For the first iteration, see Magic Mushrooms.
At one point in time, Gothel visits New Wonderland and unearths a special mushroom that can be used to curse someone's heart. One day, she appears before Rapunzel and tempts her with the mushroom, saying that she can use it to curse Marcus' wife Cecelia and make her disappear. At first, Rapunzel rejects this offer as she claims she would never hurt an innocent person. During Drizella's birthday party, Rapunzel serves the guests as Cecelia tries to persuade her not to work on her daughter's birthday. She tells Marcus about Drizella's lukewarm response to her gift and expresses how much she feels like an outcast around her own family. After seeing Drizella's favoritism towards Cecelia, she gets increasingly jealous and poisons Cecelia's lavender lemonade, causing the woman to flee to New Wonderland. ("One Little Tear")
As Henry is searching for Cinderella after she goes into the Infinite Maze to find Alice, he is magically frozen by Drizella, who plucks a spotted mushroom and cuts into it, with intentions of poisoning his heart so that he and Cinderella can never share true love's kiss without there being fatal consequences. Henry makes a feeble attempt at trying to convince her that Cinderella isn't interested in him, but Drizella insists she is not leaving things to chance. She cuts into the mushroom and prepares to slather some of the poison on Henry's chest, but Cinderella arrives in time to punch her in the face, making her recoil and totter off balance from the impact. Drizella is then surprised by Alice, who dumps a looking glass on her to send her home. ("Pretty in Blue")
Wish Hook engages in a pistol duel with Captain Ahab to prove he has not gone soft. However, unbeknownst to either of them, Gothel coated Ahab's bullet with poison from the toadstool. When Ahab's bullet grazes Hook, he is affected by the curse, making him unable to go near his daughter Alice. ("Knightfall")
- The toadstool that Drizella attempts to poison Henry with in "Pretty in Blue" and the one that Rapunzel uses to poison Cecelia in "One Little Tear" is the same prop that was used for the Crimson Crown in "Siege Perilous" and "The Bear and the Bow".
|Once Upon a Time: Season Seven|
|"Hyperion Heights":||"A Pirate's Life":||"The Garden of Forking Paths":||"Beauty":||"Greenbacks":||"Wake Up Call":||"Eloise Gardener":||"Pretty in Blue":||"One Little Tear":||"The Eighth Witch":||"Secret Garden":|
|"A Taste of the Heights":||"Knightfall":||"The Girl in the Tower":||"Sisterhood":||"Breadcrumbs":||"Chosen":||"The Guardian":||"Flower Child":||"Is This Henry Mills?":||"Homecoming":||"Leaving Storybrooke":|
- ↑ File:708SoInnocent.png
- ↑ File:709GothelGift.png
- ↑ ONCE UPON A TIME Crimson Crown (Stunt). Propabilia. Retrieved on January 19, 2020.
- ↑ Crimson Crown Toadstool from Once Upon a Time Season 5, Episode 4 [sic].. iCollector. Retrieved on December 11, 2019. “Crimson Crown Toadstool from Once Upon a Time Season 5, Episode 4 [sic]. (Disney-ABC, 2011-2018) Mushroom 4.5x4 Painted plaster The Crimson Crown toadstool also appears in season 7 (S07E09) where it is used by Rapunzel to poison the guests at Drizella's birthday party.”
- ↑ File:719TillyPlaying.png
- ↑ File:709PoisonRapunzel.png