FANDOM


  • On Monday, TV Guide will be releasing a first look at Rapunzel. 

    Are you excited to see Alexandra Metz, as OUaT's newest princess?

    Update: Here is a larger version, of the picture!

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am! And I am even more excited to see how Charming and Christopher Gorham will fit into Rapunzel's storyline! :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Should be great!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It's right here . 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      It's right here . 

      Hmmm.... not the best costume, but not the worst. Though, that shade of yellow looks lovely, against Alexandra Metz's skintone.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Her costume looks oriental a little bit. But I wonder is this really Prince Charming or his brother James?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Awesomeee love how she looks! i read some where she was biraciel xD ill hope they'll use the whol;e sun-oriented story from Tangled and have a mixed race couple playing her parents o.o 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      Her costume looks oriental a little bit. But I wonder is this really Prince Charming or his brother James?

      It is Prince Charming

      Also, love how the wig looks so real and is brown. I think it is great that they won't have a blonde rapunzel.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Looks good to me haha :P Can't wait!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Levi.goodliff wrote:
      Awesomeee love how she looks! i read some where she was biraciel xD ill hope they'll use the whol;e sun-oriented story from Tangled and have a mixed race couple playing her parents o.o 

      Eddy and Adam said, "We're not doing Tangled, we're doing our spin on the character."

      It sounds like OUaT, is going back to the darker roots, of the original fairytale.... while still putting a modern, The Grudge-esque twist.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Any ideas on how they will incorporate this The Grudge like twist?? 

      I would imagine that the original witch that Rapunzel's Father stole from in Rapunzel is the WWotW. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:
      Any ideas on how they will incorporate this The Grudge like twist?? 

      I would imagine through the lighting, and camera shots.

      I would imagine that the original witch that Rapunzel's Father stole from in Rapunzel is the WWotW. 

      Probably.... I wonder if the Wicked Witch of the West is going to cut Rapunzel's hair, to use for her new curse?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah i know theyre not going to do Tangled. i jsut hope they keep likea few hints...like have her have the same hobbys like painting or idk also have a pet lizard...would be cute to see little nods...when the story is nothing like Tangled..

      But i would have loved to see a real life action ninja Rapunzel xD like in the movie

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Perhaps WWoW killed her whole family and their ghosts won't let Rapunzel go? Or she has to grow her hair to keep her parents alive. Once she cuts it, they are dead. Or maybe she keeps her hair growing as a reminder for how many years she spent locked in the tower and she also plans to strangle the Wicked Witch with her hair, as an act of revenge :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      It's right here . 

      In a way she kind of looks like Jasmine

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She looks good, but I hope there is a plot related reason as to why they did a non-blonde Rapunzel. Casting different races/hair color/etc. just because they can takes away from the original work, and just makes them look desperate to show diversity. It also makes it seem like Europe is the only continent that has stories worth telling, when Asia and Africa both have many wonderful fantasy stories.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      She looks good, but I hope there is a plot related reason as to why they did a non-blonde Rapunzel. Casting different races/hair color/etc. just because they can takes away from the original work, and just makes them look desperate to show diversity. It also makes it seem like Europe is the only continent that has stories worth telling, when Asia and Africa both have many wonderful fantasy stories.

      Have you ever heard of the legend of Rudaba , the Persian origin of the Rapunzel fairytale?

      There is no reason to explain Rapunzel's haircolor, on the show. The iconography of the fairytale, is the hair's length.... not its color. Besides, Rudaba's hair was black.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      CoolDudeAl wrote:
      She looks good, but I hope there is a plot related reason as to why they did a non-blonde Rapunzel. Casting different races/hair color/etc. just because they can takes away from the original work, and just makes them look desperate to show diversity. It also makes it seem like Europe is the only continent that has stories worth telling, when Asia and Africa both have many wonderful fantasy stories.
      Have you ever heard of the legend of Rudaba , the Persian origin of the Rapunzel fairytale?

      There is no reason to explain Rapunzel's haircolor, on the show. The iconography of the fairytale, is the hair's length.... not its color. Besides, Rudaba's hair was black.

      Oh, well that's interesting, I wonder if Eddy and Adam are trying to reference this story, and that's why they wanted an African-American actress (with dark hair). It's starting to make sense now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, this is not adaptation of Rudaba story but Rapunzel. In the original Rapunzel fairytale it was described that she had golden hair. Since her hair length is iconic I would argue her hair color is iconic as well (especially since in every single adaptation of the story her hair is golden). Hiring an actress of African-American origins to portray the character who obviously has European origins kinda looks forced (cough Lancelot cough). Especially because, as CoolDudeAll said, there are many beautiful Asian and African stories from which writers can use some characters. It's the same as if, for example, blond actress portrays Scheherazade.

      Anyway, I don't mind what twist they do here, I just expect it to be interesting and I hope they are not doing that just to show some diversity but because they have interesting ideas in mind.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      Hiring an actress of African-American origins to portray the character who obviously has European origins kinda looks forced (cough Lancelot cough). 

      Most people will not deny that OUaT's Lancelot, felt incredibly forced. Though, I found it was due to casting a weak actor, rather than the actor's race. Alaxandra Metz, on the other hand, is a talented actress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Simple. The whole business, about her hair being golden, or her being white, for that matter, has been passed, down wrong :) We all know, Once's stories are terribly, incorrect in "our" world.

      I wish they'd done more, with Lancelot. They didn't give, Sinqua much time to shine, and I think that's a big part, of people's issue with the character. He was there once, then cast aside.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, what ruined Lancelot character was also the hype. I remember when we learned that Lancelot was coming to OUaT they said he would have some history with Snow White so people were expecting to see them as former lovers and some were theorizing that he was her mentor. It was also said he would be linked with Emma and Henry. But instead, we got a Cora in disguise and another Snow White/Prince Charming flashback with Lancelot taking a role of a priest.

      To some extent, same things happened to Aurora and Mulan. A lot of fans, myself included, expected to see them taking a bigger part in the show but they were turned into decor. We haven't even seen their respective origin stories.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yep, I remember that about Lancelot. They ended up going in a different direction than they originally planned. Likely the same with Mulan and Aurora. At least, with the women, we know we'll see more of them. What sucks for Sinqua is he was actually told he'd be around longer than he was XD

      But honestly, I, personally, actually kind of enjoy not seeing all of everyone's backstory. It delights me to know that there's a whole wide, diverse world we're not seeing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • With a show like this, or any storytelling medium with a large ensemble cast (which most fanstasy and sci-fi fall into), you never get to know everything about everybody, at least not in the main work. Take Harry Potter for example, McGonagall was a pretty major character who was in the story from the very beginning, and yet we didn't even get her background until Pottermore. And I wouldn't count Lancelot out yet, we still haven't gotten any of the King Arthur tale, besides Lancelot in one episode, a fake Excaliber, and a mention of Merlin. And Adam and Eddy seem pretty confident we're getting a Season 4, so we still have plenty of time to see more of Lancelot, Mulan, Aurora, and any other character who hasen't been fleshed out yet. So until we have an actual end in sight, I think it's a bit premature to say we haven't seen enough of a character, for all we know they will get a major arc in the future.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ^^^^^Indeed. Who knows what Season 4 will bring.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Interesting thought I just had. What if the flashbacks of this episode occur during the missing year? Hmmm

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:

      But honestly, I, personally, actually kind of enjoy not seeing all of everyone's backstory. It delights me to know that there's a whole wide, diverse world we're not seeing.

      Same here.... leaving things up to the imagination of the audience, can be wonderful.

      Prince of Hearts wrote:
      Interesting thought I just had. What if the flashbacks of this episode occur during the missing year? Hmmm

      I would not be surprised, especially given Prince Charming's new outfit.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Utter solitude wrote:

      But honestly, I, personally, actually kind of enjoy not seeing all of everyone's backstory. It delights me to know that there's a whole wide, diverse world we're not seeing.

      Same here.... leaving things up to the imagination of the audience, can be wonderful.


      Prince of Hearts wrote:
      Interesting thought I just had. What if the flashbacks of this episode occur during the missing year? Hmmm
      I would not be surprised, especially given Prince Charming's new outfit.

      The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:

      The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      It is no different, than any other OUaT adaptation.

      All the stories are hundreds of years older, than their Enchanted Forest versions. One needs to forget about that "little" detail, and just enjoy the ride. OUaT is not supposed to "make sense". It is a loving homage, to classic childhood stories.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Anubis16 wrote:

      The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      It is no different, than any other OUaT adaptation.

      All the stories are hundreds of years older, than their Enchanted Forest versions. One needs to forget about that "little" detail, and just enjoy the ride. OUaT is not supposed to "make sense". It is a loving homage, to classic childhood stories.

      I know, but I'd still like to know how these stories got into our world, are these stories just twisted, mixed up visions of the future someone had years ago when these stories were written

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:
      ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Utter solitude wrote:

      But honestly, I, personally, actually kind of enjoy not seeing all of everyone's backstory. It delights me to know that there's a whole wide, diverse world we're not seeing.

      Same here.... leaving things up to the imagination of the audience, can be wonderful.


      Prince of Hearts wrote:
      Interesting thought I just had. What if the flashbacks of this episode occur during the missing year? Hmmm
      I would not be surprised, especially given Prince Charming's new outfit.
      The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      That doesn't mean anything. This has been discussed before, and the conclusion that is always reached is that it is something unimportant to the story and will never be explained. If you need an explaination, I liked Utter's, that writers in our world had prophicies of what was going to happen in the EF and wrote it down, although not completly correctly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Hearts wrote:
      Interesting thought I just had. What if the flashbacks of this episode occur during the missing year? Hmmm

      It is possible that actual Rapunzel story has never had a happy ending. I mean her prince never came and she spent all those years during and after the Curse in a tower. Something similar to Aurora's story.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:

      It is possible that actual Rapunzel story has never had a happy ending. I mean her prince never came and she spent all those years during and after the Curse in a tower. 

      I can see that happening.

      Perhaps, OUaT's Rapunzel does not have a love interest? Her "happily ever after", could just be her reunion with her parents.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The creators said they're putting a dark twist on the story,  have a theory about that; I think Rapunzel will be some kind of crazy serial killer in the Enchanted Forest, so they locked her in the tower, but she tricks her prince into helping her escape, but the prince of course does not know why she was imprionsed in the tower, I don't know how this could factor into the long hair though, a cool idea I thought was that Rapunzel is cursed to live forever and her hair is symbol of this and grows as long as she has been alive and can never be cut and her immortality eventually caused her to go crazy

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It would be nice if someone's happy ending, for a change, is not a love interest so I can definitely see that coming. I also like the theory about "darker" Rapunzel. She supposedly spent all her life in a tower so it is possible she kinda went mad. Another possibility is that the tower and her hair keep her alive, if she cuts the hair or leaves the tower she dies...and maybe she is locked there for a reason, as Anubis speculates. Since this is OUaT, I won't be surprised if it turns out that Rapunzel and the Witch from her story are the same person.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ugh i hope they dont make her the crazy evil person that is locked up in a tower -_- way to go once...make us happy with a black character and make that one (again) have evil intentions...they should have just included diffrend people with diffrend skin colours from the beginning, like idk have an african-american/asian/latno actor portray prince Charming or Phillip or Aurora or Tinkerbell or Little Red Riding Hood.. for all i care...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Allthough i like and think its creative the twist if she's evil too and thats the reason they locked her up i would love her to go good like Regina does xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      Well, what ruined Lancelot character was also the hype. I remember when we learned that Lancelot was coming to OUaT they said he would have some history with Snow White so people were expecting to see them as former lovers and some were theorizing that he was her mentor. It was also said he would be linked with Emma and Henry. But instead, we got a Cora in disguise and another Snow White/Prince Charming flashback with Lancelot taking a role of a priest.


      Actually I read in the Lightning Round with Adam and Eddy that we haven't seen the last of Lancelot and that fans shouldn't believe Cora because she's such a big fat lair (I'm paraphrasing)  It was a couple lightning rounds ago, they do change things a lot. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • After seeing her in costume, I'm surprisingly able to look past the black hair. I know they're not doing Tangled,  but the "golden hair" isn't really something that can be changed from the original tale. Then again, this show has changed a lot of things from the original tales, now hasn't it? Nevermind then. :/

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote: Actually I read in the Lightning Round with Adam and Eddy that we haven't seen the last of Lancelot and that fans shouldn't believe Cora because she's such a big fat lair (I'm paraphrasing)  It was a couple lightning rounds ago, they do change things a lot. 

      Yep, it was right after "Lady of the Lake".

      "Even though Cora (Barbara Hershey) says she killed Lancelot (Sinqua Walls), have we seen the last of him?
      Horowitz: No.
      Kitsis: Why does everyone just believe what Cora says? Not one person on the blogs have doubted Cora, as if she's the most trustworthy character that we have! She's not Snow White, for God's sake!"

      source

      There was also a false rumor last summer that Sinqua Walls was going to be doing something more with Lancelot, but Horowitz quickly shut it down XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think rapunzel looks beautiful. I was suprised at first when they announced she would be black, but ultimately I don't think her race or hair colour makes the slightest difference to the character, the only key element of her character from the story is that her hair is very very very long. I had, as a child, a book of fairytales showing rapunzel as a red head with thick curly hair  in a green dress and the rhyme was the same it just left the golden stair line out, in fact the only important and most well known line is rapunzel rapunzel let down your hair. Iwas an old book too so was not a modern re-telling. Also just a thought, Metz's Rapunzel's hair could actually glow golden when someone climbs it, or is being used in a magic way, sort of like in Tangled when her hair glows gold, that could be how they reference the film.

      I can't wait to see what they mean with the Grudge reference, maybe her hair has a sort of life of its own and attacks people? Anyway I think she looks great, I love the pretty simplicity of her costume.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Philrena wrote:
      I think rapunzel looks beautiful. I was suprised at first when they announced she would be black, but ultimately I don't think her race or hair colour makes the slightest difference to the character, the only key element of her character from the story is that her hair is very very very long. I had, as a child, a book of fairytales showing rapunzel as a red head with thick curly hair  in a green dress and the rhyme was the same it just left the golden stair line out, in fact the only important and most well known line is rapunzel rapunzel let down your hair. Iwas an old book too so was not a modern re-telling. Also just a thought, Metz's Rapunzel's hair could actually glow golden when someone climbs it, or is being used in a magic way, sort of like in Tangled when her hair glows gold, that could be how they reference the film.

      I can't wait to see what they mean with the Grudge reference, maybe her hair has a sort of life of its own and attacks people? Anyway I think she looks great, I love the pretty simplicity of her costume.  

      I know they said they weren't doing Tangled, but it would be cool if the name of the kingdom Rapunzel lives in is called Corona

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yees, i hoop they use little small hints ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Since they are referencing the grudge I think Rapunzel was locked in the tower because she was a vicious murderer or she was murdered in that tower by Mother Gothel and she haunts the tower and anyone who enters she tricks them into feeling bad for her until she kills them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I hope not...not again with another black (or ethic) character make them AGAIN a villain and/or kill them off soon ;l 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Eh, I think she's just going to strangle all those who try harming her, with her hair. I bet her hair is her best and most powerful asset, and then it's revealed under the new curse, that she whether doesn't have any and has cancer, or it's just really short and powerless.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Omgg that would be so dramatic if her storybrooke counterpart had some kind of lukemia with loosing her hair and being all weak D: (not that its cool to have cancer or that i wish it upon her, it would just make a great storyline and more real) 

      BUt yeah i just hope she strangle's everyone with her hair or that her hair trys to protect her in its own way by fighting off (straingling) any intruders and its just her own fear that she has to overcome to learning her to control her hair... (like with Ruby that she has to accept that she's part wolf to control her power) 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • If you read the original fairytale the hair isn't magical in any way shape or form. That's just a Disney thing. Doesn't mean they'll use it. As for the hooded figure in the promo my bet is Mother/Dame Gothel. I would so love that!!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just gor a great idea. What if everytime one of her hairs is cut, someone dies. (> the Fates, Greek mythology). Maybe she doesn't like her fate and so she locks herself in a tower, but is visited by a hooded figure who is Death himself, who comes in and cuts one hair every night. She doesn't want Charming to be there when he comes, because she knows you can't defeat Death...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dr. Kangaroo wrote:
      I just gor a great idea. What if everytime one of her hairs is cut, someone dies. (> the Fates, Greek mythology). Maybe she doesn't like her fate and so she locks herself in a tower, but is visited by a hooded figure who is Death himself, who comes in and cuts one hair every night. She doesn't want Charming to be there when he comes, because she knows you can't defeat Death...

      Omg it is a great idea! However I don't think it's the case here because it's not something these writers would do.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Prince of Rascia wrote:
      Dr. Kangaroo wrote:
      I just gor a great idea. What if everytime one of her hairs is cut, someone dies. (> the Fates, Greek mythology). Maybe she doesn't like her fate and so she locks herself in a tower, but is visited by a hooded figure who is Death himself, who comes in and cuts one hair every night. She doesn't want Charming to be there when he comes, because she knows you can't defeat Death...
      Omg it is a great idea! However I don't think it's the case here because it's not something these writers would do.

      I don't care if it's going to happen, I just think it's a great twist. I always try to hope on something that will definitely never happen, because else i'm not that surprised at what does actually happen (e.g. Peter Pan being Rumple's dad)...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dr. Kangaroo wrote:

      I don't care if it's going to happen, I just think it's a great twist. I always try to hope on something that will definitely never happen, because else i'm not that surprised at what does actually happen (e.g. Peter Pan being Rumple's dad)...

      I see your point, I do that myself. If anything, we practice our own imagination :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just watched the episode :) it was awesome! The Rapunzel part was (too) short though hope she comes back for more episodes..:) i wished they used at least one tangled reffrence...i liked that her hair was a thing she created because she was scared. I kinda liked seeing a standard scared damsel in distress princess (though eventually she solved her own problem herself) im excited to see what they do next with Rapunzel (and sdont just kill her off like Cinderella) or make her sway in the back like Ruby and Aurora...

      Only things i didnt like i wished they tapped more into the her not thinking she wasnt good enough by making her that beaten down princess with low selfasteem and stuff; i didnt really see that...though i get what they were trying to do. I just wished they made her more tragic..like idk have her sitting all sad in a corner or that she got all sarcastic after all that time in the tower...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Levi.goodliff wrote:
      I just watched the episode :) it was awesome! The Rapunzel part was (too) short though hope she comes back for more episodes..:) i wished they used at least one tangled reffrence...i liked that her hair was a thing she created because she was scared. I kinda liked seeing a standard scared damsel in distress princess (though eventually she solved her own problem herself) im excited to see what they do next with Rapunzel (and sdont just kill her off like Cinderella) or make her sway in the back like Ruby and Aurora...

      Only things i didnt like i wished they tapped more into the her not thinking she wasnt good enough by making her that beaten down princess with low selfasteem and stuff; i didnt really see that...though i get what they were trying to do. I just wished they made her more tragic..like idk have her sitting all sad in a corner or that she got all sarcastic after all that time in the tower...

      The way she was a born princess in Tangled and not a princess by marriage like in the orginal story is sort of like a refrence, but I wished they had said that their kingdom's name is Corona, that would have been cool, also I think as a refence to the orginal story the name of the plant should have been called the Gothel plant, it was the name of the witch in the story, or the creature could have been called a Gothel, just an idea, I also have two questions about this episode


      1) Why didn't Rapunzel starve in the tower?


      2) Why wasn't she taken by the first curse?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Will Rapunzel be back or was she just used to progress David's story? I feel they could do more with her and it ended too quickly. has their been any confirmation for future episodes?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote: 1) Why didn't Rapunzel starve in the tower?

      Magic.

      2) Why wasn't she taken by the first curse?

      Perhaps the Night Root's magic didn't let the curse take their prisoner, or perhaps she was taken by the curse and lived her 28 years locked next to Belle :D It'd have been hilarious if she was locked in a secret vault in the clock tower.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Or because the tower was in Sherwood which we must assume was under Cora's shield. I'm pretty sure Robin Hood said the plant grew in the south of Sherwood or something like that. Also the fact that a plant was involved at all is a reference to the original story. Remember Gothel was upset about vegetables from her garden being stolen, notably Rampion which in German is Rapunzel.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote: The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      I've been thinking about this and it occurred to me that clairvoyance does exist in FTL (Rumple got his powers from the seer), so perhaps a legend/premonition/vision/whatever somehow made its way from FTL to the past in "our world" and morphed into the basic version of Rapunzel we've come to know, even though it had yet to happen in FTL.

      More than likely, though, I doubt it'll ever be explained.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Great. Another Disney princess on the show. Lets see, now we have Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Mulan, and Rapunzel. Missing ones are Jasmine, Pocahontas, Tiana, Merida, Anna and Elsa. When which one will show up next? Jafar's made an appearance, but no Jasmine so far. Maybe she doesn't even exist...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Charmed-Jay wrote:
      Great. Another Disney princess on the show. Lets see, now we have Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Mulan, and Rapunzel. Missing ones are Jasmine, Pocahontas, Tiana, Merida, Anna and Elsa. When which one will show up next? Jafar's made an appearance, but no Jasmine so far. Maybe she doesn't even exist...

      Well, princesses are a staple of fairy tales. I don't think we'll get Pocahontas (too historical) or Merida (movie original) though. Jasmine and Tiana will likely be in eventually as Adam and Eddy have alluded to them being on in interviews, and they'd like to do Anna and Elsa, but since that is such a loose telling of The Snow Queen, I'm not sure they'd go through with it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16
      Anubis16 removed this reply because:
      I changed my mind
      13:58, March 24, 2014
      This reply has been removed
    • I just realized something since the prince is not her love intrest (good twist) then if she appears again on the shiow she could fall in love with anybody, she doesn't needa love intest, but it would be nice to see her with someday, it doesn't even have to be a prince, but quick question, did you like the twist of her capitor being "herself" or do you think it should have been Regina or Zelena? I personally loved this tiwst. Also, if the Rapunzel story oocured in this missing year I wonder if any other stories occured that year too, and I know it's not important, but if the story occured in that year then I wonder if Rapunzel is even in Henry's book?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • the show changed the characters from the original plots, so it's possible they might appear. since they base the names on the Disney movies, it's possible they will include some of the original characters. Mulan was a historical character and she got involved, so who's to say Merida and Pocahontas won't. not saying that they will, just saying the possibilies. I like the Disney princesses, especially Snow White.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rapunzel will be back or at least mentioned, because of her connection to Walsh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would LOVE to see Anna and Elsa, or at least one of them. They could do so much cool stuff with the Arendale. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dan Fox wrote: Rapunzel will be back or at least mentioned, because of her connection to Walsh.

      Unless that fact was as true as Henry interacting with Lancelot. XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Charmed-Jay wrote:
      the show changed the characters from the original plots, so it's possible they might appear. since they base the names on the Disney movies, it's possible they will include some of the original characters. Mulan was a historical character and she got involved, so who's to say Merida and Pocahontas won't. not saying that they will, just saying the possibilies. I like the Disney princesses, especially Snow White.

      There is no proof that Mulan was an actual person, but we know for a fact Pocahontas was. Of course, her Disney version isn't that historically acurate, so it could work. I still hope they don't do Merida, as much as I like her, I feel Pixar is it's own thing, they do all original plots, and don't really fit with the idea of Once Upon A Time, which at its heart is about the book version of things (using Disney names is just because people are accostumed to using those names due to Disney's iconicness and that they can since they are on ABC).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think I understand this episode now, it wasn't about Rapunzel's gaining freedom from the tower, but about her gaining emotional freedom, the tower is just a symbol of this, Once is so creative 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just saying but to me, Rapunzel has totally the look to turn out to also be Princess Tiana. She looks just the same !

      (And back to season 2, I was always expecting Tamara to be Pocahontas, but it never happened !)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Mewiet wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote: The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      I've been thinking about this and it occurred to me that clairvoyance does exist in FTL (Rumple got his powers from the seer), so perhaps a legend/premonition/vision/whatever somehow made its way from FTL to the past in "our world" and morphed into the basic version of Rapunzel we've come to know, even though it had yet to happen in FTL.

      More than likely, though, I doubt it'll ever be explained.

      It would be cool if the Brothers Grimm were included as characters somehow, maybe they could be seers and one of their parents who was also a seer came from the Enchanted Forest to Earth and gave birth to Wilhem and Jacob and they both inherited the power to see the future and the visions they saw inspired them to write their stories

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Giaz wrote:
      Just saying but to me, Rapunzel has totally the look to turn out to also be Princess Tiana. She looks just the same !

      (And back to season 2, I was always expecting Tamara to be Pocahontas, but it never happened !)


      wow back up there SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE TIANA o.o if you think Tamara looks like Pocahontas..wow dude

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Levilikescookies wrote:
      Giaz wrote:
      Just saying but to me, Rapunzel has totally the look to turn out to also be Princess Tiana. She looks just the same !

      (And back to season 2, I was always expecting Tamara to be Pocahontas, but it never happened !)


      wow back up there SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE TIANA o.o if you think Tamara looks like Pocahontas..wow dude

      Yes I do think Rapunzel looks like Tiana, and Tamara looked like Poca. Physically speaking.

      Just saying, it could have worked...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Giaz wrote:

      Levilikescookies wrote:
      Giaz wrote:
      Just saying but to me, Rapunzel has totally the look to turn out to also be Princess Tiana. She looks just the same !

      (And back to season 2, I was always expecting Tamara to be Pocahontas, but it never happened !)


      wow back up there SHE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE TIANA o.o if you think Tamara looks like Pocahontas..wow dude

      Yes I do think Rapunzel looks like Tiana, and Tamara looked like Poca. Physically speaking.

      Just saying, it could have worked...

      Off-topic I've removed the image since it was not following the policies. Please read this for further information :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Mewiet wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote: The only problem with that is the story of Rapunzel was written over two hundred years ago and the events that happened in the year they went back to the Enchanted Forest occured the same time as present day

      I've been thinking about this and it occurred to me that clairvoyance does exist in FTL (Rumple got his powers from the seer), so perhaps a legend/premonition/vision/whatever somehow made its way from FTL to the past in "our world" and morphed into the basic version of Rapunzel we've come to know, even though it had yet to happen in FTL.

      More than likely, though, I doubt it'll ever be explained.

      Whose to say that time in FTL/EF correlates to "our world"? Or that if it does sometimes, maybe other times it doesn't? FTL/EF is full of magic. We know that in Neverland time was basically frozen and that's why the children never aged (why Wendy, despite being the older sister, is still a young girl while her brothers have grown into men). Time is something that can be manipulated as well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • All evidence points that it does. Of course, as you just said, maybe it doesn't all the time, but the inshow evidence we have thus far is that time does run parallel between the EF and the LWM.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Just another theory. I think that it's just a way of the show including more fairytales. As someone above said, most of these fairytales were written hundreds of years ago. They can't get everything perfect.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Indeed. There's a million explanations for it, and I don't think it's a thing we're meant to ponder so hard XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      Indeed. There's a million explanations for it, and I don't think it's a thing we're meant to ponder so hard XD

      Just a theory, maybe it has something to do with the undone curse, maybe time worked differently in the Enchanted Forest, but when the curse was casted it caused our world and the Enchanted Forest to move at the same rate of time, but when the curse was undone in Going Home time reset itself to before the curse was casted, but the past didn't change though, it was just returned to how it moved before the curse was casted and our world and the mediveal times were once again occured at the same time, am I making sense? 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:

      Utter solitude wrote:
      Indeed. There's a million explanations for it, and I don't think it's a thing we're meant to ponder so hard XD

      Just a theory, maybe it has something to do with the undone curse, maybe time worked differently in the Enchanted Forest, but when the curse was casted it caused our world and the Enchanted Forest to move at the same rate of time, but when the curse was undone in Going Home time reset itself to before the curse was casted, but the past didn't change though, it was just returned to how it moved before the curse was casted and our world and the mediveal times were once again occured at the same time, am I making sense? 

      Nope, time was confirmed to move exactly the same.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote:

      Utter solitude wrote:
      Indeed. There's a million explanations for it, and I don't think it's a thing we're meant to ponder so hard XD
      Just a theory, maybe it has something to do with the undone curse, maybe time worked differently in the Enchanted Forest, but when the curse was casted it caused our world and the Enchanted Forest to move at the same rate of time, but when the curse was undone in Going Home time reset itself to before the curse was casted, but the past didn't change though, it was just returned to how it moved before the curse was casted and our world and the mediveal times were once again occured at the same time, am I making sense? 
      Nope, time was confirmed to move exactly the same.

      Ok, then maybe the fairytales were written by seers

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Anubis16 wrote:
      Killian Jones wrote:

      Anubis16 wrote:


      Utter solitude wrote:
      Indeed. There's a million explanations for it, and I don't think it's a thing we're meant to ponder so hard XD
      Just a theory, maybe it has something to do with the undone curse, maybe time worked differently in the Enchanted Forest, but when the curse was casted it caused our world and the Enchanted Forest to move at the same rate of time, but when the curse was undone in Going Home time reset itself to before the curse was casted, but the past didn't change though, it was just returned to how it moved before the curse was casted and our world and the mediveal times were once again occured at the same time, am I making sense? 
      Nope, time was confirmed to move exactly the same.
      Ok, then maybe the fairytales were written by seers

      Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr we're not meant to ponder this stuff? :P

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I SOOOO HOPE NOT ouat gets a Lost like ending...where idk Emma is actually in a mental hospital or a autistic girl with a big imaginaition o.o or just a writer...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Levilikescookies wrote:
      I SOOOO HOPE NOT ouat gets a Lost like ending...where idk Emma is actually in a mental hospital or a autistic girl with a big imaginaition o.o or just a writer...

      This would just be horrible!! But I do also think we're not "meant to ponder over this stuff"... 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Actually, August was the one that was a writer.  Remember the typewriter on his bike?  And he even told Henry that he was a writer.  AND.. he made a change to Henry's Fairy Tale book. Not that I want that kind of ending, but just sayin'. 

      Speaking of The Fairy Tale book, How is it that August (from outside of the Curse) knew about it, and was able to make changes to it.  I got the impression (from the mid season Finale) that the book itself was somehow magical in nature, and quite likely would be resistant to any changes / edits. (although, I guess Henry also removed a few pages from the end early on.. so that idea is kinda full of holes.  Oh well).

      Ok, my head hurts from pondering this stuff too much. I'm going back to other things now. ;) 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Dr. Kangaroo wrote:
      Levilikescookies wrote:
      I SOOOO HOPE NOT ouat gets a Lost like ending...where idk Emma is actually in a mental hospital or a autistic girl with a big imaginaition o.o or just a writer...
      This would just be horrible!! But I do also think we're not "meant to ponder over this stuff"... 

      An even worse ending, would be if Emma was an old woman, in the nursing home in Boston, New York, or Tallahassee, with dimentia or Alzhiemer's. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Omg i hope so not! 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote: I would LOVE to see Anna and Elsa, or at least one of them. They could do so much cool stuff with the Arendale. 

      Your wish came true. Elsa has arrived. Now we just have to wait till next season.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just wonder what her first lines will be or what she will do first.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.