FANDOM


  • Okay I know this may sound weird but here me out. Since animals seem to remember the Enchanted Forest and people stuck in animal form seem to remember too given what Regina said about Maleficent. What if that wolf that appears to Emma is none other than a fairytale character trapped in his/her transformed state.

    One character that currently comes to mind is the titular White Wolf. A prince with an enchanted wolf pelt that allows him to transform at will that makes a deal with a king that ends up costing the king his youngest daughter.(the daughter is the main protagonist though) What do guys think?

      Preparing Editor Spell
    • I don't know who this white wolf guy is but I've also wondered what was up with the wolf. but remember Grahm or however you pronounce his name, was always concerned about the wolves. maybe that wolf was just a way to make sure she was there? I think we'll see it again and it will be emma's "guardian".

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • I've been chewing on this as well. Whoever the wolf is, it didn't want Emma to leave. 

      I've been trying to think of who would want her to stay, or at least have enough influence to make it happen and send a wolf to do it.

      Perhaps it is a weak magic from the Forest or the spirit of it that the Curse didn't completely squish.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • IthacaStLondon, I think you may be on to something especially since I believe the full moon was visible in that scene. Perhaps the greek gods are stuck in animal form when brought over, I mean that as a possibility given that gods are supposedly more spiritual than physical(they are both technically). Now that I've made that point, Artemis is the Greek Goddess of the Hunt and the Moon, one of the animals most typically associated with her outside of a hind(deer) is a wolf. Emma has a habit of trying to find people or rather hunt for them... Maybe whatever gods that are from/in the enchanted forest were trying to help Emma.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • This has always bothered me as well. Conversations just after the Pilot episode varied from many wild ideas back then because we knew very little at that point. Several episodes later we would meet Graham's wolf guide, or friend, as Henry would call him. This particular wolf was different from the wolf in the pilot episode as he had different colored eyes, one red and one black, and those colors remained consistant throughout the series, leaving us to believe that they were in fact two different wolves,... but why?

      We all know that Emma had escaped the Dark Curse from birth, as did Henry. So that first night that Emma attempted to leave Storybrooke, we know the Dark Curse had no hold over her at all. So the wolf that appeared in the road, to keep her from leaving, may have been the work of "Fate". Fate was one of the original wild ideas that was passed around at that time, but was so thin then, that most excused it off as uneventful, or lacking luster within this storyline.

      Since the last few episodes, it's become more and more clearer that there is and was another element at work "IN and OUT" of Storybrooke,... fate. It has always been hinted to us in the subtext. But not until "Manhattan" did the subtext become a full fledged character.

      The seer tells us about future things that will be and future things that could be, suggesting the work of fate. Neal makes fate  a complete character when he introduces it to Emma as a reason for their meeting, even though he knew nothing of Henry's existence. He says that there are no coincidences. "Something good had to have come out of our meeting", he tells Emma, who lies to him and responds "No,.. I just went to jail"

      We now know that Rumple could see much, but not all, as he tells Regina the truth about him being just as surprised as she, when he found out Bae' was Henry's father. Mr.Gold then uses the term "Fate" to explain Henry's father being Baelfire.

      So when I look back on that first wolf in the Pilot episode, I'm compelled to believe that it was the writers giving us our first look at "Fate", and the third element, along side good and evil, at work in Storybrooke,..... and yes there was a full moon that night as they were in Wolf's Time Day 1 when Emma tried to leave Storybrooke that first night.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • It can't be just a wolf? Not everything has (or needs to have) some deep hidden meaning. The woods are pretty thick around Storybrooke, and there are wolves known to be in the forests of Maine. (Yes, I know Graham claimed to Emma that there "are no wolves in Storybrooke", but the man can't actually leave town)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JesseJane wrote:
      It can't be just a wolf? Not everything has (or needs to have) some deep hidden meaning. The woods are pretty thick around Storybrooke, and there are wolves known to be in the forests of Maine. (Yes, I know Graham claimed to Emma that there "are no wolves in Storybrooke", but the man can't actually leave town)

      It is hard to know when an event occurs if it has any meaning or is just 'filler. Since the wolf played an important role in keeping Emma in Storybrooke, it is tempting to consider who/what/how it might mean. I know that one of the reasons I am fasinated with OUaT are because of all the possible paths and threads there are.

      Also, Graham saying there are no wolves. -> The Curse didn't just change the memories, but in many cases the false memories caused the person to be the opposite of their true selves, so instead of being a woodsman, Graham may be oblivious to the fauna in the woods. Since time was stopped, how would he know what critters are in there?

      And then again, it could just be a wolf. Pretty one at that.  :-)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • IthacaStLondon wrote:
      JesseJane wrote:
      It can't be just a wolf? Not everything has (or needs to have) some deep hidden meaning. The woods are pretty thick around Storybrooke, and there are wolves known to be in the forests of Maine. (Yes, I know Graham claimed to Emma that there "are no wolves in Storybrooke", but the man can't actually leave town)
      It is hard to know when an event occurs if it has any meaning or is just 'filler. Since the wolf played an important role in keeping Emma in Storybrooke, it is tempting to consider who/what/how it might mean. I know that one of the reasons I am fasinated with OUaT are because of all the possible paths and threads there are.

      Also, Graham saying there are no wolves. -> The Curse didn't just change the memories, but in many cases the false memories caused the person to be the opposite of their true selves, so instead of being a woodsman, Graham may be oblivious to the fauna in the woods. Since time was stopped, how would he know what critters are in there?

      And then again, it could just be a wolf. Pretty one at that.  :-)

      just like Archie and all the other characters with the "filler" part...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JesseJane wrote:
      It can't be just a wolf? Not everything has (or needs to have) some deep hidden meaning. The woods are pretty thick around Storybrooke, and there are wolves known to be in the forests of Maine. (Yes, I know Graham claimed to Emma that there "are no wolves in Storybrooke", but the man can't actually leave town)

      Well before the whole thing with the mines, there were no crickets or something like that or maybe they were still talking about the wolves.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Yeah but the thing with the crickets was required that Archie show some backbone and stand up for himself. Graham met his companion once more but that doesn't explain the wolf that showed up in the pilot. I think there are some characters who suffered in a similar way to Maleficent and that maybe they kept track of time somehow. It just seems too coincidental that a wolf showed up but I highly doubt its fate. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if Rumple planned out someone being stuck in wolf form w/ their memories when cursed. But I could be reaching on Rumple's foresight (Oh the cleverness in that last line)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • "just like Archie and all the other characters with the "filler" part..."

      I hope you don't think I was saying that the recurring characters are filler. I perhaps should have said the wolf may be a red herring, but I want to believe it means more.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Well that you mention it...they kind of are.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • You were just sadly but literally stating the facts.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • JesseJane wrote:
      It can't be just a wolf? Not everything has (or needs to have) some deep hidden meaning. The woods are pretty thick around Storybrooke, and there are wolves known to be in the forests of Maine. (Yes, I know Graham claimed to Emma that there "are no wolves in Storybrooke", but the man can't actually leave town)

      Just two minutes of research would have told you that there is, in fact, NO WOLVES IN MAINE.  The last two "unconfirmed" sightings of any wolves in Maine, occurred in the mid 90's. Wolves in Maine were driven out back in the 1700's. And everything in OUAT has a deeper meaning. Chose to see it or not. It's a free country junior.....

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe it's Akela or one of the other wolves from the Jungle Book. =)

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • AtDoc wrote: Just two minutes of research would have told you that there is, in fact, NO WOLVES IN MAINE.  The last two "unconfirmed" sightings of any wolves in Maine, occurred in the mid 90's. Wolves in Maine were driven out back in the 1700's. And everything in OUAT has a deeper meaning. Chose to see it or not. It's a free country junior.....

      Doc, this is the last straw. I'm blocking you for your terrible, holier-than-thou attitude. Just because you choose to take literally everything said on screen at face value and draw conclusions that way that others don't does NOT, NOT, NOOOOOOTTT make you smarter than anyone else. Please, get over yourself and come back when you're able to have civil debates, if such a time ever comes to pass.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • What if, the wolf is Perdita. She wasn't cursed when The Dark Curse was struck, and Pongo came out of nowhere, but she turned him into a Dalmatian to keep him safe, she was shocked that her deal with the BF paid off. Like Anita is Red's mother, Ruby's whatever. Granny is Nanny. Or, to the big IF. Cruella XD.. nah I mean, okay. One eyes, red and the other is black, while its coat of furr is white. Didn't I read somewhere that the wolf was a symbolic movement of Snow White. But I still think, the wolf could've been Perdita. She could be Granny's first born, older sister to Anita, aunt to Red. Maybe, this is a BIG if, Roger is Red's Father, but since Meghan is going to do her other show. I doubt, she'll get enough screen time now. I don't know why, but I don't think we've seen the wolf since Graham died. I kind of think, since Graham had mentioned he was raised by wolves. I think, he could've been Lucky. But, not-to-lucky when Regina crushed his heart and Emma lost someone she loved. I think, Emma started to love again, but then it was crushed, bcos technically Graham was never going to be Emma's, Regina loved him, but used him to do the EQs dirty work, controlling his heart. But, I still think the wolf could've been Perdita, becos its the same wolf similar to Red's wolf, just more older and looked like it understood who Emma was. I would like to think, Perdita was Graham's mother or at least his Protector. If, Anita was made out at Red's mother, it'll make sense why Pongo would be a Dalmatian trapped in that form, instead of the wolf form, bcos his curse has to be broken. My guess is, Pongo needs his True Love. XD or maybe, I've totally lost my mind and I'm insane. Because this will never happen, yet Pongo's true form could be a wolf and not a Dalmatian. Anyone else think so, because then maybe Regina was responsible for why she took Graham, why she brought Pongo to LWM. She killed him because he was starting to remember who he once, was, and if he saw Pongo. Well, Graham was Lucky, at first. Not the dog, he was lucky when Regina didn't kill him the day, he let Snow go, he took a pigs heart and not Snows, so in time, Graham became a slave to Regina. Like a pet, like her minion that obeyed her every move, no matter bcos if he betrayed The Evil Queen, she would kill him.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Maybe was a writers' mistake...

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Those wolves might be talking animals keeping it a secret from the savior until the time is right.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Had it stopped with the Wolf in the pilot, I would likely mark it as 'coincidence'. (though we all know there is no such thing, right?)

      As someone pointed out earlier, Graham's wolf friend was a different wolf, as can be seen in the eyes, and was related to Graham's story in any case.  That Emma also saw it, though, may be of some significance, particularly since no one else actually saw the wolf.

      The kicker, though, is in Lily, when the wolf appears at just the right time to lead Emma to bump into Lily at the coffee shop. Emma even commented on the seeming coincidence of the wolf that prevented her from leaving storybrooke in the first place and the current one (which was also seen by Regina this time).  And I believe it is intended to be the same wolf in both the Pilot and in Lily.

      At this point, something has been set up regarding the wolf, we just don't know yet what that something is.  My wishful thinking is that maybe it will relate to some way that brings Ruby back, since she is able to communicate with wolves (or at least I am assuming that).

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Hmcooper4 wrote:
      Had it stopped with the Wolf in the pilot, I would likely mark it as 'coincidence'. (though we all know there is no such thing, right?)

      As someone pointed out earlier, Graham's wolf friend was a different wolf, as can be seen in the eyes, and was related to Graham's story in any case.  That Emma also saw it, though, may be of some significance, particularly since no one else actually saw the wolf.

      The kicker, though, is in Lily, when the wolf appears at just the right time to lead Emma to bump into Lily at the coffee shop. Emma even commented on the seeming coincidence of the wolf that prevented her from leaving storybrooke in the first place and the current one (which was also seen by Regina this time).  And I believe it is intended to be the same wolf in both the Pilot and in Lily.

      At this point, something has been set up regarding the wolf, we just don't know yet what that something is.  My wishful thinking is that maybe it will relate to some way that brings Ruby back, since she is able to communicate with wolves (or at least I am assuming that).

      You're right. bc Ruby does understand Pongo, when we all thought Archie died, when it was Cora who made us all think she killed him, when she killed someone else. Btw, is that ever going to be confirmed who Cora killed, I know, she said she didn't know but still. A man has been missing for almost 2 yrs and noone still hasn't reported whoever Cora killed to make him look like Archie. She probably had the mans heart in her hands, I'm surprised Pongo didn't realise something was wrong with Archie, when he did realise Regina wasn't Regina, but someone else. He couldn't recognize his own master. Weird.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • Of course the wolf is a greater force, fate, or something else. I don't think they are ever gonna explain it, and I kinda hope so, it ruins the mysticism.

        Preparing Editor Spell
    • A Spy in the Mirror
        Preparing Editor Spell
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.