Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is ABC's Once Upon a Time spin-off series. It was announced as picked up on May 10, 2013. The first episode premiered on October 10, 2013. The series finale aired on April 3, 2014.
In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah smoking caterpillar and playing cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during this impossible adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane and her doctors aim to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever — the handsome and mysterious Cyrus. But deep down Alice knows this world is real and just in the nick of time, the sardonic Knave of Hearts and the irrepressible White Rabbit arrive to save her from a doomed fate. Together, the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to this Wonderland where nothing is impossible.
After the Red Queen seemingly kills her true love, the genie Cyrus, Alice returns to Victorian England and is subsequently committed to an asylum. She is rescued by the Knave of Hearts and the White Rabbit, who informs her that Cyrus is still alive. Journeying once again to Wonderland, Alice embarks on a quest to find her lost love, who is being held captive by the sorcerer Jafar and the Red Queen in their endeavor to change the laws of magic.
|Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Ratings|
- Only the final ratings are added in these tables. The early ratings are not used.
- The series high is "Down the Rabbit Hole", which was watched by 5.82 million viewers and earned a 1.7 demo rating.
- The series low is "Dirty Little Secrets", which was watched by 3.22 million viewers and earned a 0.8 demo rating.
- Paul Reubens was originally cast as the voice of the White Rabbit.
- During development, the project was titled Once: Wonderland.