FANDOM


  • I'm very disappointed of the Red Queen. And this is mostly because of the actress. For me they casted an extremely untalented, but not even pretty actress. Her portrayal of that character is a JOKE. Additionally her dresses seem pretty cheap and she is.. I don't even know a word for that. But yeah, I'm not that happy about the spin-off overall. Most characters are not relatable and somehow I'm really confused about the timeline. The only one I really like is Alice. She seems pretty cool but I'm not happy with her adventure being based on a love story. Cyrus seems like a cool guy, too. And Jafar is a great villain, but I want to know so much more about him and Agrabah and I'm dying to see Aladdin.. But yeah.. NOT THAT HAPPY ABOUT THE SHOW. And most importantly: I want Barbara Hershey as the Queen of Hearts.. :(

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • My thoughts exactly. I posted about this on the Once Wonderland wikia before they took down the forum (they're merging that wikia with this one; how about merging the forum threads too?). I don't care too much for Once Wonderland. The storyline is boring and the characters have no depth. The lovefest between Alice & Cyrus is even more eye rolling than the lovefest between Snow & Charming. In fact, some of their love actually seems forced. The Red Queen has no purpose other than the fact that Wonderland is her domain (not to mention, she's weak, quirky and totally unbelievable as a Queen; the entire character is laughable, especially in comparison to Regina). Jafar is more important to the story than the Red Queen and he's not even from Wonderland. And every interaction between them seems forced. The CGI Rabbit is just about the only good thing about the show. They should switch him to OUAT. The entire show is lacking the fire that OUAT has. OUAT gave a realistic portrayal of fairytale characters. They even made a modern day city just as important to the plot as fairytale land. In fact, sometimes you forget that these characters came from a fairytale land because they're so different from stereotypical fairytale characters. Wonderland is just too fairytale for me.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Lol i find her sooo funny JAFAAAAAR YOU NEED MEE JAFAAAAAAR

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think many people automatically compare her to Regina. That's not fair because Regina is a unique character and so is the Red Queen. And I actually enjoyed the way she is portrayed...not offensive and quiet. This makes me want to know more about her and how she became queen.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I never compared her to Regina. Why would I? I just don't like her. The actress is not talented enough to portray that kind of a villain. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't think it's the actress' problem, as I quite enjoy her scenesXD It's about the character, and her personality created by the production team. The Red Queen is intended to be weak, people just don't buy the idea that such a weak woman can also be a queen. Well, it's too early to say she is a joke, because we don't know much about the character yet. Can't wait to see her backstory.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Sorry, but for me it is the actress. Just my opinion, but I don't like her. She's not good enough, FOR ME. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I didn't like her in the pilot, but in the second episode she became more likable and I have a feeling that it will get better and better as story progresses. She is totally different villain from those we have had a chance to see in both shows. She is calm and quiet, she seems to be weak compared to Jaffar but even though she succeeded to take the throne and Wonderland for herself (as she said so in the second episode). She also found a way to make herself equal to Jaffar even though she started as his pawn. As for actress that portrays her, I have a feeling that she is miscast, the same way as Michael is miscast as grown up Baelfire. But in Red Queen's case, we just have to wait and see, some actors need more time to bond with characters they portray, this is only her second episode on the show.

      As for Jaffar, I liked him very much in the pilot, but he started going on my nerves with all those choking and things. He looks like a spoiled brat and i can't stand him at all. Too bad there is no Queen of Hearts anymore so she can say "Off with his head".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I feel it's too early to judge Jafar or the Red Queen much, although I will admit their interactions do seem forced and I was like, "C'mon dude, that, seriously?" when he choked Cyrus' master in Agrabah...like, so expected...do something new :|

      Aside from that though..I do rather like Jafar's character, and I'm open to learning more about the Red Queen. I feel that we can't really judge her much until we've seen her backstory and what made her who she is, because in these shows, that's what really makes a character. 

      As far as Michael being miscast as Nealfire..O_O What makes you say that? I like him :3

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't know, I feel like he is out of the place. I don't have a feeling that Bae and Neal are the same person, I expected him to be badass but he is somehow meh . Emma/Bae relationship could've been the highlight of the series but unfortunately it's not.

      Same goes for Red Queen, it seems like she doesn't belong to this show. But as i said, it is too early so we just have to wait and see how things are going to work out.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I get the impression she's supposed to be a young, spoiled brat with a huge ego. She's kinda like the Wonderland equivalent of the highschool cheerleader. In that respect, the actress is pretty perfect.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I didn't like the Red Queen just because of who she is based off of. I never read Through the Looking Glass, but I have read about it, and the Red Queen. She never seemed weak to me, and the one in OUATW does

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Red Queen to me is really not much of a villain.   She reminds me of a plastic or a mean girl more than anything else, and as of yet has not shown any sort of villainy that would make her remotely close to the likes of Jafar, Regina, or Cora.  

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I do like the Red Queen, the actor, how she looks. But I'm really disappointed in her role as a villain, she's the Red Queen she's supposed to be the strongest but the minute Jafar does something she gives in. If Jafar had done something when she visited the dungeon then she also would have handed over the bottle.

      On a side note, I think that the Red Queen is Anastasia. The name fits her character and I could imagine her and Knave to have been in a relationship. Maybe at first like Regina had with Graham but then later developed into a more serious one.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I do like the Red Queen, the actor, how she looks. But I'm really disappointed in her role as a villain, she's the Red Queen she's supposed to be the strongest but the minute Jafar does something she gives in. If Jafar had done something when she visited the dungeon then she also would have handed over the bottle.

      On a side note, I think that the Red Queen is Anastasia. The name fits her character and I could imagine her and Knave to have been in a relationship. Maybe at first like Regina had with Graham but then later developed into a more serious one.

      I read somewhere, I wanna say in a plot summary for one of the upcoming episodes, that she has feelings for the Knave. 

      Interesting theory!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I do like the Red Queen, the actor, how she looks. But I'm really disappointed in her role as a villain, she's the Red Queen she's supposed to be the strongest but the minute Jafar does something she gives in. If Jafar had done something when she visited the dungeon then she also would have handed over the bottle.

      On a side note, I think that the Red Queen is Anastasia. The name fits her character and I could imagine her and Knave to have been in a relationship. Maybe at first like Regina had with Graham but then later developed into a more serious one.


      OMG, you're psychic. xD Anyway, the Red Queen is more likeable to me after episode 3. :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I really like the actress, I think she plays the character very good and after 103 I think she is very authentic as a young girl rising to power and most likly been corrupted by it. And - as a non native speaker of the english language - I don't know where she comes from, but I love her pronounciation, I could listen to her for hours, even if she only reads a telephonebook.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think most people were to quick with judging her. She only had appeared in two episodes, and now with some background on her, the character can develop some more, as well as the actress.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I was indifferent about her until episode three, now I'm starting to see potential in the character. Also, if I had to choose between them, I'd take the Red Queen over Regina at this point. I can't stand the latter. I hope they don't do to Anastasia what they did to Regina, I don't want to end of loathing her too.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I'm beginning to find her more tolerable, although whether that's because of an improvement of writing or the fact that I've been straight up making up backstory and rewriting her in my head because her appearances in the first two episodes pissed me off so much is up for debate. 

      Completely rolling my eyes at the Anastasia thing, though. I proposed it while watching the third episode as a joke, and then it was actually a thing. -_-

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TNOandXadric wrote:

      Completely rolling my eyes at the Anastasia thing, though. I proposed it while watching the third episode as a joke, and then it was actually a thing. -_-

      This is the internet, everything is a thing. I've already seen it theorized in other places that the Red Queen is either the Anastasia from Cinderella, or Anastasia Romanov.

      Cuz, you know, that makes sense. >.>

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well, I'm all for crack theories on the internet—what else is it for?—but seeing them canonized is really disconcerting.

      It's like the difference between deciding in my head that Grendel was the Duchess's husband/cook because what else am I supposed to conclude from an extended scene in a kitchen in Wonderland? and deciding in my head that Cora and the RQ had occasional violent hatesex because why not?

      The first is a legit theory, the second came out of random silliness with my OUaT friend before the pilot even aired. And the conversation where I called the RQ being Anastasia went along the lines of "hah, what if she's Anastasia and that's why they made a big deal of not showing flashback!Ana's face—how contrived would that be?" and then at the end it actually happened.

      It just seems gimmick-y instead of based in even the tenuous kind of logic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TNOandXadric wrote:
      Well, I'm all for crack theories on the internet—what else is it for?—but seeing them canonized is really disconcerting.

      It's like the difference between deciding in my head that Grendel was the Duchess's husband/cook because what else am I supposed to conclude from an extended scene in a kitchen in Wonderland? and deciding in my head that Cora and the RQ had occasional violent hatesex because why not?

      The first is a legit theory, the second came out of random silliness with my OUaT friend before the pilot even aired. And the conversation where I called the RQ being Anastasia went along the lines of "hah, what if she's Anastasia and that's why they made a big deal of not showing flashback!Ana's face—how contrived would that be?" and then at the end it actually happened.

      It just seems gimmick-y instead of based in even the tenuous kind of logic.

      While all your points are marvelous and valid, this is the Internet. It defies logic.

      Whatever crazy thing there is, it already exists, and there's porn for it. And if there's not, there will be soon.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rule 34, and all.

      But the show itself isn't the internet, and I do demand internal sense from my television shows. I mean, it's Wonderland, it doesn't have to be 100% logical, but there's a point at which new plot twists become suspension of disbelief-breaking.

      It would be like if instead of Regina being Regina she turned out to be Marian only eeeeeevil now. Or something.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • But those kinds of things won't happen on the show, ya know?

      However, outside of that, in crazy people's minds, someone's already theorized your crazy example XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Except they did happen, because the Red Queen actually is Anastasia.

      (and also bharjha;kjfalfjk but Marian's dead, silly denizens of the internet)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TNOandXadric wrote:
      Except they did happen, because the Red Queen actually is Anastasia.

      (and also bharjha;kjfalfjk but Marian's dead, silly denizens of the internet)

      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO XD

      IS she dead!? (See? crazy theories always have reasons why they can be true)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OH OF COURSE HOW SILLY OF ME

      see, Marian didn't die in childbirth. Roland was secretly the antichrist or whatever the fairytale equivalent thereof, and she realized this and because she loved the little monsterfetus so much, she made a deal with Rumpelstiltskin behind Robin's back to transfer the eeeeeevil onto her so Roland could have a good, innocent life frolicking with his True Love!

      this had the unfortunate side effect of turning her eeeeevil and giving her magic powers and making her want to change her name to Regina—it's more befitting a power hungry demonspawn, you know—so when Roland was born she faked the dead and killed the daughter of Cora Mills so she could steal her identity.

      Makes perfect sense.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • My theory exactly!

      And that baby.... is PAN! (timetravel, you know)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • nonono, Peter Pan is Roland's time-displaced identical twin. Peter was born first, and Rumpel does love collecting firstborns, right? Only after Rumpel took baby!Peter home, Belle found out and got really mad, so Rumpel told her he'd give the baby back BUT REALLY he threw him into a cabinet full of time turners that he stole from the Ministry of Magic.

      Because he's also secretly that death eater with the baby head. Duh.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Oh that makes so much more sense!

      There's also the fact that Rumple is his own grandfather...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Rumpel is everybody's grandfather.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For return to the subject! :3 I adore the Red Queen, particulary her story with Knaves! Really adorable and interresting!

      I saw (Not here) some people judging Emma (The actress) because she have big lips. I just want to mentionned it's not because someone have big lips that's mean they used botox! u.u 

      + She is very good actress! We really saw the difference between Anastasia and the Queen! Completely two differente personn!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Thought I'd explain this just in case people still don't understand the Red Queen. The Red Queen is not met to be a Regina-type villian. The Red Queen is a chess master villian. This is a type of villian who manipulates everyone around them to acheive their goals. We saw in the second episode how she even bested Jafar, using her wit, while Jafar can only use brute force (through Vadar strangle) when he wants something. This is especially good as the Red Queen (in both her original version in Through the Looking Glass, and in this show) is based on an actual chess piece (the queen, of course), which they allude to in her chess piece shaped castle. Also, side note, the Queen of Hearts is based on the playing card of the same name, but most of you probably realized that seeing as how in the animated Disney film, the guards were actually shaped like playing cards.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She's not very good at it, though, is the thing. While she's managed to get her footing, mostly, in "Forget Me Knot," the first two episodes were mainly her clinging to her position by her fingernails and then immediately gloating when she gets a tiny bit of leverage over Jafar (and honestly, based on what we've seen of him, she's lucky he didn't strangle it out of her). She's trying to be a chessmaster without the prerequisite "ten steps ahead of everyone else" part.

      I mean, when I think of successful chessmasters, I think James Moriarty or Havelock Vetinari or Iago or OUaT!Rumpelstiltskin, or even Regina when she's on her game ("Fruit of the Poisonous Tree," for example) who would never put themselves in the situation where someone would have the reason or means to choke them unless it led to significant benefit for whatever they were doing, and then they wouldn't be surprised that it happened.

      OUaTiW's Red Queen is also shockingly unlike her literary counterpart, since book!Red Queen was bossy and standoffish and generally plowed through any disagreements by sheer force of personality. (and was also not a villain)

      She's growing on me, though. She seems like she's just recently taken power and is still figuring out how it works, which is interesting, and from what we've seen of her she's got a fast learning curve, so maybe by the end of the season she'll be a fully realized chessmaster.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • TNOandXadric wrote:
      She's not very good at it, though, is the thing. While she's managed to get her footing, mostly, in "Forget Me Knot," the first two episodes were mainly her clinging to her position by her fingernails and then immediately gloating when she gets a tiny bit of leverage over Jafar (and honestly, based on what we've seen of him, she's lucky he didn't strangle it out of her). She's trying to be a chessmaster without the prerequisite "ten steps ahead of everyone else" part.

      I mean, when I think of successful chessmasters, I think James Moriarty or Havelock Vetinari or Iago or OUaT!Rumpelstiltskin, or even Regina when she's on her game ("Fruit of the Poisonous Tree," for example) who would never put themselves in the situation where someone would have the reason or means to choke them unless it led to significant benefit for whatever they were doing, and then they wouldn't be surprised that it happened.

      OUaTiW's Red Queen is also shockingly unlike her literary counterpart, since book!Red Queen was bossy and standoffish and generally plowed through any disagreements by sheer force of personality. (and was also not a villain)

      She's growing on me, though. She seems like she's just recently taken power and is still figuring out how it works, which is interesting, and from what we've seen of her she's got a fast learning curve, so maybe by the end of the season she'll be a fully realized chessmaster.

      But maybe she wants to be underestimated as part of her master plan. We won't know how much she's manipulating people, until after her end game is revealed. One doesn't win a game of chess in one move after all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I still have my doubts about the Red Queen, her threat doesn't feel ...well like a Threat, she seems so vulnerable, she is just a spoiled woman rather than a fearful menace. 

      But we have only seen  like 3 episodes so she still have episodes left to proof us she can be an Interesting and Important Villian as Regina or Jafar.

      P.S. I am not an English speaker, but I find EVERYONE's British Accent annoying, forced and fake, i don't know if the main actors are british, but the Red Queen's accent is the most annoying of them all.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I think Knave has the most annoying accent. Hook also says bloody hell, but Knave literly says it in every sentence. So annoying. However I don't find Anastasia's voice annoying.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I think Knave has the most annoying accent. Hook also says bloody hell, but Knave literly says it in every sentence. So annoying. However I don't find Anastasia's voice annoying.


      lol Hook "bloody hell" sounds sexy, Knave's "bloody hell" it does sound annoying. I think what bothers me about Anastasia is when she says "Jafaaaah" 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I think Knave has the most annoying accent. Hook also says bloody hell, but Knave literly says it in every sentence. So annoying. However I don't find Anastasia's voice annoying.

      What's unfortunate about that is... that's how Michael Socha talks in real life, the constant cursing. XD Seriously, check out some of his interviews from Being Human XD

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yes, all actors are British, except Sophie (Alice) she's Australian but born in England. I find Red Queen's voice and accent extremely annoying, the others are fine.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • OncerX wrote:
      Yes, all actors are British, except Sophie (Alice) she's Australian but born in England. I find Red Queen's voice and accent extremely annoying, the others are fine.

      Yes, I know, I meant the cursing and manner of speaking, not the accent. 

      I like the Red Queen's voice... she sounds spoiled and bored, and it's coming across better now that we're getting to know the character better. The argument above about her being a "wannabe chessmaster" is spot on, and feel Emma Rigby is getting better at playing that every week.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I also like Red Queen's voice. It fits her. She speaks in a way that she thinks she's the best in everything etc. I also like the voice of White Rabbit by John Lithgow. I always remember him as Dick from 3rd Rock from the Sun, so I always have to laugh about his complaining sounding voice.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Utter solitude wrote:
      OncerX wrote:
      Yes, all actors are British, except Sophie (Alice) she's Australian but born in England. I find Red Queen's voice and accent extremely annoying, the others are fine.
      Yes, I know, I meant the cursing and manner of speaking, not the accent. 

      I like the Red Queen's voice... she sounds spoiled and bored, and it's coming across better now that we're getting to know the character better. The argument above about her being a "wannabe chessmaster" is spot on, and feel Emma Rigby is getting better at playing that every week.


      I think we all still have a crush on Regina, and maybe this is why we find the Red Queen annoying, not because a bad acting but because is a new character and we are not used to her,  I hope she eventually win our hearts just like Regina did.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • DarKingdomHearts wrote:
      I also like Red Queen's voice. It fits her. She speaks in a way that she thinks she's the best in everything etc. I also like the voice of White Rabbit by John Lithgow. I always remember him as Dick from 3rd Rock from the Sun, so I always have to laugh about his complaining sounding voice.

      You know, when I first read that Lithgow was going to be the Rabbit's voice, I was a little concerned. I assumed there would be some kind of comedy twist with the character (I mean, it is John Lithgow!) However, I find myself extremely impressed by his work! He's great. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it. I'm even excited to hear Whoopi Goldberg as his wife.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Fractuared Fairytales wrote:
      I get the impression she's supposed to be a young, spoiled brat with a huge ego. She's kinda like the Wonderland equivalent of the highschool cheerleader. In that respect, the actress is pretty perfect.


      Haha I'm so glad somebody said this.  I was talking about this at work the other day and I said that The Red Queen reminds me of your essential highschool mean girl.  I'm still not sold on Jafar yet either.  I'm trying really hard to give this show a shot, but this show hasn't truly grabbed me yet.  I'll still see it through till the end of this season atleast.


      LOVE John Lithgow as the White Rabbit!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • In the episode "Who's Alice" I'm glad they finally show her using more magic.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The actress who potray's The Red Queen is a very talented actress. She grew up on British tv and was in shows such as Hollyoakes and she potrayed an amazing part in 2011 in Prisoners Wives.

      She hasnt failed as The Red Queen, but the writers haven't wrote wonderland aswell as they have written Once Upon a Time. Personally I believe the creators have casted the wrong actors for the characters and the only two actors that fit into their roles perfectly are Jafar and Cyrus. It isnt the actors but the writing and the directors who are at fault.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • you've gotta think aswell. The Red Queen isnt supposed to be like Regina or Cora, she is meant to be a young woman who desired wealth and power but got in over her head.

      She has gotten involved with men like Jarfar who knows magic that i guess she could only dream about and she is defacto Monarch of Wonderland (or atleast a large part of it) and she clearly doesn't have a clue how to rule and is barely keeping hold of the support of those keeping her in power.

      She is supposed to be portayed the way Emma Rigby is but the writers and producers are taken too long to show her backstory in full and the writers of Supernatural did the exact same mistake with Bela Talbot (Lauren Cohan). This forced the writers to write the character out before the character found her feet on the show with the fans.

      We need to see more into this theory that Anastacia learned magic from Cora herself and we despertaly need to see what happend to Anastacia's husband The King. Also the question that we are all asking.... Did Cora rule a different part of Wonderland during The King's reign or was Cora his first wife before Anastacia? But if she was his first wife, then how did she teach Anastacia magic before she left for the Enchanted Forest?

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Red Queen is starting to grow on me. I love how she can be threatening and menacing while being calm and condescending. And I like how she's different from Regina and Cora. She's still trying to figure out her role as Queen, especially when it comes to partnerships and the like with other people of power, like Jafar. And it seems she hasn't forgotten that she used to be a beggar. I like that statement she made that she wasn't always the Queen so she knows what she's doing (in reference to finding Cyrus; she also backhanded her servant which was funny as hell!). As long as they don't make her weak and shit like they did in the very first episode.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She is the best character of the series. The two last episode were less good for me because we didn't saw her a lot.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • For me they casted an extremely untalented

      I just want the face of everyone who said that after 1x08. Omg, Emma was WONDERFUL!

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Ariee wrote: For me they casted an extremely untalented

      I just want the face of everyone who said that after 1x08. Omg, Emma was WONDERFUL!

      I loved the Red Queen during W108, she was wonderful ;)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She was! I loved the entire episode, and everything about it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Me too! I really like that she immediately admitted to Will that she needs him. Since last episode she is my favourite character! :)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Killian Jones wrote:

      Ariee wrote: For me they casted an extremely untalented

      I just want the face of everyone who said that after 1x08. Omg, Emma was WONDERFUL!

      I loved the Red Queen during W108, she was wonderful ;)

      Yes, she was. I liked the vulernability in her confession to Will and how she broke down. It was sad to watch, but i liked how it fit the character. We've never seen that kind of desperation come unmasked on her as Red Queen before.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • The Red Queen has improved for me as well. If Wonderland is renewed for a second season, I think a lot of the focus is going to shift to her and her reunion with Will.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Emma Rigby: from "the awful untalented actress with duck lips" to "Screw this GAVE HER A HAPPY ENDING NOW".

      She has improved a lot. I enjoy her much more than Alice. The torture scene of 1x10 and any scene involving her feelings for Will are just heartbreaking

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I only didn't like her in the first episode. But she is now my favorite character. First it was Lizard but they just decided to kill her off, and to make it worse, also cut her eyes out >:( how disrespectful. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree with SlayerNina, the writers were smart to switch the red queens personality to one pretty much concentrating on will, and ashamed of her past with him and as a queen, and hopefully will be either restored as wonderlands queen, or join the cast of the mother show along with Will (Alice and Cyrus' story could end in wonderland).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't think it was Emma's acting that made people dislike the Red Queen... it was the awful writing

      It seems that the last three episodes have really improved the character and Emma can really introduce a vulnerable youung woman who played with fire and got burnt. 

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She is kind of pathetic, isn't she? Say what you want about Regina, but at least she has the charisma, personality and presence to carry her through the last three seasons. If anything, Regina is the single most developed character. And Cora, one of the other monarchs of Wonderland, is unapologetically evil and makes that clear to everybody. No "boo-hoo, my life sucks and it's some random girl's fault" here.

      Lets check here: She manipulates her boyfriend into stealing from an evil sorceress at the risk of his safety and life, has him abandon their own world to a world they know absolutely nothing about with nothing but the clothes on their backs, makes him steal again in order to be a part of a party full of snobs that shame both of them out, ignores her boyfriend's plees not to steals royal jewels from a palace, abandones him ias the new queen without so much as an "I'm sorry", ignores the plees of her subjects, deliberatly ruins the lives of many innocent people (the White Rabbit and his family, Alice, Cyrus, etc.) and does it all because she wanted to make Will love her. MAKE him! And yet she has the gaul to say that Alice is "childish" and "always thinking of herself".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Erebus Elysium wrote: Say what you want about Regina, but at least she has the charisma, personality and presence to carry her through the last three seasons. If anything, Regina is the single most developed character. And Cora, one of the other monarchs of Wonderland, is unapologetically evil and makes that clear to everybody. No "boo-hoo, my life sucks and it's some random girl's fault" here.

      I agree with this. Regina even said it herself in the last episode. She's not proud of some of the things she's done but at least she owns it.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Budloopy4 wrote:
      I agree with SlayerNina, the writers were smart to switch the red queens personality to one pretty much concentrating on will, and ashamed of her past with him and as a queen, and hopefully will be either restored as wonderlands queen, or join the cast of the mother show along with Will (Alice and Cyrus' story could end in wonderland).

      I don't think they switched anything LOL it seems like it was always the plan to have Ana go through this sort of redeeming shift in my opinion. And yes, all the pouting and "Darling" and crap got annoying until we found out she had a past with Will and she started stuttering and being quiet and giving these mysterious looks. I did like that, honestly.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I agree. She only seemed annoying at first because she was acting the way she thought a queen should act. Her personality is completely different before she became queen. But when Jafar goes overboard and attacks in Home, she starts to shed her faux personality and when you see her in episodes 9 through 13, she's acting like her true self.

      By the way, in Trust Me, did anyone else notice Jafar sexually harass Ana after he freed her from his immobilization spell. It looks like he grabbed her butt.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • WorldHopper22 wrote:
      I agree. She only seemed annoying at first because she was acting the way she thought a queen should act. Her personality is completely different before she became queen. But when Jafar goes overboard and attacks in Home, she starts to shed her faux personality and when you see her in episodes 9 through 13, she's acting like her true self.

      By the way, in Trust Me, did anyone else notice Jafar sexually harass Ana after he freed her from his immobilization spell. It looks like he grabbed her butt.

      I didn't notice that. I'll rewatch at some point lol But considering he DID make her fall in love with him Princess Jasmine style in the final episode, I'd not be surprised if he did.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Now that I look back on this, I'm thinking that the Red Queen was acting the way she was because Cora. Cora must have told her that that's how queens are supposed to act.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Episode 9 she sort of retained part of her faux personality but was a little more honest and true. In Heart of the matter she definitely was herself.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I remember that I thought Emma Rigby did a very bad job in the first two episodes. But then I watched the flashback story in the third episode, from before Anastasia became the Red Queen, and here, she played her beautifully. I also think she did a very good job with the character after Anastasia stopped acting like a brat and began to redeem herself.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Nightlily wrote:
      I remember that I thought Emma Rigby did a very bad job in the first two episodes. But then I watched the flashback story in the third episode, from before Anastasia became the Red Queen, and here, she played her beautifully. I also think she did a very good job with the character after Anastasia stopped acting like a brat and began to redeem herself.

      In a way Emma Rigby was a genius, because she was acting like she was acting, which is exactly what her character was doing.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • She was awesome as Anastasia

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • CoolDudeAl wrote:
      Nightlily wrote:
      I remember that I thought Emma Rigby did a very bad job in the first two episodes. But then I watched the flashback story in the third episode, from before Anastasia became the Red Queen, and here, she played her beautifully. I also think she did a very good job with the character after Anastasia stopped acting like a brat and began to redeem herself.
      In a way Emma Rigby was a genius, because she was acting like she was acting, which is exactly what her character was doing.

      Yes, exactly! That's precisely what I was thinking.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.