FANDOM


  • Did everyone see Ursula's face in the promo?. It's Lana Parilla. Wich means that Ursula is Regina the Evil Queen.

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • So excited to see Lana Parilla as Ursula!!! It would be even cooler if she were actually playing two different characters but I think they'll spin it as an offset of the Evil Queen character. Either way, it's awesome!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm hoping Regina is just disguised as Ursula (so that the audience sees her as Lana, but the characters actually see her as the real Ursula) because I hate the idea of Ursula being Regina.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Mewiet wrote:
      (so that the audience sees her as Lana, but the characters actually see her as the real Ursula) 

      Not likely, as this is the opposite of what the show has done in the past. We didn't see the Siren, for example, when she was playing Snow White, we saw Snow White XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      Mewiet wrote:
      (so that the audience sees her as Lana, but the characters actually see her as the real Ursula) 
      Not likely, as this is the opposite of what the show has done in the past. We didn't see the Siren, for example, when she was playing Snow White, we saw Snow White XD

      Where is this Ursula  promo?? OMG OMG OMG OMG

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I am really excited... I feel Lana and the creators are going to do Ursula justice (Especially since this is the character that Lana has been wanting to play for a while and the character help her make some of her Regina gestures). And I don't see why Rumpel can be the croc and the beast, and Peter also being the pied piper, why is everyone making a fuss over this?

      But I can't wait to see how everything go and to see if maybe Ariel was the deal She wanted to discuss with Rumpel when she first kidnap Belle.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Mewiet wrote: I'm hoping Regina is just disguised as Ursula (so that the audience sees her as Lana, but the characters actually see her as the real Ursula) because I hate the idea of Ursula being Regina.

      I think that Regina and Ursala are the same person. But the only question is, why would Regina turn herself into an octopus and call herslef Ursala. This remains to be seen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm sure Regina is disgusted as Ursula. Actually, in the first draft of TLM it's told that Ursula is Ariel's aunt (Triton's sister) but apparently Disney cut it for time (or something like that). I'm very interested to see thier take on the story. Also, side note, techinically Hercules and Ariel and cousins. If they ever addressed that it would be amazing XD 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote:
      I'm sure Regina is disgusted as Ursula. Actually, in the first draft of TLM it's told that Ursula is Ariel's aunt (Triton's sister) but apparently Disney cut it for time (or something like that). I'm very interested to see thier take on the story. Also, side note, techinically Hercules and Ariel and cousins. If they ever addressed that it would be amazing XD 

      At first the 'Ariel and Hercules are cousins' threw me, then I got it. Although that would be amazing if they could pull that off I just can't see it happening. Poseidon is the ruler of the ocean, according to Greek mythology and the brother of Zeus (Hercules' Father) but the ruler of Atlantica (and perhaps according to Disney's TLM, the entire ocean) and Ariel's Father is called King Triton. They could easily cross these characters over and make Triton both an Ocean God (Poseidon) hence making him the God of Thunder's brother and Ariel's Father. The reason I doubt it will happen is because I can't see them delving into Greek mythology (as much as I want them to) and they may not even feature King Triton (perhaps hopefully saving the Poseidon angle for later) 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:
      AppleTree23 wrote:
      I'm sure Regina is disgusted as Ursula. Actually, in the first draft of TLM it's told that Ursula is Ariel's aunt (Triton's sister) but apparently Disney cut it for time (or something like that). I'm very interested to see thier take on the story. Also, side note, techinically Hercules and Ariel and cousins. If they ever addressed that it would be amazing XD 
      At first the 'Ariel and Hercules are cousins' threw me, then I got it. Although that would be amazing if they could pull that off I just can't see it happening. Poseidon is the ruler of the ocean, according to Greek mythology and the brother of Zeus (Hercules' Father) but the ruler of Atlantica (and perhaps according to Disney's TLM, the entire ocean) and Ariel's Father is called King Triton. They could easily cross these characters over and make Triton both an Ocean God (Poseidon) hence making him the God of Thunder's brother and Ariel's Father. The reason I doubt it will happen is because I can't see them delving into Greek mythology (as much as I want them to) and they may not even feature King Triton (perhaps hopefully saving the Poseidon angle for later) 


      Your idea of making triton and poseidon is amazing. Wow! the ruler of the seas! By the way, the creators have delved on greek mythology in the character of Midas. I also agree with apple tree, that Ariel and Hercules are technically related but not shown in the disney canon. In Greek mythology, Triton is Poseidon's son. Poseidon is Zeus' brother. Hercules and Triton are cousins. Hope this makes sense.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And to make it even better Triton is not only Poseidon but also Neptune xD.

      But I'm glad they made Regina play the role as Ursula. The reason why she calls herself Ursula hopefully will be revealed, but that she transformed into an octopus sounds logical. She also transformed into an old hag, so why not into an octopus to reach Ariel who is in the ocean.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      But I'm glad they made Regina play the role as Ursula. The reason why she calls herself Ursula hopefully will be revealed, but that she transformed into an octopus sounds logical. 

      I am sure OUaT will explain, why Regina transformed herself into a cecaelia. 

      JoAnna Garcia said, in an interview , that Ursula was powerful goddess who granted the merpeople's wish for legs, once a year. It would seem, that she was known to the humans  as well.

      For all we know, Ursula could just be a myth in the Enchanted Forest. People believed in her, but no one has actually ever seen her. Leaving Regina full reign to masquerade as Ursula, in her ongoing power-struggle with Snow White.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:

      [...]

      The reason I doubt it will happen is because I can't see them delving into Greek mythology (as much as I want them to) 

      [...]

      Well, they did do that by bringing in the character of Midas, like Dragonduke said.

      Also, they mentioned the legend of Pegasus in the last episode :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah, I do remember King Midas, and obviously there was the Pegasus reference from 'Good Form' But admittedly, these were both pretty weak 1-shot references, and aside from turning Frederick into gold in Season One, Midas could have just been any King and it wouldn't have affected the plot too much.

      What I should have said was I can't see anyone from Greek mythology featured in a big way to further the plot or even base a whole season around. I'm not sure they will ever show the Gods on Mount Olympus and even if Hercules was ever on the show, I'm guessing he would just be a legendary warrior with a vague explanation of his demi-god power. So, in light of that, I would guess that they wouldn't liken King Triton to Poseidon (even though according to myth, Triton is Poseidon's son) and would just stick with Disney canon.

      Oh, and I am not sure on Lana as Ursula. I guessed that would happen, based on how much Lana wanted the role, but after I've seen the promo, I found myself cringing at how much I disliked it. I feel like the only person who doesn't like Regina as Ursula. Of course, a tiny snippet is not enough for me to decide 100% and I hope I really love it, but for now, I'm not sold on OctoQueen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I understand. Yeah, I agree. I don't think they'll get that deep into Greek mythology. But I have to say... Although I'm a really huge fan, I prefer that way. I don't know if they could pull it off, mixing fairy tales and mythology. Not that I doubt their abilities as writers (they're amazingly creative), but you know what I mean? I'd rather if they kept focusing mainly of fairy tales.

      As for Ursula, I liked the idea of having Lana play her. But I really want to know what's the deal with OctoQueen, as you say. I loved their casting choice, I'm just not sure how she'll be as a character if she turns out to be Regina and Ursula at the same time. But I'm pretty sure I'll love their spin on the tale.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with Princess Alessandra. As much as I thought it would be cool to have Regina to be Ursula as well, when i saw the sneek peek, I was a little bit dissappointed. I don't know - in my mind, Ursula has to be this scary, huge, monster-ish looking hag. My first impression of seeing Regina as Ursula was "Damn, can anybody give that gurl some cheesebugers!"

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Why is Ursula on a banner at the ball with Eric and Ariel?  That's what I want to know.  Also, I do think Lana is a bit thin to be playing Ursula.  Ursula is supposed to be voluptuous, not as thin as a rail. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GrecianGoddess wrote:
      Why is Ursula on a banner at the ball with Eric and Ariel?  That's what I want to know.  

      That.... and how did Snow White sneak into a Royal Ball unnoticed?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I actually thought they arranged Lana's costume to make her a little bit more "curvy" to play Ursula. I don't know, that's just what I observed in the promo. Of course, nothing like the Disney version of Ursula, but still... Disney's version of the Beast is a hairy creature with big teeth and claws and yet most people loved how different Rumple turned out to be.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Save for the shoddy cgi, Lana looks great as Ursula. I bet, she had a ton of fun while film. From the promo, it looks like the 3.06 flashback, will be classic OUaT.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The ABC press release:

      "Ariel" - Back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, when Ariel (JoAnna Garcia Swisher) saves Snow White from drowning in the ocean's depths, Snow returns the favor by helping her new friend get acquainted with Prince Eric, with whom she has fallen madly in love with. Meanwhile, Emma, Mary Margaret, David and Hook attempt to save Neal, who is imprisoned in one of Pan's encampments, and Regina and Mr. Gold begrudgingly team up to find a way to take down Pan, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

      "Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

      Guest starring are Robbie Kay as Pan, JoAnna Garcia Swisher as Ariel, Gil McKinney as Eric, Parker Croft as Felix, Josh Kalender as lead knight, Adam Lolacher as black knight and Arpad Balogh as footman.

      "Ariel" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Ciaran Donnelly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hook will tell Emma about Neal then.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • http://www.newnownext.com/adam-lambert-spell-block-tango-halloween-video/10/2013/ had to share this.  Amber Riley would have made a great Ursula. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • August Booth wrote:
      Hook will tell Emma about Neal then.

      I guess that also explains why Regina leaves the group and joins Rumple.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      August Booth wrote:
      Hook will tell Emma about Neal then.
      I guess that also explains why Regina leaves the group and joins Rumple.

      Yup.... every minute they spent saving Neal, is another minute Henry can be corrupted by Peter Pan.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think it's actually a good idea to split up. Regina and Rumple can work their magic to find a way to beat Pan while the others try to rescue Neal who is apparently the key to fiding their way home.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I was wondering about it for a while, but well - if Hook even wants a chance with Emma - he won't get it by not telling her about Neal being alive. That would be a sure way to ruin everything, as the truth has the way to come forward. And Hook cares about Baelfire, even if he's his 'rival' for Emma's affections.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Not that they won't end in the same place though

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Judging by the way Ariel says "Ursula", it leads me to believe that Ursula does exists in the OUAT universe. Maybe she is like an old legend among the merefolk and Regina just disguises herself as Ursula to get at Ariel. After all, Kitsis and Horowits said that "in our show, you never know who is the REAL Ursula". Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/d23-expo-abc-debuts-new-603799 Someone up there gave a link to an interview with Johanna Garcia were she talks about Ursula being a sea goddess know to both mermaids and humans.So I am guessing that perhaps Regina is taking advantage of the myth to get to Ariel. She disguises herself as Ursula but she is NOT the real Ursula. And maybe then we´ll get the real one later. The link above is from Kitsis and there is something he says that sorts of implies that maybe this is the route they are taking with Ursula. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GrecianGoddess wrote:
      Why is Ursula on a banner at the ball with Eric and Ariel?  That's what I want to know. 

      Where? I don't see her on any banners.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Domanar wrote:
      Judging by the way Ariel says "Ursula", it leads me to believe that Ursula does exists in the OUAT universe. Maybe she is like an old legend among the merefolk and Regina just disguises herself as Ursula to get at Ariel. After all, Kitsis and Horowits said that "in our show, you never know who is the REAL Ursula".

      Cool theory. That would be interesting.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Demon Taur wrote:
      GrecianGoddess wrote:
      Why is Ursula on a banner at the ball with Eric and Ariel?  That's what I want to know. 
      Where? I don't see her on any banners.

      In this  behind-the-scenes picture.

      Look at the left-hand corner, there is a tapestry in the background.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GrecianGoddess wrote:
      Why is Ursula on a banner at the ball with Eric and Ariel? 

      If we go according to Ursula being a myth in OUaT who grants mermaid the ability to walk once a year then I would say that it is there to worship her. However when saying that I assume that the people on land also know of this.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      If we go according to Ursula being a myth in OUaT who grants mermaid the ability to walk once a year then I would say that it is there to worship her. However when saying that I assume that the people on land also know of this.

      The humans would be worshipping Ursula for a different reason, than the mermaids. 

      The mermaids were granted legs, once a year. The humans want the seas to remain calm, and safe for travel. All things considered, it is pretty safe to assume Eric's kingdom is located near the ocean.... a mermaid spied on him and fell in love, seafood will be served at the ball.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Does this mean that Regina is both The Evil Queen and Ursula, like Rumplestiltskin is both The Crocodile and The Beast?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • We assume she is

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Regina could very well be just disguised as Ursula. To get what she want's from Ariel.

      Just like Cora made herself to look like Blue.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would rather see Regina and Ursula as the same person. I like adding new characters but when they can be mixed I like it somewhat better. With more characters (don't know how to say it) they have to get attention and that means less attention to other characters. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I would rather see Regina and Ursula as the same person. I like adding new characters but when they can be mixed I like it somewhat better. With more characters (don't know how to say it) they have to get attention and that means less attention to other characters. 

      Just because there might be an actual Ursula, does not necessarily mean we will ever see her. She could be a myth, or her powers are housed within Ariel. Frankly, Ursula could be anyone or anything, at this point. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Regina and Urusala are the same person, but Regina calls herself Ursala for some reason.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      Mewiet wrote:
      (so that the audience sees her as Lana, but the characters actually see her as the real Ursula) 
      Not likely, as this is the opposite of what the show has done in the past. We didn't see the Siren, for example, when she was playing Snow White, we saw Snow White XD

      Well, they did something similar in The Evil Queen, when the audience sees her as Lana, but characters actually see her as a completely different person, a random peasant. But yeah, it's not the same XD

      And I would really not like Lana portraying someone else than the Evil Queen, plus I think it is to be assumed that is just Regina disguised.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yep, and that was ONE time, wasn't it? ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Where is Ariel now? Was she affected by the Curse of The Evil Queen? 

      - So EXCITED for this episode

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GrecianGoddess wrote:
      http://www.newnownext.com/adam-lambert-spell-block-tango-halloween-video/10/2013/ had to share this.  Amber Riley would have made a great Ursula. 

      Lol! Yup but Hook in that video (Lambert) has nothing on our lovely awesome Hook. ( :

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:
      GrecianGoddess wrote:
      http://www.newnownext.com/adam-lambert-spell-block-tango-halloween-video/10/2013/ had to share this.  Amber Riley would have made a great Ursula. 
      Lol! Yup but Hook in that video (Lambert) has nothing on our lovely awesome Hook. ( :

      Nor does the Evil Queen ;)

      That was a very enjoyable video. Thank you for sharing it, @GrecianGoddess. Anyway, I burst out laughing, when "Prince Eric" twirled onto the scene. Mostly, because it seems (from the BTS pictures) that the OUaT Eric is not the best dancer.... which is fine by me.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:
      I think Regina and Urusala are the same person, but Regina calls herself Ursala for some reason.

      The sneak peek  explains everything ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • So am i correct or wrong?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:
      So am i correct or wrong?

      Ursula is the Goddess of the Sea, worshipped in the Enchanted Forest. She is a myth, as Ariel said. That is what it sounded like, to me at least. 

      Regina probably impersonates this mythological goddess, to trick Ariel into handing over Snow White. Betray your best friend, you get to be with your prince forever. Do the honorable thing, you turn back into a mermaid and loose both of them.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      Titanicman95 wrote:
      So am i correct or wrong?
      Ursula is the Goddess of the Sea, worshipped in the Enchanted Forest. She is a myth, as Ariel said. That is what it sounded like, to me at least. 

      Regina probably impersonates this mythological goddess...

      This is how I hope it goes, I like this. :3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I hope the real Ursula comes into play at some point. It would interesting to see her and Regina mix! 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AppleTree23 wrote:
      I hope the real Ursula comes into play at some point. It would interesting to see her and Regina mix! 

      My thoughts exactly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      AppleTree23 wrote:
      I hope the real Ursula comes into play at some point. It would interesting to see her and Regina mix! 
      My thoughts exactly.

      Ursula is, probably, just a myth. Besides, as a sea-goddess, she would be neutral.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:

      The sneak peek  explains everything ;)

      Omg, Joanna is so cute in this! She's so much like a real life Ariel, it's adorable. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For all those who theorized, that mermaids can swim between realms, you are correct . JoAnna Garcia, gave a few interviews  about Ariel.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Wow, I finally speculated something right :3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      Wow, I finally speculated something right :3

      That would be, because we know the writers' style ;)

      PS: yet, another  interview.... enjoy!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still think that they are both the same person.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • At least we now know why Ursula was on the banner.  Because she is worshipped as a goddess of the sea.  Whether by Eric's people or Ariel, not sure.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • GrecianGoddess wrote:
      At least we now know why Ursula was on the banner.  Because she is worshipped as a goddess of the sea.  Whether by Eric's people or Ariel, not sure.

      It could always be by both, the humans and mermaids.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • And we know that Regina is Ursula. However I'm still open to the theory that Regina is just impersonating her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      And we know that Regina is Ursula. However I'm still open to the theory that Regina is just impersonating her.

      Same. It just feels like it..IDK why. :3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      And we know that Regina is Ursula. However I'm still open to the theory that Regina is just impersonating her.
      Same. It just feels like it..IDK why. :3

      Because the alternative would be, that the mermaids and Eric's kingdom worship Regina.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • from the sneak peak, it sounds like Ariel met Ursula before, years ago.

      I think Regina is impersonating her

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Samcarter34 wrote:
      from the sneak peak, it sounds like Ariel met Ursula before, years ago.

      I think Regina is impersonating her

      I think Regina impersonated Ursula with Rumplestiltskin's help to get at Ariel every time Ariel has "met" Ursula when Ursula is, for all everyone knows, just a mythical sea goddess. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Could it be possible that Regina and Ursala are the same person?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:
      Could it be possible that Regina and Ursala are the same person?

      Did you watch the sneak peek, by any chance?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • yes, that is the whole reason I think that they are the same person.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Samcarter34 wrote:
      from the sneak peak, it sounds like Ariel met Ursula before, years ago.

      I think Regina is impersonating her

      I didn't get that from the sneak peak. To Ariel she's just a myth, so she knows of her but they never met each other.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      I didn't get that from the sneak peak. To Ariel she's just a myth, so she knows of her but they never met each other.

      I got that, too. 

      Ariel went as far as to call, Ursula "a long-dead myth".


      Here  is another interview, with a new sneak peek.... enjoy!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ^ I love that interview!  Ariel has her bag of goodies, love it!!!  I wonder if she'll have the sextant in her bag of tricks, as she said she's got something useful?  It could be lots of things, really.

      Have a feeling this could end up being one of the most beloved episodes.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Does anyone think that Ariel will appear in current time Neverland?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think she will appear in both Neverland and Storybrooke

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe we just have to see tomarrow.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I believe that an ancient creature known as URsula gave the opportunity to merpeople to turn to humans once a year or smt... This is their myth like we have GOd Ilios who is responsible for the sun's light in Greek mythology, but Ariel never met her, Ursula is just part of mermaid culture and Regina in order to find Snow,asked Rumple to make the myth come alive in her so she would make a deal with Ariel. This unfortunately doesn't include Vanessa and Ursula taking ARiel's voice and some popular loved parts of the movie. But I really looking forward to see other twists in the the other half of Ariel's story. Like how she met ERic and save him and how she lost her voice or something... But something tells me this will be one of the best episodes!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Alexalaz wrote:
      But I really looking forward to see other twists in the the other half of Ariel's story. Like how she met ERic and save him and how she lost her voice or something... But something tells me this will be one of the best episodes!!

      According to JoAnna Garcia, Ariel has already saved and fallen in love with Eric, when we are first introduced to her. It would be pretty redundant to have her save both Snow White, and Prince Eric in the same episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YESSSSSSS REGINA ONLY IMPERSONATED URSULA AND THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED THE REAL URSULA OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW Also who played her 'cuz DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

      Also I LOVED the episode. SO excited for next week's haha, it turns out that this episode, the one everyone thought would be so great (and it was), was only just setting up the next one AHHHH Next week is going to be awesome!!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I loved it, too. One of the best episodes this season. JoAnna Garcia was just a perfect casting choice!

      Regina as Ursula really impressed me, I loved it, but I'm also glad we got to see a little bit of the "real" Ursula.

      Many heartbreaking and heartfelt moments. They were really nicely written, in my opinion.

      I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out who's in the other cage. Oh well...

      And the promo for the next episode... I just can't believe we'll have to wait another week.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      I loved it, too. One of the best episodes this season. JoAnna Garcia was just a perfect casting choice!

      Regina as Ursula really impressed me, I loved it, but I'm also glad we got to see a little bit of the "real" Ursula.

      Many heartbreaking and heartfelt moments. They were really nicely written, in my opinion.

      I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out who's in the other cage. Oh well...

      And the promo for the next episode... I just can't believe we'll have to wait another week.

      AHMYGAWD THE OTHER CAGE I actually completely forgot about that...Argh! So much to wait for haha!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:

      Argh! So much to wait for haha!

      I'm mainly dying to see that scene where the sky in Neverland gets red, Shadow appears, Emma draws her sword and Neal screams her name :x

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      I loved it, too. One of the best episodes this season. JoAnna Garcia was just a perfect casting choice!

      Regina as Ursula really impressed me, I loved it, but I'm also glad we got to see a little bit of the "real" Ursula.

      Many heartbreaking and heartfelt moments. They were really nicely written, in my opinion.

      I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out who's in the other cage. Oh well...

      And the promo for the next episode... I just can't believe we'll have to wait another week.

      AAAHH! Sounds so exciting!! I can't wait! They didn't open the other crate yet? Dahhhh!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      AAAHH! Sounds so exciting!! I can't wait! They didn't open the other crate yet? Dahhhh!

      Not yet. Great episode for those who like tearjerking moments, though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      AAAHH! Sounds so exciting!! I can't wait! They didn't open the other crate yet? Dahhhh!

      Not yet. Great episode for those who like tearjerking moments, though.

      Well I'm hopeing that tear-jerker moment doesn't involve Emma pushing Snow away even more v.v. </3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I guess pretty much every character got a heartbreaking moment this episode. I felt like hugging all of them, lol.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:
      Rafadeq wrote:
      XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      AAAHH! Sounds so exciting!! I can't wait! They didn't open the other crate yet? Dahhhh!

      Not yet. Great episode for those who like tearjerking moments, though.
      Well I'm hopeing that tear-jerker moment doesn't involve Emma pushing Snow away even more v.v. </3

      Nope someone else does that for her this time ;P

      ANYWAYS NOT GONNA SPOILLL <333 And lol I love how we're all like flailing on the forums nbd.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Does anyone know how long is JoAnna Garcia staying? Boy, wouldn't I love to see her as a regular.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      Does anyone know how long is JoAnna Garcia staying? Boy, wouldn't I love to see her as a regular.

      JoAnna was absolutely perfect, as Ariel. At the moment, she is a recurring guest-star.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JoAnna said in an interview that she stays for "a good minute" or something of the sorts. We know that she'll be in next weeks episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Booo :(

      Well, one can only hope the writers decide to keep her for good :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:

      Well, one can only hope the writers decide to keep her for good :)

      The writers are probably "testing out the waters", with Ariel.... to see how the audience responds, to her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, I believe so.

      To me, I don't think they could have found a better actress to portray her in a million years. I just hope most people felt the same way :)

      I'm thinking of her reunion with Eric... I just know I'm gonna love that scene <3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Did anyone else wish Regina and Rumple were in that Echo Cave scene?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      Did anyone else wish Regina and Rumple were in that Echo Cave scene?

      They woulda tried to magic their way out anyways :c

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah, probably...

      It is fun to think of what could be the darkest secrets of the Dark One and the Evil Queen, though.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      Yeah, probably...

      It is fun to think of what could be the darkest secrets of the Dark One and the Evil Queen, though.

      Rumple's I can guess at, at least. 

      He'd probably have to admit that if they did succeed, he doesn't know whether he would be able to die for Henry or whether he'd try and cheat fate by killing Henry.

      Regina...Regina I don't know.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:

      I'm thinking of her reunion with Eric... I just know I'm gonna love that scene <3

      Ariel's Storybrooke reunion with Eric, will be interesting.... considering, she broke his heart, in this version.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really liked this episode. I was so happy that Regina wasn't truly Ursula, I like the interconnection between stories, but sometimes it seems a bit too much.

      I hope that bit at the end with the real Ursula was foreshadowing to a future encounter, and not just a one shot scene

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Samcarter34 wrote:
      I really liked this episode. I was so happy that Regina wasn't truly Ursula, I like the interconnection between stories, but sometimes it seems a bit too much.

      I hope that bit at the end with the real Ursula was foreshadowing to a future encounter, and not just a one shot scene

      Agreed, and hopefully, yes! I would love to see a development of that relationship. I mean, hey, someone who is probably actually older than Rumple!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just saw this ol video on youtube about a theory that the severe nurse is Ursula. 

      But I don't think it is.

      http://youtu.be/vRUyL-tQqJc

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      Rafadeq wrote:
      Yeah, probably...

      It is fun to think of what could be the darkest secrets of the Dark One and the Evil Queen, though.

      Rumple's I can guess at, at least. 

      He'd probably have to admit that if they did succeed, he doesn't know whether he would be able to die for Henry or whether he'd try and cheat fate by killing Henry.

      Regina...Regina I don't know.

      Or for Rumple it could be him telling everyone that the only reason he protected Snow and Charming is because he wanted Regina to resort to the curse.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • YayMona wrote:
      Arctucrus wrote:
      Rafadeq wrote:
      Yeah, probably...

      It is fun to think of what could be the darkest secrets of the Dark One and the Evil Queen, though.

      Rumple's I can guess at, at least. 

      He'd probably have to admit that if they did succeed, he doesn't know whether he would be able to die for Henry or whether he'd try and cheat fate by killing Henry.

      Regina...Regina I don't know.

      Or for Rumple it could be him telling everyone that the only reason he protected Snow and Charming is because he wanted Regina to resort to the curse.

      I don't think that's as dark as him potentially planning to murder a child.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      Yeah, probably...

      It is fun to think of what could be the darkest secrets of the Dark One and the Evil Queen, though.

      I think Rumple's secrets will either be about the prophecy of Henry being his undoing or that he had a major part to play in Regina turning evil and finding ways of shoving her into a corner where she'd have to use the curse.

      I bet Regina's secret would actually be about choosing to stay angry at Snow White instead of moving on with her life with the opportunity of a new man she was given.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Samcarter34 wrote:
      I really liked this episode. I was so happy that Regina wasn't truly Ursula, I like the interconnection between stories, but sometimes it seems a bit too much.

      I hope that bit at the end with the real Ursula was foreshadowing to a future encounter, and not just a one shot scene


      Me too!  I like it that Rumple has someone to fear, (Peter Pan).  I think it would be neat to see the same between Regina and Ursula! 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Stephany1188 wrote:
      Samcarter34 wrote:
      I really liked this episode. I was so happy that Regina wasn't truly Ursula, I like the interconnection between stories, but sometimes it seems a bit too much.

      I hope that bit at the end with the real Ursula was foreshadowing to a future encounter, and not just a one shot scene


      Me too!  I like it that Rumple has someone to fear, (Peter Pan).  I think it would be neat to see the same between Regina and Ursula! 

      I'd actually like to see more real Ursula. Next time however I wanna see them use Yvette Nicole Brown in actual costume for Ursula instead of a CGI Ursula.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just saw the episode. All of you were right, Regina does impersonate Ursala. But that brings up another question, Why didn't Ursala answer Ariel's call instead of Regina?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:
      I just saw the episode. All of you were right, Regina does impersonate Ursala. But that brings up another question, Why didn't Ursala answer Ariel's call instead of Regina?

      Maybe Ursula herself is in another realm and thats why everyone thought she was just a myth.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • But at the end of episode, she scolds Regina for impersonating her.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I started it a bit late, did they mention the "deal" Regina wanted to discuss with rumple about, "a cirtain mermaid"?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:
      But at the end of episode, she scolds Regina for impersonating her.

      Well just because she might be in another realm doesn't mean she wouldn't know what Regina was up to. Remember last season Cora was in Wonderland and she knew all about the curse Regina was gonna cast.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Budloopy4 wrote:
      I started it a bit late, did they mention the "deal" Regina wanted to discuss with rumple about, "a certain mermaid"?

      No D:

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Arctucrus wrote:
      Budloopy4 wrote:
      I started it a bit late, did they mention the "deal" Regina wanted to discuss with rumple about, "a certain mermaid"?
      No D:

      I have a theory about that, I think after finding out who Ariel was Regina went to Rumple for help and when he declined because of the whole Belle thing she decided she'd just have to do it herself.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ya but they should have alluded to that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Psych!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • After watching this episode, does anyone else get the feeling at Ginnifer Goodwin is pregnant in real life? 

      I was noticing her flowy white blouse in Neverland (no purple jacket on during this episode).  And I was noticing her in the scene at the Ball w/ Ariel.  Her mid section looked...different since last Sunday. 

      Then in the Cave of Echos, bam!  She admits she wants another child.  Could it be they HAVE to write this in b/c she's already preg?


      Aside from baby speculation, I think Ariel was a great episode.  I enjoyed the real Ursula confronting Regina later on.  Nice to see Regina scared for once.  I also enjoyed seeing the soft side of Hook and finally meeting Ariel.  She was cute and clumsy.  I wish her outfit was a bit different, though.  Because it looked like an iParty costume.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This Episode was great! Has me excited for more! ;DDD 

      Thats all I have to say about that o;

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I highly enjoyed the episode because we had Ursula, and I love that Regina and Rumpel are now working together. I can't wait for more.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This might be a load of crap... but maybe.. EEK!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Read this and you will see why it's not true.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I would have liked to see Emma's reaction to Snow talking about wanting a new baby. I'm not saying Snow doesn't love Emma, but it just seemed like she wanted a replacement for Emma, the way she said it. I think it's understandable that Snow wants a little kid to raise - she dserves it, but I would have liked to see Emma's reaction.

      Well she was busy with realizing that Hook likes her, I realize that.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • But if Emma goes with Neal then Hook has to find another true love. I think Emma is more making Hook realize that he can love another again, but that he can also find another true love. However who would it be? There's only a few recurring females:

      Mulan (who is a lesbian), Tinker Bell, Granny and Mother Superior

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • PinkBell wrote:
      I would have liked to see Emma's reaction to Snow talking about wanting a new baby. I'm not saying Snow doesn't love Emma, but it just seemed like she wanted a replacement for Emma, the way she said it. I think it's understandable that Snow wants a little kid to raise - she dserves it, but I would have liked to see Emma's reaction.

      Well she was busy with realizing that Hook likes her, I realize that.

      It didn't feel as tho Snow wanted to replace Emma. I see that Snow longs to Mother Emma and she cannot. It seems Snow was feeling guilty for even thinking to have a child and was thinking of Emma's feelings but having another child isn't replacing her. It's giving Emma a sibling. Thats all. ^.^

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Actually it would be an interesting twist if Pan were to tell Snow she is already with child and then use this to his advantage. o;

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      It didn't feel as tho Snow wanted to replace Emma. I see that Snow longs to Mother Emma and she cannot. It seems Snow was feeling guilty for even thinking to have a child and was thinking of Emma's feelings but having another child isn't replacing her. It's giving Emma a sibling. Thats all. ^.^

      I realize that. I'm just thinking of the way Snow said it. "David, Emma isn't what I wanted. I want a new baby." I perceived it the first time, then thought of it, but... well, I would just have liked a reaction from Emma. "But she's all grown up... It wasn't what I wanted." Emma just looks down.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote: But if Emma goes with Neal then Hook has to find another true love. I think Emma is more making Hook realize that he can love another again, but that he can also find another true love. However who would it be? There's only a few recurring females:

      Mulan (who is a lesbian), Tinker Bell, Granny and Mother Superior

      Mulan is a lesbian? How do you know?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:

      Mulan is a lesbian? How do you know?

      I guess it's either one or the other? XD

      Why does Hook's new love need to be recurring, or someone we've already met, or someone we see at all? XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Titanicman95 wrote:

      Mulan is a lesbian? How do you know?

      Maybe because she loves Aurora...

      Utter solitude wrote: I guess it's either one or the other? XD

      Why does Hook's new love need to be recurring, or someone we've already met, or someone we see at all? XD

      Naming the current options for Hook, he could also wind up with Wendy XD. But of course a whole new character could be introduced for him... or he just stays alone for the rest of his life...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lol @Granny. But for real, I can't even talk about this ep. I usually haven't cared too much about shipping and whatnots, but wow. It was so cute, Hook confessing his love. Then Neal in the cage, he looked so cute! He was so sweet to Emma, and he shouldn't stop fighting for her. But really, all I could think about is how Neal had to sit there and listen to Hook talk about how he never thought he'd get over Neal's mom until he met the mother of Neal's child. Sooooo awkward, my gosh. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      Naming the current options for Hook, he could also wind up with Wendy XD. 

      Um.... please, no.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      Titanicman95 wrote:

      Mulan is a lesbian? How do you know?

      Maybe because she loves Aurora...

      Utter solitude wrote: I guess it's either one or the other? XD


      Why does Hook's new love need to be recurring, or someone we've already met, or someone we see at all? XD

      Naming the current options for Hook, he could also wind up with Wendy XD. But of course a whole new character could be introduced for him... or he just stays alone for the rest of his life...

      I thought Mulan and Aurora were just friends.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I've always shipped Swanfire but after this ep. In a small way I want to see Emma with Hook. It must be Hook's wittle pudding face peeping thru the fern after seeing Bae say "I'll fight for you." D;

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • PinkBell wrote:

      I realize that. I'm just thinking of the way Snow said it. "David, Emma isn't what I wanted. I want a new baby." I perceived it the first time, then thought of it, but... well, I would just have liked a reaction from Emma. "But she's all grown up... It wasn't what I wanted." Emma just looks down.

      I get where you're coming from. I don't think Snow wants to replace Emma, but I know what you mean.

      Whenever the Charmings do anything that sounds or feels parent-like, Emma feels and acts uncomfortable and awkward. When Snow said Emma could call her "mom", when Charming hugged her, when Snow was telling how much she loved her and how much she was proud of her...

      That particular scene in the Echo Caves really showed us how Emma feels about this: awkward. And I hope the writers give us something better than that. Considering how much Snow tries to fix her relationship with Emma, it must have been really hard for her to admit that she wanted another baby because she feels she lost her chance with her now-28-year-old daughter. She poured her heart out saying how much she loves Emma, and how proud she is of her and Emma just stood there, staring into a void, feeling awkward.

      I mean, I expected to see at least some sort of emotion (whether good or bad) when she learned her parents were thinking of having another kid because they wanted an actual go at the whole parenting experience. But all I got was that Emma wanted that whole pouring-emotions-out moment to be over.

      However, I do think that scene was meant to throw those things out in the open. I believe and I hope they will explore the things that were said in that moment later on.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      DarKingdomHearts wrote:

      Naming the current options for Hook, he could also wind up with Wendy XD. 

      Um.... please, no.

      From the set photos that have been released, it appears as though they're keeping Wendy as a child. That would be... wrong :| lol

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:

      That particular scene in the Echo Caves really showed us how Emma feels about this: awkward. And I hope the writers give us something better than that. Considering how much Snow tries to fix her relationship with Emma, it must have been really hard for her to admit that she wanted another baby because she feels she lost her chance with her now-28-year-old daughter. She poured her heart out saying how much she loves Emma, and how proud she is of her and Emma just stood there, staring into a void, feeling awkward.

      I mean, I expected to see at least some sort of emotion (whether good or bad) when she learned her parents were thinking of having another kid because they wanted an actual go at the whole parenting experience. But all I got was that Emma wanted that whole pouring-emotions-out moment to be over.

      I feel like awkward is a complete appropriate response/feeling for Emma to have. She's also not prone to emotional talks or outbursts. I mean, she first met her parents thinking they were equals; the same age, similar experiences, etc. In an instant, her world has been turned around. It's also not been that long since this revelation. (a couple months at best, and they've only been in Neverland a few days)

      Personally, I'd rather see this whole issue and the dynamic strung out for a long, long time. There's a lot to get used to for everyone involved. Emma lived her life thinking she was abandoned, it's quite a shock to find out otherwise. She, and her parents, has to mourn what was lost, and I don't think anyone's truly had time to do so.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rafadeq wrote:
      PinkBell wrote:

      I realize that. I'm just thinking of the way Snow said it. "David, Emma isn't what I wanted. I want a new baby." I perceived it the first time, then thought of it, but... well, I would just have liked a reaction from Emma. "But she's all grown up... It wasn't what I wanted." Emma just looks down.

      I get where you're coming from. I don't think Snow wants to replace Emma, but I know what you mean.

      Whenever the Charmings do anything that sounds or feels parent-like, Emma feels and acts uncomfortable and awkward. When Snow said Emma could call her "mom", when Charming hugged her, when Snow was telling how much she loved her and how much she was proud of her...

      That particular scene in the Echo Caves really showed us how Emma feels about this: awkward. And I hope the writers give us something better than that. Considering how much Snow tries to fix her relationship with Emma, it must have been really hard for her to admit that she wanted another baby because she feels she lost her chance with her now-28-year-old daughter. She poured her heart out saying how much she loves Emma, and how proud she is of her and Emma just stood there, staring into a void, feeling awkward.

      I mean, I expected to see at least some sort of emotion (whether good or bad) when she learned her parents were thinking of having another kid because they wanted an actual go at the whole parenting experience. But all I got was that Emma wanted that whole pouring-emotions-out moment to be over.

      However, I do think that scene was meant to throw those things out in the open. I believe and I hope they will explore the things that were said in that moment later on.

      I am hoping for something more from Emma. But not just yet. Not at that scene.

      I was hoping Emma would remain awkward toward Snow and David. Then all Emma's

      love and emotion finally comes pouring out when she realizes she's going to lose

      her parents. Something Pan said about when leaving she'll be an orphan.

      We all know thats not going to happen from the look of the spoilers

      But I want to see how Pans little game with words plays out

      and in a small way I hope it'll be very emotional like season 2 has been.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:

      I feel like awkward is a complete appropriate response/feeling for Emma to have. She's also not prone to emotional talks or outbursts. I mean, she first met her parents thinking they were equals; the same age, similar experiences, etc. In an instant, her world has been turned around. It's also not been that long since this revelation. (a couple months at best, and they've only been in Neverland a few days)

      Personally, I'd rather see this whole issue and the dynamic strung out for a long, long time. There's a lot to get used to for everyone involved. Emma lived her life thinking she was abandoned, it's quite a shock to find out otherwise. She, and her parents, has to mourn what was lost, and I don't think anyone's truly had time to do so.

      I agree that "awkward" is Emma's go-to feeling in a situation like this. I also think it was an appropriate response, considering how she is not so keen on moments like those.

      It's just that I expected more. And I really really hope the writers give us more than "just awkward". I'm not disappointed or annoyed by how things played out in that scene, though. It would be extremely boring and forced if they fixed everything up promptly. I do think that their dynamic as a family should be something strung out for long and I agree 100% that they haven't had time to mourn what was lost... Which is what I've been waiting for. I'm still waiting for Emma to take on the suggestion Snow made when the curse was broken: to sit down and talk about "it".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Good points. But there's so much going on currently, they really haven't had a free moment to discuss everything.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I love the way they brought Ursula in, having Regina do the villainous things Ursula did and then having the real Ursula confront Regina.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      Then all Emma's love and emotion finally comes pouring out when she realizes she's going to lose her parents. Something Pan said about when leaving she'll be an orphan.

      Do you think the writers will still go there? That's something else I really hope so. I'm hoping Pan will try to keep up his word about that, although I think the writers are gonna need to do more than that if they want to elicit something more than an on-occasion reaction out of Emma. You know what I mean? Her emotions wre already poured out when she called them "mom" and "dad" when she though everybody was dying. But when everything was okay... back to awkwardness.

      Like Utter solitude said, it's a very complicated situation. I believe it needs to be played out slowly.

      Hopefully somewhere along the line, nobody is gonna get kidnapped or fall through a portal and Emma will have the time to sit down and talk with her parents.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really wish Emma would start accepting them as her parents. I get why she isn't, but I wish she would. Parts last season when she kind of would were really cute. I hope that it gets resolved at some point later in the season. I'm guessing it will because of "Lost Girl" and what Pan said to her. We'll have to see, I guess.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Emma will always be that orphan, tho, at least in part. She grew up thinking that. :/

      It's part of who she is, something dynamic and meaningful that shaped her entire life, and she needs to accept it and learn to leave with it, as well as accepting her parents.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I can't help feeling a little disappointed that the Evil Queen used magic to disguise herself as Ursula, who was a character in of herself the whole time. I know that Lana Parilla wanted the role of Ursula as early as episode one of OUAT, and instead of watching Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" to get ideas for the Queen, was instead taking cues from Ursula in "The Little Mermaid" (where Lana got ideas for Regina's wicked cackles and sly, eyebrow-raising grins). Still, despite Lana's long desire for the role, I think it would have been better if the Queen was associated with Ursula instead of pretending to be her.

      Going back to the second episode of Season One ("The Thing You Love Most"), think back to when Regina had a council of yet-to-be-identified fairy tale villains. When I watched that episode, I admittedly thought how cool it would be to see Ursula, who in my mind I envisioned as a realistic version of her Disney look. Just think how creepy and awesome it would be to see an obese, (slimy/scaly) purple-skinned sea hag, which OUAT could have made have nasty black nails and maybe even teeth like a pirahna's for whenever Ursula gave one of her signature smiles, all while a bunch of intimidating tentacles thrived grotesquely all around her. Now THAT would have been cool, and I think a lot of viewers would have enjoyed that more as well.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm sorry, but I disagree with those who say that Hercules and Ariel are cousins. King Triton most likely was not Poseidon's son Triton, because Poseidon's son was a god, not a merman. King Triton is just a mortal merman, who will eventually die. Plus, Hercules and The Little Mermaid are two seperate movies. I think the writers of The Little Mermaid were just getting creative with names. It's more likely that King Triton was just named after Poseidon's son. However, OUAT does like to put characters together, like Rumpel being the Beast and the Crocodile, and Cora being the miller's daughter and the Queen of Hearts, so we'll wait and see...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WalterEDisney wrote:
      I'm sorry, but I disagree with those who say that Hercules and Ariel are cousins. King Triton most likely was not Poseidon's son Triton, because Poseidon's son was a god, not a merman.

      The source of that belief comes from the original draft of The Little Mermaid, in it, Triton and Ursula are brother and sister, children of Poseidon. This was dropped from the final movie, but is still a present element in the Broadway musical.

      This could still be a fact in OUaT, however, as the show picks and chooses what elements it wants.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I just watched this episode and it was amazing! But I was just wondering on why haven't Regina told the Ariel escape plan when Tinkerbell's asking them to provide one? Am I missing something here?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Idobelieveinfairies wrote:
      I just watched this episode and it was amazing! But I was just wondering on why haven't Regina told the Ariel escape plan when Tinkerbell's asking them to provide one? Am I missing something here?

      I think Regina and Rumple sent Ariel to Storybrooke to retrieve the wraith medallion.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      I think Regina and Rumple sent Ariel to Storybrooke to retrieve the wraith medallion.

      The wraith medallion, is somewhere in the Enchanted Forest.... if it still exists.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Idobelieveinfairies wrote:
      But I was just wondering on why haven't Regina told the Ariel escape plan when Tinkerbell's asking them to provide one? Am I missing something here?

      Maybe she thought of it during her conversation with Rumple. But I believe that mermaids can take others with them through portals, but they can bring stuff. So they still have to figure a way to get off the islands, and that's where Neal is for now.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • ChocolatEyes613 wrote:
      XxBadWolfxX wrote:

      I think Regina and Rumple sent Ariel to Storybrooke to retrieve the wraith medallion.

      The wraith medallion, is somewhere in the Enchanted Forest.... if it still exists.

      Oh I thought Rumple still had his. Oops o: Anyway I just saw the Dark shadow sneak peek

      and think its something different. And it includes fairy dust?? Not sure.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • They are going to capture him in the genie's lamp, by transforming Gepetto's doll parents into living dolls xD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Regina as Ursula was brilliant! She sounded just like her!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I KNOW WHAT REGINA AND GOLD ARE GETTING!!!!!!!!! I saw the poster here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYpeK9ECUAAL6YO.jpg:large

      Speaking of Greek mythology! ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • SergeiBorokov1 wrote:
      I KNOW WHAT REGINA AND GOLD ARE GETTING!!!!!!!!! I saw the poster here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYpeK9ECUAAL6YO.jpg:large

      Speaking of Greek mythology! ;)

      Also, for discussion on pandora's box, you may also post on this thread here. :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Applegirl wrote:
      SergeiBorokov1 wrote:
      I KNOW WHAT REGINA AND GOLD ARE GETTING!!!!!!!!! I saw the poster here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYpeK9ECUAAL6YO.jpg:largeSpeaking of Greek mythology! ;)
      Also, for discussion on pandora's box, you may also post on this thread here. :)

      Thanks :D

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Pleased at these little references to Greek Mythology with Pandora's Box. How strange that we were discussing this sort of thing a little further up the thread. Still, wouldn't like to see a whole host of powerful Gods on Mount Olympus. Although I could handle a sort of Clash of the Titan's-esque story. Basically the Gods were the original power long before even Zoso but people stopped believing in them, so their power weakened til they faded, and now they have found a way to gain power and dominion over humans again, that is how they could perhaps bring Hercules in (either in flash back or some sort of suspended animation/ressurrection deal) Anyway, I have just realised that this is an Ariel thread so this is irrelevent here, but happy to discuss this further in another thread.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think this show should stick to more fairly tale story lines and not delve too deep into Greek mythology. After all, Greece is a place in this world, and the show is about fairy tales and things close to it. I think with Ursula, goddess of the sea, King Midas, the Pegasus sail, and Pandora's box is enough greek references.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well there's already a Victorian England world, so why not a Greece one? After all, it would be cool to see the Underworld, since OUAT already has a Netherworld. In addition, if anyone looked at Jefferson's Portal of Doors, one looks very much like it could lead to somewhere like Mount Olympus.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Princess Alessandra wrote:
      AppleTree23 wrote:
      I'm sure Regina is disgusted as Ursula. Actually, in the first draft of TLM it's told that Ursula is Ariel's aunt (Triton's sister) but apparently Disney cut it for time (or something like that). I'm very interested to see thier take on the story. Also, side note, techinically Hercules and Ariel and cousins. If they ever addressed that it would be amazing XD 
      At first the 'Ariel and Hercules are cousins' threw me, then I got it. Although that would be amazing if they could pull that off I just can't see it happening. Poseidon is the ruler of the ocean, according to Greek mythology and the brother of Zeus (Hercules' Father) but the ruler of Atlantica (and perhaps according to Disney's TLM, the entire ocean) and Ariel's Father is called King Triton. They could easily cross these characters over and make Triton both an Ocean God (Poseidon) hence making him the God of Thunder's brother and Ariel's Father. The reason I doubt it will happen is because I can't see them delving into Greek mythology (as much as I want them to) and they may not even feature King Triton (perhaps hopefully saving the Poseidon angle for later) 

      @AppleTree23 despite being cut from the movie, the whole Ursula is Ariel's aunt thing is canon and official, since it was included in the Broadway version of the movie.


      @Princess Alessandra I may be wrong about this, but in an episode of the Little Mermaid cartoon from the mid-90's, Triton gets turned into a tween and Ariel has to babysit him, he calls his father Poseidon, so Ariel is actually Hercules' second cousin. And tbh, I'd rather see a Hercules/Aladdin cross-over like in their respective shows when Jafar and Hades teamed up to destroy them both.

      Also, I really hope they introduce Tarzan at some point. I need a man in a loincloth on this show. LBR

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WalterEDisney wrote:
      I'm sorry, but I disagree with those who say that Hercules and Ariel are cousins. King Triton most likely was not Poseidon's son Triton, because Poseidon's son was a god, not a merman. King Triton is just a mortal merman, who will eventually die. Plus, Hercules and The Little Mermaid are two seperate movies. I think the writers of The Little Mermaid were just getting creative with names. It's more likely that King Triton was just named after Poseidon's son. However, OUAT does like to put characters together, like Rumpel being the Beast and the Crocodile, and Cora being the miller's daughter and the Queen of Hearts, so we'll wait and see...

      Obviously Disney movies aren't always true to their source material. And TLM fairy tale isn't from Greek Mythology, but the original idea for the movie (which was later carried into the Broadway musical) was that he was the son of Poseidon. This was also directly stated in an episode of TLM cartoon. Whether this was just some random Merman named Poseidon or the actual god of the seas is unknown, but it's been confirmed canonically that both Ursula and Triton are children of a man named Poseidon.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You are correct, it was based on the fairy tale, not Greek mythology, but the movie and the show are different. Different writers, different directors, in essence, the people who made the movie had no idea someone would make a show and turn Triton into a child, then give him that line. They also made Ursula and Triton unrelated in the movie for a reason. I don't know what it is, they just decided not to. It could be that it would be weird if she were Ariel's aunt, or that they're different species (cecealia - half human, half octopus, and merman). Either way, because of the differences and inconsistencies, facts stated in musicals, shows, or sequels aren't taken into account by me. For example, the way I see it: Ariel and Wendy have no daughters, the stepmother never stole the wand, and the village girl from the Jungle Book doesn't have a name. I'm a Disney purist, just listen to the original movies. But I'm sorry, I'm not saying your wrong. That's the beauty of the wonderful world of Disney! Everyone can have their own opinions and interpretations! I just mean that if someone asked me personally, "Is Triton Poseidon's son?" or "Is Ursula Ariel's aunt?" I would say no, because I base my Disney facts on the original movie because, as I previously stated, other things are inconsistant.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WalterEDisney wrote:
      You are correct, it was based on the fairy tale, not Greek mythology, but the movie and the show are different. Different writers, different directors, in essence, the people who made the movie had no idea someone would make a show and turn Triton into a child, then give him that line. They also made Ursula and Triton unrelated in the movie for a reason. I don't know what it is, they just decided not to. It could be that it would be weird if she were Ariel's aunt, or that they're different species (cecealia - half human, half octopus, and merman). Either way, because of the differences and inconsistencies, facts stated in musicals, shows, or sequels aren't taken into account by me. For example, the way I see it: Ariel and Wendy have no daughters, the stepmother never stole the wand, and the village girl from the Jungle Book doesn't have a name. I'm a Disney purist, just listen to the original movies. But I'm sorry, I'm not saying your wrong. That's the beauty of the wonderful world of Disney! Everyone can have their own opinions and interpretations! I just mean that if someone asked me personally, "Is Triton Poseidon's son?" or "Is Ursula Ariel's aunt?" I would say no, because I base my Disney facts on the original movie because, as I previously stated, other things are inconsistant.

      Well, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. :) I just think that even though it's unsaid in the movie, it's still there since it was one of the original ideas... But that's just me.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.