In Arendelle, as Anna's wedding is planned, Sven is tended to by her fiancé as well as his owner, Kristoff, in the stables. Elsa, bursts in to question Kristoff about her Anna's whereabouts. After bluffly badly, Kristoff admits Anna booked a trip to Misthaven in order to uncover the secret of what she and Elsa's parents were headed on the voyage that took their lives. ("A Tale of Two Sisters")
When Elsa receives word that Prince Hans and his brothers are forming an army to invade Arendelle, Kristoff offers to sneak into their camp and eavesdrop, but she wants to handle the situation herself. Rebelling against her decision, Kristoff travels to the Southern Mountains with Sven to find out what Hans is up to. On the way there, Sven communicates, in a series of grunts, expressing disapproval at his owner's choice. Kristoff owns up to his actions but promises that Elsa will be glad he didn't listen to her. Leaving Sven in the woods, Kristoff then sneaks closer to the camp where he overhears the princes' plans of imprisoning Elsa in an urn so Hans can rule Arendelle as its king. ("Rocky Road")
Yearning to see Anna again, an unhappy Sven refuses his favorite treat, carrots, when Kristoff offers him some. Exasperated, Kristoff comments out loud that he can't figure out what's wrong with him. At the stable's doorway, Anna, after arriving home, suggests that perhaps Sven missed her. In utter joy, Kristoff reunites with Anna. As the couple kiss, Sven begins making smooching noises, which Anna finds funny while Kristoff tells him to stop. Sven then hides his head to give the two of them some privacy. Kristoff tells Anna that he took a bath this morning, and she remarks that he smells wonderful, whereupon Sven starts sniffing the air. ("The Apprentice")
Although Arendelle was destroyed by the Black Fairy's Dark Curse, it is reformed after Emma Swan, the Savior, wins the Final Battle. Sven is peacefully returned to his stable. ("The Final Battle Part 1", "The Final Battle Part 2")
- During the editing of "A Tale of Two Sisters", Mark Goldman, the editor of Once Upon a Time, used sounds he made himself as a temporary voice for Sven. They tried to use real sound effects and reindeer sounds instead, but they were never as good or funny, so the editor's voice was kept, and he ended up voicing Sven for the rest of the season.
- According to Andrew Chambliss and Kalinda Vazquez, the production team actually bought two reindeer to fill the role as Sven.
- The second reindeer is named Gump, and was used as Jack's understudy.
- During filming of "A Tale of Two Sisters", Jack the reindeer spat on Georgina Haig, who plays Elsa.
|Once Upon a Time: Season Four|
on the Edge
|"Unforgiven":||"Enter the Dragon":||"Poor
|"Best Laid Plans":||"Heart of Gold":||"Sympathy
|Once Upon a Time: Season Six|
|"The Savior":||"A Bitter Draught":||"The Other Shoe":||"Strange Case":||"Street Rats":||"Dark Waters":||"Heartless":||"I'll Be Your Mirror":||"Changelings":||"Wish You Were Here":||"Tougher Than the Rest":|
|"Murder Most Foul":||"Ill-Boding Patterns":||"Page 23":||"A Wondrous Place":||"Mother's Little Helper":||"Awake":||"Where Bluebirds Fly":||"The Black Fairy":||"The Song in Your Heart":||"The Final Battle Part 1":||"The Final Battle Part 2":|
|Once Upon a Time: Specials|
|"Magic is Coming":
||"The Price of Magic":||"Journey to Neverland":||"Wicked is Coming":||"Storybrooke Has Frozen Over":|
|"Secrets of Storybrooke":||"Dark Swan Rises":||"Evil Reigns Once More":||"The Final Battle Begins":|
Note: "Archive" denotes archive footage.
- screenshot) . "shows how much you know... Sven was played by Jack. Gump was the understudy. Imagine how hurt jack must be right now." (
- screenshot) . "Meet the #OnceUponATime voice of Sven -- our brilliant editor @mjgoldman !" (
- Adam Horowitz on the Season Four Blu-ray Audio Commentary for "A Tale of Two Sisters"
- Andrew Chambliss and Kalinda Vazquez on the Season Four Blu-ray Audio Commentary for "Family Business"
- screenshot) . "@scottmfoster was a most dear Kristoff. His reindeer spat on me but that wasn't his fault." (