Lumiere is a normal human until the Wicked Witch of the West turns him into a candelabra. She promises to restore him to his former self, but only if he helps her revive the Dark One, Rumplestiltskin. Placed in the library of Rumplestiltskin's old castle, he makes himself known when Belle enters the room and lights the candelabra; where she and Neal begin searching for information on how to revive Rumplestiltskin. Lumiere deceives them; stating that Rumplestiltskin turned him into his current form after a broken deal. He offers to help only if they can return him to his original self. Instructing Belle to pick out a book from a shelf, she later finds a key in it, which he explains it is for opening the vault of the Dark One; where the Dark One can be resurrected. Belle and Neal want Lumiere lead them to the vault, to which he agrees to. As the pair exit the room, Neal blows out Lumiere's candle flames. Shortly after, the Wicked Witch enters to relight his candles. Having done as she asked of him, Lumiere demands to be given his end of their bargain as his duties are fulfilled, but she refuses and orders him to bring Belle and Neal to the vault. The next day, Belle and Neal travel to a forest clearing where Lumiere tells them to uncover the vault lock on the ground's center. When Neal expresses uncertainty, Lumiere boldly proclaims that he has been in Rumplestiltskin's library for over two-hundred years watching the Dark One practice dark magic. Belle realizes he is lying since the library was built for her and has existed for barely thirty years. Caught, Lumiere admits it was actually the Wicked Witch who cursed him into his current form since she wants the revived Dark One to be in her control via the dagger. Despite this, Neal stubbornly uses the key to open the vault, not knowing the cost is his life, while Rumplestiltskin brought back. The Dark One absorbs Neal into his own body to keep him alive as the Wicked Witch uses the dagger to order Rumplestiltskin to kill Belle. Lumiere entraps the Wicked Witch in flames to help Belle escape. As she flees, she takes him along with her. ("Quiet Minds")
- Lumiere is featured in the title card for "Quiet Minds".
- Lumiere is one of only three Enchanted Forest characters who were never featured in a flashback from before the first curse, the others being Roland and Rapunzel.
- Lumiere's candelabra appears in Mr. Gold's pawnshop. However, it is unknown if it is supposed to be Lumiere or if the prop was just reused. ("Bleeding Through")
- There is a candlestick in Rumplestiltskin's castle, which is supposed to be Lumiere from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. ("Skin Deep" et al.)
- When Belle leaves the pawnshop after finding out what Mr. Gold did to Regina, a candelabra similar to Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast is sitting on a shelf by the door. ("Broken")
|Once Upon a Time: Season Three|
|"The Heart of the Truest Believer":||"Lost Girl":||"Quite a Common Fairy":||"Nasty Habits":||"Good Form":||"Ariel":||"Dark Hollow":||"Think Lovely Thoughts":||"Save Henry":||"The New Neverland":||"Going Home":|
|"New York City Serenade":||"Witch Hunt":||"The Tower":||"Quiet Minds":||"It's Not Easy Being Green":||"The Jolly Roger":||"Bleeding Through":||"A Curious Thing":||"Kansas":||"Snow Drifts":||"There's No Place Like Home":|
- ↑ File:315Title.png
- ↑ File:318UsedToKillMyMother.png
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://tvline.com/2013/12/17/homeland-season-4-spoilers-carrie-quinn-romance/
- ↑ File:112ArrangedMarriage.png
- ↑ http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Once_Upon_A_Time/Once_Upon_A_Time_1x12_-_%20Skin_Deep.pdf
- ↑ Dove, Steve (October 2, 2012). Storybrooke Secrets: Broken. ABC. Archived from the original on May 5, 2014. “Every visit to Mr. Gold's pawnshop is a gold mine of secrets. Some good pieces on display in this episode include a candelabra that hints at fan-favorite Lumiere from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.”
- ↑ File:201ImSorry.png