkeys should say "mentioned" for the pilot, because they were in the storybook, but I don't know about that, until we absolutely know she was referencing her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Budloopy4 wrote:
      I would definitely say that flying monkeys should say "mentioned" for the pilot, because they were in the storybook, but I don't know about that, until we absolutely know she was referencing her.

      We have a page for flying monkeys already? O_O

      Either way, if we don't we should, and if we do, I agree!

      As for that mention on Zelena...Imma say no, I disagree. It's not a direct mention. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Er... No. We don't have a page for flying monkeys ^^ But I agree for the mention of these creatures. As for Zelena, yes it is implied Regina already knows her, but that's not a mention :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Zelena means green in Bulgarian too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Or what if Regina was Dorothy?  Back when she was a teenager, she was good, so it's not such a character contradiction.  And if Regina killed Zelena's sister (even if only by accident, as in Wizard of Oz), that would be the perfect motive for Zelena to "take everything away" from Regina.  The theme for revenge in the series seems to be over loss of a loved one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • After reading that article about Zelena being Snow's midwife (and probably wanting to steal her baby), does anyone think she could be King George's wife? And maybe Cora is the one who made her not be able to concieve? Obviously, at some point between her getting baby James from Rumple and James dying she got sent to Oz (although George may think she died). Thus she has reasons to hate Snow, Charming, and Regina, and also any allies of theirs, for getting things she wants (children, power, happiness, etc.) and also for disgracing George, impersonating James, etc. It all fits rather nicely.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      After reading that article about Zelena being Snow's midwife (and probably wanting to steal her baby), does anyone think she could be King George's wife? And maybe Cora is the one who made her not be able to concieve? Obviously, at some point between her getting baby James from Rumple and James dying she got sent to Oz (although George may think she died). Thus she has reasons to hate Snow, Charming, and Regina, and also any allies of theirs, for getting things she wants (children, power, happiness, etc.) and also for disgracing George, impersonating James, etc. It all fits rather nicely.

      While I doubt it, it's a very, very nice theory.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I have one more theory, what if Pan was the one who finished teaching Zelena magic? It would explain why her magic is green instead of purple, Pan's dark curse was green instead of purple. Maybe he found out that Rumplestiltskin started to teach Zelena magic but then tossed her aside for Regina so he decided to finish teaching her magic so he could use her as a back up plan in case his plans failed.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote: I have one more theory, what if Pan was the one who finished teaching Zelena magic? It would explain why her magic is green instead of purple, Pan's dark curse was green instead of purple. Maybe he found out that Rumplestiltskin started to teach Zelena magic but then tossed her aside for Regina so he decided to finish teaching her magic so he could use her as a back up plan in case his plans failed.

      While it's a pretty good theory considering the fact that the writers said they would like to bring Peter Pan in falshbacks back, I doubt it. Peter Pan's main plan was to get the heart not to cast another curse, the curse was a back up plan seeing that his first pan failed , I think it's not likely for peter pan to have a connection with Zelena

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Crazypink wrote:

      YayMona wrote: I have one more theory, what if Pan was the one who finished teaching Zelena magic? It would explain why her magic is green instead of purple, Pan's dark curse was green instead of purple. Maybe he found out that Rumplestiltskin started to teach Zelena magic but then tossed her aside for Regina so he decided to finish teaching her magic so he could use her as a back up plan in case his plans failed.

      While it's a pretty good theory considering the fact that the writers said they would like to bring Peter Pan in falshbacks back, I doubt it. Peter Pan's main plan was to get the heart not to cast another curse, the curse was a back up plan seeing that his first pan failed , I think it's not likely for peter pan to have a connection with Zelena

      Pan seems to be the type to have more than one back up plan.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote:

      Crazypink wrote:

      YayMona wrote: I have one more theory, what if Pan was the one who finished teaching Zelena magic? It would explain why her magic is green instead of purple, Pan's dark curse was green instead of purple. Maybe he found out that Rumplestiltskin started to teach Zelena magic but then tossed her aside for Regina so he decided to finish teaching her magic so he could use her as a back up plan in case his plans failed.

      While it's a pretty good theory considering the fact that the writers said they would like to bring Peter Pan in falshbacks back, I doubt it. Peter Pan's main plan was to get the heart not to cast another curse, the curse was a back up plan seeing that his first pan failed , I think it's not likely for peter pan to have a connection with Zelena
      Pan seems to be the type to have more than one back up plan.

      I don't think Zelena is Peter Pan's back up plan. If she would, why does she have Rumple brought back instead of Peter? Peter's original plan was to live forever, remember...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dr. Kangaroo wrote:

      YayMona wrote:

      Crazypink wrote:

      YayMona wrote: I have one more theory, what if Pan was the one who finished teaching Zelena magic? It would explain why her magic is green instead of purple, Pan's dark curse was green instead of purple. Maybe he found out that Rumplestiltskin started to teach Zelena magic but then tossed her aside for Regina so he decided to finish teaching her magic so he could use her as a back up plan in case his plans failed.

      While it's a pretty good theory considering the fact that the writers said they would like to bring Peter Pan in falshbacks back, I doubt it. Peter Pan's main plan was to get the heart not to cast another curse, the curse was a back up plan seeing that his first pan failed , I think it's not likely for peter pan to have a connection with Zelena
      Pan seems to be the type to have more than one back up plan.

      I don't think Zelena is Peter Pan's back up plan. If she would, why does she have Rumple brought back instead of Peter? Peter's original plan was to live forever, remember...

      She just seems to be pretty well adept in magic for someone that Rumple just tossed aside so that's why I'm thinking that someone might have continued teaching her after Rumple left.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Perhaps, after learning from rumple, in oz, she was taught all the types of magic from oz by Glinda. Also, I'm curious to see if Aurora and Philip are in Storybrooke, or if there little "agreement" with the WWoW kept them in the EF. we know she would have already ha her child during the missing year.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Budloopy4 wrote:
      we know she would have already ha her child during the missing year.

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

      Oh, please no. Though I won't be surprised if that happens to be true.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

      Oh, please no. Though I won't be surprised if that happens to be true.

      I never stated, that I wanted it to be true.... it is just a huge possibility. Especially when you consider, that one of Henry's relatives will (probaby) be getting married, in the season finale. The spoiler mentioned, that the family tree would grow by two spots. One of those spots, has already been taken by Zelena.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • No , the child to be actually the aurora / philip child? Hell, noo. I don't think they will do it, I think the other spot might be the unborn snowing baby

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Prince of Rascia wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

      Oh, please no. Though I won't be surprised if that happens to be true.
      I never stated, that I wanted it to be true.... it is just a huge possibility.

      Didn't they say there wouldn't be a freaky baby switcheroo too?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Prince of Rascia wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

      Oh, please no. Though I won't be surprised if that happens to be true.
      I never stated, that I wanted it to be true.... it is just a huge possibility.
      Didn't they say there wouldn't be a freaky baby switcheroo too?

      i think they just said  that snow's and aurora's babies would be connected somehow.

      EDIT

      you're right

      found the article:http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Witch-Rebecca-Mader-1075531.aspx?rss=breakingnews

      "The baby will have a connection to the impending progeny of Sleeping Beauty (Sarah Bolger) and Prince Phillip (Julian Morris), though producers promise there won't be a soap opera-like baby switch. "

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Kncooper wrote:

      Arctucrus wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Prince of Rascia wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      Unless, the Wicked Witch stole Aurora's fetus, and implanted it into Snow White.

      Oh, please no. Though I won't be surprised if that happens to be true.
      I never stated, that I wanted it to be true.... it is just a huge possibility.
      Didn't they say there wouldn't be a freaky baby switcheroo too?

      i think they just said  that snow's and aurora's babies would be connected somehow.

      EDIT

      you're right

      found the article:http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upon-Time-Witch-Rebecca-Mader-1075531.aspx?rss=breakingnews

      "The baby will have a connection to the impending progeny of Sleeping Beauty (Sarah Bolger) and Prince Phillip (Julian Morris), though producers promise there won't be a soap opera-like baby switch. "

      Thank God, I don't think I could put up with a baby switch

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.