Reawakened: A Once Upon a Time Tale is a non-canon companion novel to ABC's Once Upon a Time. It was written by Odette Beane, and was released in eBook format on on April 23, 2013, and in paperback on May 7, 2013.
An excerpt and links to order can be found here.
- 1 Official Summary
- 2 Plot Overview
- 3 Chapters
- 4 Characters Included
- 4.1 Welcome to Storybrooke
- 4.2 The Thing You Love Most
- 4.3 Snow Falls
- 4.4 The Price of Gold
- 4.5 The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
- 4.6 Desperate Souls
- 4.7 7:15 A.M.
- 4.8 Skin Deep
- 4.9 What Happened to Frederick
- 4.10 Red Handed
- 4.11 Hat Trick
- 4.12 The Stable Boy
- 4.13 The Stranger
- 4.14 An Apple Red as Blood
- 4.15 A Land Without Magic
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Emma Swan’s life has been anything but a fairy tale. She's been on her own since she was abandoned as a baby—that is, until the night of her twenty-eighth birthday, when Henry, a ten-year-old boy, shows up on her doorstep. He's the son Emma gave up for adoption, and this surprise visit turns her life upside down.
Henry takes Emma back to his home in Storybrooke, Maine, where, Henry claims, all the residents are actually fairy tale characters who can't remember their true identities. And if Henry's right, that means that his sweet-natured, lonely schoolteacher Mary Margaret Blanchard is really Snow White, the iconic princess ... and also Emma's long-lost mother.
In Fairy Tale Land, we meet Snow White as a bandit on the run, forced into exile by her stepmother, the Evil Queen. Snow's a young woman learning to become a hero, who will do anything to live happily ever after with her one true love, Prince Charming.
The closer Emma comes to Henry in Storybrooke, the harder it is for her to ignore the dark curse that haunts this small New England town and binds her to Mary Margaret. If Emma can learn to accept her destiny as Storybrooke's savior and break the curse, she just might get the family reunion she's dreamed about her entire life.
- Welcome to Storybrooke
- The Thing You Love Most
- Snow Falls
- The Price of Gold
- The Shepherd
- The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
- Desperate Souls
- 7:15 A.M.
- Skin Deep
- What Happened to Frederick
- Heart of Darkness
- Hat Trick
Lost and Found
- The Stable Boy
- The Stranger
- An Apple Red as Blood
- A Land Without Magic
Welcome to Storybrooke
The Thing You Love Most
The Price of Gold
The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
What Happened to Frederick
The Stable Boy
An Apple Red as Blood
A Land Without Magic
- The title of the first chapter is also the title of the seventeenth episode of the second season.
- Ryan's surname is Marlow. He was also originally based in New York with his wife and three children but then fled to Boston after his embezzlement charges.
- The castle is referred to as the "Royal Castle."
- Emma recalls the last days before the childbirth and being "holed up in a dusty jail cell" with "not a soul to help her."
- Emma recalls after she gave birth to Henry, she was only allowed to hold him for a moment ("a warm, soft, crying thing who'd looked up at her with cloudy eyes") before the nurse pulled him away from her.
- During Prince Charming and Princess Abigail's journey to the castle for their engagement ceremony, they travel on "the high road beyond Midas's castle." This indicates King Midas's castle is not too far off from the Royal Castle itself.
- The trolls turn into snails instead of cockroaches after being hit by fairy dust.
- Regina counts off Phoenix, Nashville, Tallahassee and Boston when confronting Emma about her habitual past of moving around constantly.
- Sean and Mitchell Herman reside on Randolph Street.
- Mary Margaret wears the ring as a necklace.
- Emma shatters the vase containing Mary Margaret's flowers from Dr. Whale by hurling it across the room.
- Snow White states she "watched (her father) fall in love with Regina."
- As Graham is dying, he says to Emma that he loves her.
- After his death, Graham's body is put on a stretcher and carried away by paramedics.
- Zoso had been the Dark One for decades before he tricked Rumplestiltskin into taking the curse onto himself.
- During their girls' night at the Rabbit Hole, Ashley asks if there is anything new with Dr. Whale and Mary Margaret, but Mary Margaret brushes their one-night stand off as a "huge mistake."
- While Mary Margaret and her friends are at the Rabbit Hole, David sits at the bar with Archie, in order to check up on her.
- David and Mary Margaret's affair only lasts a couple of weeks before Kathryn finds out.
- When Kathryn disappears, Emma receives several emergency calls, first from a motorist, next David, and then from Regina.
- The morning after Kathryn's disappearance, Emma organizes a manhunt. What "[seems] like the whole town" shows up, and they comb the woods in vain. David and Mary Margaret are there, but stay far away from each other.
- After Sidney is fired from the newspaper, he spends a lot of time drinking at Granny's Diner and at the Rabbit Hole. One night, Emma was forced to "escort" him home, after finding him "drunk and raving" in the middle of Main Street at midnight.
- After Snow White is released by the Huntsman, she lives hand-to-mouth and sleeps in the woods for weeks, scavenging and begging for food, and sometimes finding a peasant who'd let her sleep in the barn.
- Snow White finds shelter in the chicken coop on a cold winter's night, and sees Peter and Red Riding Hood together.
- Snow White remembers her father taking her to the shore to play castle on the rock after her mother died.
- While asleep in the chicken coop, Snow White has a nightmare about her parents' deaths.
- It is implied that Granny, in order to protect Red Riding Hood from the approaching hunting party, shape-shifted into a wolf and slaughtered them.
- "A few days" after Snow White consumes the memory potion, the dwarves discuss how to deal with the new situation. Together, they come up with a plan, and invite a "special guest" for an intervention.
- Kathryn is discovered alive behind the diner alley by a group of about twenty residents.
- When Snow White and her allies storm the castle to rescue Prince Charming, she comes face to face with King George. They nearly duel, but Jiminy aids in injuring King George so Snow White can progress deeper into the castle.
- As the elevator stops, Mr. Gold tells Emma that Regina had him take over for her. Unlike the episode's events, Regina is not tied to the chair by Mr. Gold, and instead she runs off to the hospital to watch over Henry.